The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Class Rep] Nightblade Feedback Thread

• Xirks
    Xirks
    ✭✭✭
    Can I just ask, how did the nightblade nerfs get justified? How can you have an assassin class, one meant to be in and out quickly taking down one target get surprise attack's fracture removed and incap's stun and defile removed? Not only this but ADD a cast time to it? I feel as though playing this class I have to whisper the target and let him know not to move because I am going to be using my wet noodles for weapons to slowly kill them. Meanwhile the templar has the most op sweep ulti, no cast time added, a snare on every single jabs hit, AND an eclipse 100% snare on every hit. Please can we have this considered, if we could get that cast time removed and maybe the stun added to incap again I would be happy.. Soul harvest can keep the defile, I just want the stun and no cast time.
  • psycoprophet
    psycoprophet
    ✭✭
    Xirks wrote: »
    Can I just ask, how did the nightblade nerfs get justified? How can you have an assassin class, one meant to be in and out quickly taking down one target get surprise attack's fracture removed and incap's stun and defile removed? Not only this but ADD a cast time to it? I feel as though playing this class I have to whisper the target and let him know not to move because I am going to be using my wet noodles for weapons to slowly kill them. Meanwhile the templar has the most op sweep ulti, no cast time added, a snare on every single jabs hit, AND an eclipse 100% snare on every hit. Please can we have this considered, if we could get that cast time removed and maybe the stun added to incap again I would be happy.. Soul harvest can keep the defile, I just want the stun and no cast time.

Welcome to mmo's lol
    Rogue's are usually the most gutted class as years go on due to being designed in such a way that produces salt mines lol even though that's their gig.
    Edited by psycoprophet on September 27, 2019 2:42PM
  • Daddysadface
    Daddysadface
    ✭✭✭

Welcome to mmo's lol
    Rogue's are usually the most gutted class as years go on due to being designed in such a way that produces salt mines lol even though that's their gig.

Source?
  • psycoprophet
    psycoprophet
    ✭✭

Welcome to mmo's lol

Source?

Every mmo with pvp centric modes? The rogue archetype is always the most hated and complained about due to the sneaky, stealthy, high evasive and bursty playstyle.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rogue for life 😎
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Concealed Weapon feedback:

Please consider adding the 25% movement speed bonus (in sneak or invisibility) from Concealed Weapon to the base skill! So Stamblades and Magblades can use it

Reasoning:

This passive bonus wouldn't increase the damage or effectiveness of Surprise Attack, but would prevent Stamblades from having to choose between their class stun + spammable (Surprise Attack) or the mobility + fun of Concealed Weapon
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • psycoprophet
    psycoprophet
    ✭✭
    Rogue for life 😎

True dat!
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please can a skill in the Siphoning line be reworked to provide stamina and magicka based healing.

If we are going to have all damage taken away from us please give us some defense.
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please consider adding the 25% movement speed bonus (in sneak or invisibility) from Concealed Weapon to the base skill! So Stamblades and Magblades can use it

Reasoning:

This passive bonus wouldn't increase the damage or effectiveness of Surprise Attack, but would prevent Stamblades from having to choose between their class stun + spammable (Surprise Attack) or the mobility + fun of Concealed Weapon

then why chose concealed weapon? if you are making a suggestion, at least think about it a bit more.
  • Daddysadface
    Daddysadface
    ✭✭✭
    Interrupt on M.blade skill kit is non existent for PVE. (must use weapon line "Crushing Shock").

Concealed weapon has no interrupt unless in sneak/invisible (Good luck in a pve setting), (Must use weapon line "Crushing Shock").

Lotus Fan has no interrupt, (Must use weapon Line "Crushing Shock")

Little Reward return for a Medium/Close range dps toon other then self heal (Swallow soul), very selfish tool kit, very non group needed or even wanted due to minimal dps over any other class. Specializes at... ? Please tell me again... (Must use weapon line "Crushing Shock")

And yes, I know I can bash, burn my very little stamina, and have none to roll dodge, or use barbed Trap in rotations, not that I should have to bash in a "Proper" group. Then again, if I had proper class skills, you would think on a magica toon...a stun or interrupt would be a "Class specific" ability. Oh wait, didn't Sorc have one on Crystal frag, all for it to be nerfed because of QQ Pvp players?
    Edited by Daddysadface on October 6, 2019 2:33AM
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally feel like both magblade and stamblade could use a buff this tanky meta is not in nb favour at all or sorry it’s templar meta now 😒
  • Avrael
    Avrael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Siphoning Strikes should give Major Sorcery and Brutality (similar to sorcerers Surge, also in my eyes every class should have a class-skill that lets you buff before a fight) instead of Drain Power, with wich you HAVE to hit an enemie to get the buff so you cant buff up before attacking.
    Also Siphoning Strikes, Grim Focus and all their morphs should last 30sec. imo, made a thread about that too now.
    "I mustache you a question."
    "Well shave it for later."
  • Daddysadface
    Daddysadface
    ✭✭✭
    2 Pains: 1 Class abilities having no Utility that bests non class skills or is easily sacrificed and worked around. 2: The Class feeling more Sorc like then Rouge in a PVE Environment. Put DoT Meta on your bar and finally not have to be called "A pretend dps".
  • Crucified4sin
    Crucified4sin
    ✭✭✭
    1. Shadowy disguise needs a longer run time, OR a reduction in cost..
    2. It is way to easy to be pulled out of cloak with all the aoe dmg from player skills as well as monster sets constantly going off. It is frustrating when it costs so much to cloak only to be pulled immediately out by a meteor strike on a player near you.

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Welcome to mmo's lol

Source?

I have to agree. Players choose a class usually based on their personality.

Rogues - min-maxers
    Sorcs - cross dressers
    Tanky types - the little guy who was picked on in high school
    Healers - socializers

Rogues usually min max best and then get punished for it, meanwhile other classes complain they can’t do well while eating Doritos and get ganked while sending tells to their friends.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I have another suggestion;

Can we have Path of Darkness and Refreshing Path also deal damage like it used to, except at half the damage coefficient of Twisting Path? It'll be like mimicking the Strife morphs where one does normal damage and heals yourself, and the other does less target damage but heal allies. However, I don't want the healing value on refreshing Path to be touched as that's the main purpose of the morph, so it'll just be doing half the damage of Twisting Path in comparison.

Since your team hasn't seemed to want to increase the effective range of Refreshing Path to that of Twisting Path, I think allowing it to continue doing some damage again, even at half value, would be a positive alternative.
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2. It is way to easy to be pulled out of cloak with all the aoe dmg from player skills as well as monster sets constantly going off. It is frustrating when it costs so much to cloak only to be pulled immediately out by a meteor strike on a player near you.
    Concealed weapon should also get a buff. How after all this time concealed weapon hasn’t been buffed I don’t know give it major breach or slight boost to damage maybe even a hot.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Concealed weapon should also get a buff. How after all this time concealed weapon hasn’t been buffed I don’t know give it major breach or slight boost to damage maybe even a hot.

Another option would be to make it 15m range like clench or one of those other abilities. The ability itself isn’t bad, it’s the constant aoe spam that makes it problematic in pvp.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

Another option would be to make it 15m range like clench or one of those other abilities. The ability itself isn’t bad, it’s the constant aoe spam that makes it problematic in pvp.
    See how that could be useful but us melee magblades exist 😎
    Edited by Deathlord92 on October 24, 2019 4:05PM
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone and idea to give nightblade some group utility beside the 6% physical crit?

Some cross healing which we lack soòooo much of for stam , and mag too since funnel health nerf.. maybe on siphoning attacks or by revamping malevolent offerings..

Also some 3/5% global dmg increase on non-player target for 2sec after using spectral bow could be nice.. some kind of wound exposure..

Nightblade used to be best at dmg and were chosen for that, they aren't anymore and should be given a reason to be chosen for group/pvp/trial content.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kalunte wrote: »
    Has anyone and idea to give nightblade some group utility beside the 6% physical crit?

Some cross healing which we lack soòooo much of for stam , and mag too since funnel health nerf.. maybe on siphoning attacks or by revamping malevolent offerings..

Also some 3/5% global dmg increase on non-player target for 2sec after using spectral bow could be nice.. some kind of wound exposure..

Nightblade used to be best at dmg and were chosen for that, they aren't anymore and should be given a reason to be chosen for group/pvp/trial content.
    Completely agree.
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally feel like both magblade and stamblade could use a buff this tanky meta is not in nb favour at all or sorry it’s templar meta now 😒

This....I'm packing 5.2+ buffed wd and still not getting true assassinations anymore. Those precious moments of going in solo, picking off one player and skillfully evading all the cr*p from their buddies, are just not happening.

Play how you want as a rogue, sneak assassin just gets further and further away :neutral:

I dont want to zerg, I dont want to brawl - I want to sneak n' stealth, gank n' murder the unsuspecting and run off with my heart pounding as all those tanky aoe zerglings bounce around like yoyos!
    Edited by martinhpb16_ESO on October 27, 2019 3:34PM
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This....I'm packing 4.5k+ buffed wd and still not getting true assassinations anymore. Those precious moments of going in solo, picking off one player and skillfully evading all the cr*p from their buddies, are just not happening.

Play how you want as a rogue, sneak assassin just gets further and further away :neutral:

I dont want to zerg, I dont want to brawl - I want to sneak n' stealth, gank n' murder the unsuspecting and run off with my heart pounding as all those tanky aoe zerglings bounce around like yoyos!
    Exactly
  • ExistingRug61
    ExistingRug61
    ✭✭✭✭

I'll toss this one out there: Major Lifesteal?
    Fits the class theme, applied to enemies so everyone attacking them benefits.
    Maybe from something like a synergy on path of darkness. But that would only help mag so maybe somewhere else so stam can get it too?

I think something like this could be good too - potentially replace the increase spell and weapon damage while stealthed passive with a short damage boost or penetration boost after doing some action. Would prefer if it is a bit more flexible than just from the spectral bow though, maybe triggered by any direct damage with assassination abilities or damaging an enemy that is under 50% health or something?
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sage2000 wrote: »
    1. Please gut NB survivability. Nerf cloak into the ground. Provide further nerfs to roll dodge. Force us to become yet another heavy armor brawler, or better yet make it so we are simply a free kill. At the very least make it so that medium armor is no longer viable for any class in PvP.

2. Please take away our burst. Nerf incap into the ground. Take away the spectral bow and make relentless focus just a button push that sends love and blissful feelings to our enemy. Nerf surprise attack to complete the removal of our burst.

In summary, please take away everything that makes our class fun, unique, and effective in PvP. /s

On a more serious note though, my two greatest pain points in regards to NB:

1. The forum warriors who have a relentless agenda of nerfing stamblades into the ground.

2. The infiltration of this very thread by people who don't main the class and just want it nerfed.

+1
  • JMadFour
    JMadFour
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Reasoning:

then why chose concealed weapon? if you are making a suggestion, at least think about it a bit more.

Make Concealed weapon a Cone AOE of some sort.

• labambao
    labambao
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are sorcerer agent pls don't read it.
    ZoS wanna make incap an utility skill and I am agree with that. With great debuff utility that provided by this ult it shouldn't deal a tonn of damage.
    So my suggestion is remove cast time o
    incap, make it cost 70 for silence, mb remove that sustain passive for slotting at all. And make deal just 3k oblivion damage, so any build can't make it high tooltip. Same with soul harvest, +20% damage, no cast time, defile, 3k oblivion damage.
    Also I had think about class skill identity
    Surprise attack - return back fracture
    Magic surprise attack - add breach
    Mark target - remove fracture and breach, add minor vulnerability, make skill cost magicka
    Ambush lotus - just delete this, Noone used it in years.
    Edited by labambao on October 27, 2019 6:00AM
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the risk of getting trolled

Anyone found any good solo Stamblade assassination builds cp?

Everything is just tanking and healing through my junk.

I'm using Spriggan, NM Acolyte, Bloodspawn - wd buffed 5.2.

I've never felt this clunky or inept before :/
    Edited by martinhpb16_ESO on October 27, 2019 3:37PM
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Similar experience. I'm thinking about figuring out how to get Major and/or Minor Defile. The healing is just too much.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the risk of getting trolled

Anyone found any good solo Stamblade assassination builds cp?

Everything is just tanking and healing through my junk.

I'm using Spriggan, NM Acolyte, Bloodspawn - wd buffed 5.2.

I've never felt this clunky or inept before :/

Lol welcome to the assassin's class, the nerfed out one trick pony. I don't Stam, but magnb only ganking with calu anymore, IDC what anyone else says it's impossible without that set, and if they disagree I say prove it.

The single target burst class, lawl, not no mo

They need to buff our damage or give some secondary buffs to skills. Like even fear is a joke now for Stam, why would ANYONE use that over fg fear because of passives. Fears out of global cooldowns it's just better.

Nbs are nerfed hard because everyone hates assassins