Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Dragonhold & Update 24 Preview"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
90e5dc1535c84cb985ac0105841173ea.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for "Dragonhold & Update 24 Preview" blog article.

The Season of the Dragon saga reaches its epic conclusion with Dragonhold, The Elder Scrolls Online’s latest DLC story zone. Learn about this new adventure and all the changes coming with Update 24 in this preview article!
Staff Post
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing about unique content of dlc. At least pts intime :o
  • MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Redguard swordmaster is not your only companion in this endeavor, however. When you start the zone’s main story, a powerful and famous ally from Elder Scrolls lore joins you. No spoilers, sorry! Together, you and your new allies must seek out the secrets of the lost Dragonguard order and fight against the machinations of the mighty Dragon Laatvulon and his New Moon cultists.

Will this mystery person be shown on the ESO Live stream?

• RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    fan-favorite character Sai Sahan

Who are these alleged fans? I find it hard to believe that that sad, mentally constipated, multiple failure of a man is anyone's favourite.
    PC EU
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Powerful and famous ally …

So it is someone that likes us yes.

It's that adoring fan pointy headed elf yes!

Ah hah. Khajiit has got it. This one wins all of the things!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "The Season of the Dragon cat saga reaches its epic conclusion with Dragonhold"
    There you go, fixed it for you... ;)

btw. Don't get me wrong, Khajiit is my 2nd favourite race in Elder Scroll universe, but racial rebalance in wrathnerf stone, NB redundancy removal nerfs in Elsweyr and finally dumbing down class identity and sledging Werewolf with nerf rocket - propelled hammer through the floor in Scalegame breaker...
    I think it kinda left a permanent scar that I will never get rid off. They will have to do miracles in next update 24 or else it may be the final update for me.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on September 12, 2019 3:05PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    untold riches await those who know where to look!

New Crown Store confirmed! :)
    a powerful and famous ally from Elder Scrolls lore joins you

I have been waiting to hear the Adoring Fan's back story.
    it comes to the Public Test Server on Monday, September 16!

oooooh! Too late to take next week off work. Need more lead time, ZOS.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any content beyond the zone and quests? Usually there is something more in Q4.

- Q4 2015: Wrothgar zone and Maelstrom Arena with Maelstrom weapons
    - Q4 2016: One Tamriel and scaled up Craglorn trials + Dragonstar Arena with Master weapons
    - Q4 2017: Clockwork City and Asylum Sanctorium with Asylum weapons
    - Q4 2018: Murkmire and Blackrose Prison with Blackrose Weapons

Still hoping for some type of PVE content in Q4 2019, with the 5th ability-altering weapons, but haven’t seen any news on this.
  • Throren
    Throren
    ✭✭✭
    Im 90% convinced the mysterious powerful 'ally' is Paarthurnax

gaj6i931uca31.png?width=1024&auto=webp&s=931b158d40bb485a47b4189cf38a8c013c0b6d92
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Throren wrote: »

gaj6i931uca31.png?width=1024&auto=webp&s=931b158d40bb485a47b4189cf38a8c013c0b6d92

Agree, but I think I'm 99.99% sure it's going to be Paarthunax :)
    PC EU
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am 99% sure this DLC will be spoiled before console release.
    PS5 EU.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmm no group content at all? EZ 10.00 USD saved
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Paarthurnax would be appropriate for the story, since he is flitting around somewhere
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They didn't mention much about what the new Pellitine zone includes, but it should have, at minimum:
    • two delves, with daily repeatable quests to enter them
    • two world bosses, with daily repeatable quests to defeat them (hopefully with some variations like Murkmire)
    • at least one other daily repetable quest (CWC had two more)
    • a "Prologue" quest and daily repeatables, which should be released soon and do not actually require the DLC (but might require Elsweyr?)
    • some other bonus challenge group content? TG and CWC had 12P trials; Murkmire a 4P arena; although the Dark Brotherhood did not include anything special like this, so it's not a given. Imperial City has the sewer centre Molag Bal fight; we might get some analogue of that in the new DLC, if nothing else? (A repeatable seriously challenging boss/dragon fight, with special loot drops).
    In addition, although I hope the new announced memory and performance enhancement base game changes will help a lot in the long run, I expect there to be some serious stability and addon-compatibility issues for the first month or so. I hope they have a fairly long testing cycle on PTS first!
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just hope they nail his look. So far, the ESO dragons didn't look much like the Skyrim dragons.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pls buff magblade <3
  • Chicharron
    Chicharron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Who are these alleged fans? I find it hard to believe that that sad, mentally constipated, multiple failure of a man is anyone's favourite.

I agree.

His lack of self-esteem and extreme codependency make it easy to forget.
  • mateosalvaje
    mateosalvaje
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love stories!!! 😁
    I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To those guessing Paarthurnax, I'm fairly certain that, if the mystery ally is indeed a dragon, it's going to be Nafaalilargus. A dragon from the game The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard who's alive during the event of ESO.

Or it could actually be Paarthurnax and the reference to Nafaalilargus in that event datamine is just an easter egg. Who knows? XP
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So where is Puff?
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will we also get a Dragonguard skill line? It would be awesome :D Even if it's only passives like Thieves' Guild or Dark Brotherhood.
    Edited by VerboseQuips on September 12, 2019 9:28PM
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Dragonhold DLC boasts more rewards than any previous DLC story zone, including new titles (such as the much-requested “Pirate” title),

It will be very difficult to beat Wrothgar - few costumes, hat, titles, pet and Polymorph. New DLC has to offer mount, pet, costumes, titles, Polymorph... :)
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You sound like a Tharn.
    To unlock the Season of the Dragon finale quests, you must complete both the Elsweyr and Dragonhold main story questlines.

YES! This is EXACTLY what I've wanted, actual, legitimate story progression. A content lock system that makes you experience the story in it's intended order so you can't get confused or misled.
    Edited by ArchMikem on September 13, 2019 12:01AM
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭

- Q4 2016: One Tamriel and scaled up Craglorn trials + Dragonstar Arena with Master weapons

Still hoping for some type of PVE content in Q4 2019, with the 5th ability-altering weapons, but haven’t seen any news on this.

@WrathOfInnos #metoo
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Seconded. Nafaalilargus is too obscure.

Unrelated, I will be very annoyed if Sai ends up Grandmaster of the Blades Dragonguard. :angry: The man may have his good qualities, but leadership ability, subtlety, intelligence - basically everything that the leader of a spy network out to save the world needs - are not among them.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Seconded. Nafaalilargus is too obscure

It's kind of a waste to use Skyrim character a year before Skyrim anniversary year. Just saying.
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "first wave of our announced performance improvements" and "new delves, world bosses, quests, and Dragon hunts"

Looking forward to it!

• Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

On top of that we can add Q4 2014 : adding dragonstar arena , sanctum ophidia and upper craglorn.

Seems like we are going to get the weakest Q4 DLC
    Edited by Juhasow on September 13, 2019 4:51AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just as you have an opinion on Sai and the companions I expect those vary throughout the player base. None are wrong or bad as all the characters have their own worthy personalities and quirks.

What surprises me is the lack of instanced content as others have mentioned. That is there the MMO part of a MMORPG shines and where those of us want some challenging content look at for fueling a big part of our interest in the game. I am hoping that no mention of it is just an oversight in preparing the news article. Otherwise I would be disappointed in a new vision to add less content.
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »

On top of that we can add Q4 2014 : adding dragonstar arena , sanctum ophidia and upper craglorn.

Seems like we are going to get the weakest Q4 DLC

Year of the underwhelming finish
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im all for a new zone and hopefully the sloth like performance improvements do something