Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Same DC guys for days. LoL

• Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »
    kreoko wrote: »
    I have yet to meet these door campers.

Is it a PC thing? Or am I just a considerably lucky console player? XD
    3. Because it's not a safe haven for PvE or roleplay, it's a PvP event, I expect people to be geared in IC period.
    Ok but that legit has nothing to do with the fact people still exploited getting up on the platforms to camp- which if I remember correctly you had to jump off of to actually hit the ground and is the only safe place until you actually leave it.
    Edit: forgot how quotes worked for a second
    Edited by Reistr_the_Unbroken on September 11, 2019 12:36PM
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there definately is a difference. When they did not enter the platform, groups had enough time to get started, and start a counter attack together.
    We have killed several of them like that.

Since they learned about the exploit and are on the platform, everybody leaving the door is dead instantly as he stands in the center of group burst damage including the meteor ultimate.

No chance to form a grouped counterattack.

• BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there definately is a difference. When they did not enter the platform, groups had enough time to get started, and start a counter attack together.

Since they learned about the exploit and are on the platform, everybody leaving the door is dead instantly as he stands in the center of group burst damage including the meteor ultimate.

Why don't you all go up the ladder together and come down behind them, they won't stay up there forever - Or half and half.
    Or get a few to go out the bottom door to bait them down and then flood in from behind?

Or, just stop going out the doors and they'll soon get bored.

3. Because it's not a safe haven for PvE or roleplay, it's a PvP event, I expect people to be geared in IC period.
    Ok but that legit has nothing to do with the fact people still exploited getting up on the platforms to camp- which if I remember correctly you had to jump off of to actually hit the ground and is the only safe place until you actually leave it.

Ok, stop taking the top door, they need someone to be up there to get there.
    I have no sympathy for this because it's so easily avoided or dealt with.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why don't you all go up the ladder together and come down behind them, they won't stay up there forever - Or half and half.
    Or get a few to go out the bottom door to bait them down and then flood in from behind?

Or, just stop going out the doors and they'll soon get bored.

Ok, stop taking the top door, they need someone to be up there to get there.
    I have no sympathy for this because it's so easily avoided or dealt with.

so you assume that we are too dumb to use the bottom door? This basically shows that you have not tried to deal with the situation yourself, or you would know that some wait on the platform, some on the bottom door.

The ladder variant might work, if you had no zergs patrolling the upper parts where the ladders exit.
    I tried it just once, then decided to give up as it is wasted time. They meanwhile perfected their sabotage too well, so I enter at times when they sleep or still work (I go asleep at 2 am and sometimes arrive from work before they are active).
    I'm not willing to play guinea pig for the exploits ZOS is not willing to fix.
    Edited by markulrich1966 on September 11, 2019 1:03PM
  • Tasty
    Tasty
    ✭✭
    Dunno how they do that. Not that I want to get up there anyway. Saw one of my group members accidentally Leap someone on platform and they got insta-schwacked.
    Ta'sty, Tastee, Tastie, Vicodiana, Majesticals, Quakadilly Blip, and a few others.
    TY for the donation!
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PizzaCat82 wrote: »
    I've never met a PVPer who truly wanted a fair fight.

I myself would never enter a battle I know I would not win.

Many PvPers aren't that fragile. No different from any other competitive event. I would rather play basketball with the better players than with a bunch of scrubs I know I can dominate. I hate losing at basketball, but I am able to regulate my emotions as an adult.
  • deathlikebean
    deathlikebean
    ✭✭✭
    I've been experiencing two types - a large DC Zerg at the gate preventing players from leaving. They also use gap closer so they can actually get onto the platform when you enter the irrigation tunnels, so be careful there. And also 2-3 EP Bombers that wait at the first boss in the Sewers outside from the AD gate where people are trying to get their daily tickets. They tend to bomb mid-fight on the boss so all the players are stacked in place so it's an easy kill streak for them.

I can't imagine that they are getting many Tel Var, as I'm sure most of the players that are being killed are as mentioned earlier, PvE Players that are new to the Sewers or trying to get tickets. So what's the point?

I guess all we can do is try to push out as a group and as a tip to those that don't know, head to your local bank and deposit all Tel Var before leaving your base, that way if you do get killed by a player they gain nothing aside from the "glory" of griefing PvE players.
    -Guild Leader of Senche Adventure Academy
  • Tasty
    Tasty
    ✭✭
    I blame @Ostonoha. It is his fault.
    Ta'sty, Tastee, Tastie, Vicodiana, Majesticals, Quakadilly Blip, and a few others.
    TY for the donation!
  • MrTtheDK
    MrTtheDK
    ✭✭✭
    We are the Imperial City Police. No crime or violation will be tolerated. It is justice that is being dispensed upon the Aldmeri Dominion. There shall be no refuge nor campaign where the outlaws shall find rest. These actions are not being taken with any form of pleasure or enjoyment. It is duty and oath to the Imperial City Laws that fuel our perseverance and will. Take heed, it is not too late to turn from the vile nature of your Queen. High King Emeric is a just and true. Bend the knee and join the Covenant and all transgressions will be forgot. This is the charge that the Imperial City Police have placed upon you. Make your choice.
    Main:
    DC- Diablo Azul , Mr T

Alts: Nerf Something or Another

Guild: - Imperial City Police
    RIP Guilds: Purple, WKB, Eight Divines, Rage, What Mechanics, Entropy Rising
    Game: @TalosSeptim
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    KMarble wrote: »
    The joke is on them. I go down in the sewers with zero tel var, they waste their time and resources killing me while competent PVPers kill them ;). When I get fed up of releasing, I go to a dungeon and get my tickets there.

No, the joke is still on you. They aren't doing it for the tel var stones.

Nice to know they are easily amused and that I'm able to help with that. I guess some people have to get their jollies any way they can.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been experiencing two types - a large DC Zerg at the gate preventing players from leaving. They also use gap closer so they can actually get onto the platform when you enter the irrigation tunnels, so be careful there. And also 2-3 EP Bombers that wait at the first boss in the Sewers outside from the AD gate where people are trying to get their daily tickets. They tend to bomb mid-fight on the boss so all the players are stacked in place so it's an easy kill streak for them.

I can't imagine that they are getting many Tel Var, as I'm sure most of the players that are being killed are as mentioned earlier, PvE Players that are new to the Sewers or trying to get tickets. So what's the point?

I guess all we can do is try to push out as a group and as a tip to those that don't know, head to your local bank and deposit all Tel Var before leaving your base, that way if you do get killed by a player they gain nothing aside from the "glory" of griefing PvE players.

They dont care about tel var, they don't care about AP. The only thing they care about is that they can and that is the point.

They enjoy making other players miserable and kill them over and over because they can.

Beta tester November 2013
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The joke is on them. I go down in the sewers with zero tel var, they waste their time and resources killing me while competent PVPers kill them ;). When I get fed up of releasing, I go to a dungeon and get my tickets there.

They do this for the AP too, not only for the TelVar

I have no problem with them earning AP. It's the currency that was designed for PVP. I get gold and items from using the blade of woe on NPCs which - lets face it - isn't that different.
  • Skullderic
    Skullderic
    ✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »

They dont care about tel var, they don't care about AP. The only thing they care about is that they can and that is the point.

They enjoy making other players miserable and kill them over and over because they can.

That's all it is, players leaving base don't really have Tel Var, after you kill someone once thay don't give AP, like 1 or 2 AP.

They just sit back and giggle like little children. (40 year olds I swear) 8D
    Edited by Skullderic on September 11, 2019 2:59PM
    Gert Soem!!
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would invite all players with delusions to seek immediate medical treatment
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm all for fighting all over the place, but camping the bases seems so boring and kind of a herdurdur thing to do. Like oooooooooh, you killed 12 pve players that have never stepped foot in here before, you absolute top tier player you. Its fighting fish in a barrel, its not very complicated, and it takes zero skill. But please, continue to be proud of yourselves.
    What a lot players you being one of them don’t think about is ap and tel ver stones 😎
  • DurzoBlint13
    DurzoBlint13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eirinin wrote: »
    Honest question. Does the pvp community discipline its own when small groups grief/exploit newbies? If not, why?

that would be like expecting you to discipline your neighbors kid when they act out.

The answer is no. The reason is because no one has control over anyone else's behavior (except maybe ZOS and we all know they don't care). How would you even go about doing that?
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wever got like 10 threads on this now and still haven't heard a word about it.
    sharquez wrote: »
    uvibtwnmis7f.png
    This Screen shot begs to differ. in additon to nameing two specific skills I cannot use ambush as a Nightblade.

Gap closing/Pulling/Mobility skills are supposed to be unusable in this zone.
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm all for fighting all over the place, but camping the bases seems so boring and kind of a herdurdur thing to do. Like oooooooooh, you killed 12 pve players that have never stepped foot in here before, you absolute top tier player you. Its fighting fish in a barrel, its not very complicated, and it takes zero skill. But please, continue to be proud of yourselves.
    What a lot players you being one of them don’t think about is ap and tel ver stones 😎

It cannot be that lucrative repeatedly killing people just leaving the base. I spend most of my time in Cyro, so I am familiar with the diminishing returns of killing the same person too quickly, in terms of AP. As for telvar, these people leaving the base typically aren't carrying loads of telvar. So not sure that the tiny bits they are getting of that are the reason either. I suspect they just want easy af fights and giggle to each other about how amazing they are at wiping people that don't stand a chance against them. Its like a worse version of ball groups in Cyro. I haven't seen that many REAL groups in IC for AD, mostly if there is a group its a pug group of mostly inexperienced w/PvP players and certainly not in comms. You know as well as I do a group in comms is typically going to fare better than a group of pugs. They don't have to guard the base to take out lots of players. And giving those players time to actually accumulate some tel var would mean they would get more of it when they did wipe that group of pugs later down the line in the sewers.

Because I spend most of my time in Cyro, I would prefer people just getting into PvP at all, not hate the experience so much they don't want to come play in Cyro, on any dang faction. I know IC and Cyro are not the same beast, but if they hate this event they may never walk into Cyro and try it. I would love for more people to come out and discover how much fun it can be.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

As I said - utter tossers.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen the same DC guys at the bases aswell. but I mostly just see them die to all the AD players there and not actually manage to kill many.
    They try to kill someone they think will be an easy gank target and then they get swarmed. Kinda fun to watch.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a try hard group that's griefing...That's all it is. Not about tel var or AP. I don't mind fighting them (nothing to lose), but unfortunately that's not the same case with most AD at that time. More people than I would like to see don't seem to realize the alternatives though....The ladders, sigil of imperial retreat, another campaign, IC dungeons, coordination, flanking...etc....aoe damage/ultis, etc.
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZonasArch wrote: »
    Wispsister wrote: »
    Honest question. Does the pvp community discipline its own when small groups grief/exploit newbies? If not, why?

Probably not, because ez clapping a lowlevel/inexperienced player is an easy way to feel good about yourself for a solid 5 or 10 seconds.

Some guilds do but solos and small scallers don't give a crap. Who is gonna punish them for being jerks? If they are exploiting, that's punishable by ZOS, but griefers aren't cheaters or exploiters. Just jerks... During midyear mayhem, for example, inside the house in vlast or the church in bruma, griefers would set down one of two meatball pizza throwers, and lay aoes on top of aoes behind doors. The moment you walked in, you're dead before it loads...

Is it wrong? No.

Do I wish they computers to melt and burn down their whole gaming setups? Yes.

Well, solos and small scalers do care, we all know these events bring in new people to try PVP and we would like to get more people in for it, healthy player amounts 24/7 times would be the best thing i can think of, imagine getting bgs and good battles even during 3am times when can play at those times.

Like 99% of the pvp community does care, not much we can do to griefers who act like this, but i and many i know do our share of helping by killing the door campers any chance we get, same as we did kill the Bruma quest house campers during Mayhem.

And no, majority of actually good pvpers just see the door campers as sad, pathetic and generally toxic to the whole pvp community since they are driving away people who might join pvp had they not get the first impression that this is what pvp at ESO is, seal clubbing the not so experienced on their door. Hopefully some people who try understand this though, every game has these kind of people, sadly.

Fun fact, also after several days of killing the door campers.. can say that they are all below average on their skills, so sort of explains why they are there camping doors against new people with pve gear and so on.. i can go solo vs 4-8 of these door camper guys and killed them all. Everytime.

Yes, most of them are on pvp gear, some run with a healer even, some are 2x dk + 2x templars, the amount of Toppling charge + Sweeps i get on me is nuts, Major Evasion saves the day though haha.

I also seen some totally new players do it to other new to pvp event players, so some go do it to other alliance camps, maybe as a payback after some did it to them.. So i guess some of it is all good, you all go outside and kill them, you have a fair change to fight with those ones. Also, do not be intimidated about someone being Grand Overlord, the ones i`ve seen with that rank doing door camping been some serious [Potato] tier Jesus Beam from 100% "it tickles" people who most likely got their rank from zerg surfing. True story. My Tel Var bank thanks them for their deposit, thank you come again - and if you`re looking for the Bank of Mournhold you`ve come to the wrong place!

Yes, they have made me rich after selling stacks of Hakeijos. B)
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firerock2 wrote: »

They do this for the AP too, not only for the TelVar

They do it because its fun and its the only PvP they can find sometimes. You are almost guaranteed a fight if you wait outside the spawns of enemy factions.

or, quite likely, an easy kill without a fight.
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lmao imagine thinking that taking on a swarm of people spamming ranged abilities + CCs is considered an easy kill.

Easy kills are when you ult dump a group right after they kill molag bal in the center.
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skullderic wrote: »

That's all it is, players leaving base don't really have Tel Var, after you kill someone once thay don't give AP, like 1 or 2 AP.

They just sit back and giggle like little children. (40 year olds I swear) 8D

Griefing like this is usually a PvP vs PvE issue. How dare they hold a event that brings all these PvE'ers to our part of the game... Do you see this during times when there is not an event? Most likely not. Companies that allow blatant griefing such as this spawns more and more bottom feeders and see a decrease in players over all.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

that would be like expecting you to discipline your neighbors kid when they act out.

The answer is no. The reason is because no one has control over anyone else's behavior (except maybe ZOS and we all know they don't care). How would you even go about doing that?

I think the difference of opinion seen on this is kind of generational. I was part of the first generation of modern online 3d gaming. We did police each other and players who failed to live up to ethical standards were removed from leagues, tournaments, top clans and guilds. Over time this has changed completely as the audience broadened and society has changed.

In PVE Everquest, there were huge opportunities for griefing. For example, loot wasn't per-player. When a monster dropped items, players had to share what was on its corpse. We had to devise systems for fairly dividing it. If a rare item dropped, any member of a group could gank it, ignoring the pre-agreed distribution rules. That rare item might have been worth $500+ on ebay. But largely, we all behaved because one's reputation mattered. Those who broke player derived and enforced rules once might never get another decent group again.

In ESO, a popular player who is known to cheat can be on their 3rd account and they're welcomed back with open arms. I see it in other games too. In 1998, that guy would never be respected or allowed to compete again.
    Edited by zyk on September 12, 2019 12:27AM
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My thoughts:

1) For those going for the quickest way to get tickets in AD, it is not actually so easy to avoid the spawn campers. They spend most of their time in the room with the most logical boss to kill (the clanfear guy.) The second boss in from the outside in the AD section of sewers (Emperor lovic) is not solo-able, the third (general kryzote) is bugged and doesn't drop tickets (great fix on that one BTW ZOS, super competent) , so you have to go a very long way (lady of the depths) to get to another AD boss that you can get tickets from and she isn't a complete push over so you do have to be competent to kill her. Going to other alliance zones has not proven very effective either as you mostly don't get to a boss before encountering a group. I should also mention that all ladders from topside land in the outer of the 4 sewer zones for each alliance so it is a trek from anywhere to any inner zone bosses. The topside boss option is probably the worst because the spawn timers are very long, and you are quite unlikely to be able to solo the boss or survive the many player groups around. For topside you really need to be in an organized group and be willing to spend some time looking. I have been in groups that didn't encounter a topside boss for almost an hour of looking and wiping enemy players. The last option (the PVE dungeons) takes a long while as both are long dungeons.

So, you can knock the pugs all you want for walking out the sewer door every time, but it is the logical choice for quick tickets. They should just all be doing a mNB and trying to cloak run it and also trying several campaigns if they encounter too thick an encampment of bullies.

2) It is really not smart for ZOS to set it up this way. They have set it as if to create the highest possible likelihood of casuals and the world beaters meeting and all this will result in for ZOS is a lot of unhappy casuals getting discouraged and quitting. Perhaps they should have made the first boss instead of the last bosses in the PVE dungeons drop the tickets or maybe the first enemy of any kind drop the tickets so people could just go upstairs and kill random NPC's. Right now they are just costing themselves players.

I should also note that getting to the front door of the enemy sewer spawn is actually one of the fastest things to do for anybody from their own zone as all the sewer grates drop in the outer most sewer section for each alliance. I have always thought this a bit strange as it means spawn point camping is just about the quickest and easiest thing to do in imperial city. In fact, it is rather time consuming to go just about anywhere else or do just about anything else. Usually games do not encourage spawn point camping with their design.

3) As if frog stomping the poor casuals who don't know what they are doing isn't enough a huge number of these dudes are cheating to stomp them even harder. Yea, your build is so good it takes less damage than any tank, heals from 20% to full in one press of a vigor, and hits harder than a glass cannon. Sure, right. The continuing blind eye turned in this game to the massive number of cheats is astounding. The only players they seem to want to ban are those who are willing to name players using cheats. Great strategy there ZOS.

4) Though it is fun to come through and wipe these campers from time to time with a big group from my PVP guild, they have always proven to have astoundingly few stones on them so they don't seem to actually be making much bank from this. The casuals must literally be leaving the base with 0 stones. Perhaps the campers are getting pretty good AP / hour from the kills but, given the low rank of the casuals and the diminished returns for multiple kills of the same player, I suspect it is more about the campers antisocial psychology than anything else when it comes to what they are getting out of the behavior.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PizzaCat82 wrote: »
    I've never met a PVPer who truly wanted a fair fight.

I myself would never enter a battle I know I would not win.

If you don´t pvp much chances are you don´t ever meet the people that look for fun and fair fights - because while it can be entertaining to go noobstomping once in a while it takes a special kind of person to enjoy it for longer periods (those are the people you meet 95% of the time if you´re not a pvp guy/gal).
    Edited by Derra on September 12, 2019 8:06AM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's funny when hardcore PvP'ers hit a bunch of PvE'ers...

PvE'ers wipe and say, WTF he must be cheating <insert claim here> yada yada yada.

Wiped a few times today, although it hurt my pride for my tank, it was pretty to watch, Nicely plaid, I tip my hat to a mechanic.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• xeha_arwen11
    xeha_arwen11
    ✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    You need to form a bomb group to just wipe them off your platform then. PvP events like this, some players need to make the sacrifice to become bodyguards for the others. Those who will hang up their Tel Var, stand tall in the face of evil and proclaim in one Destro Ult voice "Not Today".

In my limited experience your faction zone chat is full of people belittling others who call for help. During last year Midyear Mayhem, people were castigated by their own faction for being “pve casuals locking out real people from Cyrodiil”. And they would mock people like “Type hotdog in zone for group” and giggle to themselves at how many people replied “hotdog”. Or some other immature giggle.

Sorry to not just the opposite faction killing you that are to blame.

I've seen a lot of that. Just today a couple of people who were new to PvP were asking for some tips in zone chat, and the ENTIRE chat was tons of PvPers giving them horrible fake advice to screw them up while others were mocking them. PvP zone chat is toxic most of the time, regardless. It's disgusting. All I ever see in zone chat is venom and rudeness. One person will say "get the *** away from me" to his own teammate while another says, "you *****s are cowards". And so on and so on. Just venom almost all day every day.