Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Your favorite ESO related content creator

• Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh man, no one listed my poll competitions!

*pouts*
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hiruda wrote: »
    Im cringing so bad each time i see "Alcast"

Why? He runs a continually updated website with comprehensive content and build guides. While “internet builds” are subject to derision by theory crafters and people who already have end game experience, there’s a percentage of the player base that only plays occasionally or casually and just wants to be told what to do and wear. And new players coming to the game want easy to follow guides. Alcast and his partners cater to that part of the gaming community. And frankly we all benefit from there being a place that new players can go for information.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • enzoisadog
    enzoisadog
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fengrush is literally the best player AND streamer ESO ever had. Hes such a beast stam sorc, in fact, the best stam sorc in the game. Hes always fighting outnumbered which makes him the best. I love to run with his group and kill all the other ZERGLINGS I see.

Bring in the biceps.
    Anotha one.

564668842345889794.png?v=1
    NA-PC
    Ballgroup enjoyer also known as the best ballgroup player.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very hard to say. All of them seems to have a tiny "bias" towards something. I would say that I think Alcast is least biased.
    I mean, I think that if they say something is "OP" then masses follow them... (even though it is simply their personal opinion and certain thing might not be OP at all). For example, some content creator (not gonna name) was saying for example that WW is super strong in PvP... and it turned out that he/she have not played as one in PvP even ONCE (not even one of his/her characters was a WW). The point is - content creators very often dont realize how influential they can be and how "opinion-forming" they can be.
    Being able to see stuff from different perspective is often hard, but that is the key.

I hope you get the idea.

As for the content creators:
    - PvE - Alcast
    - PvP - Kristofer ESO
    - RP - Sherman's Gaming

I would add Isth3reno1else here too as often his rants are quite accurate, but as I said - there is slightly more "bias" here.

t3hasiangod is a "math" geek, but both him and NefasQS seem to be blinded by meta, DPS determinant, numbers & "skilzz", "git gud" type of approach in their judgment - thus imho they dont see the whole picture.
  • Nefas
    Nefas
    Class Representative
    I try to watch everyone and I wouldn't say I have any particular favorite streamer/YouTuber for ESO as I enjoy most of the content people put out. Speeez was especially entertaining. I also learned from Dottz recently that Hiding Polymorph Helmet fixes the weapon glitch :p

All I can say is a lot of people especially Wampire Lord @Alcast deserve a lot of respect just for the sheer amount of work they've produced.

A lot of people simply have no idea how much work and time investment is needed unless they themselves are trying to get into the business of being a content creator: building/maintaining a Website, creating/updating/editing YouTube videos and sticking to a schedule for streaming. And that's just the start. At one point, as I've discovered, you almost can't enjoy the game as much as you used to at times at a reasonable pace which is why some people tend to strictly stick to either streaming or YouTubing.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alcast and Xynode are so friendly. I havn't chatted with the others but they all seem really chill.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO has really nice content creators, and there's videos for every aspect of the game, niche or popular, which I think is awesome. I haven't watched most of them at length to form an opinion, but from the ones I have watched, I enjoy the following:

1. Tianlein and Shimmer: their guides and showcases are really informative, direct and to the point, and visually engaging (plus, Shimmer’s ‘Differently Geared’ videos are brilliant!)
    2. Liko: my go-to for DPS rotations—he’s well spoken, provides great descriptions, explains his reasoning as to why certain things work or not, etc.
    3. Kevduit: for his humorous ESO videos, which are accompanied by funny character emotes; ‘with my microtransaction weapon skin, I will smite you!’ =)
    4. Rubensky and Blobeso: even though I’m not much of a PvP-er, watching their streams always makes me want to PvP, and I like their playing style and attitude
    5. R_K: his EHT addon is the best thing that happened to ESO housing, and his videos showing the many functions of the addon as well as its potential to build mind-boggling things, are awesome
    Edited by Jaimeh on September 9, 2019 10:26PM
  • T3hasiangod
    T3hasiangod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nefas wrote: »
    A lot of people simply have no idea how much work and time investment is needed unless they themselves are trying to get into the business of being a content creator: building/maintaining a Website, creating/updating/editing YouTube videos and sticking to a schedule for streaming. And that's just the start. At one point, as I've discovered, you almost can't enjoy the game as much as you used to at times at a reasonable pace which is why some people tend to strictly stick to either streaming or YouTubing.

This so much. I think I got lucky in that I'm part of a great guild with great people so I can have fun while raiding, but when I log on to ESO, it's almost always either to raid, to stream, or to do videos.

[Edit to remove inappropriate content]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on September 13, 2019 9:08PM
    PC/NA - Mayflower, Hellfire Dominion

Dro-m'Athra Destroyer - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor - Voice of Reason - Gryphon Heart - The Unchained - Extinguisher of Flames

Tank - Healer - DPS (all classes, all specs)

Youtube - Twitch
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mursieftw is the greatest streamer of all time, and one of only a handful of streamers that I’d watch play other games.

Fengrush is the king of community building. He makes his viewers feel like they’re a part of something bigger than themselves, which is what MMOs are all about.

Speeez is the most likable streamer I’ve ever seen. He could murder my family and I’d still want to buy him a beer the next day.

Faso on mag and joshlenoir on Stam are amazing players and amazing PvPers and I watch them to learn more about the game and to improve.

Moontan has the best music by far and is a top tier open world PvPer.

Iralia doesn’t stream but his youtube videos are the pinnacle of small scale and medium scale gameplay in ESO.

TheShockcable is extremely entertaining. His rap beats are the cream of the crop of twitch clips imo.

De_longest has an amazing but subtle sense of humor that I think is lost on most people but that I think is very similar to my own. He’s also a streamer I’d watch play other games.

Krotha is the most charismatic streamer imo. This dude deserves his own radio talk show.

Sekaar wins the “streamer that would be fun to hang out and play video games with” award. I feel like I’m back in college hanging out with the bros when I watch his stream.

I don’t watch PvE streamers.

KristopherESO is someone I have mixed feelings about. I love the dude and I think he’s an amazing player. But I think he’s too similar to me in that he gets frustrated easily by lag, but where I will just complain immediately, Kristopher bottles it up and keeps trying to be positive. Makes me feel weird because I know that when I’m in the same situation I’d be miserable. Then eventually kris explodes with an epic rant that tbh makes the stream one of the best in the game.
    Edited by Thogard on September 9, 2019 10:39PM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• StrandedMonkey
    StrandedMonkey
    ✭✭✭✭
    enzoisadog wrote: »
    Fengrush is literally the best player AND streamer ESO ever had. Hes such a beast stam sorc, in fact, the best stam sorc in the game. Hes always fighting outnumbered which makes him the best. I love to run with his group and kill all the other ZERGLINGS I see.

Bring in the biceps.
    Anotha one.

564668842345889794.png?v=1

man enzo your fury + pelinals build is really good in pvp i hope you enjoy fighting fengrush in ur pvp campaign quest for empire
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nefas
    Liko
    T3hasiangod
  • iamkeebler
    iamkeebler
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oooo I have a few (and thanks to this thread potentially a few more 😍)
    * kevenduit for the humor
    * @Dottzgaming for the build guides
    * @Alcast for the build/dungeon/trial guides
    * Gibbs and Cash of the Loreseekers podcast for their lorelessons and overview of upcoming things (and their ongoing lore stories)
    * nefasqs for the detailed healer videos
    * Mapurr also for the healer vids
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dottz when I want to learn.

Tea The Khajiit and Dawnwhisper when I want to relax.
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    El Lobo
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Literally anyone who is a decent human being, so excluding everyone’s favorite pvp streamer. Come at me, bruhs.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't watch much but Liko and Sparrow (https://www.youtube.com/user/ziDrAGzZ/videos) are my two favourites for PvE.
  • Mariusghost84
    Mariusghost84
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This so much. I think I got lucky in that I'm part of a great guild with great people so I can have fun while raiding, but when I log on to ESO, it's almost always either to raid, to stream, or to do videos.

By the way, i did NOT mean at all to insult you in my original post (about the lack of enthusiasm). If i were to make youtube vids i would sound exactly the same :P You are sitting on a lot of knowledge and your vids are helping people a lot to.Have a great day.
    Edited by [Deleted User] on September 13, 2019 9:09PM
  • Heelie
    Heelie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liko is by far the best content creator

also he is cute.

I would stand 3 hours draining a dummy for him... no ***
    Most OwOrated healer of all time
  • Kosbert
    Kosbert
    ✭✭
    Tbh, I am not a big fan of "Content Creators" for games these days. In the early days their goal was to entertain and have fun. But that is a general problem with Twitch or Youtube. When these sites start getting their main income they will turn their content into that direction. Not the community, not the content is their main goal, it will be their income.

I want back to the days when we had funny cat videos on Youtube!
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was watching mostly only Gilliam vids when just started into the game and some random people from "high end" guilds posting things about their own builds (will it ever be the thing again? lol) and overall class / content mechanics stuff.

Now I watch tube/witch only for entertainment reasons so it's nefas for the memes, lika for asmr and feng for the biceps. Also occasionally stumble upon peeps like moontan, kala, supernatural, bislobo, karma, stiles and terminal, lots of great people to mention here to be honest.

Want to mention the ones that helped community as a whole like alcast and now asian too, as they made lots of lives simpler even for those who dislike as everyone pug once in a while and recruit people studying their builds for progression stuff etc.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Hiruda wrote: »
    Im cringing so bad each time i see "Alcast"

Why? He runs a continually updated website with comprehensive content and build guides. While “internet builds” are subject to derision by theory crafters and people who already have end game experience, there’s a percentage of the player base that only plays occasionally or casually and just wants to be told what to do and wear. And new players coming to the game want easy to follow guides. Alcast and his partners cater to that part of the gaming community. And frankly we all benefit from there being a place that new players can go for information.

Alcast's DD builds are meta. He's a member of the most successful raiding guild in the game. Anyone who is using something radically different isn't min-maxing properly. Your "original" build is suboptimal. You don't get any points for using off-meta builds that you "didn't copy". If you're familiar with the game, you don't need to read a guide to get to the same conclusion as the content creators. You can easily arrive there yourself, usually by just reading patch notes and doing some light math/testing.

I always find it comical when I see Alcast/content creator haters share their "unique" builds. It'll be something like Lich + Rattlecage + Kena + Masters ice staff, and they'll rave about how it works better for them than a "copy paste" build. Great, enjoy your 18k DPS but stop downvoting every video/post these guys make.

His other guides are also top notch (dungeons, trials, vMA, weaving, etc.). He outputs a ton of quality content.

At the end of the day, people just hate on him because they're salty they aren't as successful as him, both in terms of in-game accomplishments and Youtube subs.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on September 10, 2019 7:20AM
  • lpw
    lpw
    ✭✭✭
    As far as YouTube goes I'd have to say KristopherESO, his builds and videos are great.

I tend to spend more time on Twitch though, I guess you could call that content? A few great streamers:

bislobo
    diplo
    rubensky
    fengrush
    ///// AD Master Race Since 2014 /////

Sindri al'Atreyu | Wood Elf Templar
    Eivii | Wood Elf Nightblade
    Saurmia | High Elf Magicka Templar

PC/EU - Beta Tester
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In all of ESO history Kris, Sypher, Kodi, Pelican, Sribes, lemur, Moro, Shimmer, Lefty Lucy, Akinos, Irylia, Curie, Blob, MovingTarget, DragooX, etc etc. Too many to list really.

<3 And I thought I was totally forgotten.
    I actually watch Alcast. But not much for eso. Only watch streams. We used to play together alot. And for the most part, I prefer to watch people I know.
    Hope this doesn't fill anyone's cringe compilation 😅
    Edited by xMovingTarget on September 10, 2019 7:34AM
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Deltia before he went sober.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I try to watch everyone and I wouldn't say I have any particular favorite streamer/YouTuber for ESO as I enjoy most of the content people put out. Speeez was especially entertaining. I also learned from Dottz recently that Hiding Polymorph Helmet fixes the weapon glitch :p

All I can say is a lot of people especially Wampire Lord @Alcast deserve a lot of respect just for the sheer amount of work they've produced.

I have a couple friends who create content/stream in other games (~50-100k sub counts) and it's hell. They rarely have time to actually play the games because recording/editing/writing on a set schedule takes up so much time. Unless you have enough subs to live off of your videos, you don't have much free time between work and content creation to actually enjoy the games.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on September 10, 2019 7:36AM
  • old_scopie1945
    old_scopie1945
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dottz Gaming
  • Bunny_guar
    Bunny_guar
    ✭✭
    Kevduit
    IsTh3reno1else
    Pelican ESO
    Kristofer ESO
    KodiPvP
    Azura's blessings upon you, Traveler.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MissBizz She’s also my guild leader, makes very good beginners videos as well and streams
    @Gilliamtherogue before he was hired by Zos
    The good people from UESP.com
    @Elara_Northwind has very good housing and cooking videos
    The good people from eso-fashion.com

#FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom