The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

so, do you hate imperial city yet?

• D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    IC was fine tonight. It's refreshing to see other players in there like when it released.
  • old_scopie1945
    old_scopie1945
    ✭✭✭✭
    I loathe IC.
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You lost me with the “yet”

• Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    39xh4p.jpg
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never been a fan of the dull environment, but during an event it's just taking all the zergs of Cyrodiil and stuffing them into a hallway.
    Edited by Sandman929 on September 7, 2019 12:31PM
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    Never been a fan of the dull environment, but during an event it's just taking all the zergs of Cyrodiil and stuffing them into a hallway.

Precisely. Which makes me question the point of the event itself. Trying to make up for midyear mayhem and give the PvP crowdf some easy alliance farming means ? That could be. Trying to make us PvE folks like PvP ? If so it fails miserably. A commercial strategy to make us buy tickets and skip the event entirely ? Would that even work ?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uryel wrote: »
    Sandman929 wrote: »

Precisely. Which makes me question the point of the event itself. Trying to make up for midyear mayhem and give the PvP crowdf some easy alliance farming means ? That could be. Trying to make us PvE folks like PvP ? If so it fails miserably. A commercial strategy to make us buy tickets and skip the event entirely ? Would that even work ?

The point? Like all events, its a transparent marketing stunt for one or more aspects of the game, in this case, the entire Imperial City DLC.

A. There's been an Imperial City event for the last couple years, so no its not a replacement or a sop to PVP. Its along the same lines as the other DLC Orsinium Event and TG/DB event. Unless you think those are catering to vMA fanatics and thieves and murderers...

Its a marketing stunt. Put the tinfoil away.

B. In all their events ZOS does like to encourage players to at least try all types of content. But you are right. It fails miserably at forcing players into PvPvE because you can avoid all PVP by running the two IC DLC dungeons.

Its almost like ZOS is running a marketing stunt for the whole Imperial City DLC, which includes PVE only dungeons and a PvPvE zone. Huh. Who'da thunk it?

C. If you won't run the event and you want tickets, yep, you'll have to wait for the next event or buy them.
    If you won't do PvPvE in Imperial City OR you won't run either of the DLC's group dungeons, you are SOL.

Just like every other event, you know?
    Don't want to steal and murder? You are SOL during TG/DB.
    Hate dungeons? You are SOL during the Undaunted event.
    And so on.
    ZOS doesnt care. If you don't wanna participate in the marketing stunt, that's your choice to opt out of the rewards. You want rewards, you gotta dance to Marketing's tune.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DrSweetazz wrote: »
    IC was my favorite dlc release and gave me some of my favorite gaming memories with friends stalking people in the sewers. Having it as populated as it is makes it feel a lot like it did back when it launched.

It's not for everyone, I get it. But if you prepare and accept that you're gonna get killed (including myself in this), you'll have a fun time. IC is where I cut my teeth on 1vX Gameplay.

Being killed even 10x killing could even be interesting. Not coming close to that now.

This is a major flaw with most MMO PvP systems. Almost impossible to get good unless you are already good with the basic twitch skills.
    Not a flaw of ESO, though, because there is duelling. Anyone who wants to learn PvP, I recommend you start with that. To make it fun, duel friends and other players at your own level. A really good player will kill you within seconds. It's hard to learn anything from that, unless they give you feedback. Pick the right people and you can adjust the learning curve.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have had IC since launch but have only gone in a few times. I have been doing the closest boss to DC for tickets and was happy this morning that I was a tank. There was a non-DC player 1vXing people waiting for boss. Eventually I was the only one left, but one player isn't going to take down my PvE tank. I just stalled things until the dead people made their way back. Eventually the guy came back with a friend and the boss spawned. I think they died, but I didn't care. I just wanted my 2 tickets.

If I hadn't been a tank, I'm sure I would have found that all quite annoying.

I do find it fun to run around with guild members farming TV. I never solo though. I'm really not into PvP, though playing with a group makes it a fun social activity.

I have no problem with gankers. It doesn't take much coordination to not die to a solo ganker. If it is a group of gankers, that is to be expected in a PvP zone.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This DLC is for gankers and griefers

As an Elder Scrolls fan who loved TES4 Oblivion, I feel the IC is a wasted opportunity in terms of player experience (lore, quests, landmarks, NPCs, guilds, shops and so on). The PvP part of IC is of least quality compared to Cyrodiil or BGs. For me even chaosball is more fun than watching for gankers in the IC. The event only amplifies all its flaws 10x and make it even more enjoyable for gankers.

One more thing to support what I said - why do you think they are giving it for free?!!
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Keledus
    Keledus
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty enjoyable aslong as you stick with your alliance going in solo not so much.
    PC - EU
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kind_hero wrote: »

As an Elder Scrolls fan who loved TES4 Oblivion, I feel the IC is a wasted opportunity in terms of player experience (lore, quests, landmarks, NPCs, guilds, shops and so on). The PvP part of IC is of least quality compared to Cyrodiil or BGs. For me even chaosball is more fun than watching for gankers in the IC. The event only amplifies all its flaws 10x and make it even more enjoyable for gankers.

One more thing to support what I said - why do you think they are giving it for free?!!
    Honestly this- and then PvPers cry that cyro needs more of a population.
    Well gee I wonder why some PvPers scream about people not liking it and telling them to gtfo or stay out, then wonder why it’s dead the rest of the year 🤣
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    IC is my favorite zone when the event is going on. Enemy players add excitement to the place. I know that PvP is not everyone's cup of tea, and that is okay, but thank you to those who are joining in and thank you to the company for having events in PvP areas.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are their even solo dungeons in IC? I visited both yesterday but both were group.
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great event, tons of fun.
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly? Been having lots of fun there; I like seeing more people around.

Sometimes it can be frustrating but no different than having to run forever in Cyrodiil after dying or having to give up on a dungeon on the last boss after getting it to 10% over and over again. The losses make the victories sweeter.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS doesnt care. If you don't wanna participate in the marketing stunt, that's your choice to opt out of the rewards. You want rewards, you gotta dance to Marketing's tune.

tenor.gif?itemid=6161302
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They're giving it out for free because it is their oldest dlc and it's called marketing.

I dont think you've ever played IC though, the lore in there is great and the pvp is a ton more fun, much less open then Cyrodiil and less restrictions then a big.

It's almost like the dlc is built for people willing to improve at the game and cater to more than just one side of MMOs.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    for all you that just got it free and got to experience it first hand how did you like it?

gankers, hunter kill BG groups chasing down solo pve players, raids hiding in stealth waiting to jump groups.

how long before you raged.

how long before you said "F this" and left IC

if your wondering, it has never been good, this is as good as it gets, it will never be enjoyable, other pvp modes are far more fun so I recommend joining in on BG's or cyro, IC is trash, end.

lol I can relate to saying "F this" and leaving IC.

But yeah, I agree. It might be fun for gankers and people who run around in zergs slaughtering smaller numbers of players (who seem to enjoy that sort of thing for some reason) but everyone else is likely going to suffer. I consider it trash too. Which is a shame really, cause the zone actually has some decent PvE in it and looks quite cool up in the city.

I prefer Battlegrounds and even Cyrodil over the Imperial City as well.
    Edited by Jeremy on September 7, 2019 6:55PM
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    IC is kind of intense right now.. I am carrying 13,000 stones and I just seen a zerg of EP... ugh

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »
    for all you that just got it free and got to experience it first hand how did you like it?

gankers, hunter kill BG groups chasing down solo pve players, raids hiding in stealth waiting to jump groups.

if your wondering, it has never been good, this is as good as it gets, it will never be enjoyable, other pvp modes are far more fun so I recommend joining in on BG's or cyro, IC is trash, end.

lol I can relate to saying "F this" and leaving IC.

But yeah, I agree. It might be fun for gankers and people who run around in zergs slaughtering smaller numbers of players (who seem to enjoy that sort of thing for some reason) but everyone else is likely going to suffer. I consider it trash too. Which is a shame really, cause the zone actually has some decent PvE in it and looks quite cool up in the city.

I prefer Battlegrounds and even Cyrodil over the Imperial City as well.
    The zone does look like it has potential, but unfortunately the bad apples leave a bad taste in some people’s mouths...
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    omg! I turned the corner and 20 EP were coming at me.

-- cloak
    -cloak
    -breath
    -mag potion
    -cloak
    -don't move
    -cloak

Then a freaking nightblade marked me... run run run dodge roll... where is the freaking stairs?!!! Run run run dodge roll!!! cloak cloak run run run..

My heart is about to explode but I got away with my 14k stones :)

Hides for a while

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am also curious as to why ZOS is giving away the IC DLC. Has ZOS ever given away a DLC before?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jim_1 wrote: »

I am also curious as to why ZOS is giving away the IC DLC. Has ZOS ever given away a DLC before?

Murkmire was a daily login reward not long after it released.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you go there all the time it’s fun. If you only go during events of course it sucks.
  • linoge63
    linoge63
    ✭✭✭
    I used to just go there for the food :)

Used to be many food barrels there--not now for some reason...things change I guess
  • TexGod
    TexGod
    ✭✭✭

you're so mad bro LOL
    @S_oviet
    GM of Cutest Boys
    PC/NA
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »

-- cloak
    -cloak
    -breath
    -mag potion
    -cloak
    -don't move
    -cloak

Then a freaking nightblade marked me... run run run dodge roll... where is the freaking stairs?!!! Run run run dodge roll!!! cloak cloak run run run..

Hides for a while

For real, I love moments like that.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »
    vamp_emily wrote: »

-- cloak
    -cloak
    -breath
    -mag potion
    -cloak
    -don't move
    -cloak

Hides for a while

For real, I love moments like that.

Unfortunately those moments are reserved for Night Blades though - who can invisible at will.

For other classes, trying to escape a Zerg in Imperial City is probably not going to end well for them.
    Edited by Jeremy on September 7, 2019 11:01PM
  • madman65
    madman65
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everybody wants to go into IC but when you get mobbed it tends to discourage the players. The biggest problem is that you cannot reach areas to work on achieving goals or collecting rare items. Therefor the mobs will hoard the areas and progress further. Personally myself, ESO could make an alternate area for solo players. If ESO wants to keep gamers then in all reality, they need to accommodate those gamers.
This discussion has been closed.