Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Buff stamblade

Deathlord92
Deathlord92
✭✭✭✭✭
Can ambush please get a strong dot like lotus has and either give us back major fracture on surprise attack or buff our tooltip. Nb has just felt incredibly clunky to me since cast times to ultimate was added.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I forgot to add please replace this horrible silence on incap with an actual stun it was a horrible change.
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Completely agree with the above. Incap is actually garbage at the moment and you’d be doing yourself a favour by running DBoS or Onslaught instead. They need to remove the silence and add the stun back in or add defile back in and rename the ability because it doesn’t even incapacitate your enemy anymore... also the cast time needs to be removed from all the ULTs they added it to not just Incap.
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No disrespect, I don't understand how you can think SA is weak by any stretch, but you can always slot Dizzying Swing.

Incap/Bow/SA is my usual finisher for most classes. If you can't finish using these you need another DoT or to up your WD.
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lokey0024 wrote: »
    No disrespect, I don't understand how you can think SA is weak by any stretch, but you can always slot Dizzying Swing.

Incap/Bow/SA is my usual finisher for most classes. If you can't finish using these you need another DoT or to up your WD.

It's a shell if it self tbh. Major fracture should be never been removed from it. DK's have a spammable AoE that applies it and wardens have a big AoE that does the same. Yet they took it from a single target skill. Lol

And incap is a nerfed single target, melee range, cast time ult........ Nonsensical.

Nightblades need some improvements.
    Edited by Royalthought on September 1, 2019 2:50PM
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vlad9425 wrote: »
    Completely agree with the above. Incap is actually garbage at the moment and you’d be doing yourself a favour by running DBoS or Onslaught instead. They need to remove the silence and add the stun back in or add defile back in and rename the ability because it doesn’t even incapacitate your enemy anymore... also the cast time needs to be removed from all the ULTs they added it to not just Incap.
    Completely agree.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a shell if it self tbh. Major fracture should be never been removed from it. DK's have a spammable AoE that applies it and wardens have a big AoE that does the same. Yet they took it from a single target skill. Lol

And incap is a nerfed single target, melee range, cast time ult........ Nonsensical.

Yup completely agree I even left feedback in game I hope lot players that like nb do the same thing.
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's very underwhelming now for a Spammable ability. The armor debuff they gave it now may as well not exist because it's too weak. The fracture that it used to have before actually gave NBs a good tool to use against tanky builds but now it is a very generic ability.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Play stamblade solo or 1v1 good players then you will feel it. It’s under whelming and our burst is easily dodged.
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You have Mark. A no cost, from stealth debuff to add to the already nuke opener combo.

SA already buffs your max health, gives you both major resist buffs, ignores armor from rear, and can be weaved easy for Bow.

Wrobel had this class so overpowered that people think ez mode is hard
    Edited by Lokey0024 on September 1, 2019 3:38PM
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A buff nightblade thread?

aBjJx7c.jpg
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You have Mark. A no cost, from stealth debuff to add to the already nuke opener combo.

SA already buffs your max health, gives you both major resist buffs, ignores armor from rear, and can be weaved easy for Bow.

Mark is awful ability. It's a nice way to tell an enemy to prepare to block. You mention no cost yet ignore zero damage on a gcd to single target.
    In a team fight, good luck marking that 1 guy.

Secondly nightblades have the shortest duration of major resistance in the game. Funny how you imply it as a bonus. Any time a nightblade is on defense, i.e. getting chased by zergs, that buff from S.A. is unavailable.

Overpowered? Nightblades had sap tanks killed, magblade damage while healing destroyed and AoE was always a weak spot.

Literally the only thing nightblades had going was single target damage and these last few patches removed them from excelling there. That's in addition to other classes that were top tanks, healers, group support, etc. being buffed in single target.

The ez mode you speak of must be when nightblades face you. They are in need of improvements.
    Edited by Royalthought on September 1, 2019 4:01PM
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    Buff Nightblade. Buff Sorcerer. Save the world.
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mark is awful ability. It's a nice way to tell an enemy to prepare to block. You mention no cost yet ignore zero damage on a gcd to single target.

Secondly nightblades have the shortest duration of major resistance in the game. Funny how you imply it as a bonus. Any time a nightblade is on defense, i.e. getting chased by zergs, that buff from S.A. is unavailable.

Overpowered? Nightblades had sap tanks killed, magblade damage while healing destroyed and AoE was always a weak spot.

Literally the only thing nightblades had going was single target damage and these last few patches removed them from excelling there. That's in addition to other classes that were top tanks, healers, group support, etc. being buffed in single target.

The ez mode you speak of must be when nightblades face you. They are in need of improvements.

Cloak applies it as well. Nice try tho. And warden sub/dizzy/DBoS is probably the only Stam rival for most burst.
    Edited by Lokey0024 on September 1, 2019 4:06PM
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cloak applies it as well. Nice try tho.

Applies what? If youre referring to major resistance buffs its the same short duration.
    Edited by Royalthought on September 1, 2019 4:08PM
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cloak applies it as well. Nice try tho.

Applies what? If youre referring to major resistance buffs its the same short duration.

Wrobel patch notes:

Death Stroke- 70 Ult- Player gets hit, dies...thats it.

Incapacitating Strike (Stam Morph)- 80 Ult- Players attempting to respawn now are kicked to desktop.
    We thought that the extra 10 Ult, or half a potion use, should add a more dramatic effect to the ability.

Soul Harvest (Magika Morph)- 60 Ult- You consume no Ult if the enemy player dies.
    Being that the dramatic effect is lacking from this ability, except the sound of vacuum as people flee the game, and difficulty of chugging potions in a corner like a Skooma addict, we felt it justified to lower the Ult requirement and reward skilled 2 button pressing.
    Edited by Lokey0024 on September 1, 2019 5:04PM
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vlad9425 wrote: »

It's very underwhelming now for a Spammable ability. The armor debuff they gave it now may as well not exist because it's too weak. The fracture that it used to have before actually gave NBs a good tool to use against tanky builds but now it is a very generic ability.
    Yup exactly when u fight a good tanky dk for example it’s a never ending fight and don’t even get me started on Templar’s 😑
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mark come on even you must know the marked player will just hold block and against a templar mark will be cleansed immediately. If I was to use mark I’d have to replace a skill while dks warden have major fracture in there important skill set up.
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surprise Attack is weaker than Dizzying Swing.
    Or Dizzying Swing is too strong.
    I feel that Surprise Attack is not needed recently in PvP.
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overall it's been forced (nerfed) into mediocrity. Every class I play has a built in way to completely counter nightblades. Hurricane/curse, RoR/jabs, engulfing/spikes, etc.

Nightblades have so many disadvantages class vs class. Although they were my first and most fun class, I legit cringe when they're on my team in BG's.

It's not that I expect the players to be bad. But the kit is lacking. AoE team fights make cloak useless. And if it's an objective to carry their two main defenses cloak and shade are disabled.

So other than heal cloak brawler builds they sit back and look for weak targets leaving the team to 2-3 vs 4. Other than running away ("disengaging") they excell at nothing. Lol
    Edited by Royalthought on September 1, 2019 6:35PM
  • Cerotonin
    Cerotonin
    ✭✭✭
    Surprise Attack is faster than Dizzying Swing. I also don’t miss with Surprise Attack as much in comparison.

People really think NightBlades are OP, but they’re honestly the most difficult class to pull off skill-wise. You’ll die a lot more if you don’t get the hang of it.

Templars have it so easy right now. You just need a proper set to play as one and your rotation is simple.

Meanwhile, people also want NightBlades to have a cloak fatigue because they just want to WIN against NightBlades for once.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overall it's been forced (nerfed) into mediocrity. Every class I play has a built in way to completely counter nightblades. Hurricane/curse, RoR/jabs, engulfing/spikes, etc.

Nightblades have so many disadvantages class vs class. Although they were my first and most fun class, I legit cringe when they're on my team in BG's.

It's not that I expect the players to be bad. But the kit is lacking. AoE team fights make cloak useless. And if it's an objective to carry their two main defenses cloak and shade are disabled.

So other than heal cloak brawler builds they sit back and look for weak targets leaving the team to 2-3 vs 4. Other than running away ("disengaging") they excell at nothing. Lol

Nightblade lacks in group play because their solo kit is so strong. Just because a class can counter cloak doesn’t mean that they counter a nightblade. Nightblades still excel at single target burst damage along with sorcerer. You also have plenty of ways to survive without relying on cloak, shade dodge roll and healing are all viable. dark cloak is really strong on stamblade also. The problem is too many Nightblades put all their eggs in one batch and expects for cloak to always save them. Stamblades in particular are notorious for this.

With this being said you aren’t going to kill a stam dk on a stamblade but no one is going to kill a stam dk 1v1 that’s just how the class is right now. Stamblades are also bad in battlegrounds because they aren’t designed with group support in mind, but nothing comes close to stamblade for playing solo in Cyrodiil in terms of quality of life and being effective.
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nightblade lacks in group play because their solo kit is so strong. Just because a class can counter cloak doesn’t mean that they counter a nightblade. Nightblades still excel at single target burst damage along with sorcerer. You also have plenty of ways to survive without relying on cloak, shade dodge roll and healing are all viable. dark cloak is really strong on stamblade also. The problem is too many Nightblades put all their eggs in one batch and expects for cloak to always save them. Stamblades in particular are notorious for this.

With this being said you aren’t going to kill a stam dk on a stamblade but no one is going to kill a stam dk 1v1 that’s just how the class is right now. Stamblades are also bad in battlegrounds because they aren’t designed with group support in mind, but nothing comes close to stamblade for playing solo in Cyrodiil in terms of quality of life and being effective.

This exactly
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As someone who only plays nb I have to disagree with you especially when I see how much damage templar for example can kick out with much better healing stam dk stam warden has better excess to major fracture then nb to. I’m not asking for nb to be godlike just a slight buff.
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is terribly false. Classes that excel in group fights don't lack single target lethality because they're great in groups. Lol

They're great in Both!
    (outside of V.D. btw)

The reverse is also false. To attempt to justify being bad at group fights and BG'S because of being ok at single target is the reason the class is in such a bad spot now.

And again, cloak, shade and dodgeroll all have to do with "disengagement."

The point still stands they excell at nothing outside of that.

I literally said:

"So other than heal cloak brawler builds they sit back and look for weak targets leaving the team to 2-3 vs 4. Other than running away ("disengaging") they excell at nothing."

(admittedly I could've said dark cloak)

And you disagreed BUT when on to say:

"You also have plenty of ways to survive without relying on cloak, shade dodge roll and healing are all viable. dark cloak is really strong on stamblade also. The problem is too many Nightblades put all their eggs in one batch and expects for cloak to always save them. Stamblades in particular are notorious for this."

You're repeating what I've stated. Cloak is heavily countered. You can brawl with dark cloak. But other classes do that far better.

This is why nightblades are low tier in BG's and group fights. It puts the spotlight on the class and it's ability to win a fight.

Running away and hiding in open world can be done with undo and invis pots on any class. Let's stop using that as an excuse to keep the class in its lackluster state.
    Edited by Royalthought on September 1, 2019 8:30PM
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As someone who only plays nb I have to disagree with you especially when I see how much damage templar for example can kick out with much better healing stam dk stam warden has better excess to major fracture then nb to. I’m not asking for nb to be godlike just a slight buff.

I pretty much only play nightblade too but I play the magicka version. The thing is Templar can’t put out as much damage as a nightblade. Just last night I got hit with a 13k bow proc from a stamblade. Templar is hitting hard but it’s more constant damage where nightblade is more burst damage. I think stamblade is in a good spot and they should leave it alone and work on toning down stam dk and magplar. Stamblade can’t really get a damage buff it still hits insanely hard it doesn’t really need more damage. They aren’t really going to come out of stealth and gank you but if you build up your relentless procs they still have a ton of damage. They are still better than 80% of the classes as well.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is terribly false. Classes that excel in group fights don't lack single target lethality because they're great in groups. Lol

They're great in Both!
    (outside of V.D. btw)

The reverse is also false. To attempt to justify being bad at group fights and BG'S because of being ok at single target is the reason the class is in such a bad spot now.

I literally said:

"So other than heal cloak brawler builds they sit back and look for weak targets leaving the team to 2-3 vs 4. Other than running away ("disengaging") they excell at nothing."

"You also have plenty of ways to survive without relying on cloak, shade dodge roll and healing are all viable. dark cloak is really strong on stamblade also. The problem is too many Nightblades put all their eggs in one batch and expects for cloak to always save them. Stamblades in particular are notorious for this."

You're repeating what I've stated. Cloak is heavily countered. You can brawl with dark cloak. But other classes do that far better.

This is why nightblades are low tier in BG's and group fights. It puts the spotlight on the class and it's ability to win a fight.

Running away and hiding in open world can be done with undo and invis pots on any class. Let's stop using that as an excuse to keep the class in its lackluster state.
    Exactly this completely agree m8.
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's balanced now. No more cheeseblade, procblade, bowtards, and permacloaks.

Edit: I forgot permadodgers.
    Edited by gepe87 on September 1, 2019 9:09PM
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They're great in Both!
    (outside of V.D. btw)

I literally said:

The classes that shine in group play do lack the single target lethality of a nightblade though you aren’t going to burst me down with a magplar or magdk but with a nightblade there is always that chance of them hitting you with a bow and you losing 70% of your health. I agree that nightblades are bad for organized groups but they excel at solo play. I for one think stamblade in particular is in a great spot you can’t be the number 1 solo class in the game and be in a bad spot. The mobility and burst of stamblades puts them in a position where classes just can’t be anywhere near as effective for solo pvp.

Running away is the way solo pvp is done you aren’t going to stand in a open field tanking through the damage of 7 or 8 players so stamblades ability to be evasive and pick when and how to engage is a huge benefit. Other classes have to take every fight how they come and in open world a lot of times that means the fight is over before it really even got started. With all this being said of course a class with defense designed on running away and being elusive is going to struggle if you try to stand your ground and fight for objectives when that isn’t what the class was designed to do. Instead of getting classes changed we should find a class that is good for the pvp we enjoy.
  • GlorphNoldorin
    GlorphNoldorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you are complaining that probably the most op class for the longest time is not still able to kill anything at any time? Then others complain that Magplar that has had it's odd good times and then mostly been in the doldrums is now too op?

Why dont you sit back and see how other classes have had to deal with not being OP, one dimensional or just plain average or why dont you try picking your fights, use cloak or whatever
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They're great in Both!
    (outside of V.D. btw)

I literally said:

The classes that shine in group play do lack the single target lethality of a nightblade though you aren’t going to burst me down with a magplar or magdk but with a nightblade there is always that chance of them hitting you with a bow and you losing 70% of your health. I agree that nightblades are bad for organized groups but they excel at solo play. I for one think stamblade in particular is in a great spot you can’t be the number 1 solo class in the game and be in a bad spot. The mobility and burst of stamblades puts them in a position where classes just can’t be anywhere near as effective for solo pvp.

Running away is the way solo pvp is done you aren’t going to stand in a open field tanking through the damage of 7 or 8 players so stamblades ability to be evasive and pick when and how to engage is a huge benefit. Other classes have to take every fight how they come and in open world a lot of times that means the fight is over before it really even got started. With all this being said of course a class with defense designed on running away and being elusive is going to struggle if you try to stand your ground and fight for objectives when that isn’t what the class was designed to do. Instead of getting classes changed we should find a class that is good for the pvp we enjoy.

That's where we have to kindly disagree. Nightblades are not the #1 solo class. It's simply all they have left.

Any class can use invis pots, undo, turn evil and still have access to their entire kit. They do not have to take every fight. Thats myth. They just have less need to leave fights.

Potl, molten whip, sub, curse/wrath/frag, colossus, etc. Other classes actually do have high burst potential. They just have less need for all in builds. Nightblades are the most built into hit and run because they offer little else. It's way easier to be high damage high resistance on the other classes.

If you say nightblades are the best at being elusive? Fine. Let's agree. But with the ability to go invis yet do everything else on other classes no way nightblades are #1 solo because of hiding.