The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Do you like Cast times?

• Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    animation-clipped-Dawnbreaker with bash- added in mass lagg and high ping = instadeath
    its very old and lame and people actually think that means they are skilled by doing setups "like" that.

It was.

Also, cast times is slowly removing the skill floor of the game, eventually you'll just go to wow with how long cast times will become. You let them get away with it now and soon all skills will have it for "animation" purposes. Necro is already bad in pvp because of their animation.
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling
  • KurtAngle2
    KurtAngle2
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adding cast times to the ultimates not only destroyed the pace of the game in relation to the skill (it's fast paced if you haven't understood) but it's conceptually so stupid that half of them have became unusable.

Revert this B()LLSH!T asap, makes no sense and makes the game worse off every aspect
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Do we even have a voice?
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • Benemime
    Benemime
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    no, cast time should be avoided at all costs, even with a nerf. Cast times are boring, descrease the fun in gameplay
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I tried using onslaught; In lag I had a 20% chance of it to work, in not lag it had a 40% chance to work; that's not fun; I quit using it because it was too volatile and not worth the -maybe-.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Darsaga wrote: »
    It just recently came to my attention that the new lead guy was part of an older game that’s combat system is out dated and boring. After learning that a lot of these changes started to make sense, but not in a good way.

ESO combat is what has kept it alive this long with the constant degrading performance over the last 2.5 years. If you start stripping away what made this game great your shooting yourself in the foot.

We don’t want cast times we don’t want cool downs, there are plenty of other MMOs that offer this play style. For the love of everything swallow your pride and dont force a dated games combat system into ESO.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_RichLambert

Amen. The game's already suffering from server and performance issues, long-standing bugs and broken systems. If this is literally the path they're choosing to put ESO down, then this game is done for. People are already leaving in droves because of the the former. Do this, and more will leave due to the latter.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    IMO cast time should go. Cast times don't fit TES theme at all.

Instead of cast times. Regulate the skills and ultimates. By reducing or increasing their cost based on their power. That is what I believe. However cast times are horrible for a Elder Scroll title and just don't fit.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Play with values but don’t nerf abilities with cast times. It’s not fun.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Cast times can be cool if implemented correctly. Just slapping on cast times on ults as a way to "balance" it isn't though! Especially for a fast paced game like this.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disliked the idea of cast times on certain offensive ults, but once it went live I found that potatoes still going to die. I get why they added them, but they should have added it to ALL offensive ults and not just some. I prefer to be able to AC my ults, but again it hasn’t changed my gameplay that much.