The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Khajiit Crit bonus compared to shadow

• Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm okay with either solution, either way a buff is needed for khajiit to be better than underperforming as it is now; hopefully ZOS will heed our math and analyses
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OG_Kaveman wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    It’s easy to see its underpowered. The Khajit racial is less than the shadow mundus, Altmer is more than the apprentice mundus.

It’s doesnt take a rocket scientist to see either mundus stones or Khajit is out of whack.

racials are 2x a single set bonus, generally (cries in argonian 6% healing done). so 129x2=258 altmer spell damage. now we dont have a set bonus for crit hit damage. the closest is now senches bit, with gives 12% on roll dodge. mathing that out, going by what ZoS has stated that a 5 piece is 2.31x of a single set bonus, let's take that 12% and divide by that, 12/2.31 is 5.19%. so a single set bonus for crit hit damage would prolly be 5%. though you get that from archers mind on the 5 piece, with a conditional 10% more, up to 15%.

but lets say a single set is 5%. that would make the khajit 10% bonus right in line with the altmers. 2x a set bonus.

But that's a theoretical percent

that it is. and one i don't agree with, i agree with you, khajiit need a buff. so does senches bite. so does archers mind.

if i had my way, i would start with the 13% of the shadow. then since we know that a mundas is 1.85 a set bonus. that would make a set bonus 7%. going from that, you would get 14% for the khajiit bonus. like you are asking for. this would also make senches bite a 16% bonus. archers mind would be 7% then an extra 13% from stealth.

I would be ok with that plan. Although really the Shadow should be 11%. Well IMO it should technically be 11.9% so that each piece of divines has an impact after it gets rounded down to an integer (so 11% + number of divines pieces, up to max 18% or 19% with a shield). This would make a standard set bonus 6% crit dmg (very close to a standard 3.8% crit chance bonus from a DPS perspective), and Khajiit should end up with 12% crit damage. This alone would not bring Khajiit in line with other races, so their tri-resource passive should be changed to 1k of each (possibly 1.1k health), and the tri-regen passive should be about 129-150 of each (resulting in sustain directly between Orc/Altmer/Dunmer and Breton/Bosmer/Redguard).

Khajiit was already doing same dps as redguard and bosmer in susmitds tests:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/458985/raid-buffed-dps-test-each-class-each-dd-race-pts-4-3-3/p1

And redguard and bosmer don't have hybrid+healer option for them. So if solution to stamina race disparity is not nerfing orc, but buffing others, then all other stamina non-tank races should be buffed. Nord and Imperial could be slightly rebalanced to do more dps but has less tanking bonuses (distribute some HP into stamina for example).
  • Cerotonin
    Cerotonin
    ✭✭✭
    I’m honestly so glad other people see this as well. People really believe Khajiit are in a nice spot because of critical damage, but that isn’t true at all. Altmer, Orc, and Dunmer outperform Khajiit with critical strikes damage output. Critical Strikes are what should make Khajiit more competitive against the other classes.

The regen on a Khajiit is hardly noticeable because the tri-stat max stats is small in comparison to other races. Sort of like having two prismatic enchantments.

I love Khajiit. I have 4 of them. They’re not the best in slot for anything though.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    It’s easy to see its underpowered. The Khajit racial is less than the shadow mundus, Altmer is more than the apprentice mundus.

It’s doesnt take a rocket scientist to see either mundus stones or Khajit is out of whack.

racials are 2x a single set bonus, generally (cries in argonian 6% healing done). so 129x2=258 altmer spell damage. now we dont have a set bonus for crit hit damage. the closest is now senches bit, with gives 12% on roll dodge. mathing that out, going by what ZoS has stated that a 5 piece is 2.31x of a single set bonus, let's take that 12% and divide by that, 12/2.31 is 5.19%. so a single set bonus for crit hit damage would prolly be 5%. though you get that from archers mind on the 5 piece, with a conditional 10% more, up to 15%.

but lets say a single set is 5%. that would make the khajit 10% bonus right in line with the altmers. 2x a set bonus.

But that's a theoretical percent

that it is. and one i don't agree with, i agree with you, khajiit need a buff. so does senches bite. so does archers mind.

if i had my way, i would start with the 13% of the shadow. then since we know that a mundas is 1.85 a set bonus. that would make a set bonus 7%. going from that, you would get 14% for the khajiit bonus. like you are asking for. this would also make senches bite a 16% bonus. archers mind would be 7% then an extra 13% from stealth.

I would be ok with that plan. Although really the Shadow should be 11%. Well IMO it should technically be 11.9% so that each piece of divines has an impact after it gets rounded down to an integer (so 11% + number of divines pieces, up to max 18% or 19% with a shield). This would make a standard set bonus 6% crit dmg (very close to a standard 3.8% crit chance bonus from a DPS perspective), and Khajiit should end up with 12% crit damage. This alone would not bring Khajiit in line with other races, so their tri-resource passive should be changed to 1k of each (possibly 1.1k health), and the tri-regen passive should be about 129-150 of each (resulting in sustain directly between Orc/Altmer/Dunmer and Breton/Bosmer/Redguard).

Khajiit was already doing same dps as redguard and bosmer in susmitds tests:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/458985/raid-buffed-dps-test-each-class-each-dd-race-pts-4-3-3/p1

In that data, Khajiit seems to be right about halfway between the best damage race and having no racial passives. This definitely demonstrates the problem. I wouldn’t say I’m particularly happy with Bosmer performance either, but don’t want to get too off-topic. IMO Redguard has great stat density, but Stamina DPS (unlike Magicka) don’t really need the sustain, after Master Resto, cheaper skills, Sentinel, etc.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Point is their race balance failed, it's not balanced, you can play any race any role but you can't efficiently or optimized or even good, it just made the meta more narrow.

It's still beyond me why there isn't an abstraction like a tree of the race passives to select.

You want magicka? Here. Next layer is damage.

Now pick a special passive...

People argue lore, well the people of tamriel tend to do whatever they want, regardless they are using over generalizing looking at the population masses not the specific individuals.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.