Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Class Rep] Warden Feedback Thread

• ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fortunately according to Scalebreaker, our DPS in PvE is on par with other classes. Though we still have a lack of class group utility that healers and tanks can't provide.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fortunately according to Scalebreaker, our DPS in PvE is on par with other classes. Though we still have a lack of class group utility that healers and tanks can't provide.

Yeah but the reason we are on par with other classes is because every magicka class are basically using all the same skills.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LeHarrt91 wrote: »

Yeah but the reason we are on par with other classes is because every magicka class are basically using all the same skills.

Hmm i see.
    Then I hope that next patch may be about re-differentiating classes
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Skjaldbjorn
    Skjaldbjorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still waiting for an answer as to why Stamdens needed to get bent over. Went from competing for 2nd behind Necro to solidly 4th behind everyone but Stamplar. No content, no reasoning, no logic. Just a nerf for nerf's sake. Disgusting.
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So we also got a cost increase to swarm and a nerf to Natures Grasp heal.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone on PC play solo/small scale Magden PvP in a CP campaign? Console doesn't get the patch until the end of the month and I wanted to see what PvP Magdens thought of the DoTs & other changes.

1. Curious to know if any Magdens that were running Pirate Skeleton & Protective before the patch are still getting by with those, or what they changed to.

2. Are you using Entropy or Soul Trap, and what skills did you drop for them? I was thinking Entropy for Netch on backbar, because of Major Sorcery, but I don't want to lose the passive or the free cleanse.

3. Is there a noticeable difference to anything else?

Too bad they couldn't give console players access to a PTS server so we could give feedback before hand....we pay the same $$ as PC players...

Thanks for any feedback!
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still waiting for an answer as to why Stamdens needed to get bent over. Went from competing for 2nd behind Necro to solidly 4th behind everyone but Stamplar. No content, no reasoning, no logic. Just a nerf for nerf's sake. Disgusting.

I'd like to know many things about the warden changes. Like for example why did budding seeds get a change noone asked for when arctic blast has been completely horrible for a year. And it's now a priority fix due to the unneeded change to shock clench.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on August 14, 2019 11:19PM
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xWarbrain wrote: »
    Anyone on PC play solo/small scale Magden PvP in a CP campaign? Console doesn't get the patch until the end of the month and I wanted to see what PvP Magdens thought of the DoTs & other changes.

1. Curious to know if any Magdens that were running Pirate Skeleton & Protective before the patch are still getting by with those, or what they changed to.

2. Are you using Entropy or Soul Trap, and what skills did you drop for them? I was thinking Entropy for Netch on backbar, because of Major Sorcery, but I don't want to lose the passive or the free cleanse.

Too bad they couldn't give console players access to a PTS server so we could give feedback before hand....we pay the same $$ as PC players...

Thanks for any feedback!

Im not on PC either but i will help where i can with what i know.

1. Not a lot were running Pirate as out Ulti grant Major Protection as well. There were a lot that used Protective but it did receive a big reduction so its has fallen out of favour.

2. So many player no matter the class are just stacking as many DoTs as they can. And although they both grant Sorcery you will still want both the recovery and purge of Netch is just to good to pass up and the Damage of Entropy is great.

3. We lost a good stun, and Arctic Blast isnt up to scratch yet, some player dont use a stun and just add another DoT like Fetcher Infection which is very good. And you will probably want to add another heal or use Resto Ulti since the DoT meta is extremely potent.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• MinarasLaure
    MinarasLaure
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be honest with you, magden in pvp (and i guess all the magica classes but mgplar) is boring as hell now.
    We all run the same, dots in frontbar, shields in back bar.
    If it wasnt for fetcher infection or shalks, i wouldnt even notice i was playing warden.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be honest with you, magden in pvp (and i guess all the magica classes but mgplar) is boring as hell now.
    We all run the same, dots in frontbar, shields in back bar.
    If it wasnt for fetcher infection or shalks, i wouldnt even notice i was playing warden.

even in pve it looks quite bad. i'd say that not only do the new DoTs need to be scaled back a bit, but i think that our class really does need some unique and interesting skills to really warrant us using them. it's our class, what's the point in having a class if you're not using many class skills?
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on August 15, 2019 12:52PM
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag/Healer Warden is now left without access to realistic full-range CC, which it never really had, but could get via destro staves. Now what? Destructive Reach was one of my primary PvP tools but I would prefer an improved class skill to use for cc instead.

That arctic blast 3sec-stun-target-required-self-heal-over-time Frankenstein is still one of the oddest skills and a horrible place to put a weak class CC skill.

Can we please get this addressed with a viable solution??

Edited by Enkil on August 16, 2019 1:10AM
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enkil wrote: »
    Mag/Healer Warden is now left without access to realistic full-range CC, which it never really had, but could get via destro staves. Now what? Destructive Reach was one of my primary PvP tools but I would prefer an improved class skill to use for cc instead.

That arctic blast 3sec-target-required-self-heal-over-time Frankenstein is still one of the oddest skills and a horrible place to put a weak class CC skill.

Our full range CC is Arctic (which as you said is a weird skill). They wanted to move away from Full Range High Damage CCs. I do agree that we are now left with even less options.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just want a CC with decent damage potential, not some unbalanced skill. Base it off Binding Javelin w/blinding light passive would be a good start.

Devs seem to have made a grave error with this patch by balancing everything down to lowest common denominator bland basics, rather than balancing things dynamically so class/skill unique flavor is maintained and people can still have fun playing this game. It’s is an mmo after all and not some spreadsheet simulation.

Edited by Enkil on August 16, 2019 1:53AM
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That arctic blast 3sec-target-required-self-heal-over-time Frankenstein is still one of the oddest skills and a horrible place to put a weak class CC skill.

& @ZOS_BrianWheeler

I'm curious why Shalks/scorch is a skill not copied from the Brigand Beastcaller, as others have?

Brigand Beastcaller summons a Haj Mota. A skill w/o the delay, & does a knock back/down stun? Imo a lot better looking, & more functional/fluid creating distance w/a cc.

Current shalk/haj mota damage would have to be adjusted to another skill, & the same to arctic blast's function...possibly adjusting arctic blast to fit a frost mage theme morph, absence of the stun.

My 2c

https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Brigand_Beastcaller

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Haj_Mota

Btw if anyone reading this has yet to encounter these guys you can pick-up a daily at Vvardenfell, Ald'Rhun.

Or you can go to Balmora & head North on road out of town, you will see structures by the lava pools on the rightside of road w/Brigand Beastcallers.

Edit: console player here, can anyone tell me what the green melee range claw skill is called from the Beastcallers....I want it!
    Edited by Wolfpaw on August 16, 2019 3:56AM
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfpaw wrote: »

& @ZOS_BrianWheeler

I'm curious why Shalks/scorch is a skill not copied from the Brigand Beastcaller, as others have?

Brigand Beastcaller summons a Haj Mota. A skill w/o the delay, & does a knock back/down stun? Imo a lot better looking, & more functional/fluid creating distance w/a cc.

Current shalk/haj mota damage would have to be adjusted to another skill, & the same to arctic blast's function...possibly adjusting arctic blast to fit a frost mage theme morph.

It originally was in the Morrowind PTS, but it was changed as the Haj Mota was not as telegraphed iirc. Also probably to fit the Morrowind animal theme
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wolfpaw wrote: »

& @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Current shalk/haj mota damage would have to be adjusted to another skill, & the same to arctic blast's function...possibly adjusting arctic blast to fit a frost mage theme morph.

It originally was in the Morrowind PTS, but it was changed as the Haj Mota was not as telegraphed iirc. Also probably to fit the Morrowind animal theme

Thanks for reply, I added more to my post.

That's odd because it's really telegraphed by the Brigand Beastcaller.

• ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just want a CC with decent damage potential, not some unbalanced skill. Base it off Binding Javelin w/blinding light passive would be a good start.

Devs seem to have made a grave error with this patch by balancing everything down to lowest common denominator bland basics, rather than balancing things dynamically so class/skill unique flavor is maintained and people can still have fun playing this game. It’s is an mmo after all and not some spreadsheet simulation.

This patch is about normalisation. So it's gonna suck for the next 2 or 3 patches but i think its safe to say they'll be changing more stuff. perhaps making the classes more interesting and unique. We know warden wants that.
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xWarbrain wrote: »

Thanks for any feedback!

Im not on PC either but i will help where i can with what i know.

1. Not a lot were running Pirate as out Ulti grant Major Protection as well. There were a lot that used Protective but it did receive a big reduction so its has fallen out of favour.

2. So many player no matter the class are just stacking as many DoTs as they can. And although they both grant Sorcery you will still want both the recovery and purge of Netch is just to good to pass up and the Damage of Entropy is great.

3. We lost a good stun, and Arctic Blast isnt up to scratch yet, some player dont use a stun and just add another DoT like Fetcher Infection which is very good. And you will probably want to add another heal or use Resto Ulti since the DoT meta is extremely potent.

Agree with every point here. Ol Betty is too good to pass for free purge spam, especially when those sneaky ninjas can mark you from sneak for free.
    Probelim is there are so many dots to choose from now, and that too at the cost of dropping class skills.
    Before I used to run Wings on front for extra damage and spped but now, soul trap sits there.
    My current setup looks like-
    Front- soul/fetcher/deep fissure/force pulse/shimmering with Sleet
    Back- ice fortress/ward/harness/mutagen/Betty and pencea.
    However. I'm thinking to swap shimmering and Betty to each other as purge on demand with betty+ 2% extra damage. As you can see, no place for Entropy unless I drop a skill which probably would be a defensive one. And given defence is in such a *** state now, I'm thinking to let go of wars and harness and get Arctic Wind there for some heals like BoL and put entropy there. Itd be a glass canon but what the hell can you do. Ward and harness cant save you from ****.
    Edited by UrbanMonk on August 16, 2019 6:13AM
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ToxicPAWS wrote: »
    *** state now, I'm thinking to let go of wars and harness and get Arctic Wind there for some heals like BoL and put entropy there. Itd be a glass canon but what the hell can you do. Ward and harness cant save you from ****.

if you think those skills can't heal you then you're going to cry when you realise that arctic blast's heal is even worse.
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no problem using Arctic Wind. I think its been wildly underrated because it doesn't do damage. I use it as my only CC, and its been on my front bar where the small HoT is enough to give me a bit more time to do damage before swapping to my backbar. I replaced Clench with it (I never used Reach anyway) and it was just as reliable if not more so than Clench as a CC.

But once console gets the patch I'll have to decide between a few skills, and it may be on the chopping block. You might be right though about dropping Bird of Prey for Soul Trap or Entropy if the DoTs are really that good. Hate to lose 8% Minor Berserk + 2% Animal Companions though, so I'll probably drop Arctic first and try that out.
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arctic blast is a tank stun due to its scaling and secondary effect... this is weird considering how tanks need to pull rather than stun and magdens were the ones begging for the stun after fissure was gutted

Magden is still waiting for a class stun to replace the one they lost when zos “standardized” fissure... all other classes (except necro cause it’s hard to design complete dlc classes apparently) have multiple stuns, many of which do good damage

Below are listed all class stuns with their effects, base base damage values, and uncounterabilities.

Magplar:
    * Toppling Charge: Gapcloser, Stun, 537 Damage
    * Eclipse: Ranged, 273 Damage 30% Snare, 548 Damage Root, 822 Damage Stun, 1643 Total Damage, Delayed Stun Procs off Direct Damage with increasing effects, Unblockable(?), Undodgeable(?)
    * Aurora Javelin: Ranged, Stun, 537-752 Damage
    * Nova Ult Synergy: Aoe, Stun, 30% Snare, 1613 Damage, Stun

Magdk
    * Petrify: Root, Stun, Undodgeable, Unblockable, 397 Damage
    * Stone Giant: Ranged, Stun, 984 Damage
    * Ferocious Leap Ult: Gapcloser, Aoe, Stun, Undodgeable, 1498 damage

Magnb
    * Fear: Aoe, Stun, Undodgeable, Unblockable
    * Concealed Weapon from stealth: Stun, 822 damage
    * Soul Tether Ult: Aoe, Stun, Undodgeable, 1193 damage

Magsorc
    * Greater Storm Atro Ult: Ranged, Aoe, 70% Snare, Stun, Undodgeable, 795 damage
    * Volatile Familiar: Aoe, Delayed Stun, 30% Snare from Hamstrung Dubuff, Undodgeable, 534 damage every 2s for 8s with stun on last tick
    * Crystal Blast: Ranged, Stun, 1195 damage
    * Rune Cage: Ranged, Delayed Stun, Unblockable, 596 damage if stun is not broken
    * Steak: Gapmaker, Aoe, Stun, Undodgeable, Unblockable, 477 damage

(Now for the ones who’s only good stuns are expensive ults, which is just really bad for solo play)

Magcro
    * Glacial Collosus: Ranged, Aoe, Delayed Stun, Undodgeable, Major Vulnerability, 988-2964 damage
    * Bone Totem, Ranged, Aoe, Delayed Stun every 2s, Undodgeable, Unblockable

Magden
    * Permafrost Ult: Aoe, 40% Snare, Delayed Stun, Undodgeable, 410-3280 Damage
    * Arctic Blast: Ranged, Stun :D
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    unknown.png?width=604&height=676

this is how it feels.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on August 18, 2019 2:56PM
  • MooseKnuckles88
    MooseKnuckles88
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not that I disagree with you guys on various topics in regards to Magden, a lot of the class identity stuff I agree with. That said, you do realize that magden is stronger than most magicka classes this patch? That would likely mean that, if anything, there's likely to be more negative effects to magden before there's any positive ones.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not that I disagree with you guys on various topics in regards to Magden, a lot of the class identity stuff I agree with. That said, you do realize that magden is stronger than most magicka classes this patch? That would likely mean that, if anything, there's likely to be more negative effects to magden before there's any positive ones.

The reason we are stronger this patch is solely due to the new DoTs. Which everyone is complaining about.
  • TiZzA93
    TiZzA93
    ✭✭✭
    Yep our magic dmg passive is probably gunna get nuked due to dot meta lol [snip] i just wanna happy magden

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on February 26, 2022 7:24PM
  • Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm, magden doing well right now. That being said, I don't think they should be nerfed. I am geared, this is below 50, and fairly good at PvP. If anything the standardized damage for a single target DoT should be reduced by about 15% and a stamina armor set that counters debuffs/DoTs should be added to the game. Overall the patch feels well deserved and it's good that DoTs were brought closer to direct damage in terms of damage output. Adds more build diversity to the game. I especially love the brief cooldowns on certain ultimates, gives time to respond with a roll dodge that otherwise wouldn't work no matter how fast your reflexes due to latency.

JZJ8rkm.jpg
  • FoulSnowpaw
    FoulSnowpaw
    ✭✭✭
    1. Warden needs more Frost Damage abilities. Literally only one damaging aoe ability that's pretty weak and hardly benefits from the passive. Ultimate seems decent as it is.
    2. Warden damaging for PVE is lackluster and only viable for the top few who manage to perfect animation cancel, casting 5 abilities in a 2 second window. If the game is built on the idea of needing to animation cancel, the majority of other players lose out a lot on the class's actual potential.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elusiin wrote: »
    Can confirm, magden doing well right now. That being said, I don't think they should be nerfed. I am geared, this is below 50, and fairly good at PvP. If anything the standardized damage for a single target DoT should be reduced by about 15% and a stamina armor set that counters debuffs/DoTs should be added to the game.

This is just my opinion, but,

I think they never should have touched the damage or cost standards for ST and AoE DoTs. It left the ground AoEs feeling like [snip]. They already have a downside of being ground-based.

I feel that Winter's Revenge and Eruption got hit hard since they don't bring too much to the group, Winter's Revenge is unfortunately hit the hardest because like most other Warden Dps skills, the bare minimum seems to be their favourite thing to give us. Even eruption has a snare that is 40% better with a better damage type AND an initial tick of burst damage. We may be able to proc chilled more with our ground AoE, but for what? DK tanks have minor maim on enemies most of the time anyway. Relating to chilled, We only gain a 200% chance to increase our chilled proc chance even further. Glacial Pressence feels unfinished. In light of recent events, i feel that Glacial Presence needs an update that heavily focuses on Magicka Warden.

The single target standard was fine where it was. I like that they made entropy, reach and soul trap good but they are too good now. Instead of running 1 more DoT or running a different DoT depending on what we need, we're running ALL of them without a spammable burst tool. In pvp many people are complaining about the damage that DoTs are starting to do.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on February 26, 2022 7:31PM
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does well in bgs above level 50 as well if you stack max magicka with a flame staff and use the same number of offensive class skills as stamdk or stamsorc...

Main problem here... the main problem since summerset is that class skills have felt bad compared to weapon a world skills on magden. Nerfs have completely killed old playsyles and severely limited both build diversity and class identity.

It’s just unfortunate that arctic blast is so bad compared to flame reach and that screaming cliff racer both is too fast to combo with fissure anymore and too slow to finish targets off making elemental weapon and force pulse superior even with a lower tooltip. It’s also unfortunate that magden has around half par when it comes to offensive options due to zos ice is for tanking agenda which for some reason requires almost every morph in winters embrace be designed with tanking in mind (note this leaves expansive frost cloak, arctic blast, and frozen retreat as dead morphs)

Veteran magden players really miss the high speed position based Druid playstyle that used deep fissure, screaming cliff racer, and force pulse into a high damage stunning combo and a large amount of magden mains also want dps cryomancer to be a thing as it was in the Vvardenfell cinematic trailer and pretty much every other elder scrolls title
    Edited by _Ahala_ on August 21, 2019 5:39PM
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    _Ahala_ wrote: »
    a large amount of magden mains also want dps cryomancer to be a thing as it was in the Vvardenfell cinematic trailer and pretty much every other elder scrolls title

Yeah i mean we legit saw a cryomancer with a bear. That's pretty cool. Imo the main theme should've been frost with animal companions as a minor theme. Not the other way around. Just like it is in every other elder scrolls game. Not many abilities to do with animals, especially when compared to frost magic.