Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

5 useful tips to new ESO players.

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree somewhat with that list.

1. Join a guild. Trusting Google to teach you the game is Russian Roulette. There is a lot of outdated information out there, dead fan sites. No source is perfect though.
    2. Put gold into bank space. then loot everything to gain more gold. Rinse and repeat. My focus when I started this game was expand bag and bank space. I did not repair or buy gear. I just used dropped gear.
    3. Yes, Daily rewards are good.
    4. Crafting is a must if you want to be half serious. Those that do not care about the quality of their gear or what trait their gear is can ignore crafting. Granted, it is easy to ask someone to craft gear for you, but they cannot upgrade the gear or change the trait. Even if Zos starts selling maxed out crafting lines you still need them maxed on one character to start with so OPs comments on the subject are careless.
    5. OP is generally correct on this point.

Two points OP is correct on. Two other points seem to be on the extreme side of casual. My comments are based on my experience when this game launched and in some cases all of this was harder. I would suggest following my comments on the first, second and forth points rather than OP's.

But again, join an active social guild. You will find help getting started and figuring things out. In the end you need to do some research on your own and decide what is best for you.

As for what @drkfrontiers says, mage guild books do count towards leveling that guild line even before you enter the guild. This has been tested and known from when the game launched. I am pretty sure this has not changed. Drk, may be able to explain it change since the game launched, idk.

Fighters guild on the other hand does not start counting kills of undead and daedra until you enter the guild.

Edit: links explaining you do get mage guild book credit even before joining the guild.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1921624/#Comment_1921624
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2073330/#Comment_2073330
    Edited by idk on August 13, 2019 5:15PM
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    SirAxen wrote: »
    Here some things I find out the hard way: (Useful if you have ESO+ or have purchased the relevant DLCs)
    1. On a new toon go to the mage guild 1st thing and join the mage's guild - any books you find you get points. If you don't have mages guild active and you find books you don't raise in the rank.
    2. Go to the fighters guild and join - again you get points sooner.
    3. Complete the craft x6 in your starter zone. Port to Summerset and get the Jewelry crafting. Crafting is a great way to gain XP and cash for early players.
    4. Travel to Gold coast and pick-up the Assassins Guild quest. You will encounter a women asking you to meet the contact for Cold Harbour quest. Do not start that yet as it will break your immersion alot early in the game. Leave it for later and it will make some sense. Also most Cold Harbour Dungeons and Boss fights are not pretty on low-level toons.
    5. After you have completed the 1st Dark Brotherhood quest - go to the Thieves Den in Cold Coast (Anvil) - there you will find Quen to start the Thieves Guild.
    6. By now you should have all the guilds if you have ESO+ and you should hit level 10 about now.
    7. Go to the Alliance War in Cyrodil when you hit level 10. You will unlock the Alliance War skills and +2 Skill points just for showing up.

Enjoy.

Solid. I usually do something very similar to a new character myself.

Every. Single. Time. Best advice so far.

Based on what I posted.

I agree with SOME of what you posted (not all, but some pretty decent advice) I do disagree with you on the crafting and the Google advice. I would say interacting via zone chat on basic questions is a great way to make new friends in game and get good advice in the process. Google does work, but does not lend to ANY social interaction in game.

Crafting dailies are one of the very best ways to earn a bit of coin for a new player struggling to get their bags, horse, and bank upgraded and should NOT be overlooked.

I disagree with you. I have learned more about this game just by doing the reading and research alone. And what if you don't socially interact with people in the game? In my experience with online games. When you tend to ask these "noob" questions? You tend to annoy people by simply asking them. And are often met with the same response. And usually, you tend not to get a straight answer anyways. Often just another "opinion"
    And when it comes to upgrading your bags, horse, and bank. It's a lot less complicated. When you can use the money you get from simply logging in every day. I am going to be receiving at the end of the month 100,000 for just logging in. Which is what most people do automatically anyway.
    And I never you should never craft? Just don't make it the main focus of the game.
    “I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

1. Join a guild. Trusting Google to teach you the game is Russian Roulette. There is a lot of outdated information out there, dead fan sites. No source is perfect though.
    2. Put gold into bank space. then loot everything to gain more gold. Rinse and repeat. My focus when I started this game was expand bag and bank space. I did not repair or buy gear. I just used dropped gear.
    4. Crafting is a must if you want to be half serious. Those that do not care about the quality of their gear or what trait their gear is can ignore crafting. Granted, it is easy to ask someone to craft gear for you, but they cannot upgrade the gear or change the trait. Even if Zos starts selling maxed out crafting lines you still need them maxed on one character to start with so OPs comments on the subject are careless.

Two points OP is correct on. Two other points seem to be on the extreme side of casual. My comments are based on my experience when this game launched and in some cases all of this was harder. I would suggest following my comments on the first, second and forth points rather than OP's.

But again, join an active social guild. You will find help getting started and figuring things out. In the end you need to do some research on your own and decide what is best for you.

As for what @drkfrontiers says, mage guild books do count towards leveling that guild line even before you enter the guild. This has been tested and known from when the game launched. I am pretty sure this has not changed. Drk, may be able to explain it change since the game launched, idk.

Fighters guild on the other hand does not start counting kills of undead and daedra until you enter the guild.

Edit: links explaining you do get mage guild book credit even before joining the guild.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1921624/#Comment_1921624
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2073330/#Comment_2073330

What if you don't want to join a guild? And again I have learned how to craft runes properly because of the information I have read. If you had read what I initially said. It's all about opinions. In my experiance yes, most guilds are helpful to a point. And I said don't loot everything in the beginning, because you simply don't have the bank space in the beginning. And if you have multiple toons? That bank space will fill up fast. I figured this game out my own. And no one taught me anything. This is a video game and not rocket science. And yes you can ask someone to craft your gear for you? But chances are they want something in return to do so.

"My comments are based on my experience when this game launched and in some cases, all of this was harder."
    Then feel free to write your own post then. Don't be telling people that they shouldn't follow my advice. Because some people do agree with me.
    In the future keep your "opinions" about me? To yourself.
    " Even if Zos starts selling maxed out crafting lines you still need them maxed on one character to start with so OPs comments on the subject are careless. "

I did say you would have to unlock aka max it out first on one of your characters first.
    Edited by SocialAssassin on August 13, 2019 5:29PM
    “I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And no one taught me anything.

Yeah, that's kinda the problem here. o:)
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    I actually disagree that crafting isn't useful. I have found it incredibly useful.

But what if you don't enjoy crafting? Crafting isn't for everyone. And my point was you're going to be able to buy the crafting skill lines eventually? According to the rumors. Which will turn out to be true, to be honest?

Source?

Don't know if it's true? But there is your source
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/488896/purchasable-skill-line-prices/p1
  • bakthi
    bakthi
    ✭✭✭
    Pick up everything. At the very least, you can decon it, getting inspiration (crafting exp) and materials to either sell or craft more. If you run out of room, go back to a town or drop the white stuff (or get the merchant and/or bank cats with your ESO+ crowns, if that applies).

Don't forget to join the Undaunted. Do it before level 10 when you start doing dungeons. I do this immediately, right after joining the Mage's and Fighter's guilds.

Use the food you find, or the drinks you loot from tables/kegs. Quickslot and use the potions you find. They can make a real difference. You will need better food and potions later, but the free crap can really help in overland.

Do your random normal dungeon once you hit 15 or so. BG too, if you enjoy it. Undaunted delve as well, if you can.

All (8) of my alts do the daily writs. This makes it easy:

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1346-DolgubonsLazyWritCrafter.html

I seed each alt with 10k gold to start off, and before I know it they have 100k. Mostly just from that. They fund all their own horse, bag, etc. upgrades and then some. I don't farm, fish, etc. and I don't seek out materials aside from crafting surveys or points I happen to trip over. This and selling drops I happen to get are my only income. They don't even have any skill points into any of the crafts yet; it will be even better once they have enough for that. They also level in nice sets like Shacklebreaker with all Training traits, instead of random crap like my first character (who is now almost maxed in crafting, with just some traits left to learn for high-trait sets, and has plenty of skill points left for everything else).
    Army of me:
    CP810+: Breton Templar healer, Redguard stamina Warden, Imperial DK tank, Altmer magicka Sorceror, Orc stamina Sorceror/werewolf, Nord Necromancer tank, Khajit TG/DB Nightblade, Bosmer stamina Necromancer, Argonian Warden healer, Dunmer magicka DK, Nord Nightblade tank
    Second account, CP400+: Breton magicka Warden, Nord Nightblade healer/solo vampire, Bosmer stamina Templar/werewolf, Dunmer magicka Necromancer, Orc stamina DK, Argonian Warden tank
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    Edaphon wrote: »
    I actually disagree that crafting isn't useful. I have found it incredibly useful.

But what if you don't enjoy crafting? Crafting isn't for everyone. And my point was you're going to be able to buy the crafting skill lines eventually? According to the rumors. Which will turn out to be true, to be honest?

Source?

"Rumors", aka no source.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/485916/the-new-skill-line-purchases-need-a-level-requirement-of-50

Did you even read any of the threads you linked? Apparently not.

You probably only mean well but you're not helping anyone by spreading misinformation. Ignoring crafting and not picking up loot is just terrible advice.

I didn't say to pick up any loot. I said to pick up what you need or can use. Crafting is only important when it comes to end game. But look at the posts that do agree with me.

That's the thing, though. You can use literally everything.

If not for yourself then sell it. You'd be surprised how many millions you can make from selling "useless" loot.

I have a full bag and a full bank. I would seel my stuff if I didn't need to research the trait first. But when you start out? You have limited bag space. You will not the "free one " until level 12.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/489000/free-bag-upgrade#latest
  • SkillzMFG
    SkillzMFG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Terrible advice on point 4. Other than that it's solid.

Crating should be one of your primary things to keep track of while leveling because once you reach max level you will be very weak and a crafting profession can help you get out of that weak phase rather quickly and without frustration. Some of the crafted base game sets are actually very good for beginners.
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh hey, crafting lets you create and upgrade tons of gear and entire sets, so yeah, let's definitely not focus on that.

Yes but you have to either buy or find the skill books to do so. And you have to collect the resources to do so. And everyone in the game wants those resources. Especially when most players have multiple characters. And high-level characters to boot. And that takes additional resources.

You dont need skill books to craft.
    Are you thinking of motifs? Thats cosmetic.
    Hundings & Julianos are still pretty ok sets for stam/mag respectively so useful to be able to craft them.

And collecting resources needed is not hard. Especially if do crafting writs. 😉
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭

SkillzMFG wrote: »

Crating should be one of your primary things to keep track of while leveling because once you reach max level you will be very weak and a crafting profession can help you get out of that weak phase rather quickly and without frustration. Some of the crafted base game sets are actually very good for beginners.

And again, that is your opinion.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But what if you don't enjoy crafting? Crafting isn't for everyone. And my point was you're going to be able to buy the crafting skill lines eventually? According to the rumors. Which will turn out to be true, to be honest.

Even if that’s true, why pay for something that you can do for free and even make some money at fulfilling writs?

As was helpfully recommended to me, I would pass on the recommendation to put ranks in crafting and research on a main crafter. Doesn’t hurt to have other characters crafting but wouldn’t put skill points in them (except maybe alchemy to avoid writs requiring corn flower) and this gets you extra coin and intricate items for your crafting main to deconstruct.
  • SassiestAssassin
    SassiestAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    Be aware that questions aren’t welcome in some zone chat. Avoid asking in places and event is going on (like now in Wrothgar) and Craglorn, as chat is used for grouping there.
    Edited by SassiestAssassin on August 13, 2019 5:45PM
    *slams a gallon of Respecting Support Roles juice on the table* Take a sip, babes.
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Here some things I find out the hard way: (Useful if you have ESO+ or have purchased the relevant DLCs)
    1. On a new toon go to the mage guild 1st thing and join the mage's guild - any books you find you get points. If you don't have mages guild active and you find books you don't raise in the rank.
    3. Complete the craft x6 in your starter zone. Port to Summerset and get the Jewelry crafting. Crafting is a great way to gain XP and cash for early players.
    4. Travel to Gold coast and pick-up the Assassins Guild quest. You will encounter a women asking you to meet the contact for Cold Harbour quest. Do not start that yet as it will break your immersion alot early in the game. Leave it for later and it will make some sense. Also most Cold Harbour Dungeons and Boss fights are not pretty on low-level toons.
    5. After you have completed the 1st Dark Brotherhood quest - go to the Thieves Den in Cold Coast (Anvil) - there you will find Quen to start the Thieves Guild.
    6. By now you should have all the guilds if you have ESO+ and you should hit level 10 about now.
    7. Go to the Alliance War in Cyrodil when you hit level 10. You will unlock the Alliance War skills and +2 Skill points just for showing up.

Enjoy.

Based on what I posted.

I agree with SOME of what you posted (not all, but some pretty decent advice) I do disagree with you on the crafting and the Google advice. I would say interacting via zone chat on basic questions is a great way to make new friends in game and get good advice in the process. Google does work, but does not lend to ANY social interaction in game.

Crafting dailies are one of the very best ways to earn a bit of coin for a new player struggling to get their bags, horse, and bank upgraded and should NOT be overlooked.

I disagree with you. I have learned more about this game just by doing the reading and research alone. And what if you don't socially interact with people in the game? In my experience with online games. When you tend to ask these "noob" questions? You tend to annoy people by simply asking them. And are often met with the same response. And usually, you tend not to get a straight answer anyways. Often just another "opinion"
    And when it comes to upgrading your bags, horse, and bank. It's a lot less complicated. When you can use the money you get from simply logging in every day. I am going to be receiving at the end of the month 100,000 for just logging in. Which is what most people do automatically anyway.
    And I never you should never craft? Just don't make it the main focus of the game.

No harm in disagreeing, we just have a different approach to things. It's a bit harder for me to envision being completely new to the game. I'm a bit more social and will always try and answer "noob" questions in zone chat, but I get what you are saying about some of the more elite players not having time for new people.
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »

But what if you don't enjoy crafting? Crafting isn't for everyone. And my point was you're going to be able to buy the crafting skill lines eventually? According to the rumors. Which will turn out to be true, to be honest.

Even if that’s true, why pay for something that you can do for free and even make some money at fulfilling writs?

As was helpfully recommended to me, I would pass on the recommendation to put ranks in crafting and research on a main crafter. Doesn’t hurt to have other characters crafting but wouldn’t put skill points in them (except maybe alchemy to avoid writs requiring corn flower) and this gets you extra coin and intricate items for your crafting main to deconstruct.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/488896/purchasable-skill-line-prices/p1
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    Oh hey, crafting lets you create and upgrade tons of gear and entire sets, so yeah, let's definitely not focus on that.

Yes but you have to either buy or find the skill books to do so. And you have to collect the resources to do so. And everyone in the game wants those resources. Especially when most players have multiple characters. And high-level characters to boot. And that takes additional resources.

You dont need skill books to craft.
    Are you thinking of motifs? Thats cosmetic.
    Hundings & Julianos are still pretty ok sets for stam/mag respectively so useful to be able to craft them.

And collecting resources needed is not hard. Especially if do crafting writs. 😉

Sorry I was thinking of Motifs. And when it comes to crafting, sure as long as you enjoy doing boring and repetitive tasks. I would be rather playing the actual game. Instead of running arround and gathering a resource. And what about the people that use bots to farm those resources. And those players that will deliberately run and steal those resources. Before your able to do so?
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭

Enjoy.

Based on what I posted.

No harm in disagreeing, we just have a different approach to things. It's a bit harder for me to envision being completely new to the game. I'm a bit more social and will always try and answer "noob" questions in zone chat, but I get what you are saying about some of the more elite players not having time for new people.

Thank you
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Be aware that questions aren’t welcome in some zone chat. Avoid asking in places and event is going on (like now in Wrothgar) and Craglorn, as chat is used for grouping there.

They are welcome to people like me. Ask away and I will respond if I know the answer no matter what zone we are in.

If you are not willing to help new players get a foothold in Tamriel because an event is happening in the zone and you are too elite to waste your time helping - you are part of the problem, not the solution.
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding crafting, you can do daily writs from level 6, which are well worth doing, for both gold and mats.

I would also suggest learning traits as soon as you can, as they take ages to learn.

The guild advice is good too (although the mages guild lore books do increase your skill level if you have haven't joined the guild. Fighters guild and undaunted I would suggest doing straight away; the latter is a pain to get to level 10.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What if you don't want to join a guild? And again I have learned how to craft runes properly because of the information I have read. If you had read what I initially said. It's all about opinions. In my experiance yes, most guilds are helpful to a point. And I said don't loot everything in the beginning, because you simply don't have the bank space in the beginning. And if you have multiple toons? That bank space will fill up fast. I figured this game out my own. And no one taught me anything. This is a video game and not rocket science. And yes you can ask someone to craft your gear for you? But chances are they want something in return to do so.

"My comments are based on my experience when this game launched and in some cases, all of this was harder."
    Then feel free to write your own post then. Don't be telling people that they shouldn't follow my advice. Because some people do agree with me.

First off all I did not provide an opinion about you, but about your post. Anyone who takes the time to read my post will clearly see I am speaking to the comments and at no point was it an opinion about the person as you falsely imply. At that, you presented an opinion and I countered that with different ideas. You asked for criticism when you created this thread.

Second, enchanting is probably the easiest crafting in the game. Even outdated enchanting information is still helpful to a point. However, there is plenty of other aspects of the game that have changed considerably.

Just look at the Sorc skills on this site. http://teso.mmorpg-life.com/eso-skill-calculator/sorcerer/ They are horribly outdated. Further, they have misinformation being it says both morphs of the twilight scale off Weapon Damage which I am pretty sure that has never been the case. I could be wrong though.

What is interesting is that site itself has been updated as they have treasure map locations for Elsweyr. It is just poorly managed as some of the original fan site are.

If they choose to not join a guild that is a choice. But the best information often comes from talking with guild members as there is an interaction. That might include looking at a specific site. That interaction helps refine and better understand what the new player is actually looking for and may help the new player themselves better understand what they are looking for. Something Google is not able to do. Yes, Google is a great second source, maybe third after these forums.

SkillzMFG wrote: »

And again, that is your opinion.

Another example that someone disagrees with you. You titled this as 5 useful tips for new players yet it is only your opinion based on how you have chosen to play. Some of the points really fall short for someone who plans to be a serious player, among other areas.

So yes, it is just our opinions as your OP is just your opinion.
    Edited by idk on August 13, 2019 5:56PM
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Again, those are Skill lines not crafting skill lines. They are VERY expensive and bought with crowns IF you have the full line already unlocked on a character. It would be of zero use to a new player.
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭

First off all I did not provide an opinion about you, but about your post. Anyone who takes the time to read my post will clearly see I am speaking to the comments and at no point was it an opinion about the person as you falsely imply. At that, you presented an opinion and I countered that with different ideas. You asked for criticism when you created this thread.

Second, enchanting is probably the easiest crafting in the game. Even outdated enchanting information is still helpful to a point. However, there is plenty of other aspects of the game that have changed considerably.

Just look at the Sorc skills on this site. http://teso.mmorpg-life.com/eso-skill-calculator/sorcerer/ They are horribly outdated. Further, they have misinformation being it says both morphs of the twilight scale off Weapon Damage which I am pretty sure that has never been the case. I could be wrong though.

What is interesting is that site itself has been updated as they have treasure map locations for Elsweyr. It is just poorly managed as some of the original fan site are.

If they choose to not join a guild that is a choice. But the best information often comes from talking with guild members as there is an interaction. That might include looking at a specific site. That interaction helps refine and better understand what the new player is actually looking for and may help the new player themselves better understand what they are looking for. Something Google is not able to do. Yes, Google is a great second source, maybe third after these forums.

"You asked for criticism when you created this thread."
    No, I really didn't. But that's what most people think and do.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in the pick up everything camp. Then sell/decon what you can and dump the rest. If you are new to the game there is no need to hold onto much of anything. With research maybe keep one item to be researched when the current one is finished. Beyond that you are just wasting inventory space carrying it around with you. When it comes time to research something you don't have guild traders are your friend if you do not belong to a guild. Decon items are cheap. I know the anti-social aspect was mentioned but most items you can get for free by asking in zone chat. If you do join a guild they often keep that stuff in the bank not only for research but also to decon for leveling.
    Also don't forget to steal and fence anything you can as well. There are a couple of good spots where you can get a full load with no risk of being caught.

My advice to new players is always this. Take your time. Do not get in a hurry to max out your character. Don't feel you need to max guild skills out all in one go. Enjoy each zone look under every rock and behind every tree.

Never go over a bridge if you can go under it. Ya never know what you will find down there.

If something starts feeling grindy quit doing it and find something else in the game to do for a while instead.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭

Again, those are Skill lines not crafting skill lines. They are VERY expensive and bought with crowns IF you have the full line already unlocked on a character. It would be of zero use to a new player.

Fair Enough. But at the same time. I will imagine somewhere down the road? It will be an option.
    Edited by SocialAssassin on August 13, 2019 6:06PM
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t do vet dungeons until after you hit 160CP. You can do them earlier, but your armor will get out leveled and become useless.

To add to this;

Don't feel discouraged if you end up in a DLC Vet Dungeon and then get kicked. Some of these dungeons really do require you to have 810cp in order to survive them properly. Definitely focus on leveling up first and fore most. You'll have a much better time doing harder dungeons when you're well prepared.

Asking questions is paramount. I've been playing for a couple years now and still ask questions.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

With your actions, yes you did. Every time you post in a forum you are opening up to comments.

New players who might look at this thread would be well served looking at the feedback presented as they just might get ideas that work better for them. Each of us have done things differently. Many of us have looked back and seen what we think worked well for us and what we would have done differently. To suggest our opinions are less important and certainly less valid is rather hypocritical
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think depending on your play style and what you enjoy doing you can take or leave a little of all of the advice offered in this thread.... <3
  • SassiestAssassin
    SassiestAssassin
    ✭✭✭

They are welcome to people like me. Ask away and I will respond if I know the answer no matter what zone we are in.

If you are not willing to help new players get a foothold in Tamriel because an event is happening in the zone and you are too elite to waste your time helping - you are part of the problem, not the solution.

That wasn’t bout me, lol. I absolutely welcome beginner questions, and I love sheparding newbs through mechanics. I have seen some pretty nasty zone comments after someone asked a simple question. So just a warning, when a lot of people are in one place, zone can get pretty unwelcoming.
    *slams a gallon of Respecting Support Roles juice on the table* Take a sip, babes.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fair Enough. But at the same time. I will imagine somewhere don the road? It will be an option.

Even so you would still need to have maxed out the crafting line to buy it on a new character. That is the case with the skill lines offered.
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭

With your actions, yes you did. Every time you post in a forum you are opening up to comments.

New players who might look at this thread would be well served looking at the feedback presented as they just might get ideas that work better for them. Each of us has done things differently. Many of us have looked back and seen what we think worked well for us and what we would have done differently. To suggest our opinions are less important and certainly less valid is rather hypocritical

Okay but if you or no one had actually played the game before? In that case, I would think my tips would be useful.

"To suggest our opinions are less important and certainly less valid is rather hypocritical [/quote]"
    And that's what you're basically doing to me.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

New players who might look at this thread would be well served looking at the feedback presented as they just might get ideas that work better for them. Each of us has done things differently. Many of us have looked back and seen what we think worked well for us and what we would have done differently. To suggest our opinions are less important and certainly less valid is rather hypocritical

Okay but if you or no one had actually played the game before? In that case, I would think my tips would be useful.

"To suggest our opinions are less important and certainly less valid is rather hypocritical
    "
    And that's what you're basically doing to me. [/quote]

I have merely pointed out there are better ways to go in my opinion and explained why. While I have suggested following my points would serve the new player better I have not suggested you should not present your own opinion. You have suggested you our differing opinions are not wanted. There is a huge difference there.

Edit: I would personally suggest ending the back and forth as it only serves to derail your thread. That is just my opinion and you are entitled to your own. Second edit. changed wording of first edit as it was partially filtered.
    Edited by idk on August 13, 2019 6:35PM