Maintenance for the week of January 20:
· [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: EU megaserver for maintenance – January 21,  6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/508927/

Puncturing Sweep

  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sweeps can outdamage other spammable IF you don't have any other source of burning light....but spear shards are too strong to give up.
    On top of that you will have to use lightning destro for max-DPS with sweeps, but for max-overall-DPS fire-destro is in general better...

    edit:
    evoniee wrote: »
    actually puncture strike with all their passive are the second best spamable skill after crystal frag especially in pvp.
    feelsweirdman the pretending
    noone uses crystal frags as spammable...it's used as a damage-procc like the NBs spectral bow...
    Edited by Destruent on July 27, 2019 8:03AM
    Noobplar
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »
    Sweeps can outdamage other spammable IF you don't have any other source of burning light....but spear shards are too strong to give up.
    On top of that you will have to use lightning destro for max-DPS with sweeps, but for max-overall-DPS fire-destro is in general better...

    edit:
    evoniee wrote: »
    actually puncture strike with all their passive are the second best spamable skill after crystal frag especially in pvp.
    feelsweirdman the pretending
    noone uses crystal frags as spammable...it's used as a damage-procc like the NBs spectral bow...

    Didn't the full parses by end game raiders prefer ele weapon and blazing spear over jabs?
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    evoniee wrote: »
    actually puncture strike with all their passive are the second best spamable skill after crystal frag especially in pvp.
    feelsweirdman the pretending

    Crystal drags is not a spammable. And you fight someone decent, jabs are not going to land every poke even without lag.
    Technohic - DC Templar
    Technohicz - DC Nightblade
    Technohix - DC Sorc
    TechDKnohic - DC DK
    Tech No Hic - DC Warden
    Necrohic - DC Necromancer
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »
    Sweeps can outdamage other spammable IF you don't have any other source of burning light....but spear shards are too strong to give up.
    On top of that you will have to use lightning destro for max-DPS with sweeps, but for max-overall-DPS fire-destro is in general better...

    edit:
    evoniee wrote: »
    actually puncture strike with all their passive are the second best spamable skill after crystal frag especially in pvp.
    feelsweirdman the pretending
    noone uses crystal frags as spammable...it's used as a damage-procc like the NBs spectral bow...

    Didn't the full parses by end game raiders prefer ele weapon and blazing spear over jabs?

    They do. I tried a lot to make to make sweeps work in raid. But best I could get was to be nearly on par in static fights. Ele-weapon offers much more flexibility while doing the same same if not even more dps. Blazing spear is without a doubt the best dot a Templar has, even in the next patch, so you'll always use it.

    Noobplar
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    evoniee wrote: »
    actually puncture strike with all their passive are the second best spamable skill after crystal frag especially in pvp.
    feelsweirdman the pretending

    Lolololololololololol you clearly don't PvP or play Templar or sorc and if you do..... You should stop playing them because you are bad.

    If you try to spam crystal frag on a competent player they will interrupt you and have you dead. This man right here has me dying laughing right now and he still doesn't understand how PvP works.

    And these are the people that the devs listen too murdering pirate skeleton monster set (minor defile can't be purged) lol. Learn how the game actually works before you give feedback saying something is balanced when it clearly is not.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vlad9425 wrote: »
    Vlad9425 wrote: »
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Vlad9425 wrote: »
    Durham wrote: »
    Jabs on live server is severly punnished by latency. I have many friends that have stop play their stamplar due to the fact that the class defining ability does not even hit the target. Last night on several occassion standing infront of guards 3 rounds of jabs and only 2 jabs landed. I had to light attact the guard to death.

    It hits well enough for me even with the poor server performance and when you have your enemy stunned it melts. Templars just love to keep saying this ability is bad when it really isn’t...

    Uh...when the server performance is poor the skill doesn't even fire and/or doesn't do damage... :D

    This issue applies to literally everything though not just Jabs.

    You're not understanding what they're trying to say, lag hurts the ability more than most skills in the game because it's channeled, conal, and requires aim.

    Another channeled ability like Flurry can be cast on a target and you can run away from them, as long as you are within melee range, the damage still persists. Since Jabs has a weird hitbox, you can los it easily which is highly affected by latency of both players.

    Either way, this is a single target channeled ability with a cleave element. It should not be treated as an aoe, it already has enough lowering it's effectiveness, to treat it as 30% weaker than any other spammable would completely destroy what little it has left.. There are many skills in the game zos considers "rule breakers" so this could be one of them for all we know.

    What is there to not understand? They're saying they're missing their Jabs / Sweeps due to lag and I'm saying everyone else is missing their abilities due to lag as well.They're trying to make it seem like Jabs / Sweeps is some kind of unreliable ability which is far from the truth since it procs many good passives and deals insane damage especially to builds which aren't using evasion.

    During primetime jabs is one of the worst abilities you can put on your bar other then using it for crit for healing. I can slot almost anything and it performs better. Bitting jabs animations go off great but you are only hitting your closest target 1/3 to 1/5 of the time. Wrecking blow will still work in 150 latency however jabs start not hit at that point. By 200 latency jabs do not work hardly at all. By 200 latency wrecking blow is very erratic but I'm using wrecking blow becouse it's also heavily affected by lag. Other abilities still work at these times like blood craze, speed cloak and others that do not have a delay or channel.
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVE Eternal Destiny
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    evoniee wrote: »
    actually puncture strike with all their passive are the second best spamable skill after crystal frag especially in pvp.
    feelsweirdman the pretending

    Agree totally except in lag ...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVE Eternal Destiny
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »
    Destruent wrote: »
    Sweeps can outdamage other spammable IF you don't have any other source of burning light....but spear shards are too strong to give up.
    On top of that you will have to use lightning destro for max-DPS with sweeps, but for max-overall-DPS fire-destro is in general better...

    edit:
    evoniee wrote: »
    actually puncture strike with all their passive are the second best spamable skill after crystal frag especially in pvp.
    feelsweirdman the pretending
    noone uses crystal frags as spammable...it's used as a damage-procc like the NBs spectral bow...

    Didn't the full parses by end game raiders prefer ele weapon and blazing spear over jabs?

    They do. I tried a lot to make to make sweeps work in raid. But best I could get was to be nearly on par in static fights. Ele-weapon offers much more flexibility while doing the same same if not even more dps. Blazing spear is without a doubt the best dot a Templar has, even in the next patch, so you'll always use it.

    Thank you. I hate the tooltip warriors suggesting otherwise.
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Muzzick wrote: »
    rdnqgilrqbzl.jpg
    ecru wrote: »
    Muzzick wrote: »
    The damage from sweeps is pretty comparable to other skills that are properly weaved.

    PjhvEmB.jpg

    this is not true, it can be weaved about 95% as fast as an ability without a cast time if you're competent. i almost never touch my magplar either so i don't have a ton of experience with the ability. also, jabs is almost 20% of a stamplar's dummy parse.

    All I was saying was that sweeps doesn't vastly outdamage other spammables, which I think weave slightly better

    lol

    the parse wasn't supposed to be indicative of it's damage, i have no idea what gear i was even wearing when i did that. the point was that because it does 40% more damage than most other spammables, it does actually vastly out damage other spammables because it can be weaved nearly as fast.
    Gryphon Heart
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IronWooshu wrote: »
    IronWooshu wrote: »
    IronWooshu wrote: »
    Baconlad wrote: »
    Because of the nature with how the skill is used. Its balanced by single target channels, but with an AOE component as a "perk" to using it. The aoe component is not thought for most PvP, and it's only in PvE that's the AoE is decent

    >. <
    What?

    BECAUSE OF THE NATURE WITH HOW THE SKILL IS USED. ITS BALANCED BY SINGLE TARGET CHANNELS, BUT WITH AN AOE COMPONENT AS A "PERK" TO USING IT. THE AOE COMPONENT IS NOT THOUGHT FOR MOST PVP, AND IT'S ONLY IN PVE THAT'S THE AOE IS DECENT

    Dont scream angry little fellow.
    AoE is def not a perk.
    Tell that to NB who try to cloak away.
    My stamplar mate melts people in bgs with jabs.

    The AOE damage is half of what the single target gets.. c'mon man.... think

    the closest target takes 2.57 times the damage of the targets in the aoe. way more than half.

    If your spear deals 1612 to the closest enemy that means the enemies around them takes 625. Why are you arguing for me quoting me like I am wrong?

    Already this skill is under performing to their AOE standards and is weaker than Liquid Lightning etc.

    625 is not "half" of 1612, it is 39%. you are wrong. LL is not an aoe spammable, that skill is a ground based aoe dot. no idea what is make you compare them. the closest thing to sweeps is sap essence, heals and damage. but even that is not perfect, the closest target for sweeps takes double the damage of sap(if all 4 sweeps hits land) and the aoe of does 78% of the damage of sap(if all 4 sweeps land). meaning you need 4 targets for sap to start to do more average damage of sweep. 5 total targets if you count a proc of burning light to 1 or 2 of the targets.

    You are literally going to go out of your way over what I said being half as I took an estimate to be precise at 39% while taking some high horse stand. LoL

    I literally in all your posts have no idea what you are even arguing, OP wants to nerf Sweeps because it's an AOE and not following their AOE standards.

    Are you for or against that? If you understood the entire convo instead of trying to get picky over an estimation rather then the precise number and ignore the context then so be it. I guess people need to make up for where they lack elsewhere somehow.

    for or against what? the op has been shown they are wrong in their thought process and you have too.

    and you got me, i make forum posts cause my pee pee is small.

    OP is trying to get Jabs/Sweep nerfed due to its AoE damage being apparently "too good" for AoE standards but not realizing it deals low AoE damage, as most of its tooltip is focused into the closest enemy you are hitting and essentially makes Jabs/Sweeps a single-target spammable DoT which happens to have a negligible AoE DoT that actually wastes Burning Light procs on targets you aren't focusing in many instances.

    I believe the person you are replying to is simply using Liquid Lightning as an example of what strong AoE DoT looks like compared to the weak AoE DoT of Jabs/Sweep which must be channeled and is mostly used as a single-target focused damage skill in the first palce.

    You nailed it.
  • Muzzick
    Muzzick
    ✭✭✭✭
    ecru wrote: »
    Muzzick wrote: »
    rdnqgilrqbzl.jpg
    ecru wrote: »
    Muzzick wrote: »
    The damage from sweeps is pretty comparable to other skills that are properly weaved.

    PjhvEmB.jpg

    this is not true, it can be weaved about 95% as fast as an ability without a cast time if you're competent. i almost never touch my magplar either so i don't have a ton of experience with the ability. also, jabs is almost 20% of a stamplar's dummy parse.

    All I was saying was that sweeps doesn't vastly outdamage other spammables, which I think weave slightly better

    lol

    the parse wasn't supposed to be indicative of it's damage, i have no idea what gear i was even wearing when i did that. the point was that because it does 40% more damage than most other spammables, it does actually vastly out damage other spammables because it can be weaved nearly as fast.

    Where's the 40% difference? Put on your best gear and see if you do 40% more
    Edited by Muzzick on July 27, 2019 8:37PM
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweeps are just noobs 1st spammable skill when playing under level 50.

    Only noobs use them for high cp, ì agree that this skill is a waste of slot as there many better weapon and guild spammables.

    Nerf or delete sweeps it doesn't matter anymore as this skill is only useful against coward nightblade when they stealth
    ZOS don't fix old bugs, they harbor them
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delparis wrote: »
    Sweeps are just noobs 1st spammable skill when playing under level 50.

    Only noobs use them for high cp, ì agree that this skill is a waste of slot as there many better weapon and guild spammables.

    Nerf or delete sweeps it doesn't matter anymore as this skill is only useful against coward nightblade when they stealth

    Lol some one must get shredded by night blades a lot
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar class abilities hardly got nerfed, yea shards took a bit of a damage hit, solar barrage, you mostly wanted to use that skill for the empowerment anyways, magplars will still have good damage, just less cleave. Also depends how the dot/aoe damage rework is gonna work out
  • Muzzick
    Muzzick
    ✭✭✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »
    Destruent wrote: »
    Sweeps can outdamage other spammable IF you don't have any other source of burning light....but spear shards are too strong to give up.
    On top of that you will have to use lightning destro for max-DPS with sweeps, but for max-overall-DPS fire-destro is in general better...

    edit:
    evoniee wrote: »
    actually puncture strike with all their passive are the second best spamable skill after crystal frag especially in pvp.
    feelsweirdman the pretending
    noone uses crystal frags as spammable...it's used as a damage-procc like the NBs spectral bow...

    Didn't the full parses by end game raiders prefer ele weapon and blazing spear over jabs?

    They do. I tried a lot to make to make sweeps work in raid. But best I could get was to be nearly on par in static fights. Ele-weapon offers much more flexibility while doing the same same if not even more dps. Blazing spear is without a doubt the best dot a Templar has, even in the next patch, so you'll always use it.

    Thank you. I hate the tooltip warriors suggesting otherwise.

    It's funny how none of these tooltip warriors have posted any proof of sweeps actually doing more damage.

    I stand by what I said before. When weaving other spammables sweeps with a long channel time doesn't weave as fast. In addition sweeps does best damage on a lightning staff while light attacks are best on a flame staff so you have to compromise one way or the other. So far one person posted a parse that showed sweeps doesn't do more damage in fact a bit less. So waiting to see if anyone else has something to post.
    Edited by Muzzick on July 28, 2019 4:35PM
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    Muzzick wrote: »
    Destruent wrote: »
    Destruent wrote: »
    Sweeps can outdamage other spammable IF you don't have any other source of burning light....but spear shards are too strong to give up.
    On top of that you will have to use lightning destro for max-DPS with sweeps, but for max-overall-DPS fire-destro is in general better...

    edit:
    evoniee wrote: »
    actually puncture strike with all their passive are the second best spamable skill after crystal frag especially in pvp.
    feelsweirdman the pretending
    noone uses crystal frags as spammable...it's used as a damage-procc like the NBs spectral bow...

    Didn't the full parses by end game raiders prefer ele weapon and blazing spear over jabs?

    They do. I tried a lot to make to make sweeps work in raid. But best I could get was to be nearly on par in static fights. Ele-weapon offers much more flexibility while doing the same same if not even more dps. Blazing spear is without a doubt the best dot a Templar has, even in the next patch, so you'll always use it.

    Thank you. I hate the tooltip warriors suggesting otherwise.

    It's funny how none of these tooltip warriors have posted any proof of sweeps actually doing more damage.

    I stand by what I said before. When weaving other spammables sweeps with a long channel time doesn't weave as fast. In addition sweeps does best damage on a lightning staff while light attacks are best on a flame staff so you have to compromise one way or the other. So far one person posted a parse that showed sweeps doesn't do more damage in fact a bit less. So waiting to see if anyone else has something to post.

    The end game raiders in the class discord already posted their numbers and even they say Templar is still bottom barrel with jabs unslotted.
  • Muzzick
    Muzzick
    ✭✭✭✭
    Muzzick wrote: »
    Destruent wrote: »
    Destruent wrote: »
    Sweeps can outdamage other spammable IF you don't have any other source of burning light....but spear shards are too strong to give up.
    On top of that you will have to use lightning destro for max-DPS with sweeps, but for max-overall-DPS fire-destro is in general better...

    edit:
    evoniee wrote: »
    actually puncture strike with all their passive are the second best spamable skill after crystal frag especially in pvp.
    feelsweirdman the pretending
    noone uses crystal frags as spammable...it's used as a damage-procc like the NBs spectral bow...

    Didn't the full parses by end game raiders prefer ele weapon and blazing spear over jabs?

    They do. I tried a lot to make to make sweeps work in raid. But best I could get was to be nearly on par in static fights. Ele-weapon offers much more flexibility while doing the same same if not even more dps. Blazing spear is without a doubt the best dot a Templar has, even in the next patch, so you'll always use it.

    Thank you. I hate the tooltip warriors suggesting otherwise.

    It's funny how none of these tooltip warriors have posted any proof of sweeps actually doing more damage.

    I stand by what I said before. When weaving other spammables sweeps with a long channel time doesn't weave as fast. In addition sweeps does best damage on a lightning staff while light attacks are best on a flame staff so you have to compromise one way or the other. So far one person posted a parse that showed sweeps doesn't do more damage in fact a bit less. So waiting to see if anyone else has something to post.

    The end game raiders in the class discord already posted their numbers and even they say Templar is still bottom barrel with jabs unslotted.

    Yeah, anyone who is saying otherwise needs to post their own numbers
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Muzzick wrote: »
    ecru wrote: »
    Muzzick wrote: »
    rdnqgilrqbzl.jpg
    ecru wrote: »
    Muzzick wrote: »
    The damage from sweeps is pretty comparable to other skills that are properly weaved.

    PjhvEmB.jpg

    this is not true, it can be weaved about 95% as fast as an ability without a cast time if you're competent. i almost never touch my magplar either so i don't have a ton of experience with the ability. also, jabs is almost 20% of a stamplar's dummy parse.

    All I was saying was that sweeps doesn't vastly outdamage other spammables, which I think weave slightly better

    lol

    the parse wasn't supposed to be indicative of it's damage, i have no idea what gear i was even wearing when i did that. the point was that because it does 40% more damage than most other spammables, it does actually vastly out damage other spammables because it can be weaved nearly as fast.

    Where's the 40% difference? Put on your best gear and see if you do 40% more

    ability a does 40% more damage than ability b
    ability a can be weaved 95% as fast as ability b
    how much more damage does ability a do than ability b?

    well??????????????????????///////////////???????????//////

    lol.
    Gryphon Heart
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    ecru wrote: »
    Muzzick wrote: »
    ecru wrote: »
    Muzzick wrote: »
    rdnqgilrqbzl.jpg
    ecru wrote: »
    Muzzick wrote: »
    The damage from sweeps is pretty comparable to other skills that are properly weaved.

    PjhvEmB.jpg

    this is not true, it can be weaved about 95% as fast as an ability without a cast time if you're competent. i almost never touch my magplar either so i don't have a ton of experience with the ability. also, jabs is almost 20% of a stamplar's dummy parse.

    All I was saying was that sweeps doesn't vastly outdamage other spammables, which I think weave slightly better

    lol

    the parse wasn't supposed to be indicative of it's damage, i have no idea what gear i was even wearing when i did that. the point was that because it does 40% more damage than most other spammables, it does actually vastly out damage other spammables because it can be weaved nearly as fast.

    Where's the 40% difference? Put on your best gear and see if you do 40% more

    ability a does 40% more damage than ability b
    ability a can be weaved 95% as fast as ability b
    how much more damage does ability a do than ability b?

    well??????????????????????///////////////???????????//////

    lol.

    post your raid parse lol
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ecru wrote: »
    Muzzick wrote: »
    ecru wrote: »
    Muzzick wrote: »
    rdnqgilrqbzl.jpg
    ecru wrote: »
    Muzzick wrote: »
    The damage from sweeps is pretty comparable to other skills that are properly weaved.

    PjhvEmB.jpg

    this is not true, it can be weaved about 95% as fast as an ability without a cast time if you're competent. i almost never touch my magplar either so i don't have a ton of experience with the ability. also, jabs is almost 20% of a stamplar's dummy parse.

    All I was saying was that sweeps doesn't vastly outdamage other spammables, which I think weave slightly better

    lol

    the parse wasn't supposed to be indicative of it's damage, i have no idea what gear i was even wearing when i did that. the point was that because it does 40% more damage than most other spammables, it does actually vastly out damage other spammables because it can be weaved nearly as fast.

    Where's the 40% difference? Put on your best gear and see if you do 40% more

    ability a does 40% more damage than ability b
    ability a can be weaved 95% as fast as ability b
    how much more damage does ability a do than ability b?

    well??????????????????????///////////////???????????//////

    lol.

    post your raid parse lol

    basic math is apparently really hard.

    763 - base damage of ele weapon
    1196 - base damage of puncturing sweep, which is 56% more damage

    i'm sorry that you can't weave the ability properly, but other people can and the fact that you personally (or other people in this thread) need a crutch to stand on to make it work doesn't mean that an ability is bad, it just means that you're bad at using it.

    there are reasons not to use it (like the fact that it's melee, or it's high cost making it difficult to sustain), but if it was ranged, or if it had a lower cost, or if it wasn't a channel (or all three), it would probably have to do about 40% less damage than it does now, like every other spammable in the game.

    sweep/jabs had it's cast time reduced by 100ms and the 200ms delay after casting a channeled ability was removed, making it 300ms faster, with no change in damage. some of you need to go hit a dummy for awhile and learn how your own abilities actually work.
    Edited by ecru on July 30, 2019 8:37AM
    Gryphon Heart
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Ecru, just check out magplar parses on esologs...i just searched them for anyone using sweeps...there's none. are all those templars bad?
    Just do some proper tests and show in a real parse that it's outdamaging ele-weapon (try on target dummy)...not just throwing some numbers.
    Edited by Destruent on July 30, 2019 2:29PM
    Noobplar
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    Muzzick wrote: »
    ecru wrote: »
    Muzzick wrote: »
    ecru wrote: »
    Muzzick wrote: »
    rdnqgilrqbzl.jpg
    ecru wrote: »
    Muzzick wrote: »
    The damage from sweeps is pretty comparable to other skills that are properly weaved.

    PjhvEmB.jpg

    this is not true, it can be weaved about 95% as fast as an ability without a cast time if you're competent. i almost never touch my magplar either so i don't have a ton of experience with the ability. also, jabs is almost 20% of a stamplar's dummy parse.

    All I was saying was that sweeps doesn't vastly outdamage other spammables, which I think weave slightly better

    lol

    the parse wasn't supposed to be indicative of it's damage, i have no idea what gear i was even wearing when i did that. the point was that because it does 40% more damage than most other spammables, it does actually vastly out damage other spammables because it can be weaved nearly as fast.

    Where's the 40% difference? Put on your best gear and see if you do 40% more

    ability a does 40% more damage than ability b
    ability a can be weaved 95% as fast as ability b
    how much more damage does ability a do than ability b?

    well??????????????????????///////////////???????????//////

    lol.

    Prove this with a parse you haven't proved anything
    ecru wrote: »
    ecru wrote: »
    Muzzick wrote: »
    ecru wrote: »
    Muzzick wrote: »
    rdnqgilrqbzl.jpg
    ecru wrote: »
    Muzzick wrote: »
    The damage from sweeps is pretty comparable to other skills that are properly weaved.

    PjhvEmB.jpg

    this is not true, it can be weaved about 95% as fast as an ability without a cast time if you're competent. i almost never touch my magplar either so i don't have a ton of experience with the ability. also, jabs is almost 20% of a stamplar's dummy parse.

    All I was saying was that sweeps doesn't vastly outdamage other spammables, which I think weave slightly better

    lol

    the parse wasn't supposed to be indicative of it's damage, i have no idea what gear i was even wearing when i did that. the point was that because it does 40% more damage than most other spammables, it does actually vastly out damage other spammables because it can be weaved nearly as fast.

    Where's the 40% difference? Put on your best gear and see if you do 40% more

    ability a does 40% more damage than ability b
    ability a can be weaved 95% as fast as ability b
    how much more damage does ability a do than ability b?

    well??????????????????????///////////////???????????//////

    lol.

    post your raid parse lol

    basic math is apparently really hard.

    763 - base damage of ele weapon
    1196 - base damage of puncturing sweep, which is 56% more damage

    i'm sorry that you can't weave the ability properly, but other people can and the fact that you personally (or other people in this thread) need a crutch to stand on to make it work doesn't mean that an ability is bad, it just means that you're bad at using it.

    there are reasons not to use it (like the fact that it's melee, or it's high cost making it difficult to sustain), but if it was ranged, or if it had a lower cost, or if it wasn't a channel (or all three), it would probably have to do about 40% less damage than it does now, like every other spammable in the game.

    sweep/jabs had it's cast time reduced by 100ms and the 200ms delay after casting a channeled ability was removed, making it 300ms faster, with no change in damage. some of you need to go hit a dummy for awhile and learn how your own abilities actually work.

    Lol, you are telling others they can't hit a dummy yet you can't post a parse of your own.

    Let me guess, you're going to reply to this with more mathematics instead of posting a parse.

    watch him come back with a 10 second parse lol.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should also Keep in mind that sweeps have a high potential turn into hot garbage when adds are involved since the adds might block the main Damage and the boss only takes the secondary Damage...
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    Heres one with sweeps:
    https://www.esologs.com/reports/vm1Knf7YGgrdtQ2C#boss=-2&difficulty=0&wipes=2&type=damage-done&source=5

    And heres one with ele weapons and sweeps:
    https://www.esologs.com/reports/VwtgQ4jhG2kJTpXr#boss=-2&difficulty=0&wipes=2&source=1&type=damage-done

    With sweeps, both blazing spear AND blockade of fire did more DPS than sweeps on their own and collectively outperformed sweeps.

    With ele weapon, I think ESO logs doesnt count ele weapon as its own ability? But this parse show 20% of the dmg done was by ele weapon!. ANd they used blazing spears AND blockade of fire, which also outperform sweeps.

    And another of just ele weapon:
    https://www.esologs.com/reports/vKQxbp2M617Jd8Xt#boss=-2&difficulty=0&wipes=2&type=damage-done&source=7

    Seems its does 8k DPS versus 2k for just sweeps (3.4k if you count burning light). The parses show that sweeps is underperforming even with burning light attached lol.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    With ele weapon, I think ESO logs doesnt count ele weapon as its own ability? But this parse show 20% of the dmg done was by ele weapon!.

    eleweapon is under light attack, you have to click the down arrow to see it.

    Elemental Weapon is 4.77% of the damage in this one.

    Puncturing Sweep is 0.95%.

    Elemental Weapon is 6.88% of the damage in this one.

    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on July 30, 2019 3:49PM
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    With ele weapon, I think ESO logs doesnt count ele weapon as its own ability? But this parse show 20% of the dmg done was by ele weapon!.

    eleweapon is under light attack, you have to click the down arrow to see it.

    Elemental Weapon is 4.77% of the damage in this one.

    Puncturing Sweep is 0.95%.

    Elemental Weapon is 6.88% of the damage in this one.
    Thanks!

    I think there's an argument to say that the full total of LA + ele weapon can be counted against sweeps; missa LA, you miss an ele weapon. There is an argument to say sweeps doesnt get burning light added, because you don't miss out on entire dmg of sweeps if sweeps doesnt proc burning light AND the fact most people are using crescent/blazing spear which are more of less the proc skill for burning light in PVE.
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So are Jabs and Sweeps gonna proc major evasion on enemies running Elude(shuffle morph)? If so, then ZoS needs to add the 70% snare to the first jab/sweep just so we can land maybe more then two.
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭
    The fact that every single stam class will now have major evasion should point to sweeps being reworked, a 25% reduction before resistances etc will mean sweeps and jabs will hit like wet noodles - if it even lands!
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it even worth at this point to ask someone (... @Cinbri ) to show detailed data on PTS versus Live (or just against with Evasion versus not with Evasion) the effects of ZOS not making Puncturing Strike and Morphs an exception to this rule?

    As of right now, you have resistances, flat mitigation sets against damage, Major and Minor protection, Major Evasion, Maim to reduce flat damage of Puncturing Strike.
    Next you factor in the other nuances ZOS refuses to fix (and now again purposely reverted!) Snares, CC bugs, LoS issues, Roots and now the targeting camera fix for PS has been reverted to the targeting system that wasn't working for anyone since they made mobility and "faster action with more movement and less standing around" a priority in the gameplay.

    I am not sure what to really expect anymore from ZOS in regard to the Templar Class. Where are they going with it?? What is their end-game with the class?? Are they phasing Beta classes out - this seems most ideal considering they are slowly introducing new classes that are at best reworks of Beta classes. We see patch after patch that new classes are getting things the Beta classes have been asking for for 5 years and massively nerf the Betas into the ground as a compensation...
    Xbox One X - NA
    CP 910+


    ~Mains~
    Jabs Giggity - Stamplar
    Fap to my Sweeps - Magplar
    George W AmBush - Stamblade

    ~Alts~
    I Got Electrolytes - Magsorc
    Rhaegeon - MagDK
    Covetous Shen - Magblade - Master Crafter
    Cream Pie Jewelz - Stamden
Sign In or Register to comment.