Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Puncturing Sweep

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, reading peoples posts who say jabs needs a nerf just makes my head hurt. Offensive spec Templars are far from a majority spec in PvP and Stamina Templars are best described as rare these days. If you’re a complete noob and don’t understand how to play then yes jabs will reck you. So if that’s happening then L2P.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they want to make sweeps/jabs direct damage instead that's fine by me.

Truth is this is the WORST feeling skill in the slightest bit of lag,
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    last time i checked sweep/jabs was the highest damage spammable ability in the entire game

lol

Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Marteene
    Marteene
    ✭✭✭
    ecru wrote: »
    last time i checked sweep/jabs was the highest damage spammable ability in the entire game

lol

Have you ever used elemental weapon, Molten Whip, Surprise Attack, Necro Skull, or force pulse? Lol
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    Jabs on live server is severly punnished by latency. I have many friends that have stop play their stamplar due to the fact that the class defining ability does not even hit the target. Last night on several occassion standing infront of guards 3 rounds of jabs and only 2 jabs landed. I had to light attact the guard to death.

It hits well enough for me even with the poor server performance and when you have your enemy stunned it melts. Templars just love to keep saying this ability is bad when it really isn’t...
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vlad9425 wrote: »
    Jabs on live server is severly punnished by latency. I have many friends that have stop play their stamplar due to the fact that the class defining ability does not even hit the target. Last night on several occassion standing infront of guards 3 rounds of jabs and only 2 jabs landed. I had to light attact the guard to death.

It hits well enough for me even with the poor server performance and when you have your enemy stunned it melts. Templars just love to keep saying this ability is bad when it really isn’t...

With this statement you’re indicating that you don’t play really play templar much at all.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Uh...when the server performance is poor the skill doesn't even fire and/or doesn't do damage... :D
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Don’t be dumb. Think about how the skill works. All those other AoE dots you mentioned can be cast and then other abilities can be used during their duration. Using jabs means you cannot use other abilities while it is being cast. That’s why it’s different.

Also to add that Sweeps/Jabs cannot be Block-casted like other instant abilities that both DKs, Sorcs, NBs and Wardens all can.
    Edited to Add: Also, Sweeps/Jabs is much harder to LA-weave than all other instant-casted skills. Often you are losing significant DPS from Latency bringing your LA-weave well past the GCD, let alone playing Crown Crates with Hit Rate for each Sweep/Jab.
    Puncturing Strikes has 70% snare & proc Burning Light.
    It is very strong, so Punturing Strikes is the best spam skill in PvP.

Yes, the skill has a 70% Snare If hit on the last strike which is measely, considering that 90% of Templars fail to get the final strike unless the target is:
    1. A Potato
    2. Lagging
    3. CC'd and cannot break CC.
    4. Doesn't know to moved out of LOS :D
    Edited by Jabbs_Giggity on July 23, 2019 8:03PM
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I main a nightblade and I hate sweep cause it pulls me out of cloak but it’s not the same as the other powers listed and it should be treated differently. A change would be nerf.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

With this statement you’re indicating that you don’t play really play templar much at all.

I play it enough to understand that my Jabs are hitting people no problem not sure what else you expect me to say.
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    Marteene wrote: »

lol

Have you ever used elemental weapon, Molten Whip, Surprise Attack, Necro Skull, or force pulse? Lol

tooltip warrior he is lol.

Doesnt realize cleave dmg of force pulse is like 10k now and gives 10% status effect for each of the hits. All in, FP is 22000 with one hit versus 16000 with 4 hits of jabs lol.
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »

Uh...when the server performance is poor the skill doesn't even fire and/or doesn't do damage... :D

This issue applies to literally everything though not just Jabs.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You're not understanding what they're trying to say, lag hurts the ability more than most skills in the game because it's channeled, conal, and requires aim.

Another channeled ability like Flurry can be cast on a target and you can run away from them, as long as you are within melee range, the damage still persists. Since Jabs has a weird hitbox, you can los it easily which is highly affected by latency of both players.

Either way, this is a single target channeled ability with a cleave element. It should not be treated as an aoe, it already has enough lowering it's effectiveness, to treat it as 30% weaker than any other spammable would completely destroy what little it has left.. There are many skills in the game zos considers "rule breakers" so this could be one of them for all we know.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You're not understanding what they're trying to say, lag hurts the ability more than most skills in the game because it's channeled, conal, and requires aim.

Another channeled ability like Flurry can be cast on a target and you can run away from them, as long as you are within melee range, the damage still persists. Since Jabs has a weird hitbox, you can los it easily which is highly affected by latency of both players.

Either way, this is a single target channeled ability with a cleave element. It should not be treated as an aoe, it already has enough lowering it's effectiveness, to treat it as 30% weaker than any other spammable would completely destroy what little it has left.. There are many skills in the game zos considers "rule breakers" so this could be one of them for all we know.

What is there to not understand? They're saying they're missing their Jabs / Sweeps due to lag and I'm saying everyone else is missing their abilities due to lag as well.They're trying to make it seem like Jabs / Sweeps is some kind of unreliable ability which is far from the truth since it procs many good passives and deals insane damage especially to builds which aren't using evasion.
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty much what he said. Sweeps should be single target channel like flurry with splash AOE.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Pretty much what he said. Sweeps should be single target channel like flurry with splash AOE.

Sorry, but I didn't see that comment. I can get behind that since flurry performs much better in comparison.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if I'm understanding correctly.

Is this post asking for sweeps/jabs to be dodgable and no longer break cloak?
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It would honestly be the best thing ZOS could do to balance it because although the skill is an AOE, it acts as a single target skill too. Either make it undodgable like other AOEs or make it single target channel with splash AOE as a secondary effect. Either way though, sweeps/jabs should be excluded from being affected by Evasion as one of ZOS's exceptions.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol go play templar prime time and tell me jabs are fine. I switch characters every time it happens, due there is lag on other skills. But im not hiting for 1/4th of my surprise attack, or 1/2 of my clench bc if it.

Not only is there a delay like the other skills, but bc of its nature, lag forces the skill to fail at fully occurring.

Fix lag zos. Oh wait, you can't. Damn.
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It would honestly be the best thing ZOS could do to balance it because although the skill is an AOE, it acts as a single target skill too. Either make it undodgable like other AOEs or make it single target channel with splash AOE as a secondary effect. Either way though, sweeps/jabs should be excluded from being affected by Evasion as one of ZOS's exceptions.

As long as it's affected by evasion it should be undodgable and it should break cloak.

Single target skills that aren't affected by evasion are dodgable and most can't break cloak.

Pros and cons. To request evasion not affect it is to request it become dodgable and not break cloak.

Tough call
    Edited by Royalthought on July 24, 2019 3:39AM
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol

yeah

they all do less damage
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭

lol

yeah

they all do less damage

Not force pulse next patch.
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol

yeah

they all do less damage

force pulse isn't being buffed by over 40% (which is what it would need to do more damage than sweep), so no.

sweep only does 3% less damage than necro blastbones. it's still the highest damage spammable in the game by a substantial amount.
    Edited by ecru on July 26, 2019 3:41AM
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • RiskyChalice863
    RiskyChalice863
    ✭✭✭
    Where are people coming up with the idea that Force Pulse will do more damage than Sweeps? On a single target, the damage isn’t even close on live. Even with an 11% buff to Force Pulse damage, my Magplar on live would be doing about 70% more single target damage with Sweeps than with Force Pulse (without any relevant CP tipping the scales). Even if we assume evasion is on the target, it’s still way more damage.

The new AOE on Force Pulse will now do more damage to other targets than Sweeps does. But that damage is contingent on already being affected by a status effect, and that takes setup to actually make happen (or to be running with teammates who are creating it), especially since Templars don’t actually have a lot of elemental damage in their kit. And it also only affects a max of two other enemies. So in reality, in a large portion of situations, Sweeps will still do more damage to other targets.

Of course, this is all balanced against Sweeps’ downsides. It’s affected by evasion. It’s not long range. Lag can make it a bit wonky. It’s a channel, so you’re more vulnerable. It’s a channel, so you may not land all of it’s damage each time. Because of all that, there’s an argument for using Force Pulse, but it’s not because it does more damage.
  • nsmurfer
    nsmurfer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol

Its true though. Tooltip and DPS wise, Jabs/Sweep beats everything in the game.
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

lol

yeah

they all do less damage

force pulse isn't being buffed by over 40% (which is what it would need to do more damage than sweep), so no.

sweep only does 3% less damage than necro blastbones. it's still the highest damage spammable in the game by a substantial amount.

It's still not used in PvE...instead people use elemental weapon on templar...
    I'm pretty sure it's not, bc people like to do less dps...
    Edited by Destruent on July 26, 2019 4:40PM
    Noobplar
  • Muzzick
    Muzzick
    ✭✭✭✭
    The damage from sweeps is pretty comparable to other skills that are properly weaved.
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Muzzick wrote: »
    The damage from sweeps is pretty comparable to other skills that are properly weaved.

PjhvEmB.jpg

this is not true, it can be weaved about 95% as fast as an ability without a cast time if you're competent. i almost never touch my magplar either so i don't have a ton of experience with the ability. also, jabs is almost 20% of a stamplar's dummy parse.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Muzzick
    Muzzick
    ✭✭✭✭
    rdnqgilrqbzl.jpg
    Muzzick wrote: »

PjhvEmB.jpg

this is not true, it can be weaved about 95% as fast as an ability without a cast time if you're competent. i almost never touch my magplar either so i don't have a ton of experience with the ability. also, jabs is almost 20% of a stamplar's dummy parse.

All I was saying was that sweeps doesn't vastly outdamage other spammables, which I think weave slightly better
    Edited by Muzzick on July 27, 2019 4:18AM
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    actually puncture strike with all their passive are the second best spamable skill after crystal frag especially in pvp.
    feelsweirdman the pretending