Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would you purchase Limited Time Homes/Packs if they were available at all times?

• Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, there are Houses/Furniture I'd love to purchase if I could.
    Vehlir wrote: »
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    Vehlir wrote: »
    sueblue wrote: »
    I wonder if limited time offers have something to do with game performance. Imagine if everything that was ever offered on the crown store is always available. That's a lot of data. :Shrug:

Granted, I'm not a Developer, but I'd be surprised. Afterall, all of the Limited Time Homes can be visited at any time, even if you don't own the homes, you can goto the Map, find them and preview them. So in a sense they are already in the game, just without the Purchasing Interface.

But again, don't take that as certainty, I'm not really sure on this. Interesting point!

Yeah, but presumably that is just the viewing instance(s) of them?

As opposed to multiple, individual, instances full of multiple people's individual furnishing schemes.

Yeah good point, not really sure how it works in that regard. I'd LIKE to think since they are instances, player's versions only load when players are actively in them, but again, not really sure.

Yeah, I'm not sure either.

But, I guess, even if they did, more players would be in their individual homes, furnishing or whatever, at any one time, than would be visiting the show home instances?
  • Strike_Maximus
    Strike_Maximus
    ✭✭✭
    While I do understand the marketing side of this type of thing (that's my field of study) as a player I would be more inclined to buy these things if they were always around it could be something I could work towards buying ect.
    Maybe still have timed seasonal items and homes but some of the other stuff that is not season-specific just makes it always around or swap it around time to time maybe like the lux vendor except furnishing packs or homes.
    PC/NA/DC

CP 810
    Garin Maximus, Breton, Dragonknight, Confused (Crafter)
    Vertalius Maximus, Imperial, Templar, Tank
    Vistilia Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Templar, Healer
    Stormproof - Rowlan Maximus, Breton, Pet Sorc, DPS (MAIN)
    Theottus Maximus, Imperial, Stam night blade, DPS
    Stedus Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Templar, DPS
    Dexion Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Necromancer, DPS
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. Just when I thought ESO polls couldn't be more biased.

Option 3 : No I don't want to buy your stinking furniture.

If furnishings can't be bought with in-game currency, they don't exist to me. I filter them and their existence out of my existence.
  • Opalblade
    Opalblade
    ✭✭✭
    I don't care how "rare" or "limited edition" a house is. If I like it and I can afford it, I buy it. If I don't like it, I won't buy it even if it's the rarest house in the game. There are several houses that I would have bought, but didn't because they were limited edition and happened to only be available when I couldn't afford them.
  • Legate_Lanius
    Legate_Lanius
    ✭✭✭
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Princely_Dawnlight_Palace

They do those limited time sales just to pressure people into buying.
    For people with more self-control, it's simply a real annoyance and it works for other type of items too : hairstyles, mounts, everything pretty much. I simply hate and spit on this store policy where we have registered tons of items and not even half are found daily on the store.... like wtf.
  • Greysson
    Greysson
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem for me with the limited time stuff is: they always come out when i'm short of money.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They do those limited time sales just to pressure people into buying.
    For people with more self-control, it's simply a real annoyance and it works for other type of items too : hairstyles, mounts, everything pretty much.

Exactly. The main reason for limited time offers and removals is that it encourages sales. Some people tend to spend more money when they are in a hurry. Others are afraid of missing out on something.

To them, your mind, and wallet, are a play thing. A toy that reaps rewards in the form of revenue. It is the game that they play while we play ours.
    Edited by Elsonso on July 28, 2019 2:28PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • bayushi2005
    bayushi2005
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would probably make me spend a little more than I already do. There are some furnishing packs which I would gladly buy if they were available. "Limited time only" makes me wait for them to return to the shop while I would rather spend my money NOW. Knowing my luck, I'll be short on gold and money when they finally arrive ;)
    Edited by bayushi2005 on July 28, 2019 3:18PM
  • Xerodom
    Xerodom
    Soul Shriven
    ZOS knows what they're doing, they're intentionally exploiting people's weaknesses for "limited" items.

I was a bit of a whale and they'd get more money off me in the long run if they'd put "limited" items up full time after a certain period has passed but they won't... Now I'll buy linited items with gold, skip crates and only buy crowns for houses. If they'd stop with the shadiness and sell us what we want, they'd have my full business again. Gimme that grotto and the Azura statues, I'll empty my bank account for you, ZOS!
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »
    Wow. Just when I thought ESO polls couldn't be more biased.

Option 3 : No I don't want to buy your stinking furniture.

If furnishings can't be bought with in-game currency, they don't exist to me. I filter them and their existence out of my existence.

If you wouldn't buy them, at any time, then you are not of any relevance in terms of the way they sell them.

They could have provided a third "Not interested." answer for you to agree with, but it would just be put on the "disregard" pile, so what would be the point?

It would be like doing a poll on beer sales and adding a "I don't like beer, so don't buy it." option.

Pointless.

That's not to say that it's not interesting to find out how many people would, or would not, purchase these Crown-only furnishings, in general.

However, it is not relevant to a poll about whether the limited availablility of them (alone) affects the potential sales of them and how many people care about (artificial) exclusivity (i.e. the excuse that is normally given for selling things this way).
    Edited by Tigerseye on July 29, 2019 5:52PM
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Increase my housing item limit...I will buy more.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The biggest problem I see in "Crown Store only" houses is that their price is not justfied in any way. "Premium" houses should have "premium" features, such as higher furniture limit that would allow to decorate them comfortably even without ESO+. Add this and 60+ $ virtual house price would be more or less justifed.