Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would you purchase Limited Time Homes/Packs if they were available at all times?

Vehlir
Vehlir
✭✭✭✭
One of the more particularly frustrating aspects of housing is such a vast amount of it's content being hidden behind the artificial exclusivity of "Limited Time Only". So many of the best Houses & Furniture can't be acquired unless you happened to purchase them during a very limited window. Leaving anyone interested in buying these having to wait months if not years for a rerelease (Which also are still done in extremely small windows). And for what? An artificial sense of achievement? Exclusivity?

I'm happy with my actual House, but there is so many furniture packs I'd gladly pay full price Crowns for, that I just simply can't own because I might have taken a couple weeks break during that time, or been low on Crowns etc.

Now I get the marketing ideology behind this probably dictates "It'll make more people rush to buy crowns so they don't miss out" but I'm curious to see also how many Crowns they are leaving on the table by limiting potential customers & purchase opportunities. What do you guys think?
Edited by Vehlir on July 23, 2019 5:57PM

Would you purchase Limited Time Homes/Packs if they were available at all times? 73 votes

Yes, there are Houses/Furniture I'd love to purchase if I could.
95%
chuck-18_ESOdarthgummibear_ESOPinesyGalenEarrindocalitrumanb14_ESOdcam86b14_ESOVehlirSporvanSantieClawsWembleyOTGstarlizard70ub17_ESOSFxxKANExxDarkhorse1975SilentFox22CloudtraderOlauronbayushi2005CaffeinatedMayhemNolaArch 70 votes
No, their appeal to me is in the Exclusivity & Bragging Rights I get from buying during a Limited Time.
4%
PuzzlenutsStarlight_Knightredlink1979 3 votes
  • HiLyfe808
    HiLyfe808
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't seen the azura pack since they released it. So yes i would buy multiple even if they we're available all the time.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The answer seems as obvious as it is meaningless.

First of all, the obvious part. If a player is willing to buy it when it is limited time only then they would it if it was not limited time. Your poll fails to try to address that which is why the results are meaningless.

You also seem to clue into the marketing strategy so you understand that the marketing people are not going to care about this thread. They know for a fact that they sell more crown packs at full price due to the limited time availability of some items as not everyone bulks up on crowns when they are on sale.

No getting into anything personal with the OP. Just pointing out nothing will come of this poll for very logical reasons.

Edit: also, the poll itself it intentionally biased which is probably because the OP is aware of the issues I brought up here. I expect this is just all for a little humor.
    Edited by idk on July 23, 2019 6:05PM
  • Vehlir
    Vehlir
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

First of all, the obvious part. If a player is willing to buy it when it is limited time only then they would it if it was not limited time. Your poll fails to try to address that which is why the results are meaningless.

Unfortunately not quite, a bit off the mark here, and that very thing is addressed in the 2nd option of the Poll.

Do you find value in the actual item itself, or are you attracted by the Exclusivity & "Rareness" of the item. I know people in my guild who likes certain things SPECIFICALLY because they are rare & not owned by many. That "Rareness" value obviously would be non existent if it was easily available at all times, and influences decisions.

So no, not everyone who has purchased it during Limited circumstances guarantees they would purchase it during any circumstance. That's kind of the entire focus of the poll.

No getting into anything personal with the OP.

Ofc not, discussion is always welcome.
    Edited by Vehlir on July 23, 2019 7:13PM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't matter what I would do. It only matters that ZOS is fully aware that limited time offers push this little button inside our heads that says "that thing is timed and exclusive. I need to have it." Take away that timed exclusive nature and sales actually go down on items like that. ZOS knows this and markets things to us accordingly.

The smartest people working in the company are in the marketing department for good reason.
  • Vehlir
    Vehlir
    ✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't matter what I would do. It only matters that ZOS is fully aware that limited time offers push this little button inside our heads that says "that thing is timed and exclusive. I need to have it." Take away that timed exclusive nature and sales actually go down on items like that. ZOS knows this and markets things to us accordingly.

The smartest people working in the company are in the marketing department for good reason.

Yup, something that is acknowledged in the last paragraph of the OP.

It may seem futile, but it's also worth nothing absolutely nothing is lost discussing the topic or giving your opinion on the matter.

Whether you take them for their word or not is an entirely different matter, but ZoS claims to constantly read the forums & gauge feedback. No harm discussing something you may or may not be a fan of. Also looking to gauge how many people value the "Rareness" of exclusive items & something they actually like and if THAT influences their purchase.

One idea I often wondered is, if they released these Furniture Packs, but during the Limited Time, it seen a small like 15%-25% Discount and after that window it was marked back up to Regular Price, would the sales be comparable to Limited Time Availability?

You COULD get that rush of people who feel the need to buy it now to save crowns, while also opening up the opportunity for sales all year long later. Or would it still infinitely less profitable, would the profit discrepancy be too high? And if the discrepancy between the two profit margins isn't that high, would it be worth it to be a little more consumer friendly?

Not sure. Thoughts?

Edited by Vehlir on July 23, 2019 7:31PM
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yes
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm honestly not sure about that. I've always held the opinion that limiting the pool of purchasable items hurts their sales more than it helps. And here is why.

- Putting a timer on an item won't automatically make it appealing. There have been countless limited time pets in the Crown Store for example. I purchased exactly zero of them because I don't care for pets. Did the limited time offer of the Sparkling Golden Pony sway people to buy it? Perhaps, but most of these buyers would have bought the pony anyway because they like it. And for every indecisive buyer that was swayed during that 4-day promotion window, there have been dozens of new players in the following months that wish they could spend money on the pony but can't.

- The number of people who would buy a no-longer-available item will always be greater than the number of people willing and able to buy the specific limited time item at the right time. Players at any given time have acces to only like 8% of the game's mounts/pets/costumes/etc. What are the chances that the items that they would buy are among this current limited 8% vs. among all the 92% unavailable items? Every month, the profit that ZOS make from their handful of limited time offers is dwarved by the profit they could have made if all the unavailable items were purchasable by anybody who wanted them.

- Not only do players lose out on the majority on the items they would happily spend money on, the products themselves lose out on a majority of their target audience. Of the total number of people who would buy that pet, what percentage will be online during those 4-day limited time window? And how many of them will have the crowns to buy it during that limited time? People would want to buy items now, nothing ensures they will still want to buy the item when it returns 6 months later; or even if that player will still play the game at that point.

- It tires to profit from the 'limited time offer buy now' sales, but entirely loses out on the profit from impulse purchases. There's a huge pool of shinies that people could point to and go 'ooh I want one, I want that one'... except they can't act on that impulse. If the Erstwhile Sanctuary had been available a few months ago, I would have bought it immediately because I was in the mood for a Dark Brotherhood vampire home. I couldn't buy it, so I made do with Velothi Reverie as a substitute. By the time the limited time house was offered for sale, I was no longer interested. People are often 'in the mood' for something and want would act on their excitement immediately - but not half a year later, so that's a loss of sales.

The way I see it, there are 4 groups:
    1) Players who won't buy the item, no matter whether it's limited or not
    2) Players who wouldn't buy the item normally, but will suddenly buy the item if it's 'limited'
    3) Players who will buy the limited item, but would have bought it even if it was regularly available
    4) Players who would have bought the item, but can't because they missed the 4 days during which it was offered.

ZOS's policy suggests that they think the purchases made by group 2 somehow make up for or exceed group number 4. But to that, I say lmao hell no :lol:They'd make a lot more money if their items were available at the normal high price all year round, with the 'limited time offers' being the discounts that they put on them. That way people could act on their impulses, have a far greater pool of potential purchases, and there would still be that 'don't-miss-out' offer which may persuade indecisive buyers to get the item during the limited discount windows.
    Edited by bluebird on July 23, 2019 8:07PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not all that interested in Crown houses and Crown furniture, whether limited time or not. Free is something different, though. I'll take free.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having it for a limited time sales actually makes me not buy it.

When I first saw Linchal Grand Manor I fell in love. But, at that ridiculous cost, I refused to buy it and plan on getting a manor by solely saving + crowns.

However, if Linchal Grand Manor was in the crown store 24/7 - it would be way too tempting and I may have brought the 3000 crown pack just to have enough.

Although, I’m happy for this outcome as I’ll save and wait for the Cyrodil expansion manor
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vehlir wrote: »

Unfortunately not quite, a bit off the mark here, and that very thing is addressed in the 2nd option of the Poll.

Do you find value in the actual item itself, or are you attracted by the Exclusivity & "Rareness" of the item. I know people in my guild who likes certain things SPECIFICALLY because they are rare & not owned by many. That "Rareness" value obviously would be non existent if it was easily available at all times, and influences decisions.

So no, not everyone who has purchased it during Limited circumstances guarantees they would purchase it during any circumstance. That's kind of the entire focus of the poll.

You are making a false assumption that people who buy limited time houses would only buy them because they are limited time. As a result the poll is meaningless even on the terms of entertainment value and that does not even get into how the entire thing is clearly designed to be biased.

My comments were very accurate, including the part you edited out.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You are making a false assumption that people who buy limited time houses would only buy them because they are limited time. As a result the poll is meaningless even on the terms of entertainment value and that does not even get into how the entire thing is clearly designed to be biased. My comments were very accurate, including the part you edited out.
    He isn't assuming that. His poll directly proves he isn't :smile: His first poll option is that 'I would still buy the limited time houses even if they weren't limited time.' And the other option is 'I wouldn't buy limited time items if they were common because I only want them if they are rare'.

So you misunderstood the point of the post. He's trying to find out whether there is a group of people who only buy the limited time offers because they're limited time, as opposed to people who would buy them whether or not they are limited. And your initial claim was indeed incorrect because 'If a player is willing to buy it when it is limited time only, then they would it if it was not limited time' is not a certainty. As evidenced by the guy who voted that he does care about the exclusivity of the items so much that he wouldn't buy the items if they were common. And that's what the poll is about.
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No : they're way too expensive
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • Vehlir
    Vehlir
    ✭✭✭✭

You are making a false assumption that people who buy limited time houses would only buy them because they are limited time. As a result the poll is meaningless even on the terms of entertainment value and that does not even get into how the entire thing is clearly designed to be biased.

My comments were very accurate, including the part you edited out.

It doesn't in the slightest imply that EVERYONE who buys limited time Houses ONLY buys them because they are limited time.. Nothing in the text implies that nor do any of the Poll options.

What I did was refute your incorrect claim that everyone who buys them when limited would also be guaranteed to buy them under any circumstance by providing a mindset that SOME people follow. I provided a scenario, not a rule.Not sure why or how you interpreted that way.

And thankfully it was refutation that has been backed as we already have a Voter who voted under "No, I wouldn't purchase because I value the Exclusivity".
    Edited by Vehlir on July 24, 2019 2:49AM
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If I were to purchase a limited time home again, it would be nice if they were on sale and available at the time I wanted it, but I don't think I will do that again. However, FURNISHING PACKS I want on sale because they can be gifted to me for gold, and I have lots of that.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »

You are making a false assumption that people who buy limited time houses would only buy them because they are limited time. As a result the poll is meaningless even on the terms of entertainment value and that does not even get into how the entire thing is clearly designed to be biased. My comments were very accurate, including the part you edited out.
    He isn't assuming that. His poll directly proves he isn't :smile: His first poll option is that 'I would still buy the limited time houses even if they weren't limited time.' And the other option is 'I wouldn't buy limited time items if they were common because I only want them if they are rare'.

So you misunderstood the point of the post. He's trying to find out whether there is a group of people who only buy the limited time offers because they're limited time, as opposed to people who would buy them whether or not they are limited. And your initial claim was indeed incorrect because 'If a player is willing to buy it when it is limited time only, then they would it if it was not limited time' is not a certainty. As evidenced by the guy who voted that he does care about the exclusivity of the items so much that he wouldn't buy the items if they were common. And that's what the poll is about.

Huh? Your characterization is incorrect and my points are very valid.

First off the second reply, that someone would only buy the home as a limited time option does not capture everyone who purchases a limited time home. More so, those that actually purchase the limited time homes could care less about a pointless poll. Considering the limited interest shown during the first 24 hours it does not seem many are concerned. That is even with my posts and replies only concerning my posts making up more than 2/3s of this thread.

Second, and most important is it does not even attempt to capture the most important information and that is how many crown packs are sold at full price due to the limited time availability. That is what is most important to Zos and you ignore completely. I think it is pretty obvious Zos might sell some more of the limited time items but that does not mean they receive more revenue form those sales.
    Edited by idk on July 24, 2019 2:26PM
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love the Azura and Mephala and Dwarven and second Murkmire packs if they ever decided to bring them back... missed out on those.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

First off the second reply, that someone would only buy the home as a limited time option does not capture everyone who purchases a limited time home.
    Yes, we know. :lol: It isn't supposed to capure everyone who purchases a limited time home! If the second reply captured all people who buy LTOs, what would the first reply be - people who don't buy LTOs? No! Lol. The first reply is people who buy or would buy LTOs happily if they were available at all times, and the second reply is people who wouldn't buy LTOs if they weren't limited. Read the poll title and the replies again please, it's obvious what OP means, and everybody else seems to have no problem understanding it.
    More so, those that actually purchase the limited time homes could care less about a pointless poll. Considering the limited interest shown during the first 24 hours it does not seem many are concerned. That is even with my posts and replies only concerning my posts making up more than 2/3s of this thread.
    We already explained to you that people who actually purchase the limited time homes are in the poll, they are the first reply :lol: Yes I purchase limited time homes and I would still purchase them even if they were available at all times. First reply, boom, there I go. Would I purchase the Azura furniture pack if it was available at all times? Yes, because I like it; first reply there I go. People who actually purchase the limited time homes but wouldn't buy them if they were just in the store at all times are also represented, they are reply number two. And that's the only difference that the poll seeks to find out.

Second, just because you don't understand the poll, doesn't mean that the poll is somehow irrelevant. Welcome to the housing forum by the way, you must be new, getting 24 votes and several comments in one day is quite good considering how little activity there is on this subforum (feel free to look at the counters next to the other housing threads). And perhaps if you didn't continuously insist that you are right - even after people repeatedly explain the poll to you and even though everybody else has no issues with comprehending the question - then the thread wouldn't be clogged up with your replies :smile:.
    Second, and most important is it does not even attempt to capture the most important information and that is how many crown packs are sold at full price due to the limited time availability.
    That's the most important in your opinion, but it isn't what this poll is about. You could find out in a different poll like
    'If you see a limited time offer that you want but have no crowns, you...
    a) ... buy crown packs at full price immediately, I don't want to miss out!
    b) ... become sad because I can't just spend 100 bucks on crown packs out of the blue so I miss out on the limited time offer even though I would have bought the item if it was available when I get my paycheck
    c) ... I buy crown packs every month for items I like whether they are limited or not
    d) ... I only buy crowns during crown sales, and I buy them in bulk so I don't run out, therefore limited time offers have no impact on my crownpack purchases'

You can find out about people's crown purchasing habits in a different poll. This poll is about finding out 'how many LTOs are sold due to being limited time' vs 'how many LTOs are sold despite being limited time and how many LTOs would be sold if they weren't limited time'. And just as a side note, people buying crown packs at full price is not mutually exclusive with items being available in the store for longer. If they add some Khajiit racial costumes to the Crown Store, even if they stay there permanently, I'm going to purchase them when Elsweyr comes out and I'm leveling my new Khajiit character, not six months later when they do a crown sale.
  • Vehlir
    Vehlir
    ✭✭✭✭
    First off the second reply, that someone would only buy the home as a limited time option does not capture everyone who purchases a limited time home.

Yes. That is what the 1st Poll Option would give them.

1) Yes there are things they would purchase if they could. This can include people who have, or haven't already purchased limited time purchases in the past. I'm not sure why you are applying some ruleset to this option that hasn't been described to this. I have purchased Limited Time purchases and fit into this category. So yes, it does leave a place for those who have purchased Limited Time things, and DON'T value exclusivity.
    More so, those that actually purchase the limited time homes could care less about a pointless poll. .

As you had your first point of " If a player is willing to buy it when it is limited time only then they would it if it was not limited time." successfully refuted already, the lesson here should be it's incorrect to apply some universal rule that applies to literally everyone who buys these. Buyers are vast, and are of many multiple mindsets. So statements like "More so, those that actually purchase the limited time homes could care less about a pointless poll." are not only not backed by any fact other then your "Gut" but easy to refute. I personally am the refutation of this statement.

I have purchased limited time furniture packs, and obviously I still care, because I'm the one who made this entire poll lol. So yes, we do now know that people who actually purchase limited time purchases CAN care about this post.
    Considering the limited interest shown during the first 24 hours it does not seem many are concerned.

The poll has had a steady stream of interaction with 25 votes. And even if it doesn't acquire millions of views, and shakes the game to it's core.....IT'S OK! Not every discussion needs to be a gamebreaking event that changes the face of reality. I'm going to ask for a little bit of discipline in actually discussing the TOPIC of the poll, rather then how many views it has or how popular it gets, the two things are not correlated, and only serves to further derail the thread.
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reading the question....

... indeed, logic is not everyone's strength.
    Edited by Adernath on July 24, 2019 5:29PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, we know. :lol: It isn't supposed to capure everyone who purchases a limited time home! If the second reply captured all people who buy LTOs, what would the first reply be - people who don't buy LTOs? No! Lol. The first reply is people who buy or would buy LTOs happily if they were available at all times, and the second reply is people who wouldn't buy LTOs if they weren't limited. Read the poll title and the replies again please, it's obvious what OP means, and everybody else seems to have no problem understanding it.
    More so, those that actually purchase the limited time homes could care less about a pointless poll. Considering the limited interest shown during the first 24 hours it does not seem many are concerned. That is even with my posts and replies only concerning my posts making up more than 2/3s of this thread.
    We already explained to you that people who actually purchase the limited time homes are in the poll, they are the first reply :lol: Yes I purchase limited time homes and I would still purchase them even if they were available at all times. First reply, boom, there I go. Would I purchase the Azura furniture pack if it was available at all times? Yes, because I like it; first reply there I go. People who actually purchase the limited time homes but wouldn't buy them if they were just in the store at all times are also represented, they are reply number two. And that's the only difference that the poll seeks to find out.

Second, just because you don't understand the poll, doesn't mean that the poll is somehow irrelevant. Welcome to the housing forum by the way, you must be new, getting 24 votes and several comments in one day is quite good considering how little activity there is on this subforum (feel free to look at the counters next to the other housing threads). And perhaps if you didn't continuously insist that you are right - even after people repeatedly explain the poll to you and even though everybody else has no issues with comprehending the question - then the thread wouldn't be clogged up with your replies :smile:.
    Second, and most important is it does not even attempt to capture the most important information and that is how many crown packs are sold at full price due to the limited time availability.
    That's the most important in your opinion, but it isn't what this poll is about. You could find out in a different poll like
    'If you see a limited time offer that you want but have no crowns, you...
    a) ... buy crown packs at full price immediately, I don't want to miss out!
    b) ... become sad because I can't just spend 100 bucks on crown packs out of the blue so I miss out on the limited time offer even though I would have bought the item if it was available when I get my paycheck
    c) ... I buy crown packs every month for items I like whether they are limited or not
    d) ... I only buy crowns during crown sales, and I buy them in bulk so I don't run out, therefore limited time offers have no impact on my crownpack purchases'

You can find out about people's crown purchasing habits in a different poll. This poll is about finding out 'how many LTOs are sold due to being limited time' vs 'how many LTOs are sold despite being limited time and how many LTOs would be sold if they weren't limited time'. And just as a side note, people buying crown packs at full price is not mutually exclusive with items being available in the store for longer. If they add some Khajiit racial costumes to the Crown Store, even if they stay there permanently, I'm going to purchase them when Elsweyr comes out and I'm leveling my new Khajiit character, not six months later when they do a crown sale.

1. You still seem to miss the weakness of the poll by design. You even fail to notice there is no option for some critical points that would be required for the poll to have even the slightest meaning
    2. You have not even tried to explain the extremely light interest in this poll and thread and you still have not unless you are saying this issue is not important to most forum goers. 25 votes in a period of a day is extremely light. Heck, the threads seems it would have died out if it was not for almost half the posts either from me or directly concerning me. You are welcome for keeping this thread bumped.
    3. Without addressing that the poll has no value beyond mild entertainment. Zos certainly would not give the results of the poll a second thought because they have the more important and statistically significant information.

Edit: But digress. I do not see any merit to replying in this thread again so I wish all of you a good day.
    Edited by idk on July 24, 2019 5:51PM
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1. You still seem to miss the weakness of the poll by design. You even fail to notice there is no option for some critical points that would be required for the poll to have even the slightest meaning
    2. You have not even tried to explain the extremely light interest in this poll and thread and you still have not unless you are saying this issue is not important to most forum goers. 25 votes in a period of a day is extremely light. Heck, the threads seems it would have died out if it was not for almost half the posts either from me or directly concerning me. You are welcome for keeping this thread bumped.
    3. Without addressing that the poll has no value beyond mild entertainment. Zos certainly would not give the results of the poll a second thought because they have the more important and statistically significant information.3.

Edit: But digress. I do not see any merit to replying in this thread again so I wish all of you a good day.
    No, a forum poll doesn't have to be a multifactorial analysis that can be presented to ZOS shareholders, in order to be valid. OP's poll is perfectly justified in its existence and it addresses the specific topic that it seeks to ask about (how many buyers would prefer LTOs to remain limited time vs how many would want them to be more commonly available).

The responses this thread gets in the housing forum (where all threads get light responses) is not a reflection on OP's post, and suggesting that is ignorant. So it is rather pointless of you to attempt to discredit this poll merely because you failed to understand its purpose.

Besides, ZOS can't have statistical information about something they never observed. How many people bought the Azura pack when it was commonly available compared to how many people bought it when it was sold for 4 days - oh wait that's right there is no way of knowing how many times they could have sold it since they removed it because they never tried to keep in the store :lol: If only there was a way to ask customers about their preference... like a poll maybe.

You also didn't contribute any critical points, because your assertions have been disproven (no, buying a limited time offer does not guarantee that the person would still buy the item if it was commonly available; and yes people who buy limited time offers are absolutely represented in this poll; and no the second reply isn't trying to cover everybody who bought those limited time offers). You should spend more time amending your mistakes, rather than coming up with fabricated issues to hold against OP's post.

So thanks for your last sentence, because leaving is indeed the best thing you can do, we all agree on that :smile:
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don't make me take back my comment about people in the housing community being awesome and supportive.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if limited time offers have something to do with game performance. Imagine if everything that was ever offered on the crown store is always available. That's a lot of data. :Shrug:
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In a hot second. Few things frustrate me more with the crown store than limited items. ZOS doesn't seem to understand the concept of pay schedule and budgets. If I'm *going* to have the money for a limited item when our bimonthly paycheck comes in, then it's not a matter of "can't afford, don't want", it's a matter of "I'm missing this by 2 days" or whatever happens when they happen to release a limited between pay schedules. I am not about to save my entire entertainment budget JUST IN CASE they release something I want. That's not happening, ZOS does not get to bogart my whole entertainment budget on supposition. But if they release something I want and I *have* the money, I will indeed spend my entire entertainment allotment on it. If they take it away before that money is in my hand, they've screwed themselves, and that's why I don't understand the point of this system. If I don't have the money yet, putting a timer on something can't influence me to buy it. In fact, I just get discouraged and stop looking at the crown store ads. But if they left these things in the store then hell yes I would buy them as soon as I have the cash in my hot little hand, instead of getting the cash right after they yanked a limited item.

TL;DR I'm going to spend the money I have on whoever has the item I want when I get the money. My money is not omnipresent, it has a schedule of coming in. Bad timing on ZOS's part cheats both of us.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, their appeal to me is in the Exclusivity & Bragging Rights I get from buying during a Limited Time.
    Just a matter of personal taste. I don't like the majority of things I've seen so far as "limited time" items
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Vehlir
    Vehlir
    ✭✭✭✭
    sueblue wrote: »
    I wonder if limited time offers have something to do with game performance. Imagine if everything that was ever offered on the crown store is always available. That's a lot of data. :Shrug:

Granted, I'm not a Developer, but I'd be surprised. Afterall, all of the Limited Time Homes can be visited at any time, even if you don't own the homes, you can goto the Map, find them and preview them. So in a sense they are already in the game, just without the Purchasing Interface.

But again, don't take that as certainty, I'm not really sure on this. Interesting point!
    Edited by Vehlir on July 26, 2019 3:54PM
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I just need CWC bundle with Sotha Sil statue
    :(
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just a matter of personal taste. I don't like the majority of things I've seen so far as "limited time" items

Then, technically, neither answer applies to you, I guess?
    Edited by Tigerseye on July 27, 2019 1:35AM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Granted, I'm not a Developer, but I'd be surprised. Afterall, all of the Limited Time Homes can be visited at any time, even if you don't own the homes, you can goto the Map, find them and preview them. So in a sense they are already in the game, just without the Purchasing Interface.

But again, don't take that as certainty, I'm not really sure on this. Interesting point!

Yeah, but presumably that is just the viewing instance(s) of them?

As opposed to multiple, individual, instances full of multiple people's individual furnishing schemes.
  • Vehlir
    Vehlir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »

Yeah, but presumably that is just the viewing instance(s) of them?

As opposed to multiple, individual, instances full of multiple people's individual furnishing schemes.

Yeah good point, not really sure how it works in that regard. I'd LIKE to think since they are instances, player's versions only load when players are actively in them, but again, not really sure.