The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you care about which faction is winning the campaign?

• Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ahtu wrote: »
    Yes I care about which faction is winning the campaign. In regards to the screenshot posted of the map being yellow during off hours, I can't help but wonder how much Volendrung contributes to this imbalance. I plan to investigate early in the mornings on the weekends to see exactly what's happening during these times.

The guilds that paint the map one color have been doing it for years. They love PvDooring. I don't want to name and shame them, but you already know who they are if you play in PC NA. Don't tell them their guild is a PvDoor one or they will get extremely mad, even though its the truth... Maybe they might post a video to prove that they are "good," but it wouldn't matter because everyone should know by now that all media is a production :D

Oops, hope I don't attract any one of their attention! Uhh yeah, that guild that does that is the PROEST guild in the world!
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bosov wrote: »
    I like it when people who care about a campaign lose.

The people who get up early to paint the whole map one color amd ruin pvp because of that. It is funny if they after 30 days of zerging and playing the map still lose.

Nice thought, except that's what wins campaigns., Pretty hard to lose a campaign if you are getting max points for 6-7 hours a day.

Plus, it's a global game.
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id kill everyone if I had the chance. Im an OW PKer from Asherons Call.

Which was the pinnacle of old school PvP. There was nothing better.

• LoreToo
    LoreToo
    ✭✭✭
    To the point of if you didn't care you wouldn't be here.
    This is quite simply false.

Asking if people care is an extremely simple question. I honestly don't understand why some posters have such a hard time with the point.

Well, this question is all about time. Currently ppl wont care cause of many things like rewards, morning/night caps, Volendrung abuse ect. If the question will be "do you care when we fix all this pain points...?" the answer will be "may be yes"/"yes".
    However if you asked same 1,5-2 years ago the answer would be "yes", cause there was less lag, more compet players
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bakermir wrote: »
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    bakermir wrote: »
    I used to care, when I was a NOVICE player new to cyrodiil, and then I find out, Cyrodiil is NOT faction versus faction, it's ego players with glitched gold gear grinding/farming alliance points without regards to map or alliance objectives.
    Easiest way to make cyrodiil an alliance war, is to REMOVE alliance point rewards for killing enemy players and only grant rewards for capturing strategic objectives.
    All these players want is to have a bear pit with endless enemy players, so Game designers, give them a battle ground that's just a free for all deathmatch with 1,000 players.
    Those of us who want to do alliance vs alliance will AVOID the arena and enjoy Cyrodil.

What did I just read?

Truth. Half the players in a campaign only care about AP, not the map.

Anything that rewards AP in Cyrodiil contributes to the factions on the map.

I don't know what you mean by this, but a campaign mode based around total AP gained by a faction instead of keep scoring would be very interesting.
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sounds like my own self. I still have my own self. But people don't really are about campaign. Maybe just not my 40+ (more or less) pleas of help for campaign balance. (in your case winning the campaign. In turn is mostly the same as mine) I also taking breaks on forum. (again balance and no one cares about mine. I do care for yours though :) but as long there is mostly same amount on all 3 sides (give or take) than no really care for score (yet I truly care about score to, just trying to hide the feeling) (take for us EP in my campaign. We reds always wins. (Sorry, Red Zerglings; guild, I know you reading this and please not kick me out.) (yes I do care about score, due to us EP. But Guild treat s me as one of there own)
    Edited by Serjustin19 on July 26, 2019 1:47AM
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Mayorz
    Mayorz
    ✭✭✭
    No
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    The funny part is how these night cappers get their butts handed to them on the weekends when people are actually defending keeps. We will continue to fight them on the weekends and keep handing their butts to them for as long as they want to night cap. Bring it on you yellow-bellies.
    Edited by Ahtu on July 26, 2019 2:22PM
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice thought, except that's what wins campaigns., Pretty hard to lose a campaign if you are getting max points for 6-7 hours a day.

Plus, it's a global game.

The point is that rolling empty maps against nobody shouldn't win campaigns, and stacking one faction while the other two are offline should not be rewarded.

The game is global, yet most of the current "nightcapping" on PC/NA/Kaal is being driven by an NA-based guild of mostly NA players who are awake at night, ultimately punishing off-peak players on either underdog faction the most.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The irony.
    Pvdooring and zerging are the best ways to attract and maintain new players. It also makes the game significantly less laggy. You should try it sometime!
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • ks888
    ks888
    ✭✭✭✭
    #deletefactionlocksalready
    DC NA - Norri - Khole RIP - [Mostly Outnumbered]** I have too many toons **RIP every alt I deleted - where am I? what year is it?
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cant flip over to finish on the winning side.. outrageous, I'll continue to spout on about how great my alliance is and how loyal I am however when it comes down to it they mean nothing to me..

Edited by BRogueNZ on August 4, 2019 5:47PM
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BRogueNZ wrote: »
    cant flip over to finish on the underpopulated side.. outrageous, I'll continue to get peeved off about how crappy these locks are because loyalty means nothing in a system that rewards who takes the most when the server is quiet and how loyalty means bugger all due to this.
    FIFY

For every player that flipps over to the winning side, there are players that swap to the underdog.

Guess who makes the awesome 1vx montage vids....

Players that swap to win are literally free ap. Stop trying to use this as an argument.
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop lecturing me on loyalty.

You didn't pay for my game and you're not paying for MY eso +.
    Locks or no locks, I play how I WANT.

You're all just making me hate you for ruining Oceanic playtime. Kudos.......
    Edited by ellahellabella on August 4, 2019 8:40PM

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cant flip over to finish on the underpopulated side.. outrageous, I'll continue to get peeved off about how crappy these locks are because loyalty means nothing in a system that rewards who takes the most when the server is quiet and how loyalty means bugger all due to this.
    FIFY

For every player that flipps over to the winning side, there are players that swap to the underdog.

Players that swap to win are literally free ap. Stop trying to use this as an argument.

Normally hacks with their fan club in tow, whats that got to do with the price of fish, please at least have an argument
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FIFY

Normally hacks with their fan club in tow, whats that got to do with the price of fish, please at least have an argument

Yeah let my whole fan group of 1 go in tow.
    Or.... perhaps these locks are loathed by more than a few poeple and the world doesn't rotate around your own social circle?

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact

Aldmeri Dominion

Daggerfall Covernant
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its important for me, at least because i play this game because of its lore.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FIFY

Or.... perhaps these locks are loathed by more than a few poeple and the world doesn't rotate around your own social circle?

Think you might
    FIFY

So a probably a sorc? and you and the minority think that a campaign team game should be based on the opinion of solo players. gotcha
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The funny part is how these night cappers get their butts handed to them on the weekends when people are actually defending keeps. We will continue to fight them on the weekends and keep handing their butts to them for as long as they want to night cap. Bring it on you yellow-bellies.

Maybe all the faction loyalists and amazeballs players like yourself should set your alarm and just awesome all over the map.
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FIFY

Think you might
    FIFY

So a probably a sorc? and you and the minority think that a campaign team game should be based on the opinion of solo players. gotcha

I was replying to last silly comment. "Hacks with their fanclub in tow?" I'm still faceplaming.
    FIFY

And no, I haven't mained Mag sorc for over 4 campaigns. Got bored of pet sorc pretty fast.
    Edited by ellahellabella on August 5, 2019 4:50AM

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact

Aldmeri Dominion

Daggerfall Covernant
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe all the faction loyalists and amazeballs players like yourself should set your alarm and just awesome all over the map.

Please don't give him any ideas. I implore you

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact

Aldmeri Dominion

Daggerfall Covernant
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FIFY

[Citation needed]

In my experience, people in general are lazy, and lazy people will flip to the dominant faction, because it’s easier to get AP by joining the zerg than it is to flip to the underdog and fight outnumbered.

If that’s not you, congratulations! You’re not part of the problem, and faction locks are unfair to you. You have my sympathy, but I firmly believe you have been, and always will be, in the minority.
  • Zevrro
    Zevrro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    FIFY

[Citation needed]

In my experience, people in general are lazy, and lazy people will flip to the dominant faction, because it’s easier to get AP by joining the zerg than it is to flip to the underdog and fight outnumbered.

If that’s not you, congratulations! You’re not part of the problem, and faction locks are unfair to you. You have my sympathy, but I firmly believe you have been, and always will be, in the minority.

The lazy players that you are describing who switch to the most populated alliance probably aren't very skilled in pvp otherwise being the dominant faction all the time would annoy them. They're most likely just there for the AP and don't really know what they're doing making them basically free kills.

Players who want to play whichever side is winning are probably making almost no difference to fights compared to the players who switch to the underdog alliance which is why I believe that faction locking players has the opposite effect to what people want it to do.
    @Zevrro PC-EU
    CP 1200+
    Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan
    Magicka Nightblade

AD | Zevrro
    | Magicka Nightblade | AR43 |
    AD | Zevrro II | Magicka Nightblade | AR50 | 09-02-2019 |
    DC | Not Zevrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR33 |
    EP | Ževrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR14 |
    Other PvP Characters
    AD | Zevrro VII | Stamina Warden | AR33 |
    AD | Zevrro XII | Magicka Warden | AR22 |
    DC | Not Zevrro II | Magicka Warden | AR14 |
    DC | Necrotic Zevrro | Magicka Necromancer | AR17 |
    EP | Real-Skyice | Stamina Warden | AR10 |

>156m AP
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like to win at everything I do plus the end of campaign rewards are better. So yes it mattered to me. Saying that in zone chat will end in you being roasted though..
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zevrro wrote: »
    FIFY

[Citation needed]

The lazy players that you are describing who switch to the most populated alliance probably aren't very skilled in pvp otherwise being the dominant faction all the time would annoy them. They're most likely just there for the AP and don't really know what they're doing making them basically free kills.

Players who want to play whichever side is winning are probably making almost no difference to fights compared to the players who switch to the underdog alliance which is why I believe that faction locking players has the opposite effect to what people want it to do.

Except that they greatly outnumber the people that flip to the underdog.
  • Zevrro
    Zevrro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zevrro wrote: »
    FIFY

[Citation needed]

Except that they greatly outnumber the people that flip to the underdog.

I'm not sure that they do. In my experience the players who care most about which alliance is winning are more likely to be loyal to one alliance and refuse to switch no matter what.
    @Zevrro PC-EU
    CP 1200+
    Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan
    Magicka Nightblade

AD | Zevrro
    | Magicka Nightblade | AR43 |
    AD | Zevrro II | Magicka Nightblade | AR50 | 09-02-2019 |
    DC | Not Zevrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR33 |
    EP | Ževrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR14 |
    Other PvP Characters
    AD | Zevrro VII | Stamina Warden | AR33 |
    AD | Zevrro XII | Magicka Warden | AR22 |
    DC | Not Zevrro II | Magicka Warden | AR14 |
    DC | Necrotic Zevrro | Magicka Necromancer | AR17 |
    EP | Real-Skyice | Stamina Warden | AR10 |

>156m AP
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to until my faction turned into political crazy ppl.
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely. I mean, a little chaotic hari kari and senseless tower farming now and again is fine, but for me I enjoy playing the map and doing my best to ensure AD comes out ahead. I've also never felt the need to prove myself as a leet pvper, so 1v1s, tower farming, 1vXing just to say I can is just not my jam. I'm content being an average scrub. :P
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez