Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Weekend PVP is becoming as bad as weekday PVP

zyk
zyk
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I would say most activity now is from PVE groups zerging down practically undefended keeps. This usually happens twice -- once when the attackers take another faction's keep and again when it is reclaimed by its faction.

Cyrodiill has become just another PVE grind zone for the most part.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler Please help save your game.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as they keep introducing skills and sets that heavily favor massive groups (AOE attacks, snares, heals), and provide no incentive to not do so, PvP will be like this. Only a small handful of people care to learn how to PvP and the rest just want to zerg for a couple of hours, and there’s no reason beyond personal preference to do otherwise. The Necro class shows they’re still going with the AOE damage, despite evidence that it’s not good for PvP health, and this rez ult is perfectly designed for huge groups that can run a lot of necros and still have their other classes covered. Once they get on flags they’ll just have several flesh atros waiting to one shot any attackers.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    it will get better, no faction locking is a big issue that has impacted the overall fun of pvp.

Its not the only one, current meta is also not fun and frustrating but the reintroduction of faction locking is going to help
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought something was odd when a group ran up to me with liquid lightning and volley. I felt like a raid boss.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    I thought something was odd when a group ran up to me with liquid lightning and volley. I felt like a raid boss.

That actually made me smile ;)
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree. It feels like the Akir Desert Dolmen Grind.

You go to attack a keep and the moment u start siege, one of your own keeps is flagged in your own territory. You run back but it's too late, it's flipped, so you flip it back, and the enemy takes back the one you just took.

One suggestion would be to raise the hp of keep walls so people have more time to get back and defend.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brian please step up and do something for your pvp crowd

Zerg only is not fun but what is truely killing your peeps is the poor performance of the game in pvp

• Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pvdooring and zerging are the best ways to attract and maintain new players. It also makes the game significantly less laggy. You should try it sometime!
    Edited by Ahtu on March 31, 2019 3:03PM
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP was really good for that one week when siege was bugged.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6K for PvDooring a keep and 1.5K for each resource? I'm surprised more PvE raid leads aren't 5 star Grand Overlords by now.
    Edited by Joy_Division on March 31, 2019 3:16PM
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »

That actually made me smile ;)

Has happened to me lately a lot too, not joking.

But, LL and EH actually hurt a bit when enough of them layered at breach chokepoints mixed in with the usual Oils, Bags and Caltrops. So they have their uses, sort of. :p
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    PvP was really good for that one week when siege was bugged.

And made ball groups rage quit. :D
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ahtu wrote: »
    Pvdooring and zerging are the best ways to attract and maintain new players. It also makes the game significantly less laggy. You should try it sometime!

This is completely false. Zerging increases poor performance server wide
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zerging increases poor performance server wide
    Fact. Especially if two or more faction zergs collide.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I hate to be a person that blames the player on a video game, but you really are.
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I noticed this a while ago. 40 people pvding an empty keep that could have been taken with 10. But I also see 10 people taking a resource that could be taken with 2-3 i.e. I take a random resource and 10 people show up to take it back. On the flip side of the coin long sieges more often than not turn into disconnect Russian roulette. And people complain about siege damage when it is high because making a second hole or firing for effect with fire trebs into a courtyard are to laborious. Can't be done fall over keyboard with exhaustion.

My solution to this is to have a book handy and read the book and the map. I see something that looks like it's going to be a battle I go check it out and see if their is any battling or if it is pvd. I never get invited to groups anyways so pfft they can have their cultural marxism and I can have my battle readiness.
    Edited by Ruckly on March 31, 2019 8:01PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »

You go to attack a keep and the moment u start siege, one of your own keeps is flagged in your own territory. You run back but it's too late, it's flipped, so you flip it back, and the enemy takes back the one you just took.

One suggestion would be to raise the hp of keep walls so people have more time to get back and defend.

This reason alone might be one reason IC will see higher pops, can't zergs something that has no objective ;). If only IC had monthly reward and ladder like cyro does lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sure you're a nice person IRL but a 70+ person PvDoor of a far back Tri-Keep does spike lag pretty high. Maybe if it didn't end up getting defended by the fact that anyone who enters gets a nice long D/C and only lagged the entire Cyrodiil a bit along with the other giant stacks it'd be horrid but ok. (At Bloodmayne Keep last week: I entered, I counted, I disconnected, and then I couldn't log back in on that char for 20 minutes.)

Ahtu and friends aren't the only giant faction zergs to be fair, but certainly your main PvP guild has pushed the numbers up most publicly. Zeg surfing and bow ganking have always been fine ways to put a toe into PvP but they don't need to be 70 strong to put a toe in to PvP.

Honestly tho, at least the giant zergs try to defend instead of starting the most boring marathon like farming balls do. Keep humping is even more dull than tower humping and is even more ridiculous looking. Sure that doesn't crash the game but at least when the game crashes I get to look at well animated loading screens instead of eighteen 30k+ heal-tanks making slow laps. Keeps need Overcharges up top. Some sort of NPC casting Inevitable Detonations. Something to make the balls have to build for a little more damage and a little less survivability.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

This reason alone might be one reason IC will see higher pops, can't zergs something that has no objective ;). If only IC had monthly reward and ladder like cyro does lol.

Never underestimate the ability for zergs to zerg everything and everyone no matter what.
  • Gretzel
    Gretzel
    ✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    I would say most activity now is from PVE groups zerging down practically undefended keeps. This usually happens twice -- once when the attackers take another faction's keep and again when it is reclaimed by its faction.

Strange, I run into fights with players on almost every keep we take. If Cyrodiil was just pve, I wouldnt be playing it.
    Sorc dps / DK tank / Templar healer - Xbox NA - Black Marsh Legion - cp 270
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gretzel wrote: »

Strange, I run into fights with players on almost every keep we take. If Cyrodiil was just pve, I wouldnt be playing it.

You run into 2 or 3 players struggling to get back inside the keep to defend it with 50 on your side, that doesn't really constitute a fight does it?
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zergs and bad set designs are killing pvp. Unless they do something big for pvp it will continue to decline due to sheer boredom of playing the same map for 5yrs alone.
  • Sylosi
    Sylosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    As long as they keep introducing skills and sets that heavily favor massive groups (AOE attacks, snares, heals), and provide no incentive to not do so, PvP will be like this. Only a small handful of people care to learn how to PvP and the rest just want to zerg for a couple of hours, and there’s no reason beyond personal preference to do otherwise. The Necro class shows they’re still going with the AOE damage, despite evidence that it’s not good for PvP health, and this rez ult is perfectly designed for huge groups that can run a lot of necros and still have their other classes covered. Once they get on flags they’ll just have several flesh atros waiting to one shot any attackers.

Doesn't really have much to do with skills / balance, it is simply the flawed nature of RvR type games, these games lack the infrastructure for competitive PvP so they are totally reliant on the playerbase to provide good PvP, but that typically only lasts a couple of years whilst you have enough "PvP" players/guilds still playing.

Then once some of them start leaving that has a knock on effect on those that remain, because they find it harder to get good PvP, so more leave, so eventually you just up with casuals or bads that think killing casuals is "quality" PvP and makes them "good".
    Edited by Sylosi on April 2, 2019 10:34AM
  • Gretzel
    Gretzel
    ✭✭✭
    Gretzel wrote: »

You run into 2 or 3 players struggling to get back inside the keep to defend it with 50 on your side, that doesn't really constitute a fight does it?

Nice assumptions. No, I run into groups roughly our size constantly. Get your head out of your ass.
    Sorc dps / DK tank / Templar healer - Xbox NA - Black Marsh Legion - cp 270
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You may laugh but I have volley slotted specifically for zergers who put their siege weps too close to the wall (and there are a great many of them). Fire enchant, plus Ilambris equals pretty, pretty lights. :D
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Vapirko wrote: »
    Minno wrote: »

Never underestimate the ability for zergs to zerg everything and everyone no matter what.

I've been rolled by 20+ member groups in IC before. If not that, 6+ NBs when fighting a boss.

EDIT: Fixed quote
    Edited by Kadoin on April 3, 2019 2:33AM
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler The PVDoor zerging issue in Cyrodiil is far more important to address than faction locks.
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zergs and the fact that all these zerglings who have 40k+ health ruin PvP
  • _Crow
    _Crow
    ✭✭✭
    I hear shor doesn't have any zergs in it most of the time ❤️
    Edited by _Crow on April 6, 2019 7:08PM
    GM: Army of the Pact
    Loves War almost as much as Tbagging
    -Crow, Mag DK
    -Murder of Crows, Stam Warden
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Did they all wipe like groups like that usually do on raid bosses. :D
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if they would bring on som PvP dev’s with the coming of Elsweyr.... not many solid PvP titles out there so it would be great sign if they brought on someone to take over PvP and breathe new life into the stale side of the game. Isn’t Brian now in a broader role so that a new PvP lead position is open?