Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Do you care about which faction is winning the campaign?

• Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soul_Demon wrote: »
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    Faction winning matters.

No, it doesn't really.

Remind me what my amazing prizes are when my faction wins a campaign?

The 'prize' you are playing for is the affirmation and honor of being the winner with 30 days of sustained effort showing your team played well. Basing gameplay one single engagement at a time is like playing chess and calling game after first piece is taken. I hear some people like to do that and consider that a 'win' .....but personally I like things like the Super bowl to show a team played well together for a sustained period of time just like I enjoy the way it feels when you win as a faction in this game. But I do hear there are some who just think that measure it too tough to use and would prefer one fight at a time- where they control every single outlier used and say that is fun for them.
    Would you also care about the Super Bowl if the team with the most fans would win the trophy automatically every time? I'd imagine it would get stale quickly so you'd care more about which team wins the matches rather than who wins the trophy.
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it would be a great thing to improve rewards. Especially more tiers for players and higher payouts. Not to mention maybe transmute crystals for each tier achieved? Maybe instead of a losing screen ZOS can load up Tetris on the load screen? Lol

As far as Emping the whole system is broken. It needs to be completely reworked for achievement.
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanct16 wrote: »
    Faction winning matters.

No, it doesn't really.

The 'prize' you are playing for is the affirmation and honor of being the winner with 30 days of sustained effort showing your team played well. Basing gameplay one single engagement at a time is like playing chess and calling game after first piece is taken. I hear some people like to do that and consider that a 'win' .....but personally I like things like the Super bowl to show a team played well together for a sustained period of time just like I enjoy the way it feels when you win as a faction in this game. But I do hear there are some who just think that measure it too tough to use and would prefer one fight at a time- where they control every single outlier used and say that is fun for them.
    Would you also care about the Super Bowl if the team with the most fans would win the trophy automatically every time? I'd imagine it would get stale quickly so you'd care more about which team wins the matches rather than who wins the trophy.

That isn't how the super bowl is 'scored' for winning. Think maybe I should have chose an analogy that was less sports centric for the less athletically inclined. See.....it wouldn't be the super bowl if the score worked differently. So- cant really follow the logic on that one.
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Faction winning matters.

No, it doesn't really.

That isn't how the super bowl is 'scored' for winning. Think maybe I should have chose an analogy that was less sports centric for the less athletically inclined. See.....it wouldn't be the super bowl if the score worked differently. So- cant really follow the logic on that one.
    I know that the Super Bowl isn't scored that way. See.... I wouldn't have used the phrase "Would you also care... " if I thought that was how it actually works.

The point of this hypothetical question is to illustrate the flaw in your analogy. Your argument seems to be based on the assumption that winning a campaign is the sign of "sustain effort and good team work". However this does not reflect the reality of Cyrodiil due to how the scoring system works.

>320.000.000 AP
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭
    who wins a campaign only tells me which colour is capable of stand more lag XDDDD
  • Corpier
    Corpier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lmao. Winning doesn't matter. There is no fabulous prizes if you do. People say they play to win a campaign for honor. Its a game. Its not a real war. Even if it was, s*** at least makes plants grow, honor doesn't even do that.
    Edited by Corpier on July 16, 2019 6:45PM
    @Corpier | PC/NA CP1300+

My Characters:
    AD
    A Príorí: Highelf - Magicka Sorcerer
    DC
    Corpier: Orc - Stamina Nightblade
    Corpier: Orc - Stamina Sorcerer
    EP
    A Fortiori: Darkelf - Magicka Nightblade
    A Posteriori: Darkelf - Magicka Dragonknight
    Bertha Ironsides: Imperial - Dragonknight Tank
    Corpier: Breton - Magicka Templar
    Corpíer: Orc - Stamina Templar
    CorpÌer: Orc - Stamina Warden
    Corpier: Orc - Stamina Necromancer
    Logen'Bloody-Nine'Fingers: Orc - Stamina Dragonknight
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction winning matters.

No, it doesn't really.

I know that the Super Bowl isn't scored that way. See.... I wouldn't have used the phrase "Would you also care... " if I thought that was how it actually works.

The point of this hypothetical question is to illustrate the flaw in your analogy. Your argument seems to be based on the assumption that winning a campaign is the sign of "sustain effort and good team work". However this does not reflect the reality of Cyrodiil due to how the scoring system works.

Did you really know that? I guess when you referred to the games as 'matches' it gave the impression you didn't know how it worked and the idea you were unaware how its 'scored' was rather an obvious thing...especially using an analogy so very far off from how the actual score in Cyro is calculated- you do know how that works, right? Because it isn't done with population its done with resources taken and scrolls. Those have points value assigned and in order to have points 'count' one would have to also be aware of the 'timer' that is there......but with your analogy suggesting somehow the number of players there are the sum total of how 'scores' work also suggested you don't know how all those things work either.
    Corpier wrote: »
    Lmao. Winning doesn't matter. There is no fabulous prizes if you do. People say they play to win a campaign for honor. Its a game. Its not a real war. Even if it was, s*** at least makes plants grow, honor doesn't even do that.

Honor is one of the very few things a person has that they are completely responsible for either earning or losing and no one else can give or take it away- in both instances they are determined by the choices they make.
    Edited by Soul_Demon on July 16, 2019 7:17PM
  • FakeZavos
    FakeZavos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faction winning matters.

No, it doesn't really.

Did you really know that? I guess when you referred to the games as 'matches' it gave the impression you didn't know how it worked and the idea you were unaware how its 'scored' was rather an obvious thing...especially using an analogy so very far off from how the actual score in Cyro is calculated- you do know how that works, right? Because it isn't done with population its done with resources taken and scrolls. Those have points value assigned and in order to have points 'count' one would have to also be aware of the 'timer' that is there......but with your analogy suggesting somehow the number of players there are the sum total of how 'scores' work also suggested you don't know how all those things work either.

Honor is one of the very few things a person has that they are completely responsible for either earning or losing and no one else can give or take it away- in both instances they are determined by the choices they make.

So where is the honour in the fact that 1 faction owns the whole map from 1am till 7am every night every night by simply outnumbering every faction 10x and therefore winning the campains by massive leaps. Would kinda boring to watch the superbowl unfold if 1 team is always 24 man and the other teams 8 man.
    Why do I even try
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only cared when I had a character that was collecting skyshards in Cyrodiil and I needed the Gates open. Now, I just buy them for the Alts that I feel need them.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Corpier
    Corpier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faction winning matters.

No, it doesn't really.

hon·or
    /ˈänər/
    noun
    high respect; great esteem.
    "his portrait hangs in the place of honor"
    synonyms: distinction, privilege, glory, tribute, kudos, cachet, prestige, fame, renown, merit, credit, importance, illustriousness, notability; More
    adherence to what is right or to a conventional standard of conduct.
    "I must as a matter of honor avoid any taint of dishonesty"
    synonyms: integrity, honorableness, honesty, uprightness, ethics, morals, morality, principle, (high) principles, righteousness, rectitude, nobility, high-mindedness, right-mindedness, noble-mindedness; More
    verb
    regard with great respect.
    "they honore their parents in all they did"
    synonyms: hold in great respect, hold in high esteem, have a high regard for, esteem, respect, admire, defer to, look up to, think highly of; More
    fulfill (an obligation) or keep (an agreement).
    "make sure the franchisees honor the terms of the contract"
    synonyms: fulfill, observe, keep, discharge, implement, perform, execute, effect, obey, heed, follow, carry out, carry through, keep to, abide by, adhere to, comply with, conform to, act in accordance with, be true to, be faithful to, live up to; rareeffectuate

Honor is rooted in the perception of others. Usually attributed for the impression they make firsthand by their actions or what others claim about them in secondhand accounts.

People see things from the lens of their experience and often do not take into account the prior events or situation that the actions resulted from.
    People gossip and lie about others or simply talk about what they do not know or understand as if their opinion is important.

Honor. Is. Worthless.

If you want to judge the character of a person, maybe look at a better standard, like righteousness.

Or in your case, self-righteousness.
    @Corpier | PC/NA CP1300+

My Characters:
    AD
    DC
    EP
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FakeZavos wrote: »
    Faction winning matters.

No, it doesn't really.

So where is the honour in the fact that 1 faction owns the whole map from 1am till 7am every night every night by simply outnumbering every faction 10x and therefore winning the campains by massive leaps. Would kinda boring to watch the superbowl unfold if 1 team is always 24 man and the other teams 8 man.

Because what you are saying simply isn't true. There are no numbers to fall back on and provide, there isn't any running tally of them either....what we have is nothing more than anecdotal 'cause I say so' from a number of people who insist the score itself magically goes up with the number of players that is also magically known to them and them alone. Its ridiculous on its premise and not backed by anything other than sad stories told by upset players who cant figure out why they cant pick up a scroll or know why they cant put one in a non home keep......they don't know how the score works much less how to get a good score and as a result complain and whine incessantly in forums about how its just terrible and mean spirited that someone can do well and learn the game thoroughly.....its much easier to just say "I don't lose because I am lazy and bad, I lose by choice man...by choice. I don't even care about winning"
  • FakeZavos
    FakeZavos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faction winning matters.

No, it doesn't really.

Because what you are saying simply isn't true. There are no numbers to fall back on and provide, there isn't any running tally of them either....what we have is nothing more than anecdotal 'cause I say so' from a number of people who insist the score itself magically goes up with the number of players that is also magically known to them and them alone. Its ridiculous on its premise and not backed by anything other than sad stories told by upset players who cant figure out why they cant pick up a scroll or know why they cant put one in a non home keep......they don't know how the score works much less how to get a good score and as a result complain and whine incessantly in forums about how its just terrible and mean spirited that someone can do well and learn the game thoroughly.....its much easier to just say "I don't lose because I am lazy and bad, I lose by choice man...by choice. I don't even care about winning"

So let me get this right. Ur saying there is no such thing as a overwhelming faction during night or morningcap? And therefor rendering both other factions on at that moment useless since they simply dont have the numbers to do anything against it?
    Why do I even try
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Faction winning matters.

No, it doesn't really.

So if a factions takes the entire map in the night and holds it for 8 hours (because everyone else is sleeping so noone can take anything back) that doesn't give this faction a huge advantage? But hey... I guess they deserve to win because they were smart enough to play in the night when there aren't enough defenders to stop them :)

"Great teamwork guys, we coordinated our alarms :) Totally outplayed those nerds who have to go to work *LMAO*!"

>320.000.000 AP
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction winning matters.

No, it doesn't really.

So let me get this right. Ur saying there is no such thing as a overwhelming faction during night or morningcap? And therefor rendering both other factions on at that moment useless since they simply dont have the numbers to do anything against it?

Since those are not the words I used there is a good chance it in fact is NOT what I said. I would think that is obvious, but in case it was not- what you just wrote is your words and what you said, but not what I said at all.
    Faction winning matters.

No, it doesn't really.

So if a factions takes the entire map in the night and holds it for 8 hours (because everyone else is sleeping so noone can take anything back) that doesn't give this faction a huge advantage? But hey... I guess they deserve to win because they were smart enough to play in the night when there aren't enough defenders to stop them :)

"Great teamwork guys, we coordinated our alarms :) Totally outplayed those nerds who have to go to work *LMAO*!"

Nightcapping give a huge advantage....the correct response is to take the keeps and scrolls back and coordinate one of the factions guilds to run at night. However you could go with the current choice you seem to have made of complaining about the unfairness of a world where people get stuff and you don't get your way with no effort at all.....let me know how that works out. Entirely up to you.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love conspiracy theories.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faction winning matters.

No, it doesn't really.

Your reasoning is flawed, as is your risible chess analogy.

A better one is "it's like playing chess, making 2 moves, than going away and having Garry Kasparov play the rest of the game for you". Garry Kasparov, in this case, being the small team of offpeakers who, having outnumbered the other 2 factions combined, zerg the f out of the map making your primetime play completely, and utterly irrelevant.

So, given that my primetime efforts are largely pointless (albeit enormous fun), and my off peak efforts have now been hamstrung by EP's number advantage being baked in, and the general rubbish quality of the rewards for winning a campaign, why the blue hell should I care about which faction wins?

Edited by Mr_Walker on July 17, 2019 2:33AM
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction winning matters.

No, it doesn't really.

A better one is "it's like playing chess, making 2 moves, than going away and having Garry Kasparov play the rest of the game for you". Garry Kasparov, in this case, being the small team of offpeakers who, having outnumbered the other 2 factions combined, zerg the f out of the map making your primetime play completely, and utterly irrelevant.

So, given that my primetime efforts are largely pointless (albeit enormous fun), and my off peak efforts have now been hamstrung by EP's number advantage being baked in, and the general rubbish quality of the rewards for winning a campaign, why the blue hell should I care about which faction wins?

No...that would not be a good analogy at all. You are painting a picture and telling a very long story....then you simply "tell" the reader what the conclusion is.
    Faction winning matters.

No, it doesn't really.

hon·or
    /ˈänər/
    noun
    synonyms: distinction, privilege, glory, tribute, kudos, cachet, prestige, fame, renown, merit, credit, importance, illustriousness, notability; More
    synonyms: integrity, honorableness, honesty, uprightness, ethics, morals, morality, principle, (high) principles, righteousness, rectitude, nobility, high-mindedness, right-mindedness, noble-mindedness; More
    verb
    synonyms: hold in great respect, hold in high esteem, have a high regard for, esteem, respect, admire, defer to, look up to, think highly of; More
    synonyms: fulfill, observe, keep, discharge, implement, perform, execute, effect, obey, heed, follow, carry out, carry through, keep to, abide by, adhere to, comply with, conform to, act in accordance with, be true to, be faithful to, live up to; rareeffectuate

Honor is rooted in the perception of others. Usually attributed for the impression they make firsthand by their actions or what others claim about them in secondhand accounts.

People see things from the lens of their experience and often do not take into account the prior events or situation that the actions resulted from.
    People gossip and lie about others or simply talk about what they do not know or understand as if their opinion is important.

Honor. Is. Worthless.

If you want to judge the character of a person, maybe look at a better standard, like righteousness.

You put the definition up then promptly claim its others perception that defines it when no such language is used in the definition. The sad part is apparently you knew this as tried to use every single part of the definition to (one has to guess) tie the false statement you made to some portion of it rather than the actual definition. Don't let me stop you though....keep going.
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All these angry little children blathering on about how nothing matters...you would think that at some point it would occur to them that with all the whining about how hard things are to earn- they would realize if they didn't care they wouldn't even take the time to post about the 'unfairness' of it all. All this to avoid saying "I am bad and lazy, just give things to me"

But- whatever you do...keep posting about how you don't care at all about this. Its convincing and we all are believing you don't care at all about who wins, evidenced by the continued rabid posting on it.
  • FakeZavos
    FakeZavos
    ✭✭✭✭
    All these angry little children blathering on about how nothing matters...you would think that at some point it would occur to them that with all the whining about how hard things are to earn- they would realize if they didn't care they wouldn't even take the time to post about the 'unfairness' of it all. All this to avoid saying "I am bad and lazy, just give things to me"

But- whatever you do...keep posting about how you don't care at all about this. Its convincing and we all are believing you don't care at all about who wins, evidenced by the continued rabid posting on it.

I dont care who wins. I do like a good discussion tough, wich is why I am on the forums. And salt, clearly. Im simply trying to show the flaws in what u think. Wich is that campains are won by coordination and teamwork rather then sheer outnumbering especially in the night.

I've switched factions numerous times to the lowest score faction/lowest populated faction since they seem to get the best PvP fights. So ur argument that I would care if I win or not, and I dont win because I rather cry about it on forums then do something about it, is entirely flawd.
    Why do I even try
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't care about winning the campaign.

I do care about competition, and nightcapping is ruining any competition in terms of AvA.

However if ZOS would overhaul the scoring system and add worthwhile rewards it would maybe give me some incentive to start to care about the campaign :)

>320.000.000 AP
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think I could care less. LOL. It's a map that never stops changing. I'm there for the fun and testing builds.

And learning how the best PVP players destroy me. Some PVP players are really good and my hat is off to your skill!
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I dont care who wins. I do like a good discussion tough, wich is why I am on the forums. And salt, clearly. Im simply trying to show the flaws in what u think. Wich is that campaigns are won by coordination and teamwork rather then sheer outnumbering especially in the night.

I've switched factions numerous times to the lowest score faction/lowest populated faction since they seem to get the best PvP fights. So ur argument that I would care if I win or not, and I dont win because I rather cry about it on forums then do something about it, is entirely flawd.

The bolded part is exactly what I think and have said as much...you on the other hand have suggested that its simply nighttime population and a 'I don't care' attitude that gets most campaign wins. I would also suggest that the jumping from one side to the other with the old tired exaggeration that you do so for 'good fights' is simply untrue. If this were the case the camps would ALWAYS be perfectly balanced all the time as we all know those claiming to switch only to help the underdogs and get better fights would always be balancing out the populations....that simply is patently false and always has been. Fact is those who hop love to claim this yet we never have balance while the hopping and lack of invested time in one faction cant seem to get good coordination and one really doesn't have to wonder why....they are just fly by night players with excuses all the time about losing or how they 'just don't care' who wins so.....go figure, they lose all the time. Who wants to work with such people to play and win at that point? Hmmmmm. No one.

I do care about competition, and nightcapping is ruining any competition in terms of AvA.

However if ZOS would overhaul the scoring system and add worthwhile rewards it would maybe give me some incentive to start to care about the campaign :)

Here we find common ground....I also feel nightcapping is quite bad for the game, always has been. However the suggested reduction in points is in my opinion poorly thought out and shouldn't be even entertained. There was a thread quite some time ago where someone suggested there be a dynamic scoring associated with number of players online at the moment the score was tallied. Matter of fact if memory serves they made the suggestion with quite a few others but that seemed to me the answer for nightcapping.
    Edited by Soul_Demon on July 17, 2019 8:38PM
  • Corpier
    Corpier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faction winning matters.

No, it doesn't really.

No...that would not be a good analogy at all. You are painting a picture and telling a very long story....then you simply "tell" the reader what the conclusion is.
    Faction winning matters.

No, it doesn't really.

hon·or
    /ˈänər/
    noun
    verb

Honor. Is. Worthless.

You put the definition up then promptly claim its others perception that defines it when no such language is used in the definition. The sad part is apparently you knew this as tried to use every single part of the definition to (one has to guess) tie the false statement you made to some portion of it rather than the actual definition. Don't let me stop you though....keep going.

Did you read the definition? Such as someone being viewed with "high respect," and/or having "fame, renown, importance", or "regard with great respect, hold in great respect, in high esteem, have a high regard for, admire, think highly of."

Last time I checked, most of the synonyms involve an interaction. One party performs an action, and how another party views it is what defines it as honorable. Consider in game that there are very good players, but a portion of players claim they cheat. Their reputations will be slandered. They may have done nothing morally wrong, yet they may have bad reputations among other people who know nothing about them personally. Honor is a social currency people gain through their actions, the actions of others on their behalf, or through one person conveying information (true or not) about a person to another. However, it is subject to the perception of others making it unreliable. Is not based on a person's actions alone but also in the perception of others. It is part of a person's reputation. If honor doesn't involve more than the individual to have, you can feel free to give yourself "kudos", feel self "important," be "famous" to yourself, or "admire" and "look up to" your own actions.
    Edited by Corpier on July 17, 2019 11:17PM
    @Corpier | PC/NA CP1300+

My Characters:
    AD
    DC
    EP
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's hard to care because the alliance that nightcaps is almost certainly winning since the scoring system is so flawed.
  • Corpier
    Corpier
    ✭✭✭✭

I dont care who wins. I do like a good discussion tough, wich is why I am on the forums. And salt, clearly. Im simply trying to show the flaws in what u think. Wich is that campains are won by coordination and teamwork rather then sheer outnumbering especially in the night.

Very insightful. People sometimes come to the forum to raise awareness of an issue and suggest change, which is not "doing nothing." Others, often like myself, come for discussion, to troll, mine salt, and sometimes play devils advocate for fun. I wouldn't say people shouldn't care about winning, but I don't understand why they think others should, and I don't understand what incentive they have to trying to win. Its a game, its for fun, there isn't any meaningful reward for winning. Some people care about fun game play and winning fights than winning a campaign, and its hard to care about a campaign when the majority of what you do during your day gets undone by someone else's nightcapping. Which is why I prefer BGs (when they work).
    Edited by Corpier on July 17, 2019 10:47PM
    @Corpier | PC/NA CP1300+

My Characters:
    AD
    DC
    EP
  • FakeZavos
    FakeZavos
    ✭✭✭✭

I dont care who wins. I do like a good discussion tough, wich is why I am on the forums. And salt, clearly. Im simply trying to show the flaws in what u think. Wich is that campaigns are won by coordination and teamwork rather then sheer outnumbering especially in the night.

The bolded part is exactly what I think and have said as much...you on the other hand have suggested that its simply nighttime population and a 'I don't care' attitude that gets most campaign wins. I would also suggest that the jumping from one side to the other with the old tired exaggeration that you do so for 'good fights' is simply untrue. If this were the case the camps would ALWAYS be perfectly balanced all the time as we all know those claiming to switch only to help the underdogs and get better fights would always be balancing out the populations....that simply is patently false and always has been. Fact is those who hop love to claim this yet we never have balance while the hopping and lack of invested time in one faction cant seem to get good coordination and one really doesn't have to wonder why....they are just fly by night players with excuses all the time about losing or how they 'just don't care' who wins so.....go figure, they lose all the time. Who wants to work with such people to play and win at that point? Hmmmmm. No one.

Here we find common ground....I also feel nightcapping is quite bad for the game, always has been. However the suggested reduction in points is in my opinion poorly thought out and shouldn't be even entertained. There was a thread quite some time ago where someone suggested there be a dynamic scoring associated with number of players online at the moment the score was tallied. Matter of fact if memory serves they made the suggestion with quite a few others but that seemed to me the answer for nightcapping.

Im more then willing to share you my youtube in wich you can see im switching campaing to the underdog twice. And the number of people looking for good fights and therefor switching campaing is abismal to the rest of the population numbers. Its only a very small portion with the time and energy to level a bunch of characters on different factions, ergo factionimbalance stays the same.

And even if I stay on 1 faction it wouldnt matter coordination wise since im 90% of the time fighting between 2 enemy factions with a tiny group instead of running like a chicken without head in the middle of the faction zergs.

But I am curious. On what campain/server do you play and on wich side?
    Why do I even try
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll play and push/defend objectives when I'm on but I don't pull my hair out over overall score.
    So long as the scoring system favours whoever has the greatest pop when the server is quiet for the longest period of time, I don't see the point taking it too seriously.

this pretty much. Nightcapping makes it pretty pointless to care.
    Invictus
  • FakeZavos
    FakeZavos
    ✭✭✭✭

Very insightful. People sometimes come to the forum to raise awareness of an issue and suggest change, which is not "doing nothing." Others, often like myself, come for discussion, to troll, mine salt, and sometimes play devils advocate for fun. I wouldn't say people shouldn't care about winning, but I don't understand why they think others should, and I don't understand what incentive they have to trying to win. Its a game, its for fun, there isn't any meaningful reward for winning. Some people care about fun game play and winning fights than winning a campaign, and its hard to care about a campaign when the majority of what you do during your day gets undone by someone else's nightcapping. Which is why I prefer BGs (when they work).

Coudnt agree more with you mate.
    Why do I even try
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction winning matters.

No, it doesn't really.

Faction winning matters.

No, it doesn't really.

hon·or
    /ˈänər/
    noun
    verb

Honor. Is. Worthless.

Did you read the definition? Such as someone being viewed with "high respect," and/or having "fame, renown, importance", or "regard with great respect, hold in great respect, in high esteem, have a high regard for, admire, think highly of."

Last time I checked, most of the synonyms involve an interaction. One party performs an action, and how another party views it is what defines it as honorable. Consider in game that there are very good players, but a portion of players claim they cheat. Their reputations will be slandered. They may have done nothing morally wrong, yet they may have bad reputations among other people who know nothing about them personally. Honor is a social currency people gain through their actions, the actions of others on their behalf, or through one person conveying information (true or not) about a person to another. However, it is subject to the perception of others making it unreliable. Is not based on a person's actions alone but also in the perception of others. It is part of a person's reputation. If honor doesn't involve more than the individual to have, you can feel free to give yourself "kudos", feel self "important," be "famous" to yourself, or "admire" and "look up to" your own actions.

Strange you would leave out the most important portion of the actual definition....."2Adherence to what is right or to a conventional standard of conduct." I think you focus on what you view as unimportant in there and therefore you explain away the more important portions of the definition as to allow yourself to not acknowledge the shame of not having any at all. But then again maybe you are just one of those people who read only the google search portions of things and don't actually open the source and read it in its entirety. Or could be just .....dumb. Tough to tell the difference really.

Im more then willing to share you my youtube in wich you can see im switching campaing to the underdog twice. And the number of people looking for good fights and therefor switching campaing is abismal to the rest of the population numbers. Its only a very small portion with the time and energy to level a bunch of characters on different factions, ergo factionimbalance stays the same.

And even if I stay on 1 faction it wouldnt matter coordination wise since im 90% of the time fighting between 2 enemy factions with a tiny group instead of running like a chicken without head in the middle of the faction zergs.

But I am curious. On what campain/server do you play and on wich side?

Kaalgrontiid NA EP. Sounds a bit like you are convincing yourself that no effort at all and pretending not to care is the best route rather than the far tougher one of trying and putting forth some work ....including not running away to the 'easy' side when the chance presents itself.

Edited by Soul_Demon on July 18, 2019 1:35AM
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Such a limited thought process. Maybe a lot of us... really don't care all that much?

Give me a reason to care that isn't a lazy appeal to my vanity.

Edited by Mr_Walker on July 18, 2019 2:36AM