Do you care about which faction is winning the campaign?

• LoreToo
    LoreToo
    ✭✭✭
    Tiara_Ra wrote: »
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    Truth. Half the players in a campaign only care about AP, not the map.
    What will you do on the map that belongs to your alliance? Especially if you play as team. For battle, you need enemy players on the map, but sometimes they can't even leave gate.

Then hold this gates!
  • Kr3do
    Kr3do
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it's the only reason i'm playing PvP. For the Pact!!!!!!!!!!
    Cyrodiil is soooooooo much better since they added faction lock :heart:
  • Zabania
    Zabania
    ✭✭
    Big boss cared...
    GM and Tyran of "Unfriendly Fire" guild

La'rascasse EP
    Nadleehe EP
    Nadleehe Akwos AD
    Commander Zaban DC
    Lock on Stratos AD
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zabania wrote: »
    Big boss cared...

Big Boss was a Jedi holding back to evil forces of the Sith. That's why they always night capped. There can only ever be 2 Sith online when they fight.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don’t care if my faction wins so long as I kill the folks I don’t like, get AP and gold jewelry.
    I don’t care if my faction wins so long as I kill the folks I don’t like, get AP and gold jewelry.

Most of the people in my faction are idiots.

Sounds to me like you want... an inter-faction civil war?

Nope. Just revert faction locks and I’m good lol. Half my faction is on my kill on sight list for they day ZOS removes faction lock lol.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We (EP) can’t win it EVErY time. That would be rude. Well that and the fact that a guild chooses the NA server to night cap bc they are too friggin scared to go to a server location where they would face real guilds during their playtime. J/s cough cough tkg
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes because pushing the map usually leads to good fights.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We (EP) can’t win it EVErY time. That would be rude. Well that and the fact that a guild chooses the NA server to night cap bc they are too friggin scared to go to a server location where they would face real guilds during their playtime. J/s cough cough tkg

You’re wrong. Most of the PCNA nightcappers play primetime and get reckt. They take naps and set their alarms to nightcap. Lol. Sad actually.
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭

You’re wrong. Most of the PCNA nightcappers play primetime and get reckt. They take naps and set their alarms to nightcap. Lol. Sad actually.

Not true in all cases. Guild I used to run with the leads best times to get on was late at night instead of during the day. That and we had people in the guild who worked graveyard so they fell in easily. Can’t hate on some people’s schedule but I get the pain of the map painting overnight.
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're not playing to win with your team then you're just there to play with your own self.

For that reason khajiit prefers to do what the campaign is there for. Which is to try and help win it for your faction even when things get a bit rough and or mathematically impossible.

Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AP and Tel Var the only things I care about in PvP.
  • Tiara_Ra
    Tiara_Ra
    ✭✭✭
    LoreToo wrote: »
    Tiara_Ra wrote: »
    Truth. Half the players in a campaign only care about AP, not the map.
    What will you do on the map that belongs to your alliance? Especially if you play as team. For battle, you need enemy players on the map, but sometimes they can't even leave gate.

Then hold this gates!

I mean - all map in my color. Which gate i must hold? ^^
    PC EU, ESO player since beta & early accessCo-GM PvP guild "Lagacy"
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't care about faction because it's just a random mass of people, most of who I do not know, many of whom have other preferences of how to play the game than me - who happen to have chosen the same color as me (at a given time) out of three possible colors

I like team play / team sports and I care about my guild, which is a real team, where each of us has chosen to play with this team and the team has chosen that player. I play for the following objective: that my guild's raid should have great and successful fights.
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭

EP can´t really win but stay at the botton place as of now. That is very nice of you. Haven´t seen TKG around for some time now so maybe you come up with some other more plausible explanation.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • ServerusEcru
    ServerusEcru
    ✭✭✭
    Faction winning matters. Cyrodiil was designed for it to matter. This is why they made Battlegrounds so players can have arenas. I think what is hurting Cyrodiil is the exploit on OP sets. I miss how it use to be, skill vs skill; back when a player can come into Cyrodiil with lowbie gear and still contribute. My suggestion is to make a Battelgrounds arena for CP so OP players can go there and PVP. Leave Cyrodiil for those who care abut the campaign and want to compete.
    "Train your opponent to make the wrong response." — The Book of Circles, By Loredas Maxims
    NA/PC/ Order of the Candle
  • PunkAben
    PunkAben
    ✭✭✭
    To the people who answer no.... do you play other games where you dont care with winning ?
    Maybe poker with money !
    The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do.The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do.Ted NelsonElder Scrolls Online most balanced part is maybe the the number of bugs and not bugs!
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PunkAben wrote: »
    To the people who answer no.... do you play other games where you dont care with winning ?
    Maybe poker with money !

Yes, because those games actually have a scoring system that isn’t broken and utter trash.
    Why should I care about the map when night cappers just flip the map and make up for over half of the total scoring? Primetime means nothing because a bunch of PvDoor zerglings will just nightcap the map with no resistances and they’ll just win the campaign that way.
    Not to mention the scoring system doesn’t give anyone any initiative to fight because there’s far too many kids who just run 40k health, avoid any kind of fight against players, and only take empty keeps or siege players when they outnumber them.
    So to answer your question. As long as cyrodiil has a brokenly awful scoring system I will never care about it and only play cyrodiil to farm AP and get good fights.
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    scrolls have hyper-inflated value.. as long as that exists its SENSELESS
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭

EP can´t really win but stay at the botton place as of now. That is very nice of you. Haven´t seen TKG around for some time now so maybe you come up with some other more plausible explanation.

Your quite welcome!!

TKG ABC EFG whoever the guild is that night caps on AD. Are scared little boys who can’t stand up to a real guild.

/slapinfacewithgautlet

Trash is trash. Any guild that night caps bc they have zero resistance bc they chose a server where their prime time is when 90% of the population is asleep. I know it happens. I get it. But my God I would loooooooove for them to on when my guild is on. But alas they are scared to come play when prime time is so ....
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your quite welcome!!

TKG ABC EFG whoever the guild is that night caps on AD. Are scared little boys who can’t stand up to a real guild.

/slapinfacewithgautlet

Trash is trash. Any guild that night caps bc they have zero resistance bc they chose a server where their prime time is when 90% of the population is asleep. I know it happens. I get it. But my God I would loooooooove for them to on when my guild is on. But alas they are scared to come play when prime time is so ....

A lot of trashing from a player whose primary guilds AotP etc. just do the same. Would really love to see a logical crying instead of randomöy spinning stories. The EP wins are just as dirty as they ever get. Do you favor stacking multiple raids if it benefits you? Once EP were pretty scary with so many good guilds but nowadys we can notice some defeatist mindset among you. These unstoppable AD guilds must be part of Illuminati to take over Cyrodiil.

Btw just for fun are you from the Netherlands?
    The blizzard is my home,
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m pretty sure this is the objective alliance war thread.. save the vitriol for the campaign section...
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enkil wrote: »
    I’m pretty sure this is the objective alliance war thread.. save the vitriol for the campaign section...

Shhh don't talk, just watch

giphy.gif
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If it were just folks playing when they had time to play it would be one thing. But it’s not. I pvp every day. You recognize the Usual Suspects after a while.

People who actually do play primetime and get mopped across Cyrodil log in late at night, trade emp, nightcap. They set their alarms to do it. 20v1 anyone on because they get reckt in primetime.

I’m telling you I know these fools. They live in my kill counter.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to care back in the days when we got PVE boosts from winning or leading our home campaign.
    But nowadays it doesn't matter (unless I'm on a PvP crush that week/month and get involved in the current Cyrodiil stories going on).
    Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on July 14, 2019 2:02PM
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Minnesinger lol no man. Dutch was my call sign when I was a Navy Pilot. Retired now. Would love to visit there again though O.o

Oh am I am in Vae Victis. No exploiting from our guild. GMs will ban and report in a quickness

Ps I don’t think they are unstoppable. They just need to play when the other guilds are on instead of cowering in the middle of the night
    Edited by DUTCH_REAPER on July 14, 2019 1:50PM
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Minnesinger lol no man. Dutch was my call sign when I was a Navy Pilot. Retired now. Would love to visit there again though O.o

Oh am I am in Vae Victis. No exploiting from our guild. GMs will ban and report in a quickness

Ps I don’t think they are unstoppable. They just need to play when the other guilds are on instead of cowering in the middle of the night

All good man :) Nice country and highly recommended. Well maybe I just stroke as a bit arrogant and you sure have a point. The guilds playing just have to face whatever opponents they have during their timeframe. I used to stay up to the see the prime time of NA server but can´t do that anymore. Well that often.

About the scoring I still have fond memories of the very first campaigns. Every guild and person was aiming at success of their faction but after some time it became so consuming to try and take the points that I personally lost some interest in the campaign scores. After that I often played where we were underdogs looking for a challenge in various campaigns. That was so rewarding that instead of the faction pride I took pride of my guilds. Still I just don´t care of the campaign so much yet it is nice to be of some help to the faction.
    The blizzard is my home,
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All good man :) Nice country and highly recommended. Well maybe I just stroke as a bit arrogant and you sure have a point. The guilds playing just have to face whatever opponents they have during their timeframe. I used to stay up to the see the prime time of NA server but can´t do that anymore. Well that often.

About the scoring I still have fond memories of the very first campaigns. Every guild and person was aiming at success of their faction but after some time it became so consuming to try and take the points that I personally lost some interest in the campaign scores. After that I often played where we were underdogs looking for a challenge in various campaigns. That was so rewarding that instead of the faction pride I took pride of my guilds. Still I just don´t care of the campaign so much yet it is nice to be of some help to the faction.

All good brother. No worries. Text can come across wrong sooo much. I say stuff laughing and jokingly yet it comes out very poorly in text. My apologies to you and anyone else who took it as such. Not my intent. Happy gaming bro
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faction winning matters.

No, it doesn't really.

Remind me what my amazing prizes are when my faction wins a campaign?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For rewards I would like my faction to win. However, I do understand that the win is meaningless outside of that as Cyrodiil is not designed to be an actual competitive PvP event. So no reason to stress about it.
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction winning matters.

No, it doesn't really.

Remind me what my amazing prizes are when my faction wins a campaign?

The 'prize' you are playing for is the affirmation and honor of being the winner with 30 days of sustained effort showing your team played well. Basing gameplay one single engagement at a time is like playing chess and calling game after first piece is taken. I hear some people like to do that and consider that a 'win' .....but personally I like things like the Super bowl to show a team played well together for a sustained period of time just like I enjoy the way it feels when you win as a faction in this game. But I do hear there are some who just think that measure it too tough to use and would prefer one fight at a time- where they control every single outlier used and say that is fun for them.