Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you care about which faction is winning the campaign?

Sanct16
Sanct16
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
- EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP

Do you care about which faction is winning the campaign? 293 votes

Yes
35% 104 votes
No
59% 174 votes
Other (explain)
5% 15 votes
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As a faction loyalist "yes", but if we lose i don't make a big deal out of it.
    The most important things for me are teamwork, cooperation with other groups and cyro lag free.
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes and no. Yes to get the extra gold and items for winning the campaign but unless the group lead calls to defend the map, I'm game for just having some good fight.
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I want my faction to win, and I enjoy the tactics of playing the map to win objectives and points with my team.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's hard to care when the winner is decided by a small group of "insomniacs" who paint the map one color every night for a whole month. Doesn't matter what you do at prime-time, you will only have minimal effect on campaign scoring so why bother?
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There will be some people that say no because of the fact that the scoring system needs work, and the rewards could be better, but faction lock at least establishes the teams for the duration of the campaign so that is one step in the right direction. If the scoring system gets addressed appropriately and the rewards do as well, some no's will turn into yes's. There are some that will never care they just want to pvp in their groups and will never care about the team aspect beyond their groups that is the AvAvA team framework.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vietfox wrote: »
    The most important things for me are teamwork, cooperation with other groups and cyro lag free.

So batting 0 out of 3 then.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you are in first place, you are playing the campaign. When you are in last place, you are just playing for good fights.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i prefer to be against all the alliances as a black sheep and flagged as such.
    but since that option does not exist, then i'm forced into alliance of one or another.
  • Corpier
    Corpier
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't care who is winning. I don't care about the map. When I pvp I just want AP.
    @Corpier | PC/NA CP1300+

My Characters:
    AD
    A Príorí: Highelf - Magicka Sorcerer
    DC
    Corpier: Orc - Stamina Nightblade
    Corpier: Orc - Stamina Sorcerer
    EP
    A Fortiori: Darkelf - Magicka Nightblade
    A Posteriori: Darkelf - Magicka Dragonknight
    Bertha Ironsides: Imperial - Dragonknight Tank
    Corpier: Breton - Magicka Templar
    Corpíer: Orc - Stamina Templar
    CorpÌer: Orc - Stamina Warden
    Corpier: Orc - Stamina Necromancer
    Logen'Bloody-Nine'Fingers: Orc - Stamina Dragonknight
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    Vietfox wrote: »

So batting 0 out of 3 then.

1 and 2 are not that difficult to achieve, 3 is the tricky one and requires more rant on the forums :)
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No because I'm not incentivized to do so by the current reward system.
    If it mattered who one in order to get decent rewards etc I'd care more but atm the only thing I care about is trying to have a fun fight. AP and faction score doesn't matter at all to me.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because it's a game based around objectives and I like winning games, but no because it's a game with a scoring system that has nothing to do with individual effort. I have more fun playing for objectives and the fights that occur in the process of doing that.
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll play and push/defend objectives when I'm on but I don't pull my hair out over overall score.
    So long as the scoring system favours whoever has the greatest pop when the server is quiet for the longest period of time, I don't see the point taking it too seriously.
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don’t care if my faction wins so long as I kill the folks I don’t like, get AP and gold jewelry.

Most of the people in my faction are idiots.
    Edited by JumpmanLane on July 10, 2019 9:51PM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When ZOS shows they care, then I will care.
  • Zevrro
    Zevrro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Campaign score is based on whichever alliance nightcaps or whichever alliance has the most players. Until the scoring is even remotely competitive there is no sense in even paying attention to it.
    @Zevrro PC-EU
    CP 1200+
    Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan
    Magicka Nightblade

AD | Zevrro
    | Magicka Nightblade | AR43 |
    AD | Zevrro II | Magicka Nightblade | AR50 | 09-02-2019 |
    DC | Not Zevrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR33 |
    EP | Ževrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR14 |
    Other PvP Characters
    AD | Zevrro VII | Stamina Warden | AR33 |
    AD | Zevrro XII | Magicka Warden | AR22 |
    DC | Not Zevrro II | Magicka Warden | AR14 |
    DC | Necrotic Zevrro | Magicka Necromancer | AR17 |
    EP | Real-Skyice | Stamina Warden | AR10 |

>156m AP
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's more nuanced than care/not care.

It's like a game of pickup basketball/hockey/whatever. The outcome is always irrelevant and will be forgotten by most participants. One does not usually lose sleep if their team doesn't win, yet they usually stay engaged and do what they can for their team to have as much success as possible.

What bores me is combat without context. I've played online games for a long time but didn't become enthusiastic about them until there were team based games with objectives because they provide interesting context.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I care (kinda), I try to push my faction to the win if I can

But I wont stop something going on just to get my faction to win
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don’t care if my faction wins so long as I kill the folks I don’t like, get AP and gold jewelry.

Most of the people in my faction are idiots.

Sounds to me like you want... an inter-faction civil war?
  • Tiara_Ra
    Tiara_Ra
    ✭✭✭
    No because I'm not incentivized to do so by the current reward system.
    If it mattered who one in order to get decent rewards etc I'd care more but atm the only thing I care about is trying to have a fun fight. AP and faction score doesn't matter at all to me.

Full agree
    PC EU, ESO player since beta & early accessCo-GM PvP guild "Lagacy"
  • Bogdan_Kobzar
    Bogdan_Kobzar
    ✭✭✭
    I used to care, when I was a NOVICE player new to cyrodiil, and then I find out, Cyrodiil is NOT faction versus faction, it's ego players with glitched gold gear grinding/farming alliance points without regards to map or alliance objectives.
    Easiest way to make cyrodiil an alliance war, is to REMOVE alliance point rewards for killing enemy players and only grant rewards for capturing strategic objectives.
    All these players want is to have a bear pit with endless enemy players, so Game designers, give them a battle ground that's just a free for all deathmatch with 1,000 players.
    Those of us who want to do alliance vs alliance will AVOID the arena and enjoy Cyrodil.
    Edited by Bogdan_Kobzar on July 11, 2019 5:49AM
    "Being honorable might make you a good man, but it doesn't make you right. Be a better world if it did."
    Be mindful of Community Rules
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zevrro wrote: »
    Campaign score is based on whichever alliance nightcaps or whichever alliance has the most players. Until the scoring is even remotely competitive there is no sense in even paying attention to it.

^this

The most effective way to win right now is just to overrun the map when the other faction do not have enough players to defend and not enough players to retake the map.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • bakermir
    bakermir
    ✭✭✭
    I used to care, when I was a NOVICE player new to cyrodiil, and then I find out, Cyrodiil is NOT faction versus faction, it's ego players with glitched gold gear grinding/farming alliance points without regards to map or alliance objectives.
    Easiest way to make cyrodiil an alliance war, is to REMOVE alliance point rewards for killing enemy players and only grant rewards for capturing strategic objectives.
    All these players want is to have a bear pit with endless enemy players, so Game designers, give them a battle ground that's just a free for all deathmatch with 1,000 players.
    Those of us who want to do alliance vs alliance will AVOID the arena and enjoy Cyrodil.

What did I just read?
    EU PC SOTHA SIL/BAHLOKDAAN
    • DC * imperial stamdk/emperor magdk * twitch-bakermir
    • DC * breton magsorc * twitch bakermir
    • DC * orcerer * Tyro Tyro Tyro Tyro
    • DC * altmer bomblade * Brings-you-democracy

<REMOVE FACTION LOCK>
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's nice to win but not the be all and end all in Cyrodiil. The fights and zone chat are usually enough to keep me entertained, as well as riding with my brethren.
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • LoreToo
    LoreToo
    ✭✭✭
    No. Since there is morning/nightcap you dont need to care about such stupid things like score, keeps, scrolls
  • dennissomb16_ESO
    dennissomb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I am loyal to the faction in the end I really do not care who wins the campaign. Population balances even in 30 day CP campaign makes for to many swings. I do however go all out for my faction while I am logged into the game and I am a supporter of faction lock (even though it no longer really makes sense since the introduction of Tamerial One)
  • linoge63
    linoge63
    ✭✭✭
    Corpier wrote: »
    I don't care who is winning. I don't care about the map. When I pvp I just want AP.

I used to until I realized that the so called golden vendor who should be painted in anything but, or just cover her in a black garbage bag... will not ever have anything worth saving AP for...so--tramsmutes it is...er...well, was.

• Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    bakermir wrote: »

What did I just read?

Truth. Half the players in a campaign only care about AP, not the map.
  • Tiara_Ra
    Tiara_Ra
    ✭✭✭
    What will you do on the map that belongs to your alliance? Especially if you play as team. For battle, you need enemy players on the map, but sometimes they can't even leave gate.

PC EU, ESO player since beta & early accessCo-GM PvP guild "Lagacy"
  • bakermir
    bakermir
    ✭✭✭
    bakermir wrote: »

What did I just read?

Anything that rewards AP in Cyrodiil contributes to the factions on the map.
    EU PC SOTHA SIL/BAHLOKDAAN
    • DC * imperial stamdk/emperor magdk * twitch-bakermir
    • DC * breton magsorc * twitch bakermir
    • DC * orcerer * Tyro Tyro Tyro Tyro
    • DC * altmer bomblade * Brings-you-democracy

<REMOVE FACTION LOCK>