The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When was the last time you saw someone cheating?

• JackAshes
    JackAshes
    ✭✭✭
    JackAshes wrote: »
    Bone_Demon wrote: »
    5 minutes ago in Sotha Sil EU. Fresh tomato plucked from the garden just rank 10. Invisible, walking through terrain, hulk jump, total noob cant kill ***. But still annoying you cant kill it.

Yeah a lot of people in this thread eating crow right now deny this stuff exist when the community manager post on the forums last week that it exist and they are aware of it.

My suggestion to you is to report them. I have no doubt they will act on it. My other suggestion is to run nvidea replay software to reocord this stuff and have an add on like recount running on your screen. You will be very surprised what you see when you play back some of your fights in slow motion. Very surprised!

If Zos truly wants to crack down on it they could spend one day observing activity in IC. It is a hot bed for people using these types of hacks and they feel safer there because of limited population. You would be truly amazed what you can see there walking around stealth. Not even looking at PvP fights just boss kills alone.

Careful with that IC comment, there are alot of unintended things with the bosses, but that not hacking, its just exploiting a limited a.i., don't go starting a witch hunt lol

I have absolutely no issue with them doing a witch hunt in IC why do you?

See the link above ^
  • Flame_of_Hades
    Flame_of_Hades
    ✭✭✭
    5 minutes ago in Sotha Sil EU. Fresh tomato plucked from the garden just rank 10. Invisible, walking through terrain, hulk jump, total noob cant kill ***. But still annoying you cant kill it.

Yeah a lot of people in this thread eating crow right now deny this stuff exist when the community manager post on the forums last week that it exist and they are aware of it.

My suggestion to you is to report them. I have no doubt they will act on it. My other suggestion is to run nvidea replay software to reocord this stuff and have an add on like recount running on your screen. You will be very surprised what you see when you play back some of your fights in slow motion. Very surprised!

If Zos truly wants to crack down on it they could spend one day observing activity in IC. It is a hot bed for people using these types of hacks and they feel safer there because of limited population. You would be truly amazed what you can see there walking around stealth. Not even looking at PvP fights just boss kills alone.

Careful with that IC comment, there are alot of unintended things with the bosses, but that not hacking, its just exploiting a limited a.i., don't go starting a witch hunt lol

See the link above ^

Do you know what a witch hunt is? its people being scared of something and hurting others with not proof or reason...see https://www.history.com/topics/colonial-america/salem-witch-trials

Im all for hackers being banned, but people need to know what they are talking about first. the videos that were posted in here? hacking. Exploiting a.i.? not hacking.
  • JackAshes
    JackAshes
    ✭✭✭

See the link above ^

Do you know what a witch hunt is? its people being scared of something and hurting others with not proof or reason...see https://www.history.com/topics/colonial-america/salem-witch-trials

Im all for hackers being banned, but people need to know what they are talking about first. the videos that were posted in here? hacking. Exploiting a.i.? not hacking.

I am referring to the link I posted Devs are aware it is happening Devs are doing something about it. If we as players get them the correct info it makes their job easier and stops the Hackers from ruining the game. For every one using the hack in a Blatant Obnoxious way there are 10 others using it a more subtle way.

Here is a little story for you. In IC my faction holds all the flags. I drop down in Temple district from DC drop point. Look down the alley see the Lich boss coming by non agro see a Brown WW with Brown Pets coming right at me as it veers away from the boss to engage me. One Shots me with 18K shields up. As I am about to re-spawn back into the district I see him run off to kill the boss. we own the flags instant re spawn back to were the fight occurred. Boss is dead Wolf is gone. Remember I said Brown wolf with Pets?

I have not seen this player back in the game since /wink.........
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am referring to the link I posted Devs are aware it is happening Devs are doing something about it. If we as players get them the correct info it makes their job easier and stops the Hackers from ruining the game. For every one using the hack in a Blatant Obnoxious way there are 10 others using it a more subtle way.

ZOS is already aware of the ways in which ESO is vulnerable. It is implausible to believe they did not as the methods used to cheat in ESO are extremely old. There are industry standard mitigation strategies that ZOS does not use.

Hopefully they intend to one day make a serious effort to secure ESO, but chances are they're just going to sweep it under the rug again.
  • Flame_of_Hades
    Flame_of_Hades
    ✭✭✭

See the link above ^

Here is a little story for you. In IC my faction holds all the flags. I drop down in Temple district from DC drop point. Look down the alley see the Lich boss coming by non agro see a Brown WW with Brown Pets coming right at me as it veers away from the boss to engage me. One Shots me with 18K shields up. As I am about to re-spawn back into the district I see him run off to kill the boss. we own the flags instant re spawn back to were the fight occurred. Boss is dead Wolf is gone. Remember I said Brown wolf with Pets?

okay, fair enough, but did you see the boss body, or was the boss just gone? That's my point, alot of "haxor!!!" claims are made because people don't understand what happened. You need proof, pref in video format.

I can claim that "dood! I fought this one guy and he stole all my stats! what a hacker!", but it doesn't mean i'm being honest....
    People are Innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around.
  • Most_Awesome
    Most_Awesome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chaz wrote: »
    Rin_Senya wrote: »
    New video of the same dude. Now in PVE.

https://youtu.be/A5tQjitnFkg

It's incredible that he/she is still not banned.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom so any comments about situation and existing cheat program(s) which they are using?
    Are developers know about this?
    Because that guys saying in comments they're not banned and they sell that program, how it can be possible in such high lvl company as ZOS?

There's actually no comments about cheating or selling programs. Watching the video doesn't really show any cheat happening, taking place, or being initiated. Sure on the left hand of the screen the video publisher cleverly crafted a a way to get views of his video by typing in youtube edit : No damage on , invisible on, high jump on, yet you clearly see his life gauge bar go down time and again.

Also with the clever use of "SOUND EFFECTS" he's or they're just making it appear they're using a cheat engine, table or script when they pop off scattershot. It's actually not very hard at all to kill a person in pvp using bow skills.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{I'll edit//repost this section in 24 hours, after the so called monkey gets off my back}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} .

Next time, friend the so called cheater, get the program, then post threads about actual cheating since then you would have actual proof. We didn't see his desktop in the video, what was he running? CMD? Hacked zos admin codes for god mode? Cheat engine? WeMod? C++? A table from mr antifun? TelNet? Or ini file editing? No, my opinion is, they're very good at video editing, very good at killing pvp players, and very good at marketing to get view hits quickly on their channel. Nothing that warrants banning or even investigation.

LMFAO Hello Ray Devil
  • JackAshes
    JackAshes
    ✭✭✭

See the link above ^

okay, fair enough, but did you see the boss body, or was the boss just gone? That's my point, alot of "haxor!!!" claims are made because people don't understand what happened. You need proof, pref in video format.

I can claim that "dood! I fought this one guy and he stole all my stats! what a hacker!", but it doesn't mean i'm being honest....

Lol thank you for pleading my case for me! You do need video proof with recount up on your screen! Zos will act on any credible evidence provided.
  • Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing I've seen recently that's definitely a cheat/exploit is: AD gates are open, an enemy faction gets through the gates but doesn't get to the scroll in time, gates close, a few minutes later we see that someone has picked up the scroll, scroll teleports to enemy's gate. They told me how they did it but I don't think it's something that should be common knowledge so I sent in a ticket.
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
    "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."
  • Flame_of_Hades
    Flame_of_Hades
    ✭✭✭

See the link above ^

Lol thank you for pleading my case for me! You do need video proof with recount up on your screen! Zos will act on any credible evidence provided.

............. I never disputed that you need video evidence, i just said you shouldn't start a witch hunt. You need to be informed about things in the game before calling for someone to be banned....
  • JackAshes
    JackAshes
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed I have been around a lot of people that think everyone is cheating or hacking it gets old quick. You get to point we’re you can tell the difference as your knowledge of the skills and classes grows. I have recorded my gameplay to learn from my mistakes like most people that truly want to improve do. It just gets old when you stand stealth near a boss and see someone walk up and one shot it. Translate that to PvPing them with a scaled down version of the hack. If I loose in fair game play I am all for it. Learn from mistakes and move on.

Nice grouping with you today!
  • Borelock762
    Borelock762
    ✭✭
    Couple people in no cp camp currently stacking sets still and using hulk jump exploit. Name sounds something like [removed name]. They probably delete this though lol guy is balsy enough to do it on his stream and hes like 12. Game is more broken than ever. Thank god classic is coming out.
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on July 7, 2019 7:48PM
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a player earlier in the week who 'dissolved' into a keep inner wall.
    Couldn't be targeted or hit, but was clearly still visible.
    Remained in the wall for a good few minutes until people gave up trying to hit them, and as soon as the people left (I was invis) they moved out of the wall and continued killing the NPC's in the keep before vanishing.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "When was the last time you saw someone cheating?"
    Today, reading patch notes. ZOS is an ultimate cheater... :D
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »
    Remained in the wall for a good few minutes until people gave up trying to hit them, and as soon as the people left (I was invis) they moved out of the wall and continued killing the NPC's in the keep before vanishing.

That things happens. At least to me, when im near a rock or a wall and step into a NB fear. I had been in rocks, walls, under walls... Some times i could hit or be hit and sometimes not
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    coletas wrote: »

That things happens. At least to me, when im near a rock or a wall and step into a NB fear. I had been in rocks, walls, under walls... Some times i could hit or be hit and sometimes not

Yes, I've been under floors too, that one may be a glitch.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same, but I was never able to walk back out again, or upwards as you say (the floors are also pretty slippy).
    I have always, always had to /stuck to get myself free - which does not free you at your position, but back at your faction gate.
    Edited by dtsharples on July 8, 2019 11:50AM
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same, but I was never able to walk back out again, or upwards as you say (the floors are also pretty slippy).
    I have always, always had to /stuck to get myself free - which does not free you at your position, but back at your faction gate.

Agreed. Being inadvertently stuck inside walls always required you to /stuck to get out. If a player is moving in and out of walls at will they’ve either found an exploit or a hack and need to be reported and banned.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    Agreed. Being inadvertently stuck inside walls always required you to /stuck to get out. If a player is moving in and out of walls at will they’ve either found an exploit or a hack and need to be reported and banned.
    It's already been found. Collision is 100% client-side. It's possible for attributes of geometry to be changed client-side and it's also possible to make it so some geometry doesn't load -- like a wall, rock, or door -- so players can pass through objects they should collide with.

It should be noted that a bug may very very very rarely cause some objects to not load, but if that happens and a player intentionally uses it to their advantage, it's still exploiting that bug.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    It's already been found. Collision is 100% client-side. It's possible for attributes of geometry to be changed client-side and it's also possible to make it so some geometry doesn't load -- like a wall, rock, or door -- so players can pass through objects they should collide with.

It should be noted that a bug may very very very rarely cause some objects to not load, but if that happens and a player intentionally uses it to their advantage, it's still exploiting that bug.

Well there you go.
  • illutian
    illutian
    ✭✭✭
    Cheat: Never really obvious

Exploit: Anyone using Animation Cancelling to artificially boost damage output. - Yes, that includes myself.
    You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.