The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When was the last time you saw someone cheating?

• Crispen_Longbow
    Crispen_Longbow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    I like to think that there are two kinds of cheating: hacking and exploiting.
    Haven’t seen hacking since 2015. Have seen a ton of exploits though
    Remember there is a difference between cheating and exploiting. Last time I saw someone legit cheat was back in 2015ish during the Memorial Day weekend cheat engine disaster.
    To be honest, I don't know that I've ever seen someone cheating where I had the timestamped combat log to prove it.

Time to update your 2015, ZOS Damage control department today.
    1iitizjk9rld.gif
    giphy.gif

Here is the latest hacks video, not exploits.
    SPEED HACK ON!
    INVISIBLE HACK ON!
    JUMP HACK ON!
    UNLIMITED ULTIMATE HACK ON!
    INFINITE LIFE SPAN HACK ON!
    WALL HACK ON!
    SUPER LONG RANGE ATK HACK ON!
    99999 ATK DMG HACK ON!
    ETC
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH6qdsvALLk

Here is that video from the perspective of other players. These are the ones that are seeing what invisible mode looks like while being shot off the wall. ZOS is in full denial / delete thread mode.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAh4s6ZbGlc

Here is some of the famous videos from 2015, don't worry this doesn't happen anymore!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KosPhi1vchQ

Crispen Longbow - Daggerfall Covenant (DC): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (Blue VE, Khole, LoM, MO)
    Crispen Longboww - Aldmeri Dominion (AD): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - Crispen's House of Pain RIP (KP, Yellow VE, Omni)
    Crispen Longbow-EP - Ebonheart Pact (EP): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (Red VE)
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soris wrote: »
    ... and it is quite hard to do manually unless you have a macro keybord since it requires perfectly timed multiple key presses in a sequence pattern.

Good thing macro keyboards are so rare, eh?
    Soris wrote: »
    ...and it wont give anyone a considerable advantage except looking cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kELquo99hh0

No advantage here people. Move along.
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When Zazeer did it, ZOS responded [poorly] and took [little] action.

When it happens now, all you get are comments, threads, and videos deleted.
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember there is a difference between cheating and exploiting. Last time I saw someone legit cheat was back in 2015ish during the Memorial Day weekend cheat engine disaster.
    To be honest, I don't know that I've ever seen someone cheating where I had the timestamped combat log to prove it.

1iitizjk9rld.gif
    giphy.gif

SPEED HACK ON!
    INVISIBLE HACK ON!
    JUMP HACK ON!
    WALL HACK ON!
    99999 ATK DMG HACK ON!
    ETC

Here is that video from the perspective of other players. These are the ones that are seeing what invisible mode looks like while being shot off the wall. ZOS is in full denial / delete thread mode.

Here is some of the famous videos from 2015, don't worry this doesn't happen anymore!

ty, crispen it's important that this is more widely known and what it looks like
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The crazy jump is called the "hulk leap", and ZOS are aware of it. Anyone can do it with the right macro (which ZOS are also fully aware of). Last I heard they were trying to fix it in the coming patch next week, though it might have to wait until the next one.

Regarding cheating, or the appearance of it at least, it happens often enough. When an ult normally hits players for 8-9k, and it hits others (who are NOT blocking) for under 200 consistently every time, it implies that there is something wrong. 99% mitigation on almost every hit is not possible under normal circumstances. A similar situation exists with some specific players who are able to leap, and immediately upon landing hit dawnbreaker (without killing anyone to get ult back). There are other situations where some specific players can consistently hit meteor, then leap so that the meteor hits people at the same time as the leap. Getting full ult back before your previous ult hits is also not supposed to be possible.
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • VinayExile
    VinayExile
    ✭✭✭✭
    this ahs been possible since day 1, if you think they will do something after 5 years forget it rofl
    its been posted a gazillion times
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry though, guys. The Brassy Assassin personality is coming back to the Crown Store.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5837295#Comment_5837295
  • Tlania
    Tlania
    ✭✭✭
    I got a reply from gina ref the EU PC sotha cheats and they are actioning it, quite surprised to get a personnel message from her, well done Gina and crew hate cheaters, only thing they can do is ruin the game for people who wanna play
  • Crispen_Longbow
    Crispen_Longbow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tlania wrote: »
    I got a reply from gina ref the EU PC sotha cheats and they are actioning it, quite surprised to get a personnel message from her, well done Gina and crew hate cheaters, only thing they can do is ruin the game for people who wanna play

It's more of deleting posts and threads about it. That's why its best to post in the alliance war section, last place they look lol.

azvqcx085pjh.gif
    Crispen Longbow - Daggerfall Covenant (DC): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (Blue VE, Khole, LoM, MO)
    Crispen Longboww - Aldmeri Dominion (AD): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - Crispen's House of Pain RIP (KP, Yellow VE, Omni)
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luckily that player in the video is just straight awful. Imagine a good player having cheats like that. @Crispen_Longbow Is that CE? Or just some type of program like CE? I've only seen on player on NA PC that I think cheats, but haven't seen him around in a while so I assumed he got banned.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luckily that player in the video is just straight awful. Imagine a good player having cheats like that. @Crispen_Longbow Is that CE? Or just some type of program like CE? I've only seen on player on NA PC that I think cheats, but haven't seen him around in a while so I assumed he got banned.

He made that video as a commercial to show what can be done. Many people will buy that program from him, and be much more subtle in their cheating.
  • emma666
    emma666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tlania wrote: »

It's more of deleting posts and threads about it. That's why its best to post in the alliance war section, last place they look lol.

azvqcx085pjh.gif

If someone suspects someone of cheating, you contact and report to ZoS privately. It's well known by everyone on these forums that naming and shaming, whatever it might be about, is against their rules so don't act surprised or make up conspiracy theories when they remove posts accusing named people of cheating.
    Anrose wrote: »
    Don't worry though, guys. The Brassy Assassin personality is coming back to the Crown Store.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5837295#Comment_5837295

Thanks, this is the most helpful information in this thread honestly :)
    Nymeria - Ebonheart - Grand Overlady - Imperial Templar - Havoc

I wish you good fortune in the wars to come.
  • Crispen_Longbow
    Crispen_Longbow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a program like CE. It has been around for 18 months or so but wasn't until the author of the program started selling it the last few months were it gained traction.

Yes if he was a better player he could take full advantage of this lol.
  • Most_Awesome
    Most_Awesome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday Youtube vid ESO Cheat Engine EU Sotha Campaign its already been removed from forums once before today :(
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »

He made that video as a commercial to show what can be done. Many people will buy that program from him, and be much more subtle in their cheating.

GG capitalism.
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anrose wrote: »

rejoice!
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caught a elfish sort openly using some manner of teleport cheat today. They were even caught on the stream using it and a speed exploit to avoid having to play an incredibly easy game.

Judging from zone chat they were likely also using some other things to not die and deal excessive damage. But as they just turned and ran the moment they got spotted by the pack Khajiit can't confirm if that was just a case of bowtatoitis.
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • Gorrest
    Gorrest
    ✭✭✭
    There are alot of bugs in this game that 99.9% of people dont know about.I only know about 20 atm. Ranging from small set errors to permanent %increases. Been working posting a few on the DK discord that I had time to do. None of the ones I sent through with ingame report weren't ever fixed though. Only ones I gave to Quantum were fixed.
    Edited by Gorrest on February 20, 2019 11:23AM
    -PvP Characters-

AD Mag DK, Mc Flabben
    AD Mag Templar, Gorrest
    AD Mag Sorc, Edrene Kingsley
    AD MagWarden, Mc Woflen
    EP Stam Sorc, Elder Procs Online
    DC Stam DK, One Shot Online
  • Rin_Senya
    Rin_Senya
    ✭✭✭✭
    What's being shown in the videos above is not "bug" or "exploit" it a third party program that's being used for cheating. The author of the video explains in the comment below the video itself they wanted to show that cheating is still possible in this game and it's very unsecure and that Zenimax is doing nothing about it. Additionally they go on to say that there are other people in game cheating in the same way but less overtly.
    Anairi ~ EP | NA | AR50 - Dracarys
    Anaire ~ AD/EP | EU | AR50 - Banana Squad/Zerg Squad/AOE Rats

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thankfully not since my high school gf. Never want to do that again. NERF Cheaters.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Thankfully not since my high school gf. Never want to do that again. NERF Cheaters.

You had a girl friend in high school?
  • commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Recently I saw my friend tanking Zmaja on a Warden
    Rawr
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1iitizjk9rld.gif
    giphy.gif

SPEED HACK ON!
    INVISIBLE HACK ON!
    JUMP HACK ON!
    WALL HACK ON!
    99999 ATK DMG HACK ON!
    ETC

Hmmm
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1iitizjk9rld.gif
    giphy.gif

SPEED HACK ON!
    INVISIBLE HACK ON!
    JUMP HACK ON!
    WALL HACK ON!
    99999 ATK DMG HACK ON!
    ETC

This stuff is the reason I started to switch to consoles. Still happens, but its a lot more work to do so you see less people doing it. FPSers are the worst as autoaims are easy and powerful. I would have even switched ESO to console but Im too invested with gear and CP to want to do all over again for this game, and I do have a good PC so might as well use it for something.
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only and hopefully last time I've seen a cheater is 3-4 years ago, when that one guy was Bolt escaping across Cyrodiil, while spamming Reflective Wings, Breath of Life and Impale, all with the same character.

He also managed to somehow fly via Bolt Escape. It was impressive, and I was in such awe of his stunning potrayal that I simply had to recommend him to Zenimax.
    Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may be recommending more people to Zenimax if the program in the above video becomes mainstream.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh nooooo, the video has been removed from YouTube.

KeK.

Now we’ll never get down to the bottom of this!
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    Oh nooooo, the video has been removed from YouTube.

KeK.

Now we’ll never get down to the bottom of this!

It's still there, just put this in the browser. https://youtu.be/NH6qdsvALLk
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mintaka5 wrote: »
    If you are dominating K:D with the same rotation in under 1 second, you're cheating. And for those of you who like to split hairs and be arm-chair lawyers:

The synonyms of exploit:
    take advantage of, make use of, abuse, impose on, prey on, play on, misuse, ill-treat, bleed, suck dry, squeeze, wring, enslave, treat unfairly, withhold rights from; manipulate, cheat, swindle, fleece, victimize, live off the backs of; informal walk (all) over, take for a ride, put one over on, cash in on, rip off

Just because people kill you in 1 second, Mintaka, doesn't mean they do that to everyone else as well. Not hard to one shot a sorc who doesn't even keep shields up.

@LeifErickson you have no idea what you're talking about. I know you cheat. Prove me wrong, and we can be friends...NEVER!
  • emma666
    emma666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are dominating K:D with the same rotation in under 1 second, you're cheating. And for those of you who like to split hairs and be arm-chair lawyers:

The synonyms of exploit:
    take advantage of, make use of, abuse, impose on, prey on, play on, misuse, ill-treat, bleed, suck dry, squeeze, wring, enslave, treat unfairly, withhold rights from; manipulate, cheat, swindle, fleece, victimize, live off the backs of; informal walk (all) over, take for a ride, put one over on, cash in on, rip off

Just because people kill you in 1 second, Mintaka, doesn't mean they do that to everyone else as well. Not hard to one shot a sorc who doesn't even keep shields up.

@LeifErickson you have no idea what you're talking about. I know you cheat. Prove me wrong, and we can be friends...NEVER!

This is exactly what's wrong with publically accusing named people of cheating. You have people like this who get outplayed fair and square reporting and screeching about good players being cheaters, which is without a doubt the majority of reports on "cheaters". Shame, @Mintaka5, shame!
    Nymeria - Ebonheart - Grand Overlady - Imperial Templar - Havoc

I wish you good fortune in the wars to come.