The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

When was the last time you saw someone cheating?

• Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meteor Spamming in 2016.

Cheat Engine with increased stats was after that so 2017 most likely.

Saw a guy flying zick zack in the sky at insane speeds roughly half a year ago.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Revokus wrote: »

I do like his taste in music.

Real talk.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did get killed last night from full health to 0 and thought it was snipe desync but they flickered while right next to me and it was all heavy attacks. Could still have been lag and health desync though. I tried to hit alt-F10 so I can go back and look at it but NVidea was not up for some reason.
  • Druid40
    Druid40
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like to think there is one kind of cheater: banned.
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That time and the only time. When they could cast 100 meteors on your head.
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday. Somehow a player is able to get behind the gate of altadoom when it is locked and get our scroll and place 2 scrolls at Arrius. This is on Xbox.
  • Rin_Senya
    Rin_Senya
    ✭✭✭✭
    New video of the same dude. Now in PVE.

https://youtu.be/A5tQjitnFkg

It's incredible that he/she is still not banned.
    Anairi ~ EP | NA | AR50 - Dracarys
    Anaire ~ AD/EP | EU | AR50 - Banana Squad/Zerg Squad/AOE Rats

• Bone_Demon
    Bone_Demon
    ✭✭✭
    Rin_Senya wrote: »

It*
  • Crispen_Longbow
    Crispen_Longbow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In the battle ground clips(1:55) you can see his team mates are also running the cheat program. You see them glitch out of the perma invis and their poison injection bow attacks.

"Supposedly he was banned" that really stuck. :/

Crispen Longbow - Daggerfall Covenant (DC): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (Blue VE, Khole, LoM, MO)
    Crispen Longboww - Aldmeri Dominion (AD): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - Crispen's House of Pain RIP (KP, Yellow VE, Omni)
    Crispen Longbow-EP - Ebonheart Pact (EP): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (Red VE)
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should create a public scaffolds area in the alliance capitals and put these guys in those hanging cages as skeletons after they ban them. If they log in they can only stay in the cages. When they log out they stay as skeletons for everybody to see.
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last month: twice. "Blinking" NBs (different username) snipper that don't go out of cloak with aoe or det pots. Several people noticed that on SS EU.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remember there is a difference between cheating and exploiting. Last time I saw someone legit cheat was back in 2015ish during the Memorial Day weekend cheat engine disaster.

some weeks ago I saw a train training

xD
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Czirne wrote: »
    A day before yesterday there was an EP nb on Sotha Sil EU. Jumping up the keeps, permanent invisibility, sinking in ground textures and poping out when convinient. I pretty sure he was cheating.

Don't go Sotha... or shor.

IDDQD
    IDKFA

shirt-thumb-doom-god-mode.png
    Edited by Xvorg on March 13, 2019 7:07PM
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom so any comments about situation and existing cheat program(s) which they are using?
    Are developers know about this?
    Because that guys saying in comments they're not banned and they sell that program, how it can be possible in such high lvl company as ZOS?
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because that guys saying in comments they're not banned and they sell that program, how it can be possible in such high lvl company as ZOS?
    @ruikkarikun Yes, ZOS is well aware. The methods used in the video are decades old. ESO was not designed with security in mind. They probably planned on adding cheat mitigations but haven't gotten around to it yet.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He does make pretty entertaining videos

>,>
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why is this even allowed and nothing hase done to stop this?
    GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
    GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
    GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
    My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
  • Crispen_Longbow
    Crispen_Longbow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u846H5P-i4

And another video from the same cheat. ZOS is TERRIBLE!
    Crispen Longbow - Daggerfall Covenant (DC): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (Blue VE, Khole, LoM, MO)
    Crispen Longboww - Aldmeri Dominion (AD): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - Crispen's House of Pain RIP (KP, Yellow VE, Omni)
    Crispen Longbow-EP - Ebonheart Pact (EP): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (Red VE)
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheValar85 wrote: »
    why is this even allowed and nothing hase done to stop this?
    It's not possible for them to eliminate it, but they don't mitigate it the same way companies like Valve and Blizzard do because they don't want to pay for it.

Zenimax has the resources and the talent to implement robust cheat mitigation tools and policies. They choose not to. The technology costs money to implement and maintain, and the customer service costs of banning thousands of players at a time are high -- in popular games with cheat mitigation, it is normal to see thousands or even tens of thousands of players banned at a time.

The methods used here are as old as computer gaming. This stuff didn't catch ZOS by surprise. They launched knowing they were vulnerable.

I think it's just part of ESO's story as a game that launched late and before it was finished. It was a bad launch that didn't retain customers, so they changed focus to make ESO a more casual game and haven't looked back... so far, at least.
    Edited by zyk on March 18, 2019 8:49AM
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The person below my post is probably a cheater...
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well at least now we all know that there has been cheating in eso even after the cheat engine epidemic so many years ago. This has been a very successful post so far, I’m super happy
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well at least now we all know that there has been cheating in eso even after the cheat engine epidemic so many years ago. This has been a very successful post so far, I’m super happy

Successful isn’t a word I’d use to describe this post, and there is not anything to be happy about.

The integrity of the game has been completely compromised now. We now have irrefutable proof ZOS never fixed cheating. This means every encounter in pvp now you can never be certain your opponent didn’t cheat in someway. This is every bit as bad as the steroids issue that nearly killed MLB.

Unlike MLB, ZOS won’t do anything other than delete posts and find ways to get videos showing such cheating taken down, brush it under the rug, hide it at all costs.

Pvp is for all intents and purposes dead and has no integrity left, I would not be happy about that, I’d be sad.

I feel foolish giving folks benefit of the doubt, all those folks running stupidly fast, I told myself they were using certain sets and races, after seeing these videos they are pretty much 100% speed hacking.

The game doesn’t have an ounce of integrity left and a game with no integrity is a game that’s dead.

Nothing short of an anti-cheat like Battleeye would restore said integrity...it’s doubtful
    They do that though

Edited by RinaldoGandolphi on March 18, 2019 10:37PM
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Last time I suspected someone of cheating was when we saw a level 18, running faster then a person on a horse with rapids, without needed to rest from farragut all the way to chalman. (We had a scroll and he was following us and just run circles around our raid) Nobody could even hit him (nor he could do damage) and he had a constant white shield around him.

His name was funny though, something like "dont-report-me" or something like that. He was argonian.

Others saw it too. But maybe he/she just had a clever setup of cp, gear and traits. I don't know.
    Edited by Knootewoot on March 19, 2019 5:58AM
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Laggus
    Laggus
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u846H5P-i4

And another video from the same cheat. ZOS is TERRIBLE!

If you go to YouTube to view that particular cheat you will see Zenimax got it pulled for copyright breach. First rule of fight club..
    Edited by Laggus on March 19, 2019 2:24PM
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Remember that post you made about resource gains? That was responded to with derision and "heavy attack omg" replies.

Yeah, go back and look at it sometime and realize that nearly every angry responder ridiculing you was using something other than "heavy attack" to run a zero regen stats build.

It's been and I'm sure continues to be a problem, ZOS has literally done nothing to prevent it past easily circumvented counters.

Personally, I still have interest in ESO. But, until I see them implement actual cheat prevention and clear out the host of "cheating at pvp everyday" types... Well, I'm enjoying Anthem some. I enjoyed F76 some... I just don't see a point in playing pvp in game that's got issues related to cheating.

Pvp is for all intents and purposes dead and has no integrity left, I would not be happy about that, I’d be sad.

I feel foolish giving folks benefit of the doubt, all those folks running stupidly fast, I told myself they were using certain sets and races, after seeing these videos they are pretty much 100% speed hacking.

The game doesn’t have an ounce of integrity left and a game with no integrity is a game that’s dead.

I had been saying that on these forums for years. Same old groups (hint hint, all are guildies) would attack me in every thread.

It's overall a shame... It's a great game and if all the scum was removed it would be extremely balanced and quality pvp.

• Zelos
    Zelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheating in eso? How does ZOS not have protection against something as easy to detect as cheat engine? Server based at least limits 90% of things you can do:)
    Aeonhack - AD Stamina Nightblade - 5 Star General

CP1200

Creator and user of "Questionable" addons and game mechanics.
  • JackAshes
    JackAshes
    ✭✭✭
    Bone_Demon wrote: »
    5 minutes ago in Sotha Sil EU. Fresh tomato plucked from the garden just rank 10. Invisible, walking through terrain, hulk jump, total noob cant kill ***. But still annoying you cant kill it.

Yeah a lot of people in this thread eating crow right now deny this stuff exist when the community manager post on the forums last week that it exist and they are aware of it.

My suggestion to you is to report them. I have no doubt they will act on it. My other suggestion is to run nvidea replay software to reocord this stuff and have an add on like recount running on your screen. You will be very surprised what you see when you play back some of your fights in slow motion. Very surprised!

If Zos truly wants to crack down on it they could spend one day observing activity in IC. It is a hot bed for people using these types of hacks and they feel safer there because of limited population. You would be truly amazed what you can see there walking around stealth. Not even looking at PvP fights just boss kills alone.
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom so any comments about situation and existing cheat program(s) which they are using?

There's actually no comments about cheating or selling programs. Watching the video doesn't really show any cheat happening, taking place, or being initiated. Sure on the left hand of the screen the video publisher cleverly crafted a a way to get views of his video by typing in youtube edit : No damage on , invisible on, high jump on, yet you clearly see his life gauge bar go down time and again.

Also with the clever use of "SOUND EFFECTS" he's or they're just making it appear they're using a cheat engine, table or script when they pop off scattershot. It's actually not very hard at all to kill a person in pvp using bow skills.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{I'll edit//repost this section in 24 hours, after the so called monkey gets off my back}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} .

Next time, friend the so called cheater, get the program, then post threads about actual cheating since then you would have actual proof. We didn't see his desktop in the video, what was he running? CMD? Hacked zos admin codes for god mode? Cheat engine? WeMod? C++? A table from mr antifun? TelNet? Or ini file editing? No, my opinion is, they're very good at video editing, very good at killing pvp players, and very good at marketing to get view hits quickly on their channel. Nothing that warrants banning or even investigation.
    Edited by chaz on March 23, 2019 10:35AM
    Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
    Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • Flame_of_Hades
    Flame_of_Hades
    ✭✭✭
    JackAshes wrote: »
    Bone_Demon wrote: »
    5 minutes ago in Sotha Sil EU. Fresh tomato plucked from the garden just rank 10. Invisible, walking through terrain, hulk jump, total noob cant kill ***. But still annoying you cant kill it.

Yeah a lot of people in this thread eating crow right now deny this stuff exist when the community manager post on the forums last week that it exist and they are aware of it.

My suggestion to you is to report them. I have no doubt they will act on it. My other suggestion is to run nvidea replay software to reocord this stuff and have an add on like recount running on your screen. You will be very surprised what you see when you play back some of your fights in slow motion. Very surprised!

If Zos truly wants to crack down on it they could spend one day observing activity in IC. It is a hot bed for people using these types of hacks and they feel safer there because of limited population. You would be truly amazed what you can see there walking around stealth. Not even looking at PvP fights just boss kills alone.

Careful with that IC comment, there are alot of unintended things with the bosses, but that not hacking, its just exploiting a limited a.i., don't go starting a witch hunt lol
  • JackAshes
    JackAshes
    ✭✭✭
    chaz wrote: »

There's actually no comments about cheating or selling programs. Watching the video doesn't really show any cheat happening, taking place, or being initiated. Sure on the left hand of the screen the video publisher cleverly crafted a a way to get views of his video by typing in youtube edit : No damage on , invisible on, high jump on, yet you clearly see his life gauge bar go down time and again.

Also with the clever use of "SOUND EFFECTS" he's or they're just making it appear they're using a cheat engine, table or script when they pop off scattershot. It's actually not very hard at all to kill a person in pvp using bow skills.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{I'll edit//repost this section in 24 hours, after the so called monkey gets off my back}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} .

Next time, friend the so called cheater, get the program, then post threads about actual cheating since then you would have actual proof. We didn't see his desktop in the video, what was he running? CMD? Hacked zos admin codes for god mode? Cheat engine? WeMod? C++? A table from mr antifun? TelNet? Or ini file editing? No, my opinion is, they're very good at video editing, very good at killing pvp players, and very good at marketing to get view hits quickly on their channel. Nothing that warrants banning or even investigation.

Wake up man!

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/464060/cheating-video-posted-here-got-deleted-any-words-from-zos#latest