The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Enemies teleport when killed, making them unlootable

• AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC NA (non Steam) here. I've been having this same problem since Elsweyr went live. All zones, all characters. Getting tired of walking away from yellow boss corpses that I cannot loot. I'm also frustrated at what appears to be a lack of acknowledgement of the problem, much less any update on a fix. * sad panda *
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PC-NA on Steam also. I've been having the looting and enemies die standing bug for a while. Last night, I saw my first few teleports, which turned into a constant before I logged off. If I killed anything, one of the group would teleport. Weirdly, I have better luck looting teleported enemies than the ones who stay put :D
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is among the long list of old bugs that seem to have gotten exponentially more common in the last few weeks.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Cameron_Vayle
    Cameron_Vayle
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly...it has been THREE weeks since this was reported. This is a game breaker. Needs to be fixed. Just had 6 critters in a row do this to me. Logged out as it is not worth it to play this game in the state it is currently in. Will check in if they do a patch and if it fixes fine I will play if not then giving all the stuff to wife and not playing again.
    Edited by Cameron_Vayle on June 28, 2019 8:37PM
  • elvenmad
    elvenmad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the bug report thread and its been up long enough to warrant a ZoS response, it's not like its a tiny bug only affecting a specific place in the game, and ignoring it and releasing more new content does not make a difference , its in new content too This is a bug involving basic core gameplay and it happens randomly everywhere even with bosses.

I am pretty sure they are aware of it so the only conclusion must be they have been told not to respond. GG ZoS what's the point of reporting bugs if they are completely ignored.

Edited by elvenmad on June 29, 2019 3:55AM
    < PC - EU >
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    elvenmad wrote: »
    This is the bug report thread and its been up long enough to warrant a ZoS response, it's not like its a tiny bug only affecting a specific place in the game, and ignoring it and releasing more new content does not make a difference , its in new content too This is a bug involving basic core gameplay and it happens randomly everywhere even with bosses.

I am pretty sure they are aware of it so the only conclusion must be they have been told not to respond. GG ZoS what's the point of reporting bugs if they are completely ignored.

We will never understand the mysteries of what they choose to respond to, and what they choose not to. In the spirit of Douglas Adams, I am sure that as soon as we figure it out, they will implement a new, and more unfathomable, policy. :smiley:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, are you going to fix this? Almost every enemy teleports after being killed now. You strike the killing blow, they freeze for a few seconds, then appear at your feet... unlootable.

I log in, this happens on the first kill, I log out. Thankfully I have FFXIV Shadowbringers to play until you fix this.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • elvenmad
    elvenmad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Logged in today, went to farm some herbs, ores, first mob i killed teleported and unlootable.......................Logged out *** this BS, didn't even bother to go back to town.
    Edited by elvenmad on June 30, 2019 1:30PM
    < PC - EU >
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is very frustrating.
    RNG as to whether I get loot or not after a fight.
    After I beat a creature and it glows to loot it, I just go back and forth over the body slamming the key to loot and keep getting error messages that it's not in range.
    Edited by Red_Feather on July 1, 2019 6:51PM
  • playnox
    playnox
    ✭✭
    I reported this bug with video but seems like all /feedback /bug messages are going nowhere... At least moderators have to confirm, and give us time-frame for the fix (just like any other company would do)
  • kimaeril
    kimaeril
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still having this issue as well. I'm to the point where I don't even bother to go back to try and loot it or aggro something else to see if it's lootable so I can loot the original. I don't have time to mess with it and it's just frustrating and a waste of time.
  • Martinus72
    Martinus72
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another patch and another time it’s been ignored so I’m also switching my focus to another game for time being until Zoe will find their bearings.
  • Aurrynthea_Drake
    Aurrynthea_Drake
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_GaryA

Anyone want to weigh in on this? Seriously anyone. Just a note to say yes we are aware of this & are looking into it, please be patient.

You know the bog standard response you tote out to shut us players up...
    Edited by Aurrynthea_Drake on July 2, 2019 12:21PM
    Magic does not die. It merely sleeps until called forth into the world again.
    PC EU (PvE)(ex PvP)
  • SwoopIM
    SwoopIM
    ✭✭✭
    This has been going on for weeks - really began to notice it after Elsweyr released but it happens in all play areas. And it seems to be happening more and more frequently. Several maintenance patches later and it is still going on. It is very disruptive to game-play and it is well past time that this was fixed ZOS!!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SwoopIM wrote: »
    This has been going on for weeks - really began to notice it after Elsweyr released but it happens in all play areas. And it seems to be happening more and more frequently. Several maintenance patches later and it is still going on. It is very disruptive to game-play and it is well past time that this was fixed ZOS!!

Yeah, and ZOS silence is very annoying on this subject. I always attribute this to "we know about it but are not anywhere close to a fix, although we plan to get one when we get a moment, unless something else comes ... oooh .... donuts!"
  • corvair62
    corvair62
    ✭✭✭
    [snip] @ZOS, You know this is a bug. It is on all servers across all platforms, you could at the least say something. I know the few on the forums are just ignored or overlooked. [snip]

[edited for non-constructive comment]
    Edited by ZOS_RogerJ on July 2, 2019 4:36PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the reports on this, everyone. We have a fix for this issue going into Update 23.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When is update 23? Mid August?
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When is update 23? Mid August?

PTS for Update 23 should be this coming Monday, and then the usual PTS cycle is 5 weeks. So, yea, mid-August sounds about right.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could we get confirmation if this bug is tied to the moving conal AoE’s in trials? 6 weeks seems like a long time to wait for a fix to something so critical and widespread.
  • KappaKid83
    KappaKid83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reports on this, everyone. We have a fix for this issue going into Update 23.

You're kidding right? Is the game engine so bad as to where you can not fix this in an incremental? What did you do to make it not work as intended, as in what change in another incremental caused this? 7-8 weeks of a non-functioning feature in the game, and a pretty important one when you consider it can happen on Helm Drop Bosses, is inexcusable.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I understand that game development isn't as simple as writing a fix and pushing it out to users. I know there are a lot of steps involved and that y'all are publishing this fix as fast as you possibly can.

But can you explain to us why the devs have decided not to roll back the "fix" that introduced this bug as a temporary stopgap? Would that not be feasible? Or is the view in internal discussions that this isn't a serious enough bug to require immediate action? Because I assure you, this is one of the 2 or 3 most detrimental issues in the history of ESO. It's that bad.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • corvair62
    corvair62
    ✭✭✭
    not worth my retort
    Edited by corvair62 on July 2, 2019 8:17PM
  • Drako_Ei
    Drako_Ei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you cant loot the final boss of a trial, relogging fixes it, but its very annoying
  • KappaKid83
    KappaKid83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drako_Ei wrote: »
    If you cant loot the final boss of a trial, relogging fixes it, but its very annoying

Did not know this, lost a few helm drops this way
  • lakea
    lakea
    Soul Shriven
    Going to the Point Of Death and repeatedly clicking E (or whatever your loot button is) until you get to the actual body usually works as well.

Keep in mind, I said "usually". Results may vary.
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait, so 5-6 WEEKS? Are you serious? I really love this game but don't even want to play this is so bad. Can't yall push this live sooner?
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • gvardi_l
    gvardi_l
    ✭✭✭
    I'm usually don't leave such comments, but my god, everything is a joke at this point. Like, really??
    PC potato EU
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait, so 5-6 WEEKS? Are you serious? I really love this game but don't even want to play this is so bad. Can't yall push this live sooner?

The fix is likely bigger than people imagine it to be.
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The fix is likely bigger than people imagine it to be.

As much as I hate to say it I agree with this because the desync/positioning issue is effecting way more than just loot.