Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Begin Your Life of Crime with the Return..."

• mrpaxman
    mrpaxman
    ✭✭✭
    "...we are holding the Midyear Mayhem event until next year to ensure that the player experience is a good one..."

I suppose i can look forward to either of 2 things happening around this time next year

1) It does happen

2) The forum server will also break

I'm gonna guess number 2 since 99%+ of the time it is that
    Victory or Valhalla!
    PC NA
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mcb123 wrote: »
    In light of our ongoing work to improve game performance and the Activity Finder, we are holding the Midyear Mayhem event until next year to ensure that the player experience is a good one. In its place, we are moving forward the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood Celebration Event, which will run from July 2 to July 15, and will give players the chance to earn the Event Tickets needed to start the Onyx Indrik mount evolution.

this is awesome tbf, they are acknowledging there is a problem and are trying to fix it. this is what we want keep it coming!

They won’t fix performance, are you really that foolish to believe this greedy ass company?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ravena wrote: »
    PvP Players : wah wah my performance ZOS sucks

ZOS: we cancelled the pvp event to avoid issues there and are working on improving performance instead.

Also PvP Players: how dare you

PVP players: We've been telling you PVP performance sucks for years and nothing ever changes. We've been telling you that Groupfinder breaks under high demand for two years. We've been telling you the Battlegrounds queue bug is getting worse and needs a fix for over 6 months...

And NOW you cancel Midyear Mayhem?

ZOS: we really mean it about the fixes this time...

Also PVP players: *response runs the gamut from trusting ZOS, to "hope springs eternal", to NOPE! this was the last straw.*
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In that case why don't we just skip all events until you can assure performance allows these events?

Maybe we can get the casual part of the community to raise their voices of complains for once......

Who knows, maybe ZOS starts to listen then...
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So instead of using an upcoming event like the orsinium one as a replacement someone decided to roll the TG/DB Event again which we just had 3 month ago in march? Whoever came up with it and thought that the players will love it should be fired o:)>:)
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • mdylan2013
    mdylan2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sudaki_eso wrote: »
    So instead of using an upcoming event like the orsinium one as a replacement someone decided to roll the TG/DB Event again which we just had 3 month ago in march? Whoever came up with it and thought that the players will love it should be fired o:)>:)

They should have held the anniversary event, at least that one offers a little for all tastes
    PS4/EU
    CP-1300+
    PSN - LookoutLuke
    15 Max level toons
    PVE/PVP
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    Shifting gears here: Working insane hours 6 days a week on deadline for most of July; pretty please tell me that event tickets will be in the Crown Store this time around too??
    Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Threemoons wrote: »
    Shifting gears here: Working insane hours 6 days a week on deadline for most of July; pretty please tell me that event tickets will be in the Crown Store this time around too??

Probably?

If they don't have them during this event, the berry will be available during all the Q3 events, so you won't miss out once they do sell tickets in the Crown Store.
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    Threemoons wrote: »

Probably?

If they don't have them during this event, the berry will be available during all the Q3 events, so you won't miss out once they do sell tickets in the Crown Store.

I truly hope you're right, because I'm totally hosed if they're not as far as this event goes. OTOH it's SUCH a no-brainer as far as game revenue.....
    Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Band together PvP players, when this event goes live gather up all your friends and host duel tournaments, AOE spam gatherings, and general shenanigans at the hews bane and gold coast hot spots. Maybe zenimax will consider taking performance seriously when the non-pvp zones get a taste of what cyrodiil has been like every day for years.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • rothtwinsdad
    rothtwinsdad
    ✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    If you pvp, I suggest you ALL go into gold coast/hews bane and hold massive duels in front of the quest givers till lag in cyro is fixed.

Sorry pve players, it's a walk off.
    giphy.gif

And bring all your pets also to block it even more
    PS4/NA
    Ace Ventura: Magsorc pve dps
    Bodacious Brutality: Stamblade pve dps
    Freezer Pops: Magden pvp DC
    Nature Boy: Stamden pvp DC
    Tramp Stampler: Magplar pve dps
    Sargent Slaughterfish: Magblade
    Unbreakable: Stampler pvp DC
    Combustible: DK pve tank
    Romancing The Bone: Stamcro pve dps/tank
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In light of our ongoing work to improve game performance and the Activity Finder, we are holding the Midyear Mayhem event until next year to ensure that the player experience is a good one. In its place, we are moving forward the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood Celebration Event, which will run from July 2 to July 15, and will give players the chance to earn the Event Tickets needed to start the Onyx Indrik mount evolution.
    mdylan2013 wrote: »

Are you serious? Way to shaft the pvp players.

You should know by now zos doesnt care about pvp players. We will get no resolution.

She doesn't even mention pvp performance in this post. Just "improve game performance". Maybe tell the truth, that pvp performance is already so terribly unplayable that if you had the event no one would be able to play. And that is not an exaggeration, at least on xbox.

And that post from matt offers no information, and i think no mention, of pvp performance. This has been going on for years and you dont even mention in. If i recall it was just telling us that add ons and an influx of players are why its happening. But thats not the point, this is a pvp event so why not go into detail about it or make a statement in its own thread?
  • Trian94
    Trian94
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's good! No Midyear Mayhem means that the servers get to live longer. The event should not take place untill performance is fixed. Does this mean we wouldn't be having the event ever again though???
    PC EU

Stamina Socerer main - Northam Stormborn
  • rsantijw13
    rsantijw13
    ✭✭✭
    to be fair balancing to pvp has cost pve a lot of things. I am a pvper and have known this quite well. Pvp isnt always the one being screwed over pretty much its just everyone.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rsantijw13 wrote: »
    to be fair balancing to pvp has cost pve a lot of things. I am a pvper and have known this quite well. Pvp isnt always the one being screwed over pretty much its just everyone.

Seriously. The the "THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT PVP" crowd, I would say that every single ability in this game that was ever actually fun to use would like a word with you.

They've not exactly done a great job with addressing the PVP problems, but to pretend they haven't tried and don't care is simply dishonest.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    rsantijw13 wrote: »

Seriously. The the "THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT PVP" crowd, I would say that every single ability in this game that was ever actually fun to use would like a word with you.

They've not exactly done a great job with addressing the PVP problems, but to pretend they haven't tried and don't care is simply dishonest.

Seriously? They dev notes citing performance in PvE over and over would like to have a word with you.
  • Nogawd
    Nogawd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, the entitlement. Some of these people have serious personality disorders. Eat a cookie, relax, geeze.
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nogawd wrote: »
    Again, the entitlement. Some of these people have serious personality disorders. Eat a cookie, relax, geeze.

Entitlement: wanting the product you paid for to actually work.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    If you pvp, I suggest you ALL go into gold coast/hews bane and hold massive duels in front of the quest givers till lag in cyro is fixed.

Sorry pve players, it's a walk off.
    giphy.gif

"What is this? An event for ants?!!???"
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    Band together PvP players, when this event goes live gather up all your friends and host duel tournaments, AOE spam gatherings, and general shenanigans at the hews bane and gold coast hot spots. Maybe zenimax will consider taking performance seriously when the non-pvp zones get a taste of what cyrodiil has been like every day for years.

honestly.. Im sure it will be a *** show anyway since the whole game is laggy rn, but maybe then some people will understand how bad it is in cyrodil.
    Edited by eso_lags on June 29, 2019 10:20AM
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am confused about what fixing the LFG has to do with Cyrodiil? Most of us in PVP don’t do battlegrounds.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really that big of an issue to be honest.
    • Player-base is dropping steadily, it's been more noticeable in the past few months.
    • 30-Day Campaigns are not enjoyable on console due to poor frame-rates and latency, this has steadily gotten worse which is odd because we now have half the campaigns we used to have.
    That is very true. It is sad to me so many OG players have quit the game due to poor performance and communication by ZOS. The current load screen problems literally kill us.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karivaa wrote: »
    I am confused about what fixing the LFG has to do with Cyrodiil? Most of us in PVP don’t do battlegrounds.

It's the event. Has an achievement and includes battlegrounds
  • Obsidian3
    Obsidian3
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I don't play TG or DB so no event tickets for me! Gee thanks. I don't PvP either but at least with Midyear I could jump into Cyrodiil do an easy scouting mission and get some tickets. And how many damned quests would I have to go through just to get to where I could so Sacraments and Heists?

Sorry I'm complaining, I forgot about the Crown Store.

Do *** content I hate or spend real money.

I love the choices in this game.
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bad decision. i "grind" that housing scroll for nearly a year now.
    hoped to make a good step forward during that event. now feel like just...dont know... kinda empty
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KappaKid83 wrote: »
    Marto wrote: »
    KappaKid83 wrote: »

Could we get some clarification and communication as to what the process has been and how far along in this process we actually are? Any communication would be great, like any at all...

You're talking like they don't communicate about the issue. They do.

In other posts over here in the forums and the recent reddit AMA, the devs confirmed they are working on a complete rework of the group finder. Current ETA is with the release of the Dragonhold DLC, around October-December.
    They recently discovered that the group finder breaks when there's too many players queuing at the same time. So an event is the worst case scenario you could ever get.
    That's why so many players complain about a buggy group finder, and so many players never have issues of any kind. Its performance depends entirely on the time of day you play in, and how many players are queued. If no one is online, you get a long, but bug-free queue. If a lot of people are online, you get a short, buggy queue.

They know it sucks. That's why they are reworking it.
    And they know it's embarassing that it took them 2 years to find the reason for the bugs. But hey, that's what QA is like for software.

Hi there, I am well aware of the AMA and the posts on this forum(I have read them over multiple times to see if I have missed anything or to make sure I got the information I needed). What I am saying is the lack of overall communication, updates regarding the process, what was causing something and what is being done to rectify. There is also the lack of testing that seems to go on when new content goes out or the lack of listening to bug reports from PTS issues. It is frustrating when they "patch" one issue and then alter or break another part of the game(most recently the guild issues).

You can copy and paste everything they have ever posted and I will have read it, getting real time updates and a known issue forum is the next step. Also, communication as a whole, the roadmap and the layout has never been implemented and is seemingly shelved which should frustrate you along with everyone else looking for answers or even some sort of presence from the devs.

Link to the ama?
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Why this event though? Out of all the ones you could pick you chose the one nobody likes.
    You don't represent everyone. I happen to really like the Thieves Guild & Dark Brotherhood event, and I know plenty of other people who do as well.

I enjoy the dark brotherhood and thieve's guild content, but the heists and sacraments get very tedious after a while. Especially if you're trying to actually get a decent reward out of it. This game's stealth system is just not so goodly in general.
    With the right gear and some practice it's incredibly easy to always complete heists and sacraments at the maximum reward tier, taking minimal time. Some are easier than others, but all can be done easily by any class with the right gear. Depending on how I'm feeling, during an event I'll do them on as many as about 15 characters in a day. It's a great way to get gold & motifs while ranking up guild skill lines.

True.
    But please Urquan, don't tell them.
    It's nice to look "skilled" because you can do those easily (like I do). Heists and sacraments are by far my favourite content in ESO - and if I can be "praised" by others for it...
    :-)

• Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As Compensation ZOS should give every player 200K AP
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Midyear Mayhem is a no win situation.

Have it?

Battlegrounds is required for 100% completion of the achievements. BGs are an important part of PVP. Battlegrounds groupfinder is seriously bugged and ZOS knows it. So having the event is a recipe for frustration.

And, let's be honest, the Cyrodiil campaigns don't handle it well, AND you'd be having it while people are still struggling with the odd faction locking that happened this month.

Don't have it?

All the PVPers are annoyed because they don't get their event.

Best solution?
    Fix BG groupfinder fast.
    Make faction locking clear and work as intended at the end of campaigns.
    Then have Midyear Mayhem.

f7FdEdG.jpg

Personally I'm sad that we're skipping Midyear Mayhem because for the most part I've really enjoyed that event in the past (even though I'm not a regular PVPer), but I understand not wanting to have it when such an integral part of it is broken, especially with the player population being as high as it has been over the past ~6 months. If we're seeing issues now, just imagine how amplified they'd be with an event sending all kinds of people who don't usually PVP into PVPland.

I personally happen to really like the Thieves Guild & Dark Brotherhood event as well, because I like doing heists and sacraments (they're really easy with the right gear and a bit of practice), so for me it's a nice replacement for Midyear Mayhem. At the same time I really hope that they make the needed fixes to the group finder quickly, sort out the faction lock stuff, and hopefully work more on general performance issues, and then give us Midyear Mayhem a bit later in the year when those things are in a better state than they are currently.

'with the right gear and practice...'

these two quests are among the most tedious and aggravating activities in the game, to me. obviously i don't have the 'right gear' or enough practice to make them easy.

suppose that's why they sell event tickets in the cash shop. :/ (yeah, *** that)

• disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did the required quests yesterday and it only reminded me of how horribly tedious and annoying they are. Definitely will not be doing them again this event.

If I really, really, really want and need the tickets and decide I cannot live without them (which I doubt), I'll go to the crown store.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.