The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Official Discussion Thread for "Begin Your Life of Crime with the Return..."

• markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for me it is ok.

We had a survey some days ago, features or fixes?

High majority voted for fixes, so I am glad that ZOS realizes the will of most players.

I prefer midyear to thieves guild, but cyro meanwhile would be limited anyway due to faction lock.
    Midyear with faction lock, so you can only do the dailies in vlastarus OR Bruma, not both (enemy territory).

So it is fine. PVP players can continue to play in cyro without being harrassed by thousands of evil spies, and the fixes hopefully will benefit all players. Elsweyrs constant crashes using wayshrines on xbox give no good impression to newcomers...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In light of our ongoing work to improve game performance and the Activity Finder, we are holding the Midyear Mayhem event until next year
    source.gif
    Edited by geonsocal on June 27, 2019 7:51PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In my best mom voice, I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed.

In my best dad voice, I'm disappointed. Not so much at ZeniMax anymore, but in myself for actually expecting something else.

• merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the equivalent to saying well, we won't be going to the beach today because I have a hangover, and you complained last time that I was not fun. I will use your beach time to trim my nails, because in all honesty, the drive only takes me 20 mins but I pretend it's a really huge job to set up this event. This sacrifice by you will produce a great chocolate cake for your sister at some time in the next year...

Except that after many, many years of no cake, we begin to doubt cake exists... or that it won't look like a frozen pop tart when it finally arrives.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sometimes we don't get everything we want. Big deal. That's life.

Investing time to fix significant performance problems is what people have been screaming about. This is a good thing.
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    It is very clear at this point that zenimax has designated PVP as a dead portion of their game, and one that is not profitable enough to invest any resources into. You just cited an article about "EU server performance" as the reason you're cancelling THE ONLY PVP EVENT OF THE ENTIRE YEAR. There is no "ongoing effort to improve performance", you haven't even formulated a plan on how to address it yet because you don't care. After all, the most profitable portions of the playerbase are the cosmetic and housing enthusiasts, right?

This is pathetic. If you were so worried about the BG queue finder not working, THE ONLY PORTION OF THE EVENT THAT WOULD BE AFFECTED ACCORDING TO YOUR CITED SOURCE, you could leave the double AP modifier to cyrodiil and IC only.

*** off zenimax.

You got another midyear mayhem in january thought

It was a bonus event and they clearly stated they’d have one this summer. The fact that they pulled out at the last minute shows how much of an unprofessional joke this pathetic company is.
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shantu wrote: »
    Sometimes we don't get everything we want. Big deal. That's life.

Investing time to fix significant performance problems is what people have been screaming about. This is a good thing.

Yeah go ahead and mock the people who have been lied to about them fixing significant performance problems for literally 5 years. Lets see them take away the thing you've been looking forward to FOR AN ENTIRE YEAR.. not oh we gonna roll this out later but a whole year later (see that nothing even gets fixed) and hear you say thats life. Thats all life is in eso for pvpers. Empty promises, the pvp community is tired of it.
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you pvp, I suggest you ALL go into gold coast/hews bane and hold massive duels in front of the quest givers till lag in cyro is fixed.

Sorry pve players, it's a walk off.
    giphy.gif

Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    If you pvp, I suggest you ALL go into gold coast/hews bane and hold massive duels in front of the quest givers till lag in cyro is fixed.

giphy.gif
    I’ll do that. I’ll get all of my guildies to just have massive dueling tournaments inside the zone so everyone can endure the lag.
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Was really looking forward to midyear mayhem :( this isn't very fun news.
    EU PC
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_MattFiror should have ended the BE3 ESO showcase with: "by the way everyone, we are canceling Midyear Mayhem. Have a goodnight! See you next E3!"

What a $#!7 show.

Midyear Mayhem was, and still is, by far, the most popular and original ESO event.
    And, no, ESO events that mimic real-world holidays don't count. Holiday events are just crown-store marketing gimmicks sprinkled and baited with a double XP bonus.Oh, it's Halloween, buy this undead/skeleton/ghost horse. Oh, it's Christmas, buy this snowflake so you can feel so special. Oh, it's April Fools. The only fools are us, the players. We got Z0$'d yet again.

The only time Cyrodiil ever feels alive is during the Midyear Mayhem event.
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭

giphy.gif

Feel free to utilize my Dueling Arena in Linchal Grand Manor, north of Kvatch.
    Just... Clean up after yourself. :wink:
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game is trash.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of the events are any fun, so I don't care either way.
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know, I stopped subbing for the first time since 2014 last year... went an entire year without subbing to "vote with my wallet", I realize they dont actually give a crap about my measly few bucks a month but it was a statement i was willing to stand for bc just kinda sick of the kind of company theyve turned into.

I resubbed for 2 months this year, for reasons... well Im done, like seriously done. They may not care that Im never giving them money again but Im seriously done supporting them in any way. They have pulled our strings for too long with empty promises and never delivering. They have proven that they arent capable of fixing performance and/or not willing. Taking away the one thing pvpers have just to avoid the flood of threads that yell about performance is a chicken *** move. Thats all this is really about. Avoiding not fixing. Been told that crap WAY too long to believe it.
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordTareq wrote: »

ill make it fun. Join the massive PVP duel in gold coast!! Bring a pet sorc and make sure you stand in from of quest givers lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Arandear
    Arandear
    ✭✭✭
    Always been a massive supporter of Zeni but wow thats messed up. Performance has been trash for so long in PvP and has gone practically unnoticed by Zeni and now they're halting the only event we PvPers look forward too in the year. Guarantee they don't even get around to improving the performance over the course of the year either.

Very disappointed. :/
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

giphy.gif

Feel free to utilize my Dueling Arena in Linchal Grand Manor, north of Kvatch.
    Just... Clean up after yourself. :wink:

we just came from the bloody field, I would hate to mess up your carpets. Plus its nice to fight in the streets ;)
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • allup8679
    allup8679
    ✭✭✭
    In light of our ongoing work to improve game performance and the Activity Finder, we are holding the Midyear Mayhem event until next year to ensure that the player experience is a good one. In its place, we are moving forward the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood Celebration Event, which will run from July 2 to July 15, and will give players the chance to earn the Event Tickets needed to start the Onyx Indrik mount evolution.

Thanks for removing one of the few things you do for PvP and doing a DLC event.

No disrespect intended but *** off.
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not even a pvper and i'm annoyed because I don't like doing these dailies. I'd honestly rather pvp.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • Aerius_Sygale
    Aerius_Sygale
    ✭✭✭✭
    In light of our ongoing work to improve game performance and the Activity Finder, we are holding the Midyear Mayhem event until next year to ensure that the player experience is a good one. In its place, we are moving forward the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood Celebration Event, which will run from July 2 to July 15, and will give players the chance to earn the Event Tickets needed to start the Onyx Indrik mount evolution.

SURE GLAD I ALREADY GOT MY OVERLORD'S PURPLE DYE. >_< Would have been nice to, since that close already, just get to 5-Star during this event, but I guess the "Encore" replaced the main Midyear Mayhem time this year after all...
    PS4/PS5, NA | PSN: AeriusSygale | Alliance War Rank 50 (Grand Overlord Grade 2) | CP: 2560+
  • danthemann5
    danthemann5
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You ought to be ashamed of yourselves.
    ZeniMax has no obligation to correct any errors or defects in the Services.

Greetings! We've closed this thread due to its non-constructive nature.

"You know you don't have to be here right?" - ZOS_RichLambert
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LordTareq wrote: »

ill make it fun. Join the massive PVP duel in gold coast!! Bring a pet sorc and make sure you stand in from of quest givers lol.

I'll finally be able to wear Maw of the Infernal, use 2 pets, and still be able to respect myself! Lol
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, everyone, at least we still have the IMPERIAL CITY ANNIVERSARY event in September to look forward to.
    Or is that canceled, too? @ZOS_SarahHecker :angry:
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was looking forward to the mid year event but I never did BG's anyway.
    Will only be doing enough to get tickets but that Indrik looks ugly.

RIP PVP.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »

@ZOS_SarahHecker

Does this event come with any double XP source? Lots of hungry alts and new players would appreciate it!

Normally it doesnt
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This is worst decision, was waiting for mid year mayhem event.

Can ZOS not even handle simple event.
  • eovogtb16_ESO
    eovogtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How come you are cancelling it for queue reasons and not even acknowledging how unplayable Cyrodiil is even without this event?
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No quick balance fixes to change things like the necro bash, no stability or performance fixes, no actual new pvp content since Morrowind, no private lobby system for BGs, no good PvP rewards comparable to trial skins or undaunted plunder, no fixes to BG queue issues, no non-cp dueling options, no pet targeting fixes, and no arena system or options for more competitive gameplay, and now zos takes away the one dedicated PvP event of the year...
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for shafting pvp players once more