The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Begin Your Life of Crime with the Return..."

• BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m a bit flummoxed (great word) about many of the responses to this news...

We all wanted more comms - we got that here..... and many people wanted fixes for the game rather than events and new content..... and we are apparently getting that too.... isn’t this good news?

Seems ZOS are damned either way....
  • KappaKid83
    KappaKid83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marto wrote: »
    KappaKid83 wrote: »
    In light of our ongoing work to improve game performance and the Activity Finder, we are holding the Midyear Mayhem event until next year to ensure that the player experience is a good one. In its place, we are moving forward the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood Celebration Event, which will run from July 2 to July 15, and will give players the chance to earn the Event Tickets needed to start the Onyx Indrik mount evolution.

Could we get some clarification and communication as to what the process has been and how far along in this process we actually are? Any communication would be great, like any at all...

You're talking like they don't communicate about the issue. They do.

In other posts over here in the forums and the recent reddit AMA, the devs confirmed they are working on a complete rework of the group finder. Current ETA is with the release of the Dragonhold DLC, around October-December.
    They recently discovered that the group finder breaks when there's too many players queuing at the same time. So an event is the worst case scenario you could ever get.
    That's why so many players complain about a buggy group finder, and so many players never have issues of any kind. Its performance depends entirely on the time of day you play in, and how many players are queued. If no one is online, you get a long, but bug-free queue. If a lot of people are online, you get a short, buggy queue.

They know it sucks. That's why they are reworking it.
    And they know it's embarassing that it took them 2 years to find the reason for the bugs. But hey, that's what QA is like for software.

Hi there, I am well aware of the AMA and the posts on this forum(I have read them over multiple times to see if I have missed anything or to make sure I got the information I needed). What I am saying is the lack of overall communication, updates regarding the process, what was causing something and what is being done to rectify. There is also the lack of testing that seems to go on when new content goes out or the lack of listening to bug reports from PTS issues. It is frustrating when they "patch" one issue and then alter or break another part of the game(most recently the guild issues).

You can copy and paste everything they have ever posted and I will have read it, getting real time updates and a known issue forum is the next step. Also, communication as a whole, the roadmap and the layout has never been implemented and is seemingly shelved which should frustrate you along with everyone else looking for answers or even some sort of presence from the devs.
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We all wanted more comms - we got that here..... and many people wanted fixes for the game rather than events and new content..... and we are apparently getting that too.... isn’t this good news?

Performance issues have plagued ESO for 5 years. Issues with the bg que system have plagued the bg que system for 2 years since it came out. Waiting till 6 days before a yearly event was scheduled to take place is not GOOD COMMUNICATION.
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
  • JonnAndCo
    JonnAndCo
    ✭✭✭
    Keep in mind, communication is two ways. When we ask for changes, and they read our feedback and take it into consideration, the game improves. Regardless, civil communication is never a bad thing.
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They have been telling us they're working on performance for years and nothing happens. We don't trust them at this point. We want meaningful communication and not "We're looking into it" or "We're working on it"
    Edited by valeriiya on June 27, 2019 5:49PM
  • Skorro
    Skorro
    ✭✭✭✭

Sure extra communication is great - it just feels slimey to me that the way they announced mym bring cancelled was to hide it in this thread instead of giving it is own announcement.
    Edited by Skorro on June 27, 2019 5:50PM
  • Claudman
    Claudman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Certainly you could've chosen a better event to encore if you're going to gimp PvP'ers (or new PvE'ers/PvE alts who need their skills) with postponing Midyear.

With Necromancer having come out so recently, most would think that you'd release an encore with a double XP buff (Jester, New Life, etc.) so people can play their Necromancers at max level. Why did you chose the one event that virtually gives nothing except more motifs and double materials?
    Welcome, Moon-and-Star, to this place where destiny is made.

I play healers or DPS often for vet dungeons and trials (NA, CP810+). I play mostly elves or Argonians.
    I primarily play Damage-Based stuff in PvP, but occasionally I'll play something tanky or got the heals.
    I also love gaining more knowledge both metaphysical and mundane regarding TES lore.

I also occasionally role-play, but I prefer playing the game.
  • GazHilarant
    GazHilarant
    ✭✭
    Not really that big of an issue to be honest.
    • Player-base is dropping steadily, it's been more noticeable in the past few months.
    • 30-Day Campaigns are not enjoyable on console due to poor frame-rates and latency, this has steadily gotten worse which is odd because we now have half the campaigns we used to have.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We do want more communication and more fixes.

But do you really expect people to be happy when they hear "So that BG queue problem you've been telling us is getting worse for more than 6 months now is bad enough that we're cancelling your main PVP event and the fix won't be in until Q4 or early next year"?

Yes, these things take time. I get that.

But PVP issues have been going on for years and nothing ZOS has done has fixed it.

I cant blame anyone looking at this like thats the last straw.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    People complain because of PvP performance and then complain because ZOS (in a logic decision) doesn't release (delays probably) a PvP event that would bring EVEN MORE lag and bad performance.

If Cyrodiil is not doing good currently, imagine if thousands of more players go there to get double AP during the festival.

Good job ZOS! And I really mean good job.

Edited by Dragonnord on June 27, 2019 6:27PM
    SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In light of our ongoing work to improve game performance and the Activity Finder, we are holding the Midyear Mayhem event until next year to ensure that the player experience is a good one. In its place, we are moving forward the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood Celebration Event, which will run from July 2 to July 15, and will give players the chance to earn the Event Tickets needed to start the Onyx Indrik mount evolution.

I'm guessing there will never be another MidYear Mayhem again since you guys can't seem to ever actually fix game performance?

• RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope ZOS understands our skepticism when they tell us it`s delayed until next year while they resolve performance-related issues, considering we've been told they have been working in these issues for like the past three or four years now...

Also, the replacement event is in no way a replacement for the PvP community. A large portion of it doesn't care about DLCs or PvE zones, they want PvP. It`s like saying "we're sorry, we can't sell you burgers because there's been a recall on the beef we use, instead have this nice coffee."
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "We are cancelling the only PVP event but here is a PVE event for you in the meantime" Grrrrrreat. Thanks ZOS. Nothing will change anyway so why bother cancelling the only thing pvp'ers have? Crap performance? Yeah so what thats everyday for the past 5 years so whats the damn difference? Pvp'ers have learned to adapt. But nah dont let us adapt just shove some basic crap pve event our way. Bring it back next year? Next year... man you guys just *** on everything.
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bravo Zo$, just bravo! You constantly find ways to *** off your community and this honestly tops it off.
    You cancel an event because of your inability to fix YOUR game. This is despicable. I am absolutely disgusted.
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They've been talking about fixing things for literally YEARS. So YES we are sick of the boy who cried wolf from ZOS and NO dont believe them even in the slightest that they are doing anything to fix. 5 years and counting. Communication doesn't matter if its all lies anyway.
    Member of the Old Guard
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • Tesfa
    Tesfa
    This is *** ***. This game really does not care about PvP players it’s insane.
  • Snowstrider
    Snowstrider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No double rewards in Maw of Lorkhaj besides defiled whiskers?
  • Smohk
    Smohk
    Soul Shriven
    See you in a year then, after you have 'fixed the servers'.
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smohk wrote: »
    See you in a year then, after you have 'fixed the servers'.

You mean, never @Smohk, see you never. "Fixed"... lol thats damn laughable
    Member of the Old Guard
    Viva la Byte
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You and the other devs have been talking about fixing the bugs and lag in PvP for YEARS and we are still waiting for your promises to mean something. Now you are taking away pretty much the ONLY EVENT that we have. Thank you for scr*wing over PvP once again. Very nicely done.
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • peb031286
    peb031286
    Soul Shriven
    How you are gonna get rid of the one event that everyone looks forward to and replace it with one that no one give a toss about that is a massive kick in the teeth to everyone that plays this game.today u added house for 15k crowns ur games is working well enough to add that u also added a new mount for 2k crowns ur game is working good enough to add that ur game is gonna work well enough next week to add your new season of crown crates maybe people in protest should not buy the crown crates to show them how upset they about them skipping mid year mayhem maybe a nice big kick in the teeth to zos for screwing everyone over 😂
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VoiDGhOs7 wrote: »
    Don't get your hopes up, nothing will change, garbage performance is here to stay, if they could fix the server issues they would have done that long time ago.

That's the thing. They've had FIVE YEARS to address server performance, FIVE YEARS to fix things like:
    • The in-combat riding bug.
    • The loading screen when a keep flips bug.
    • The server boundary bug - also known as getting caught on a tear where you just stand there stuck in a running animation, helpless.
    • Loading screens at odd times, even when walking.
    • The transporting keep door bug. After one or two repairs the entire door structure just up and MOVES away from you.
    • Frame rate dropping to <1 even on very high-end machines with low latency connections. It appears server controlled and just freezes you in place for no reason.
    • The bar swap/break free bug where you can't do those basic things no matter your ping. And, by definition, it only happens in a fight and an intense fight at that.
    If you regard the acronym, MMO, as standing for....you know....words, and you believe that words have meaning, Cyrodiil is the only portion of ESO that qualifies as an MMO.

If you don't want to provide and support an MMO, fine. Shut down Cyrodiil, just shut it down. Stop lying. Dump the pretense. Genuine online gamers will be forced to find something better and your lives will be easier.
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »
    And this is a proof that people are just moaning and complaining, reasons not needed.

Sarah said clearly why it was postponed and with some good thoughts.

If they didn't postpone it, people would complain - ur PVP servers r trash, u suck, the game can't run normal times gl with event, LOL, OMEGALUL - and similar, highly intelligent replies.

When they postponed it with 2 good reasons people still complain - you don't care for PVP, thank you zos for nothing!!!1! cancelling my sub!1!! etc.

When there is an event that is supposed to happen once a year that doesn't happen and won't until the next year that's not postponed, that's cancelled bro.
  • OOJIMMY
    OOJIMMY
    ✭✭✭
    All those deer died for nothing...
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RMerlin wrote: »
    I hope ZOS understands our skepticism when they tell us it`s delayed until next year while they resolve performance-related issues, considering we've been told they have been working in these issues for like the past three or four years now...

Also, the replacement event is in no way a replacement for the PvP community. A large portion of it doesn't care about DLCs or PvE zones, they want PvP. It`s like saying "we're sorry, we can't sell you burgers because there's been a recall on the beef we use, instead have this nice coffee."

Hmm...more like being given a rice cake instead of a burger
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you kidding me? One of my most favorite times of the year is Midyear Mahem! Alls I do is pvp. And now because of your issues you are cancelling it? Too many PVE’ers complain to you? Grrrr! I’ve played since release and put up with a ton of BS. This takes the cake. I was waiting to be able to buy more VD. Thanks Zos for once again not caring about those of us who play PVP!
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also how about you announce it on the forums instead of burying it?
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS, you are a very tiring company. I really mean it.
    You give us ZERO reason to defend you.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    It is very clear at this point that zenimax has designated PVP as a dead portion of their game, and one that is not profitable enough to invest any resources into. You just cited an article about "EU server performance" as the reason you're cancelling THE ONLY PVP EVENT OF THE ENTIRE YEAR. There is no "ongoing effort to improve performance", you haven't even formulated a plan on how to address it yet because you don't care. After all, the most profitable portions of the playerbase are the cosmetic and housing enthusiasts, right?

This is pathetic. If you were so worried about the BG queue finder not working, THE ONLY PORTION OF THE EVENT THAT WOULD BE AFFECTED ACCORDING TO YOUR CITED SOURCE, you could leave the double AP modifier to cyrodiil and IC only.

*** off zenimax.

You got another midyear mayhem in january thought