Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Enemies teleport when killed, making them unlootable

whitecrow
whitecrow
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Frequently when I kill an enemy in Elsweyr, they will disappear and then reappear several feet away, moving in my direction. That looks weird enough, but if they have loot, I cannot loot them, presumably because the game thinks they are in another location.
  • huhjun1978
    huhjun1978
    ✭✭✭
    Not only Elsweyr, recently I had same issues (don't remember where)
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is happening in all zones.
    I have found if you kill something else (anything that leaves a lootable corpse) with in a certain radius the teleported corpse looted when you loot the something else.

Most recently for me this happened in Bangkori and Glenumbra.

Edited by majulook on June 7, 2019 4:15PM
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been happening to me for days and it's really bad today. I'm on my Sorcerer and I'll kill something at a distance then it vanishes and reappears at my feet or past me even and then it says I'm out of range to loot it even though I'm standing on it. The only way I can loot is to log out and back in, even reloading doesn't work. Every zone I've been in, all of them this is happening.

Editing: yeah this is gamebreaking IMO. I can't do anything today, I have to relog constantly.
    Edited by Wildberryjack on June 8, 2019 3:58PM
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happening in all zones. Happend in a fungal grotto on the final boss as well which was really annoying.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This has been happening to me for days and it's really bad today. I'm on my Sorcerer and I'll kill something at a distance then it vanishes and reappears at my feet or past me even and then it says I'm out of range to loot it even though I'm standing on it. The only way I can loot is to log out and back in, even reloading doesn't work. Every zone I've been in, all of them this is happening.

Editing: yeah this is gamebreaking IMO. I can't do anything today, I have to relog constantly. I'll be back to play when this is fixed and not before.

I'm surprised that they are still there when you log back in. I would have thought it would "reset" the area.
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whitecrow wrote: »

Editing: yeah this is gamebreaking IMO. I can't do anything today, I have to relog constantly. I'll be back to play when this is fixed and not before.

I'm surprised that they are still there when you log back in. I would have thought it would "reset" the area.

Most of the time it doesn't reset the area, sometimes though yeah unfortunately it does.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Martinus72
    Martinus72
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm this happens in all zones. I’ve encountered it for the first time yesterday and it’s very annoying when it happens with every third mob killed...
    Is it a sign of overloaded server? My ping was in 60s ms at that time.
    It’s EU PC if it helps.
    Edited by Martinus72 on June 8, 2019 3:00PM
  • JacobCora
    JacobCora
    ✭✭
    Yes, it's happening :(. At least Dragons are not affected :D
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok this was odd. Last night the dead target did the teleport forward thing ending up at my feet and I could not loot so I logged out and back in hoping it would not reset. Well it didn't, but something interesting happened. The dead target wasn't in the same spot, it was back where I originally killed it before it teleported forward.

So I set my character to walk and counted his steps, it took 18 to reach the corpse. Then I could loot it. This seems to be a graphic disconnect issue (don't know what else to call this). We see the corpse in one spot but the game sees it in another, where it actually is in fact. But because of the disconnect we can't loot because we are too far away from where the game sees it, but if we move to that spot we're then too far away from where we see the corpse to get the prompt to loot.

It's like it's in two places at once, where we see it which is wrong, and where the game sees it which is correct but invisible to us.
    Edited by Wildberryjack on June 8, 2019 4:00PM
  • Martinus72
    Martinus72
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here’s to hope it’s gonna be fixed in this patch...
    Played last night and it is game breaking for you know, you kill, you want to loot...
  • Martinus72
    Martinus72
    ✭✭✭✭
    It still exists after this patch, changed graphics drivers but it doesn’t change anything.
    Could someone from @Zos look into it please?
    It appeared just few days ago out of nothing and it’s really annoying if not game breaking :-(
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it's still doing it, the kill teleports to your feet or beyond you then can't be looted. The only way around it is to move up on your target before killing it so it goes nowhere, but for a caster that is less than ideal and not always possible.

Could we at least get an acknowledgement that you're looking into this ZOS? It's on the game-breaking level.
  • Pabston
    Pabston
    ✭✭
    Sometimes you can fix it and make the corpse lootable if you dodge-roll near it, no idea why. Normally is lootable after a roll :smile:

Because ......... erm.............reasons
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely still happening frequently, and never occured prior to last week's patch (5.0.7).

I have had some success walking to the side of the fallen enemy where he teleported from, turning around, and walking to the edge of the 'hit box' of the loot prompt (in other words, as close to where the foe originally fell as possible). However, terrain affects your ability to select this prompt.....for example, if the corpse is on ground rising above you, it won't work because you cannot establish enough distance.

As a Necro, it's funny to see all the tetherable corpses sliding forward with their azure light-pillar flags, but hope this bug can be remedied soon.
  • Kazzari
    Kazzari
    Same problem here, mobs "teleport" after death - to me, past me or to Sheogorath knows where!
    It happens in all zones, in dungeons and trials and outdoors. Its gotten really bad the last week or so.
    Sometimes the mob location "fixes" itself if you run out of range and then back.
    But mostly I try to work around it by kiting some other mobs into the kill area and hoping they die close enough to the "actual" body location that the area auto loot can loots them for me. Wow a lot of loot there! Or not depending if it works lol
  • Martinus72
    Martinus72
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bump for devs if anyone is looking here...
    Had another session on my Sorcerer being forced to fight in melee range because of this bug, not great I’d say.
  • Kainarel
    Kainarel
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. Enemies teleport after being killed and looting them is a problem. PC EU.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still happening regardless of location for me on PC NA.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Cernow
    Cernow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happening to me all the time on my Stamblade when fighting with a bow from range, I end up with lots of corpses I can't loot.
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martinus72 wrote: »
    Bump for devs if anyone is looking here...
    Had another session on my Sorcerer being forced to fight in melee range because of this bug, not great I’d say.

I'm doing the same now, running up on stuff and laying down every AOE I have to burn it down. Far from ideal to put it mildly, I'm accruing a big repair bill on my gear very fast.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of this is caused by the same bug that results in inaccurate telegraphs and enemies being rendered in places they are not.

Monday's patch notes said that this problem was fixed, but the fix clearly did not work, as all of these problems--incorrect telegraphs, incorrect positions, and yes, enemies being unlootable because they are in incorrect positions--are still present.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Aurrynthea_Drake
    Aurrynthea_Drake
    ✭✭✭
    Same issue - bad enough with my main character but it's killing my new necro exp as well !

wr6tkvzkfo6k.jpg
    Magic does not die. It merely sleeps until called forth into the world again.
    PC EU (PvE)(ex PvP)
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've even had kills teleport away from me when I was close. It's like "he was thinking about going over there, so *poof*" and can't loot.
  • Aurrynthea_Drake
    Aurrynthea_Drake
    ✭✭✭
    I've submitted so many in game bug reports I am pretty sure someone is seeing them and just hitting send on the generic "we will pass this onto the development team" before hitting delete.

I'd go so far to wonder if any bug reports with certain words are going into a developer spam folder...
    Edited by Aurrynthea_Drake on June 15, 2019 9:02PM
    Magic does not die. It merely sleeps until called forth into the world again.
    PC EU (PvE)(ex PvP)
  • flgraybear
    flgraybear
    Soul Shriven
    This is also happening to me on both NA and EU servers.
    Any ETA on when it will be fixed?
    Thanks in advance for the reply.
  • Astelo
    Astelo
    ✭✭✭
    seeing this happen in every dungeon the past few days.
    No problem on trash packs as there alsways is a not bugged mob and you loot all in one but rly annoying at bosses
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking from top down helps. Moving behind the corpse and turn around sometimes helps.

Still a funny bug :)
  • Barnicle
    Barnicle
    ✭✭✭
    Hi
    As a possible work round (which I admint is not always possible), I try to find another live target nearby, lure him close then kill him.
    With any luck he will drop somthing and when you pick it up his loot, you will pick up all lootable stuff in the area including your original target.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm seeing this much less frequent if at all now. It used to be like the whole time, also the slowed movement.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To some extent, I think that this has been happening since launch. At least, the "unreachable" corpse has been around for a while. I suspect that the bug has always been that the corpse is not where it appears to be, so it becomes unable to be looted for "reasons". The bug may be worse, and with added features, since Elsweyr, but I don't think it is new.

Recently... I notice this often with the Terror Birds. I kill them at a point far away, but the corpse is next to me. I find myself wondering whether that bird was trying to do a charge at me that I stopped before it happened (from my perspective), yet something server side thinks the bird completed the run and died at my feet.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus