Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase – June 2019"

• MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was planning to purchase both Alfiqs to replace Tythis & Nuzhimeh if the price was reduced for people who already own the banker and merchant.

Disappointing (but not surprising) that ZOS confirmed there will be no incentives for current T&N owners.

If there's no new functionality then it's just a re-skin; really not worth 10K Crowns (~$100) or 6 months of ESO Plus & 100 crowns (total ~$86 since the smallest crown pack is 750 for $8). With gold-for-crowns, the current rate would put these at something like 2 million (or so I hear... and, well, time is money and unless you're a top guild store seller or a full-time thief, that's a long grind).

Even with the ability to afford any of these methods, on principle, it's just not an attractive offer.

I've heard that something like this happened a couple of years ago with humanoid banker and merchant re-skins and it really didn't go over well with the community. Curious how it'll go this time; I honestly double there will be as much of a problem, if any, because... cats. People will put out.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MoonPile wrote: »
    I've heard that something like this happened a couple of years ago with humanoid banker and merchant re-skins and it really didn't go over well with the community.

Mostly misrepresentation.

Cassus and Allaria were datamined as "Cassus Andronicus the Mercenary (Portable Banker Premium)" and "Allaria Erwen the Exporter (Portable Merchant Premium)" Elderscrolls.net labelled them like that, and there's a lot wrong on that page. The adornments, hair, and body markings aren't named. The Plumed Wide-Brim Acorn-Warder is incorrectly identified.
    https://elderscrolls.net/2016/09/02/17765-tes-online-budushhee-kronnogo-magazina-patch-2-6-0/

Nothing in a datamine is guaranteed to be intended for release, and not guaranteed to be called whatever it's called on the datamine page. Everything not officially announced is subject to change.

Cassus and Allaria are one of the only times ZOS made an exception to their general rule of not talking about datamined items, to make a point that if those two were released they would not have improved functionality over the existing assistants in the crown store.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/289130/no-no-no

It was like, a dozen people throwing the usual type of bashing/trolling comments over complete speculation. Hardly "the community". There's probably been more vocal disapproval over the Alfiq assistants. But I'd personally blame that on a larger pattern of people feeling more entitled to be obnoxious and inflammatory on the Internet than they were even just a few years ago...
    signing off
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    MoonPile wrote: »
    I've heard that something like this happened a couple of years ago with humanoid banker and merchant re-skins and it really didn't go over well with the community.

Mostly misrepresentation.

I see, thank you for the links. Helpful to have the facts; looks like some assumptions were made based on uncertain evidence (back then).

I do agree with everyone in this thread, though, saying that the cost is wild for a re-skin. Not that inflammatory comments are needed but that it's important to voice a logical argument with supporting reasons and hope it'll come to ZOS' attention.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love it if we could buy banker/merchant skins for a reasonable cost. Buy basic functionality and then pay say 1k crowns for each new skin. I would buy so many! I use banker and merchant as npcs in my houses. Imagine being able to match them to each house or make them look like guards or chef or bard or w/e! In the long run if they could make it so you could change banker/merchant skins they'd make so much money vs adding more full price banker/merchants with a different look.

(I have no idea how complicated programming the skins would be - The first banker you buy is full price and all subsequent ones are considered skins AND keep them giftable)
  • raffael.geislerb16_ESO
    What happened to the Treethane’s Mosaic Jerkin costume? It wasn't time limited when it was introduced here and there never was an anouncement or a countdown indicating its removal, but it disappeared from the Crown Store in May regardless. Is this intended?
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I saw Provisioner pack on PTS but forgot to check how it dyes... :D Will have to wait when somebody will post their screenshots of this costume with different colors :) I am also curious how the wolf pup and new cat pet will look in game.

But the saddest part of June showcase, for me, is...
    The 15-Crate Dragonscale Crown Crate Bundle will be 20% off for all ESO Plus Members on all platforms as an exclusive ESO Plus Discount from June 10 to June 17 at 10am EDT.

I hoped that current season will expire at June 17th, but Dragonscale crates still have no countdown on them :s Maybe they will have shorter countdown? :'(
    And after glorious return of Psijic crates in the end of April-beginning of May, I really hoped to see return of other previous seasons each new month. I really don't understand, why can't we have all seasons available in store all the time? Or at least two season at a time :/

Regarding Apex mounts, Dragonscale is boring season for me. And it seems to remain in store for this month... Upcoming Baandari is the most boring season of all time (in my opinion) regarding both Apex and Radiant rewards, and it will be in store for another ~ 3 months after Dragonscale season ends :/
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »
    I hoped that current season will expire at June 17th, but Dragonscale crates still have no countdown on them :s Maybe they will have shorter countdown? :'(

Baandari will probably launch the last week of June or first week of July. That allows Dragonscale to have about three months in the store and gives most people an opportunity to claim the preview crate first.
    signing off
  • MewmewGirl
    MewmewGirl
    ✭✭
    rebrur2 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_SarahHecker

Is anyone going to answer the question that EVERYONE has about the new banker and merchant? Shouldn't it have been answered on the showcase itself?

Will there be an upgrade or skin change option for the merchant and banker for those who have already spent a lot of money purchasing the originals? You know your longtime players have supported and spent plenty of money on this game and should be shown that they too matter.

It would be totally cool if ESO did want to look at making a change in the future where you'd get a discount on the assistants if you already owned an assistant of that type. The first more expensive buy would make sense for the functionality, the next purchase would just be to change up the skin for something that you already own and would come at a discount. That isn't something that exists now or is planned but it would be a fine change for them to put into the game.
    Edited by MewmewGirl on June 6, 2019 5:10PM
  • MewmewGirl
    MewmewGirl
    ✭✭
    I'm a bit disappointed because I thought there would be far more Elsweyr based stuff coming this month. I also keep hoping that the old Dragonscale Crown Crates will be replaced by an Elsweyr version, I guess I just keep hoping for now.

We are getting a few Elsweyr items here and there, but I really thought we'd be getting far more than what we are. Elsweyr Crown Crates are a huge part of what I've been waiting for. I really hope when Dragonscale changes over that it's an Elsweyr based one.

Don't get me wrong, the briefly sold for a few days hairless cat is cool and all and I do appreciate Elsweyr assistants, but I just thought we'd have a lot more based on the new area than we do.

For me assistants are too temporary and expensive to really care that much (they're briefly there a moment not like a pet that follows you around), though I would have spent literally hundreds worth of Crowns on Elsweyr Crown Crates, I guess I should be thankful that they don't exist for that same reason :tongue:

Um the new homes aren't being sold yet? It's so weird to see them there in game and be waiting for so long not to have them appear for sale. I guess we're wondering what you're waiting for?!

So really I see one thing I'll be getting, the hairless cat pet. The new assistants are super cute but just too many Crowns for what they are (tempting as they are). At least they're permanently there so maybe I'll get them one day in the future if I haven't spent on much else. Sigh... Well I guess we just keep waiting, maybe July will be better!
  • MewmewGirl
    MewmewGirl
    ✭✭
    Radiance wrote: »
    Will you ever bring back the Black Cat pet with the Red Collar? I'd really like to buy that and it seems to be the perfect time with this Kat chapter.

That cat was only ever for sale for a week ever, over two years ago. It's also one of the few items that actually is listed as "discontinued" on the wiki rather than being a limited time release that comes and goes. I'm not saying that they got it right and there definitely is a chance for anything to return, but that's one rare kitty on the Western servers.

We all get some stuff and miss out on others for these limited releases. We sort of just have to deal, no matter how much it hurts :tongue:

I missed all that free Summerset stuff... I missed out on the pet, mount, and enormous house all by a single day.

I also love the current rarity of the black cat, really makes it neat to use as a pet because of that. I feel a bit better about all the stuff I lost out on that others have when I see my black kitty following me around :grin: