The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

1500 crowns per outfit slot (1 slot) just under $1200 for every slot

• heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »
    I'm not sure what to make of the fact that while marketing placates the min-maxers with free name/race change tokens - that a whole bunch of us do not want and will not use because we aren't min-maxers - marketing can't figure out that this issue is deserving of the same level of attention.

Race changes affect actual gameplay. Costumes do not, regardless of the fact that RPer's likely spend *more* money on this game than min-maxers (as most of the stuff to help them play the game the way they like is locked behind the exorbitant cosmetic fluff pricing, like housing, costumes, and outfit slots). Not having an extra outfit slot or two isn't going to affect your dps, tanking abilities, healing output nor will it matter in terms of leaderboard scores. Therefore, it doesn't matter.

Don't you know someone has to pay for game development? /sarcasm
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »
    I'm not sure what to make of the fact that while marketing placates the min-maxers with free name/race change tokens - that a whole bunch of us do not want and will not use because we aren't min-maxers - marketing can't figure out that this issue is deserving of the same level of attention.

Race changes affect actual gameplay. Costumes do not, regardless of the fact that RPer's likely spend *more* money on this game than min-maxers (as most of the stuff to help them play the game the way they like is locked behind the exorbitant cosmetic fluff pricing, like housing, costumes, and outfit slots). Not having an extra outfit slot or two isn't going to affect your dps, tanking abilities, healing output nor will it matter in terms of leaderboard scores. Therefore, it doesn't matter.

"Actual gameplay" varies by audience. If you aren't a competitive gamer, your dps, tanking abilities, healing output, and leaderboard scores do not matter for your gameplay. Aesthetics, on the other hand, do. That's kind of my point. For those of us who prioritize character design, character customization is often more important for our gameplay than any of this mechanics stuff competitive types talk about. They get free race change tokens for their whining. What do we get when we raise a stinker about the outrageous price of outfit slots that aren't even account wide for the cost? Not so much as an acknowledgement of the issue.
    Edited by Starlock on February 12, 2019 8:39PM
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

"Actual gameplay" varies by audience. If you aren't a competitive gamer, your dps, tanking abilities, healing output, and leaderboard scores do not matter for your gameplay. Aesthetics, on the other hand, do. That's kind of my point. For those of us who prioritize character design, character customization is often more important for our gameplay than any of this mechanics stuff competitive types talk about. They get free race change tokens for their whining. What do we get when we raise a stinker about the outrageous price of outfit slots that aren't even account wide for the cost? Not so much as an acknowledgement of the issue.

Oh, I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just saying that in people's minds cosmetics are perfectly acceptable to be locked behind ridiculous paywalls. Because they don't affect leaderboards/competitive play at all. Whereas race can and if ZoS doesn't do something to offset that, the P2W threads would likely increase tenfold. As crappy as it is to have these outfits lots so horribly overpriced, P2W isn't an argument that can be applied to them so it's a "shove it in a corner and forget about it" deal.

There are plenty of people who don't sub, don't spend a single dime on this game past the initial purchase, and then advocate for crates and exorbitant cash shop prices for cosmetics. Because "ZoS is a company and has to make money". As long as they're not footing the bill, someone else can pay $100 for a "worthless" house because that means someone else is paying to keep the lights on. God forbid the people actually caring about those things have an opinion.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno where is the amulet of kings tooltip informing that Outfit Slot Upgrade is only for 1 character?
    all classes. pc platform, dissapointed.
  • illutian
    illutian
    ✭✭✭
    Wow....was about to buy the unlock. But won't for two reasons:

1) It's too expensive; 1500c is ridiculous...maybe if it was 250c

2) It's not account-wide
    You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.
  • Velaethia
    Velaethia
    ✭✭✭
    Did they ever fix this? I quit shortly after this. (This wasn't the only reason but it was a big reason). If not I doubt I'll come back. Zenimax hatred of it's playerbase will ultimately cut into it's profits and kill the game. Becoming a lose/lose for players and devs alike.
    Let's get one thing straight, I'm not ; )
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Velaethia wrote: »
    Did they ever fix this? I quit shortly after this. (This wasn't the only reason but it was a big reason). If not I doubt I'll come back. Zenimax hatred of it's playerbase will ultimately cut into it's profits and kill the game. Becoming a lose/lose for players and devs alike.

i think they avoid this question because of big profit from this scam.
    And now I'm sure this mistake isn't accidental thing.
    We should not trust Zenimax.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did they ever fix this?

Not as far as I know.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did they ever fix this?

Not as far as I know.

Can't fix what isn't (to them) broken.
    Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I see that they're on sale (again) but not even half off this time. Part of me wonders if they've sneakily changed it, hence the less generous sale but not curious enough to spend 1000 crowns on it because I am 99% sure they're still the same old single character, single slot upgrade.
    PC/NA

Meet my characters :
  • YamiKuruku
    YamiKuruku
    ✭✭✭✭
    I see that they're on sale (again) but not even half off this time. Part of me wonders if they've sneakily changed it, hence the less generous sale but not curious enough to spend 1000 crowns on it because I am 99% sure they're still the same old single character, single slot upgrade.

i bought one once (because i didnt know about the 'only on the character you bought') and if i look at the crownstore with a different char it is still 1/10 and not 2/10 like on the other character so i doubt they changed it
    -{ PC EU }-
    CP 810+
    x Khazadaar > lvl50 EP | Khajiit magblade | Main&Master Crafter | Bloodletter
    x Mazayee-Kajthux > lvl 50 EP | Argonian Warden Healer | Godslayer
    x Margaux the Undying > lvl50 DC | Breton Templar Healer | Tick-Tock Tormentor
    x Fendryn Olms >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer Necro Healer | Gryphon Heart
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
    x Haj Xal >lvl50 EP | Argonian Healblade | Immortal Redeemer
    x Caessia>lvl 50EP | Imperial Warden Tank | Bringer of Light
    x Andre Valere >lvl 50 AD | Breton SorcTank | Gryphon Heart
    x S'zhan'ir >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit StamDen| Alpha Predator
    x Ri'zaad Sajhan >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit DKTank | extinguisher of flames
    x Mi'ra-Do>lvl 50EP | Khajiit magPlar | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    x Minwe Elsinor>lvl 50EP | Altmer MagDen | Dovahkriid
    x Velen Dres > lvl50 EP | Dunmer Magcro | Voice of Reason
    x Perathea > lvl50 AD | Argonian MagDK
    x Myvth >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer StamDK | Plague of Peryite
    x Nephaal Telvanni > lvl50 EP | dunmer MagSorc | Voice of Reason
    x Ko'haana > lvl50 AD | Khajiit Magsorc
    x Zasha gra-Lashk > lvl50 EP | Orc Stamcro
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_KaiSchober , @ZOS_BillE , @ZOS_GaryA are u going to fix Text for this item to indicate that it's only for one character? 36 pages during 1 yeah...
  • Wayshuba
    Wayshuba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has almost been on a constant sale since about a month after launch - a clear indicator it is probably not selling as well as expected.

But heck, when you introduce something that is standard in almost all other MMOs for $0.75-$1.00 for a single slot and about $4.00 for account wide and you make it $15 for a single slot - I can't imagine why it failed.

An outfit slot is a pretty standard staple of any MMO. ESO is not so much more spectacular in value with an outfit slot than any other MMO that it is worth 1800% more. It was just plain stupid, greedy, uninformed, or deceitful pricing (pick one).

They really should at this point consider changing the 1500 to account wide (and make it that way for people who already bought them) and making it 100-150 for a single slot on a single character. Either that, or make it so if you buy the slot it makes all outfit change costs free of charge. It might be worth a bit more if it made it so changing and dye costs were eliminated with the slot.

I have spent quite a bit on the Crown Store since I have been playing ESO (about 2.5 years now). I still haven't bought a single extra outfit slot - not at 1500, 1000 or 750 - because even the 50% sale price is still seven times more than it should go for.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom, ZOS_GinaBruno , ZOS_KaiSchober , ZOS_BillE , ZOS_GaryA are u going to fix Text for this item to indicate that it's only for one character? 36 pages during 1 yeah...

At this point, I think we have to assume that they are not going to do this. As you said, it has been a year. If they were going to do this, they would have done it by now.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a big disappointment ZOS
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's strange that this isn't account wide. Imagine if costumes were character bound. This is just plain rude. As a player that loves rp I'm really disappointed with how the slots are managed. They should either be account wide or far more cheaper.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I change my character's outfit at least weekly, sometimes more often. I've never bought an outfit slot. Yeah, I can make some great outfits but I'm not attached enough to any of them to pay actual real money to keep them around. I just change up the current outfit for some in-game gold.
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom, ZOS_GinaBruno , ZOS_KaiSchober , ZOS_BillE , ZOS_GaryA are u going to fix Text for this item to indicate that it's only for one character? 36 pages during 1 yeah...

At this point, I think we have to assume that they are not going to do this. As you said, it has been a year. If they were going to do this, they would have done it by now.

I hope they wil do something with that at least.
    And personally want my crowns for that 1 slot, which i've bought because of this scam, back to my account if it will not become account-wide.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom, @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_KaiSchober , @ZOS_BillE , @ZOS_GaryA What person should I tag to get some reaction from Zenimax on this question?
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I hope they wil do something with that at least.
    And personally want my crowns for that 1 slot, which i've bought because of this scam, back to my account if it will not become account-wide.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom, @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_KaiSchober , @ZOS_BillE , @ZOS_GaryA What person should I tag to get some reaction from Zenimax on this question?

Send in a support ticket explaining that from the Crown Store description and the price you reasonably assumed they were accountwide and ask them to refund your purchase. I believe most people who have discovered this have been successful with support tickets, provided they are polite in their request.
    PC/NA

Meet my characters :
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Send in a support ticket explaining that from the Crown Store description and the price you reasonably assumed they were accountwide and ask them to refund your purchase. I believe most people who have discovered this have been successful with support tickets, provided they are polite in their request.

i've done it many times. they ignored, any answer
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2017 was supposed to be the year when ZOS made pvp performance a priority... It's 2019 and we have horrible lag and bugs. This game is dying.
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    2017 was supposed to be the year when ZOS made pvp performance a priority... It's 2019 and we have horrible lag and bugs. This game is dying.

it's your personal, but eso is and will be more than alive because of many reasons lets be objective.
    But core performance problems didn't gone and this is crap.
    Edited by Anethum on April 9, 2019 6:09PM
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come on zos$

The reason you re not selling is not the eu server lock... it is because your pricing is beyond reason
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still shamefull
  • Grandesdar
    Grandesdar
    ✭✭✭
    Since they go on sale pretty often and I try to buy crowns from the sales and I main one char, it doesnt bother me at all. But if you have time to play all 13 chars to max level, farm for motifs, make builds etc. that means you're still getting your Penny's worth.

That means you're likely playing everyday more than 5 hours. If you look at the total cost, yeah it looks too much. But for me, spending 750 *5 crowns on slots were worth it. Still using them all daily.

I'm not defending ZOS for the price, I'm just saying if you like it, just buy it. Playing a game like ESO is the least expensive of hobbies.
    Main: The Charismatic StamDK DD
    Side: A Handsome Warden Healer
    Side: (upcoming) Stam Necro DD
    CP: 680
    EU PSN: Style3513
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grandesdar wrote: »
    I'm not defending ZOS for the price, I'm just saying if you like it, just buy it. Playing a game like ESO is the least expensive of hobbies.

Interesting. This game by itself is by far the most expensive game I've played by a landslide. That, largely driven by overpriced cash shop items, including but not limited to things like these character-bound outfit slots.
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grandesdar wrote: »
    Since they go on sale pretty often and I try to buy crowns from the sales and I main one char, it doesnt bother me at all. But if you have time to play all 13 chars to max level, farm for motifs, make builds etc. that means you're still getting your Penny's worth.

That means you're likely playing everyday more than 5 hours. If you look at the total cost, yeah it looks too much. But for me, spending 750 *5 crowns on slots were worth it. Still using them all daily.

They are way overpriced even on sales, compared to the standard MMORPG solutions regarding such features.
  • Stansfield
    Stansfield
    Soul Shriven
    The outfit slot price is way out of hand (new player).

I bought the base game, Morrowind chapter and gladly pay my monthly subsciption. I find a monthly pay perfectly fine for keeping the game up to date etc. And buying new chapters/DLC's is allso fine.

So after doing alot of quests, dungeons and getting a lot of motifs/dyes I want to work on my outfits but can all make is ONE for my character. Why??

- 10 free outfit slots per character would be a good start. We are paying enough as it is.I play another MMO much like yours - got around 120 free outfit slots in that game on 6 characters. They can do it - you can do it.

- and do reduce all prices in that crown store. It's just to much - I don't like it. Would rather farm/grind/work on getting them cosmetics INSIDE the game. No using even more RL money ...
    Edited by Stansfield on May 7, 2019 8:43AM
  • Velaethia
    Velaethia
    ✭✭✭
    It has been, over a year. I quit largely because of this... I wonder how many others did as well... I had a reoccurring sub up until this point. I cancelled it about a month or so after this. I wonder how much money they lost by doing this versus pricing it fairly... I always said I'd return if they fixed this. But I doubt they ever will. Which means ESO goes in the trash alongside SWTOR for overwhelmingly greedy practices that make me unable to support them.
    Let's get one thing straight, I'm not ; )
  • Ixilith
    Ixilith
    ✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    Extremely overpriced cash milking scheme. I mean, who didn't already see that coming?

Thanks for the info I guess, since we poor EU peasants are still stuck in limbo for another day.

Time to seriously consider whether this game is worth pumping money into *shrug*

You make it sound like a required feature of the the game... it seriously is not.

Game gives you 2 outfit slots free.

Base sub gives you enough to buy 1 every month without a micro transaction.

It’s nota cash making scheme because no ones gonna pay RL cash to unlock any level of quantity of them

It’s largely irrelevant to the game.nothing in that store gives you power there’s nothing of a requirement to have from that store.

It isn’t a cash grab, as it’s nothing persuasive enough to encourage you to spend cash.