Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Make-A-Friend Thread :)

tinythinker
tinythinker
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
tenor.gif?itemid=5491062

New or Returning? Welcome to ESO! Like any MMO, finding people to play with can make a big difference in your experience, even if it's just someone to whisper questions to now and again.

Neither new or returning? Maybe check out those who are or share your own profile and find new people to chat and share your experience with.

Looking for in-game friends to make the game more fun? Of course, guilds are great for this. Guilds can introduce you to people for your friends list. Try the in-game guild finder to get started on that.

But it can be hard sometimes to find a guild you really like or click with. And of course, even with a great guild or two in your list there are still other people out there worth connecting with. So, this thread is to help you and others give a profile of yourself and what you are looking for in a friend, or, to check out other peoples' responses to find what you are looking for in a new friend.

Which parts you answer and how you answer is up to you. You can hit the reply button and then copy out/repaste the formatted survey text below if you like, or add new lines for things not covered. Up to you. The first line allows people to contact you. If you aren't comfortable sharing your account's @ name or a character name, there is a message feature on the forums. Click on a username and then look for the Message button.

Have fun in Tamriel :smile:

Account (@ name), Main Character Name, or "Request with private message":

Platform (PC, Playstation, Xbox):

Megaserver (NA, EU):

Preferred Class/Role (if any):

Alliance(s) you PvP for (i.e. AD, DC, EP which is relevant for Cyrodiil/Imperial City):

Hobbies/Personal Interests:

Dislikes/Not Interested In:

Play Schedule (roughly/generally this isn't a strict commitment):

Open to voice chat? (yes, no, listen-only):

What kind of gamer are you (what do you want out of your gaming time?):

Goals for the game (anything you want to try or learn?):

What are you seeking in/from an ESO friend:

Other (anything not covered above you want to add):

edited to fix color formatting error

edited form content
Edited by tinythinker on June 23, 2019 5:55PM
Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
(And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • LindsC
    LindsC
    ✭✭✭
    I'm interested in this, I'll fill out an application when I get home
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LindsC wrote: »
    I'm interested in this, I'll fill out an application when I get home

Cool :blush:

Sometimes people are shy about new threads so this is what my entry might look like:

Account (@ name), Main Character Name, or "Request with private message": @ tinythinker

Platform (PC, Playstation, Xbox): PC

Megaserver (NA, EU): NA

Preferred Class/Role (if any): Mostly healer, sometimes damage dealer (normal dungeons only), thinking about trying tanking.

Funny that tanking was my first role. I had a self-imposed ban on MMOs until 2014 for many good reasons (which turned out to be true) and decided to do the ESO beta as I'm a TES fan. While waiting to get in I spent some time in a few F2P games with zero knowledge of MMO terms, mechanics, or concepts. I was playing Rift as Reaver (and apparently a tank spec?) and the game never explained the Trinity. I queued up for something low level and it ended with people abandoning but not before someone chimed in, "Tank, you're an idiot." Also was asked in ESO in the summer of 2014 to slap on heavy and a S&B to help out in the dungeon where a boss slowly covers all of the ground in fire AoE. That's my total tanking experience :tongue:

Alliance(s) you PvP for (i.e. AD, DC, EP which is relevant for Cyrodiil/Imperial City): Mostly and originally exclusively EP (May 2014 - Jan 2015) but also DC especially when they had low pop issues and then thereafter for variety and cool people. Both are fun. Eventually tried AD, as well. Fun in each, drama divas all over zone chat in each. Now hampered by the return of faction locks on some campaigns but will adapt. I love to siege and heal in Cyro, with the Nami wagon (meatbag catapult) being my fav.

Hobbies/Personal Interests: Reading, writing, soccer (played a lot when a bit younger/had more time), reading & discussing religion/philosophy/science/philosophy (my handle "tinythinker" goes back to the days when going to message boards for me meant those topics), video games/select comic titles/limited exposure & time for anime, and not least in any way rat terriers (currently have one that is over 16 years old). Could add more, but think "stereotypical old school nerd" - SW, ST, DRW, etc.

Dislikes/Not Interested In: People who are annoying or easily annoyed. If you need to feel superior or funny by picking on others or being "edgy" through trolling and offending people, pass.

Play Schedule (roughly/generally this isn't a strict commitment): Varies, but when ESO is getting my play time it would likely be 6:30 to 10:30pm EST/EDT Mon-Thur, 6:30-11pm or later Fri, on and off on the weekends.

Open to voice chat? (yes, no, listen-only): Generally just listen.

What kind of gamer are you (what do you want out of your gaming time?): I start with the most basic level of gearing and game skill in MMORPGs so I can do overland and story-mode. If I'm interested and have the resources (time, support, etc.) I sometimes go for more.

Goals for the game (anything you want to try or learn?): Keeping up with content, enjoying the stories, trying new or harder things once in a while, trying to post/support more than just rants and complaints on the forums

What are you seeking in/from an ESO friend: Uhhhh... good question.

Other (anything not covered above you want to add): I also play other MMOs like FFXIV, where I'm 90% WHM and 10% SCH. Considering confronting my tankxiety in that game and in ESO if I can manage to gear up and learn the fights :tongue:

55ed708f345a86fae6d3b22b56ff6580.jpg
    Edited by tinythinker on May 28, 2019 11:29AM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like friends.
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    I like friends.

I'd like to have friends.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Preferred Class/Role (if any): Magplar/DPS

Alliance(s) you PvP for (i.e. AD, DC, EP which is relevant for Cyrodiil/Imperial City): Exclusively EP.......Blood for the Pact!

Hobbies/Personal Interests: Video games and cats and being lazy. I am 70 and have lived a full life and now I just like being lazy.

Dislikes/Not Interested In: Elitists, rudeness, players that are in a hurry all the time, know-it-alls, whiney people, and I'm sure there's more that I will think of later.

Play Schedule (roughly/generally this isn't a strict commitment): I generally play from about 7am EST to 12 or 1pm EST and then again from about 10pm EST to whatever time I feel like quitting, usually between 2 and 4am.

Open to voice chat? (yes, no, listen-only): Yes, but only with 3 or 4 other people. More than that is just annoying because everyone is talking at once.

What kind of gamer are you (what do you want out of your gaming time?): I want to have stress-free fun. I like to run vet content but with people who don't get pissed if you're not the best. I try to do my best but I am not the best.

Goals for the game (anything you want to try or learn?): I would love to learn trials but, again, with people who don't stress about every little thing.

What are you seeking in/from an ESO friend: I want ESO friends that are fun and take time to stop and smell the roses.

Other (anything not covered above you want to add):[/quote] Enjoy toking while I play so if I start acting like a space cadet, I am probably baked.

Thank you, @tinythinker , for doing this. My ESO friends have become x-ESO friends because they quit playing for various reasons. I could use some new friends.

Edit: Don't know why my answers changed to purple. I didn't do that. :p

Edit: I should have added that my ingame name is the same as my forum name @Hippie4927
    Edited by Hippie4927 on May 29, 2019 1:12AM
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    Thank you, @tinythinker , for doing this. My ESO friends have become x-ESO friends because they quit playing for various reasons. I could use some new friends.

Edit: Don't know why my answers changed to purple. I didn't do that. :p

Oh yeah, my original post I accidentally had the line "Play Schedule" start with double purple. Oops. Will edit...
    Edited by tinythinker on May 28, 2019 11:30AM

• max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did not arrive to form compatriots
    https://youtu.be/oc85rAyNhzY
    Edited by max_only on May 27, 2019 5:53PM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • r34lian
    r34lian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's 2019 :trollface:
    2000 CP • 18 Maxed Characters • 6 Altmers • 7 Redguards • Necromancer Orc • Warden Dunmer • DK Nord • DK Imperial • Templar Breton
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just wanted to say what a lovely idea this is OP.

I'm feeling a little shy right now so I'll come back to this later for my submission.

In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're aren't new or returning, can you still post?

:)
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    I like friends.

I'd like to have friends.

Give me gold and I friend you long time.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm feeling a little shy right now so I'll come back to this later for my submission.
    Whenever you're ready

If you're aren't new or returning, can you still post?

:)
    Of course!
    Edited by tinythinker on May 27, 2019 11:54PM

• Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Preferred Class/Role (if any): Healer, baby tank

Alliance(s) you PvP for (i.e. AD, DC, EP which is relevant for Cyrodiil/Imperial City): EP, sometimes AD. Never DC.

Hobbies/Personal Interests: Painting, gaming, reading

Dislikes/Not Interested In: drama of any kind

Play Schedule (roughly/generally this isn't a strict commitment): CST but I play with a lot of Aussies, my sleep schedule is erratic. Very erratic.

Open to voice chat? (yes, no, listen-only): Yes, Discord

What kind of gamer are you (what do you want out of your gaming time?): Crafter, PVPer, Roleplayer, PVE Healer

Goals for the game (anything you want to try or learn?): Working on motifs I don't have yet

What are you seeking in/from an ESO friend: New roleplay friends or people needing heals for pledges or stuff ^_^ or people to craft for.

Other (anything not covered above you want to add): If my friends list is full, send me a mail, my id is shello2004 in ESO.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Megaserver (NA, EU): PC-NA

Preferred Class/Role (if any): DPS, Solo.

Alliance(s) you PvP for (i.e. AD, DC, EP which is relevant for Cyrodiil/Imperial City): AD, BGs & Cyrodill

Hobbies/Personal Interests: Design, concept art, animation, writing.

Dislikes/Not Interested In: Discord. Metas. Goats.

Play Schedule (roughly/generally this isn't a strict commitment): 5pm - 10pm (pst) Thursday-Monday. Spotted anywhere from 9am-to-5am depending on if my rheumatoid arthritis Nd essential tremors acts up.

Open to voice chat? (yes, no, listen-only): No, Deaf. Pointless. And no, i will not sign up for discord.

What kind of gamer are you (what do you want out of your gaming time?):

Goals for the game (anything you want to try or learn?): Nope.

What are you seeking in/from an ESO friend:

Other (anything not covered above you want to add):
    I break for Nicotine.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People should really put the form in a spoiler to save on space.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What a cool idea <3
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    People should really put the form in a spoiler to save on space.
    Spoiler tags or trimming might be helpful sometimes when replying to other posted profiles *if* someone prefers to make shorter, focused responses to profiles, but not so much for posting original profiles. Spoilers on those can be counter-productive :tongue: There's no need to "save on space" for those as it's easier to click once to a new page every so often than to click over and over within each page just to see what each participant posted. Being able to scroll though each page and readily scan through the profiles is much more interesting and efficient for finding potential matches even if an occasional full copy of a comment pops up now and again. In any case people can reply how they choose. Not worried about the format... :)

jainiadral wrote: »
    What a cool idea <3
    I hope so. Meeting random people can be fun for some but having an avenue to find people that share your interests, play times, etc., can be helpful. And that can then lead to meeting other people that person may have already met that share similar schedules and interests, etc. Or maybe you just wan to a few reliable people to do things with, or something else. More options to find people you want to roll with in an MMO is always a good thing

giphy.gif

• xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like long walks on the beach
    And eating ice cream in a hot tub...
    giphy.gif

• mintymoon
    mintymoon
    Soul Shriven
    Great idea. I could use some friends!

Account (@ name), Main Character Name, or "Request with private message": @mintymoon

Preferred Class/Role (if any): Magsorc

Alliance(s) you PvP for (i.e. AD, DC, EP which is relevant for Cyrodiil/Imperial City): I haven't pvp'd yet. I am still pretty new and it's been too intimidating

Hobbies/Personal Interests: I love horseback riding, I am obsessed with my horse and my dog and wish I could have a million of them. I disappear from time to time to binge watch a show on Netflix. I like to travel when I can, I fall in love with places. I run a lot (for fun, not to get away from people and I have run a half marathon before). I like to volunteer also.

Dislikes/Not Interested In: Impatient people, other players who make me feel like I am dumb for not knowing how to do something yet. Just annoying people in general.

Play Schedule (roughly/generally this isn't a strict commitment): Usually from around 5pm - 10pm PST (off and on) more on weekends but just depends

Open to voice chat? (yes, no, listen-only): I mostly like to listen, esp when it's larger groups of people.

What kind of gamer are you (what do you want out of your gaming time?): I am a pretty casual gamer. I just like to relax and have fun. I am pretty new to this and it's the only game I play, so I am not very hardcore. Right now I am just enjoying the quests and story lines and just learning things in general. I really want to get into dungeons more but I feel like I am not very good at this yet and don't want to hold anyone up.

Goals for the game (anything you want to try or learn?): More group play, meeting more people, collecting motifs. Probably won't ever pvp though.

What are you seeking in/from an ESO friend: Someone fun to talk to who doesn't mind teaching a noob some things.

Other (anything not covered above you want to add): I love coffee. I just feel like it's worth mentioning! :smile:
  • Moushen
    Moushen
    ✭✭✭
    Who you calling friend, pal?
  • efster
    efster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES new friends!

Account: @efster
    Platform: PC
    Megaserver: NA
    Preferred Class/Role: Nightblade Tank
    Alliance: AD
    Hobbies/Personal Interests: TV, manga.
    Dislikes: Prejudice, deliberate unkindness.
    Not Interested In: Religion
    Play Schedule: I'm typically on in JST/AEST evenings. I can be on just about any time during the weekends if I'm not asleep or out doing meatspace things. I raid Tuesday, Thursday, Friday nights and Sunday late morning (Japan time).
    Open to voice chat?: Yes
    What kind of gamer are you?: Achievement/completion-driven. I like collaboration and team vs team competition; I dislike individual competition.
    Goals for the game: I like working towards achievements that I don't already have, and I like helping friends get achievements even if I already have them. I don't have set goals as such though; the game is a game to me and I don't want it to start feeling like a job.
    What are you seeking in/from an ESO friend: Nothing in particular; I don't usually have any expectations towards people I don't know (yet). :tongue:
    Other: I'm GM of Siren Song (a women's social guild) and a raid lead for Skål (a trials 101 guild). In written form, I communicate best in English, but I can speak English, Russian, and Hungarian fluently, and I'm freely conversational in Japanese as long as you don't ask me about science, politics, or philosophy.
    AD is the best looking faction. I don't make the rules, I just enforce them.
  • Syb_ill
    Syb_ill
    Account Name: @Syb_ill

Platform: PC

Megaserver: NA

Preferred Class/Role: Deeps for now. I'm still a newbie and have mostly been soloing content so far. May get into healing later, but don't have any healer toons currently. All my toons are low level right now because I've been indecisive on what class I want to main.

Alliance(s) you PvP for (i.e. AD, DC, EP which is relevant for Cyrodiil/Imperial City): I haven't done any PvP yet, but it'll probably be AD if I start.

Hobbies/Personal Interests: I like to read, play video games, DnD, and make mediocre art.

Dislikes/Not Interested In: Elitism, racism, sexism, transphobia, or any of that closed minded BS.

Play Schedule : I mostly put play time on on Mondays, and every other Sunday when I don't have DnD or other commitments. Otherwise it's either early afternoon PST before work, or after midnight when I get off work.

Open to voice chat?: yes, but don't have a great mic set-up currently, but will probably fix that soon.

What kind of gamer are you (what do you want out of your gaming time?): I like to take my time questing and experiencing the world, I am not a speed leveler. I enjoy crafting and collecting things, and changing my outfits entirely too often.

Goals for the game (anything you want to try or learn?): I would like to get used to dungeoning (I still haven't done any, as I've mostly been doing solo content), and eventually work my way toward doing trials and such, but I'm also not looking to be super competitive about getting the absolute highest dps. I'm also down to dip my does into some PvP content. Mostly I want to have fun, and try out a lot of the content, but I'm not looking to be a top player.

What are you seeking in/from an ESO friend: it would be fun to do some slower questing and world content with other newer players, or maybe some slower dungeoning or get our butts kicked in PvP. Veteran players are also cool, as long as they don't mind taking their time, and playing with a noob who doesn't have the best dps, and can laugh with me as I make stupid mistakes.
    Edited by Syb_ill on May 29, 2019 3:15AM
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Syb_ill

I believe on one of my accounts @Maxwell15, we are in the same guild. Tomorrow when I am ingame, I will send you a friend request, if you'd like.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Syb_ill
    Syb_ill
    @Hippie4927 sure :)

Which guild lol?
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Syb_ill wrote: »
    @Hippie4927 sure :)

Which guild lol?

@Syb_ill

Q_u_e_e_r Misfits
    Edited by Hippie4927 on May 29, 2019 4:54AM
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Syb_ill
    Syb_ill
    @Hippie4927

Ah, yep, thats one of em!
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Syb_ill wrote: »
    @Hippie4927

Ah, yep, thats one of em!

So, later this morning I will send a friend request from @Maxwell15.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tumblr_inline_ot103sWbo41s4rwxq_500.gif

Happy Friday, friend seekers

• tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a great day to make a new friend in Tamriel

we-are-going-on-an-adventure.jpg

• tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    friend-1820040_1280.jpg
    Another day, another chance to make more