Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Make-A-Friend Thread :)

• KhaoticRiivey
    KhaoticRiivey
    Soul Shriven
    Account Name: @KhaosRiivy/@TheNarratore

Platform (PC, Playstation, Xbox): PC

Megaserver (NA, EU): NA | But I also play on EU side

Preferred Class/Role: Support | DPS

Alliance(s) you PvP for: I play for all three teams, helping out where I can.

Hobbies/Personal Interests: Roleplaying and creating a living world. I enjoy watching hours of cat videos too.

Dislikes/Not Interested In: Elitists that forget a game is a game, mostly.

Play Schedule : 11 AM EST - Varies

Open to voice chat?: I am pretty socially anxious, but once I get to know people I am open to sitting in VC, even if I just listen and type for the first little while.

What kind of gamer are you?: I am pretty laid back and willing to help out in any way that I can, happy with where I am currently in game, so I do my best to help other people meet their goals.

Goals for the game (anything you want to try or learn?): Doing all my housing projects, honestly.

What are you seeking in/from an ESO friend: I am open to meeting all sorts of people, we may not clash well and that is alright.

"Welcome my friend, sit down. I have a story to tell you about a woman who rose from the embers of nothing and created something beautiful."
      NA | PC | DC-Neutral
    • ⇴ Jocilyn Tilias Dunkara: Breton MagSorc
    • ⇴ Cyethrillion: Bosmer Stamblade
    • ⇴ Roleplayer
    • ⇴ Freelance Writer
    • ⇴ Storyteller
    • ⇴ Covent Of Our Lady - Dibellan RP Guild

• dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Account (@ name), Main Character Name, or "Request with a private message":

@makinoji in-game, please send a mail as I forget stuff lol

Platform (PC, Playstation, Xbox):
    PC

Megaserver (NA, EU):
    NA

Preferred Class/Role (if any):
    Templar healer

Alliance(s) you PvP for (i.e. AD, DC, EP which is relevant for Cyrodiil/Imperial City):
    AD

Hobbies/Personal Interests:
    housing, public dungeons, dungeons, WB

Dislikes/Not Interested In:
    raiding or arenas

Play Schedule (roughly/generally this isn't a strict commitment):
    CST random times

Open to voice chat? (yes, no, listen-only):
    yeah I have discord

What kind of gamer are you (what do you want out of your gaming time?):
    sometimes I wander and take SS or just shop around for different furniture or decorate my house while waiting for a queue

Goals for the game (anything you want to try or learn?):
    more raids

What are you seeking in/from an ESO friend:
    someone who isn't clingy and chill

Other (anything not covered above you want to add):
    willing to try RP
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    uatwh9wwtf1xkolzrzqf.jpg
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can’t fool me....
    My doctor says you’re all just imaginary voices in my head and I should never do anything you all tell me to do....
    Edited by xxthir13enxx on December 16, 2019 8:20PM
  • GalexPK
    GalexPK
    ✭✭✭
    I joined this week on a RP guild thinking like a way to meet people, but as far im not acting as my self, and realized that not what i like, i would like to talk to a person that doesnt cover her self like other person.

Account @GalexPK

Platform PC

Megaserver NA

Preferred Class/Role (if any): Templar

Alliance(s) you PvP for (i.e. AD, DC, EP which is relevant for Cyrodiil/Imperial City): DC

Hobbies/Personal Interests: Video Games

Dislikes/Not Interested In:

Play Schedule (roughly/generally this isn't a strict commitment):

Open to voice chat? (yes, no, listen-only): Listen Only

What kind of gamer are you (what do you want out of your gaming time?): a time to disconect and have a fun time

Goals for the game (anything you want to try or learn?): having friends to do content and have conversations

What are you seeking in/from an ESO friend: May i be the tank /healer of your tank/healer?

Other (anything not covered above you want to add):

BTW the OP is Awesome!
    PC NA:
    Karim Vidal - Altmer Magicka Templar

La'Mahnaz - Bosmer WW Stamina Nightblade

Alba Id - Altmer Magicka Sorcerer

La'Ainaz - Bosmer Vamp Necro

Va'Shir - Khajiit Nightblade

Steam ID: Galexpk
  • Icon0fSin
    Icon0fSin
    Soul Shriven
    Account (@ name) Icon0fSin

Platform (PC, Playstation, Xbox): Playstation 4

Megaserver (NA, EU): EU

Preferred Class/Role (if any): NONE

Alliance(s) you PvP for (i.e. AD, DC, EP which is relevant for Cyrodiil/Imperial City): N/A

Hobbies/Personal Interests: RPGs

Dislikes/Not Interested In: N/A

Play Schedule (roughly/generally this isn't a strict commitment): 20:00 - 22:00

Open to voice chat? YES

What kind of gamer are you: TEAM PLAYER

Goals for the game (anything you want to try or learn?): ENJOY AND QUEST

What are you seeking in/from an ESO friend: COMPANY

Other (anything not covered above you want to add): MAY RP
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outdated... oops. Plus it was just a sample reply I tossed together really quick. Let me see... some fine tuning should be enough...

*pulls out large power tools and a sledge hammer*

BANGBUZZRIPCRACKTHUNKTEEEEEEEARCLANKRIVOTSIZZLE

OK, that patch should hold a while... updates/addition denoted in brown.

Sometimes people are shy about new threads so this is what my entry might looks like:

Account (@ name), Main Character Name, or "Request with private message": @tinythinker - usually I'm on one of my earliest characters (Hrrska-Set, Argonian Templar) or if feeling nostalgic my original character (Glides-Under-Starlight, Argonian Dragonknight). I have other characters I like to hop on as well, but only have so much time when doing new (to me) content.

Megaserver (NA, EU): NA

Preferred Class/Role (if any): Mostly healer, sometimes damage dealer (normal dungeons only), "thinking" about trying tanking.

Funny that tanking was my first role. I had a self-imposed ban on MMOs until 2014 for many good reasons (which turned out to be true) and decided to do the ESO beta as I'm a TES fan. While waiting to get in I spent some time in a few F2P games with zero knowledge of MMO terms, mechanics, or concepts. I was playing Rift as Reaver (and apparently a tank spec?) and the game never explained the Trinity. I queued up for something low level and it ended with people abandoning but not before someone chimed in, "Tank, you're an idiot." Also was asked in ESO in the summer of 2014 to slap on heavy and a S&B to help out in the dungeon where a boss slowly covers all of the ground in fire AoE. That's my total tanking experience :tongue:

Alliance(s) you PvP for (i.e. AD, DC, EP which is relevant for Cyrodiil/Imperial City): Mostly and originally exclusively EP (May 2014 - Jan 2015) but also DC especially when they had low pop issues and then thereafter for variety and cool people. Both are fun. Eventually tried AD, as well. Fun in each, drama divas all over zone chat in each. Now hampered by the return of faction locks on some campaigns but will adapt. I love to siege and heal in Cyro, with the Nami wagon (meatbag catapult) being my fav.

Hobbies/Personal Interests: Reading, writing, soccer (played a lot when a bit younger/had more time), reading & discussing religion/philosophy/science/philosophy (my handle "tinythinker" goes back to the days when going to message boards for me meant those topics), video games/select comic titles/limited exposure & time for anime, and not least in any way rat terriers (currently have one that is over 17 years old). Could add more, but think "stereotypical old school nerd" - Star Wars, Star Trek, Doctor Who, comic books, video games, D&D, etc. Amazing how much more popular some of that became over time.

I used to be sort of well-known on some message boards that were about a mix of science, religion, philosophy, and current events but that was a loooong time ago. With the exception of some current events, those topics tend to turn toxic super quickly in MMOs so I avoid them. For what it's worth, I don't think people who've suffered violence and humiliation for their skin tone, accent/dialect, sexual orientation, gender, etc. are "whiners" looking for "extra rights". We're all humans and we all suffer, and some get an extra helping because of how they are perceived. I don't much mind how you do or don't identify with religion or spirituality, but I will take note of whether that leads you to kindness or cruelty. Towards being open to possibilities and wonder or closed off. To accepting the challenge and potential of a shared humanity or dividing people into worthy and undeserving based on some petty ***.

Even Sci Fi and comics can be topics that turn toxic fast now. And it's usually because people lack the skill to express disappointment in a better way or because they just like complaining in a way that annoys people. Criticism and bashing are not synonyms, and other people can like things you don't without the world ending. And if someone is kind of into something but not all-out committed to it, the sky won't fall. I mean, I liked nerd stuff when it got you teased and mocked but I don't resent people who finally got into the same things as me. The sun still rises.

Dislikes/Not Interested In: People who are annoying or easily annoyed. If you need to feel superior or funny by picking on others or being "edgy" through trolling and offending people to an elicit a reaction, pass.

Play Schedule (roughly/generally this isn't a strict commitment): Varies, but when ESO is getting my play time it would likely be 6:30 to 10:30pm EST/EDT Mon-Thur, 6:30-11pm or later Fri, on and off on the weekends.

Open to voice chat? (yes, no, listen-only): Generally just listen. Mostly because I don't have a separate place to go an close a door to use a mic. And maybe sometimes I behave in a shy way with strangers. Maybe.

What kind of gamer are you (what do you want out of your gaming time?): I start with the most basic level of gearing and game skill in MMORPGs so I can do overland and story-mode. If I'm interested and have the resources (time, support, etc.) I sometimes go for more. Not afraid of harder content but sometimes it can be hard to commit to it.

Goals for the game (anything you want to try or learn?): Keeping up with content, enjoying the stories, trying new or harder things once in a while, trying to post/support more than just rants and complaints on the forums.

What are you seeking in/from an ESO friend: Uhhhh... good question. See, this is that part that I skipped because the sample post was a rush job. I've found over time that while you can have OK to great experiences with PUGs, that isn't reliable. Especially if you need to learn or improve, or want to farm something, or to try harder content. Plus having the right people to play with can make a major difference overall even if you are just repeating solo content on an alt or doing some solo grind.

Of course, the "right people" is subjective and you are sometimes surprised at who the right people turn out to be. If you read through the above and are still here, that's a start I suppose. I'm often going to be pretty quiet even if I'm listening intently, so don't take offense. Other times you won't be able to shut me up without muting me. I'm more up for group content when it's planned but that doesn't mean I can't be spontaneous.

I sometimes think about getting great gear and doing all of the DLC dungeons and their achievements. So while not a requirement that would be something fun to do with friends. But that seems like a really distant goal. Plus I do like to PvP but again, it would be more fun with the right gear and people to practice and play with.

People who like dogs and Bloom County get bonus points. (Berke's been doing new content for a while on FB but has been on a trip down memory lane with the origins of the strips. Which I guess happens to old strippers.)

Other (anything not covered above you want to add): I also play other MMOs like FFXIV, where I'm 90% WHM and 9% SCH, 1% some DPS job. Considering confronting my tankxiety in that game and in ESO if I can manage to gear up and learn the fights :tongue:

55ed708f345a86fae6d3b22b56ff6580.jpg
    Edited by tinythinker on May 14, 2020 12:11AM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How am I supposed to like another person when I don't like myself
  • Darkhorse1975
    Darkhorse1975
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps making a friend you liked would help you like yourself more?
    Master Craftsman!
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TGIF!

No need to go through hoops to find people to regularly play with in game. Make a friend today.

giphy.gif

• teknikum
    teknikum
    Soul Shriven
    Hi all,
    I'm new to ESO and looking for people to learn the game, do quests and dungeons, at least that's what I know so far.

Account Name: @teknikum

Megaserver (NA, EU): EU

Preferred Class/Role: DPS AOE

Alliance(s) you PvP for: Not sure

Hobbies/Personal Interests: Reading, playing ESO, cooking

Dislikes/Not Interested In: The know-it-all, rushers, rude

Play Schedule : 9 PM CEST - Varies on weekends

Open to voice chat?: Yeah, I think that's better for communication. I can setup a discord account if necessary.

What kind of gamer are you?: I enjoy the game and story when I can, but sometimes I click through the dialogues or speed read when it gets boring. I like discovering things so I don't really look online guides. I'm happy to make any progress whether is by helping others or leveling up.

Goals for the game (anything you want to try or learn?): I'd like to fight bosses with groups, I think that "should" be easier. - I'm still stuck killing the council :pensive:

What are you seeking in/from an ESO friend: Someone to play ESO with and learn more about all the features it has to offer. In the end, it's about fun.
    Edited by teknikum on October 17, 2020 6:00PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sounds like a nice idea that would work for a lot of players. But I've actually met most of my friends through random whispers, like "I like your Vampire look", and the most recent "You don't look Silver to me."

What I like about random meetings is they are unexpected and fun, and anyone who would just message a random player that way seems like they would be a lot of fun to get to know.

So instead of filling out a form (because for me having compatible personality types is important to developing a friendship) I will just say if you want to say "hi" and have someone to chat with while playing, I'm on PC, NA server, usually in the afternoons Pacific time.

@SilverBride
    Edited by SilverBride on October 17, 2020 5:45PM
    PCNA
  • WySoSirius
    WySoSirius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Account (@ name), Main Character Name, or "Request with private message":
    @WySoSirius
    Platform (PC, Playstation, Xbox):PC

Megaserver (NA, EU):NA

Preferred Class/Role (if any):no preference

Alliance(s) you PvP for (i.e. AD, DC, EP which is relevant for Cyrodiil/Imperial City):EP mostly

Hobbies/Personal Interests:

Dislikes/Not Interested In: Politics, SJW

Play Schedule (roughly/generally this isn't a strict commitment):AWST time zone mostly

Open to voice chat? (yes, no, listen-only): yes and listen only. Kinda shy at first

What kind of gamer are you (what do you want out of your gaming time?): conpletionist gaming 😁

Goals for the game (anything you want to try or learn?):same as previous question,

What are you seeking in/from an ESO friend: knowledge, teamwork, community building

Other (anything not covered above you want to add): thank you for this questionaire
  • Sallymen
    Sallymen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Account(@ name), Main Character Name, or "Request with private message": @Sallymen message me anytime ingame! Or message me on discord @Sallymen#8062

Megaserver (NA, EU): NA

Preferred Class/Role (if any): Flex all roles

Alliance(s) you PvP for (i.e. AD, DC, EP which is relevant for Cyrodiil/Imperial City): AD cause EP and DC like to team up against AD.

Hobbies/Personal Interests: in-game, I do basically everything from RP, PvE, PvP and housing. If I'm gonna pay 14 dollars a month for sub, I might as well do it all.

Dislikes/Not Interested In: ERP, I ain't having any of that.

Play Schedule (roughly/generally this isn't a strict commitment): flexible, I'm in central time zone

Open to voice chat? (yes, no, listen-only): Yes, maybe we can do karaoke while we're at it as we get fisted in a dungeon.

What kind of gamer are you (what do you want out of your gaming time?): Relaxed, but willing to push through all content.

Goals for the game (anything you want to try or learn?): vSS final HM and vKA final HM. The two final HMs I need.

What are you seeking in/from an ESO friend: anything as long as they don't complain about the smallest things.

Other (anything not covered above you want to add): Out of all 9 of my character, my mains are Magplar, Stamplar Magcro, Healcro, and SorcTank.
    Edited by Sallymen on October 20, 2020 8:25PM
    Current Undaunted Key Count: 4,902
  • GothicMando
    Account(@ name), Main Character Name, or "Request with private message": @GothicMando Feel free to message me anytime ingame! ^^ Or on discord @Matteo#2474

Megaserver (NA, EU): EU (UK time)

Preferred Class/Role (if any): My most-favoured son is an Argonian Tank💪 ^^ but I have several low-level DPS characters too!

Alliance(s) you PvP for (i.e. AD, DC, EP which is relevant for Cyrodiil/Imperial City): PvP isn't really my thing in gaming generally, to be honest ^^ I like a bit of a challenge, but I enjoy kicking back too!

Hobbies/Personal Interests: Out of game: Nerd stuff like Elder Scrolls(duh), Fallout, Star Wars (<---though mostly complaining these days!😜🤭), Monster Hunter, Mass Effect, a bit of Transformers. Working out, bulking up, tennis, healthy living etc (friggin' dating profile this is!😅🤣🤣)

Dislikes/Not Interested In: I dislike elitist players (be inclusive ffs😑) and, if I'm a little harsh, I'm not interested in having 'friends' that don't want to connect / share with me. Might as well play with a bot!😅 I want to get to know people ^^

Play Schedule (roughly/generally this isn't a strict commitment): I'm generally on most evenings UK time ^^ Unfortunately I'm a bit limited, in how long I can play each time, due to increasing Electric bills 😔😑 No longer than 3-hour sessions.

Open to voice chat? (yes, no, listen-only): I'm an odd combination of shy to speak immediately and very chatty in text-chat!^^ I always love getting to know kindred spirits so ill probably talk your ear off often!🤣 But voice chat is still an option too, I just like to text-chat a bit with new folks first!^^ Not sure my Internet will hold out for voice chat though...😖🤞

What kind of gamer are you (what do you want out of your gaming time?): My priority is having fun over getting sweaty and I LOVE meeting kindred spirits too!^^ I love connecting with others like me, so finding new long-term friends to enjoy content like Group Dungeons, questing or other overland content or even just chatting is all awesome to me!^^

Goals for the game (anything you want to try or learn?): Nothing i necessarily want to learn in the game really... been playing on/off since launch, so I already have what I feel I like ^^ For example, I've only done my first trial recently(!) and I don't feel I was missing much🤣

Oh here's a good one; I'd like to learn about *you* 👀😉 And share things about myself too of course! The more the better!^^

What are you seeking in/from an ESO friend: This part's really important for me (so fair warning; wall of text incoming! 🤣).

Like I said, I'm looking for a few kindred spirits to form a close friendship with, not just folks to 'game' with, but to also chat to, get to know, friendly folks who genuinely want all this too! So if you're kinda shy in real life, but long for a meaningful connection with someone else, send me a message!^^ I've always been a sensitive guy 🤣 so I'm a good listener too. And I love listening! And sharing too^^

Honestly, the in-game content i enjoy is kinda secondary here (yes I have stuff I enjoy doing and stuff I don't of course!^^), but for me its more about the people I'm playing with, if I feel more connected to them, I'm having way more fun : )

And I don't care what level you are either, I actually find it kinda fun helping my low level friends too, like I said, its all about the personality for me! : )

That said, i enjoy Group Dungeons (don't own any dlc ones), Quests, overland content and don't enjoy PvP ^^

Other (anything not covered above you want to add): I'm self-aware enough to know how strangely 'full-on' I've come across here, i am a relaxed dude and always try to have an open mind, but this^ is what I'm looking for and I am passionate about it (been doing it for many years, across different games^^) and I've made some wonderful friends this way too! So why stop now eh?😉 The right people will respond in the right way after all!^^

I think that about covers it (should astound you to know this is the 'brief' version!😜🤣) so if this resonates with anyone, please don't be shy to message me here, in-game or on Discord!^^

Have a great day all!^^

Edited by GothicMando on October 6, 2022 8:33AM