Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shor PC/NA "Official" Discussion

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    I guess the traffic on this forum answers my question. Sad to see shore dead. We spent so much time here :( So many good times with NO LAG! Not sure how long I can last playing in the BROKEN SUPER HIGH LATENCY/LAG vevic .

It doesn't help that with all the "extra" servers from the event, the Vivec diaspora crowd is a bit spread out. I hope they delete those servers until Midyear mayhem instead of basically killing non-Vivec cyrodiil for all of May...
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    I guess the traffic on this forum answers my question. Sad to see shore dead. We spent so much time here :( So many good times with NO LAG! Not sure how long I can last playing in the BROKEN SUPER HIGH LATENCY/LAG vevic .

It doesn't help that with all the "extra" servers from the event, the Vivec diaspora crowd is a bit spread out. I hope they delete those servers until Midyear mayhem instead of basically killing non-Vivec cyrodiil for all of May...

Yeah I agree. I think they will be eliminated once this event is over Thursday (or maybe next Monday).
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well it was our last Friday night in Shor last night so I even took my main and it was a good time. There was a lot of EP that were there at the beginning that pushed and got emp just as we got started. We ran into them in ales and they were a lot like a lot of our people and just as many or more.

I completed my kill 40 enemy players just in that 1 fight well before being overwhelmed. Couldn't help but think a group like @BaylorCorvette s who coordinates would have had a field day.

At any rate; so long Shor. The dream of an alternative to Vivec died a long time ago, but it kept giving memories to the end. Now for it to be changed to some name that came from someone eating crackers suddenly sneezing all over a tough screen keyboard
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

I completed my kill 40 enemy players just in that 1 fight well before being overwhelmed. Couldn't help but think a group like @BaylorCorvette s who coordinates would have had a field day.

haha yeah it's usually pretty awesome. We didn't start up our group until about 11:30pm CST so we spent our time in Vivec with it's crap performance, it wasn't until around midnight before performance leveled out but still wasn't as great as Shors.

Earlier that night I did my first ever solo bomb on my magblade in Shor on Vanquish though made about 11k AP. While it was enjoyable to be able to bomb with only one toon I don't see much enjoyment out of someone that always does that. Bombers are such crap when they are doing anything other than bombing lol.
    DC Zerg Busting
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

haha yeah it's usually pretty awesome. We didn't start up our group until about 11:30pm CST so we spent our time in Vivec with it's crap performance, it wasn't until around midnight before performance leveled out but still wasn't as great as Shors.

Earlier that night I did my first ever solo bomb on my magblade in Shor on Vanquish though made about 11k AP. While it was enjoyable to be able to bomb with only one toon I don't see much enjoyment out of someone that always does that. Bombers are such crap when they are doing anything other than bombing lol.

I wonder if it was the one I called out in Discord I saw coming while they were repairing outer. I saw the red to the left and another enemy up top and called it out from just back away from the gate and was already going up stairs to the left when they got nailed. Told them I warned them like 5 minutes ago. Lol

At any rate it was good for a laugh. It's all in good fun and drinking on Fridays
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder if it was the one I called out in Discord I saw coming while they were repairing outer. I saw the red to the left and another enemy up top and called it out from just back away from the gate and was already going up stairs to the left when they got nailed. Told them I warned them like 5 minutes ago. Lol

At any rate it was good for a laugh. It's all in good fun and drinking on Fridays

haha that might have been the second of my two bombs, I was running around the keep and very obviously visible. The first bomb should have been stealthed in a corner up until the bomb.
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What’s everyone’s plans for the new campaigns? I haven’t been active in Shor for a while but I could change the discussion title to “Yolnahkriin” if people are staying.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yolo-nahkriin was off to a good start last night. Yellow capped an early emp after maintenance and held it through the evening. All 3 factions met up at the steps of a DC owned Bleakers and fought continuously for what must have been an hour and then some.

Two D-ticks in the time I spent there, 60k, and 12k respectively.

It's a shame it won't catch on, people are too excited about a faction locked Trueflame to play an unlocked campaign.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »

It's a shame it won't catch on, people are too excited about a faction locked Trueflame to play an unlocked campaign.

I'd give it some time before coming to that conclusion--a lot of people who mainly play CP are going to have to have most of their alts on Yolo due to the locks. Could be a fun dynamic.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd give it some time before coming to that conclusion--a lot of people who mainly play CP are going to have to have most of their alts on Yolo due to the locks. Could be a fun dynamic.

I think the locks would have done something for the less populated campaigns except for the fact that we’ve now got two IC camps as well. It’s just too much, and there’s lots of calls for another 7 day no CP. I do like the no guest campaign thing though as I tend to just jump around to whatever is happening when I play + home in the most populated so I can get my crystals. I’m still interested to see how the locks play out over the month, I’m all DC so it doesn’t matter to me one bit.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I tried to remind every "omg pvp is over" anti-lock thread that a perfectly viable lock-free campaign exists in YOLO. It wasn't well received, but I'll keep hoping.

Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I tried to remind every "omg pvp is over" anti-lock thread that a perfectly viable lock-free campaign exists in YOLO. It wasn't well received, but I'll keep hoping.

It’s amazing how much people will resist playing in any other campaign aside form 30 day CP.
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R.I.P. Shor.
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Vapirko wrote: »

It’s amazing how much people will resist playing in any other campaign aside form 30 day CP.

It really is mind blowing to me about how terrible Vivec performance was and how amazing Shor performance was. I don't get why people would always stay in Vivec when Shor was a much more enjoyable alternative in terms of performance.
    DC Zerg Busting
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone wants Vivec population but with Shor performance.

And nobody is willing to ride out Shor's (often too low to be fun) population long enough for it to stabilize at a nice, healthy, 2-3 bars.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah; its not so hard to understand. On off hours on Vivec, there are fights and they are fun and its not so laggy and Shor is dead. Even on non-weekend prime time where Vivec is laggy again; Shor just doesn't have much or; the largest faction that has a huge queue on Vivec has already run all over the Shor map.

I mean; we come on Friday nights and run a huge zerg by Shors standards, but pales in comparison to Vivec AOTP stacks and most times than not; DC is pushed to the home keeps and has 0 scrolls. Its not so bad when you have that zerg to knock off a bunch of keeps and keep them happily getting AP; but to come in our usual smaller crew from solo up to 12 on a good night but usually less than half that range; its not fun. Even if its not being run by some overflow; its just painstakingly to PvDoor home keeps and hit the RNG on what shows up if anything.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ATOP was the bane of performance of Vevic.. everyone with that nametag gets a tea bag even if they die fighting not spaming...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables