The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

So? How's DK wings in Live server?

Davadin
Davadin
✭✭✭✭✭
I only did 2 BG last night, haven't been to Cyro. Elswyr new PvE content is too much fun.

But it really felt not too different last night compared to pre-release. yes, i got abit more incoming damage overall, but that's about it?
August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • alext89
    alext89
    ✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    I only did 2 BG last night, haven't been to Cyro. Elswyr new PvE content is too much fun.

But it really felt not too different last night compared to pre-release. yes, i got abit more incoming damage overall, but that's about it?

I play a magicka light armor build. destro staff. i have 23k physical resist. and 27k magic resist. i run harness magicka aswell. I feel like just giving up on this character. when there is more than 1 player focusing you. its just too much damage to handle. i cant keep up with my mini shield. It *** sucks.
    Options
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    alext89 wrote: »

I play a magicka light armor build. destro staff. i have 23k physical resist. and 27k magic resist. i run harness magicka aswell. I feel like just giving up on this character. when there is more than 1 player focusing you. its just too much damage to handle. i cant keep up with my mini shield. It *** sucks.

L2p
    Options
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My friend mains a magdk, and last night I asked him about it. His response was to the tune that it's "a buff on paper" but that it "took a lot of the fun out of the ability". Why, he couldn't outright articulate. We eventually discussed enough and he agreed with me that the most likely reason it was less fun was that you can't see it working.

When old wings was up, you could visibly see attacks reflecting. People would stop attacking as much. You noticed a difference.

New wings doesn't tell you how much damage it mitigated, so it looks and feels like it is doing nothing even as it performs logistically better.

His final verdict? New DKs won't mind, but old hands who've been around a few years or so are going to feel less enjoyment using it.
    Edited by DocFrost72 on May 21, 2019 9:10PM
    Options
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a great change for the overall quality of the game. There are a number more that should have already been made to actually make this game make sense in pvp.
    Options
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love being able to liberally use my ranged CC abilities without them getting reflected back in my face. Good change!
    Options
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LordTareq wrote: »
    I love being able to liberally use my ranged CC abilities without them getting reflected back in my face. Good change!

Yep, another dumbing down the game moment so you don't have to think about what you're doing when attacking someone...
    Options
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 2 magDk, I never used wings on either. So I don’t think this nerf will do much to any of my builds.
    Options
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MagNbs rejoice. We can finally attack a DK....
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we archers now have a chance to actually fight dragonights.
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    My friend mains a magdk, and last night I asked him about it. His response was to the tune that it's "a buff on paper" but that it "took a lot of the fun out of the ability". Why, he couldn't outright articulate. We eventually discussed enough and he agreed with me that the most likely reason it was less fun was that you can't see it working.

Before it was a skill that required your opponent to change their behavior, and you were rewarded when they didn't. Now it's a boring self buff. A strong buff, to be sure, but just another thing to keep in your buff rotation.

Options
  • techprince
    techprince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My ranged magplar can finally kill dks now. You now have to actively block or dodge roll the incoming cc, just like everyone else.
    Options
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When old wings was up, you could visibly see attacks reflecting. People would stop attacking as much. You noticed a difference.

New wings doesn't tell you how much damage it mitigated, so it looks and feels like it is doing nothing even as it performs logistically better.

His final verdict? New DKs won't mind, but old hands who've been around a few years or so are going to feel less enjoyment using it.
    It has the inverse effect on many other Magicka builds. Fighting a DK shouldn't be nearly as boring now, since you can do something besides self heal while they stand in your face going full-bore DPS with Wings up.

That 50% damage mitigation, which stacks with everything else, is still extremely powerful. It almost felt pointless to throw ranged damage at a DK on the PTS, but at least you could apply some CCs and status effects from time to time.
    Options
  • EdoKeledus
    EdoKeledus
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a main MagDk and my feeling about wings is not bad, I fought a legolas and his damage was so mitigated by wings. Same thing against a Magsorc, with 19k stam I can just block his main combo.

Mitigation works very well and the heal provided by Coagulated Blood was increased, so even if we don't reflect anymore, our healing power is better.

Wings are definitely not an issue.
    DC PC EU Vivec
    Daggerfall Convenant Loyalist

Options
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO, if you want other classes to have to “know when to attack so it wouldn’t be reflected”, then I say you should “know when to cast it so you can read your opponent & reflect the proper attack, due to travel time on skills”, double or triple the cost of reflect so you can’t have an 80% or better mitigation uptime canceling out entire builds.

If you’re going to make the argument for other players to have to “think” & make good choices then you should have to as well!
    DK no longer gets to be the “I can mash 1 button & mentally check out while you destroy yourself” class.
    Edited by kaithuzar on May 21, 2019 10:43PM
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
    Options
  • Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That was so funny as a DK though.
    Options
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Old wings were one of the most OP abilities in the game. Good change.
    Options
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You ever think, maybe you shouldn’t spam a projectile at wings and use a skill the dk won’t reflect back. But oh wait you rather do that because your scared to face a dk in melee range.
    Options
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Icky wrote: »

Each class had an op ability, by your logic they should nerf streak even further, nerf cloak, nerf purifying ritual, nerf shimmering shield, etc... Do you see my point? I’d love to see the forums melt if they were to nerf purge.
    Options
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gonna miss old wings which now join old cinderstorm and Inferno on the RIP shelf for cool abilities that were taken from dk.

That being said I can def understand why the Change was made and the 50% Mitigation is still gonna be Pretty damn strong, personally I was a fan of the idea of giving wings a minimum range in which they wont reflect so that People can defend themselves when in melee range (or some shortish range not necessarily melee) but it was not meant to be.
    Perhaps dfs will be somewhat of a semblance of the old wings, will have to see once I remorph.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
    Options
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm melting DKs like they were insects hahahahaha XD
    Options
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    alext89 wrote: »

That's exactly the point of the Nerf... Reflect was broken af...
    Options
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zParallaxz wrote: »

You ever think, maybe you shouldn’t spam a projectile at wings and use a skill the dk won’t reflect back. But oh wait you rather do that because your scared to face a dk in melee range.

Because engaging a dedicated melee character with a ranged character in melee is clearly the epitome of brilliant play :D
    Do you even PvP or is this written from a PvE'ers fantasy of PvP in which everything is nice and orderly and your attacks always hit your intended target and not one of the 7 hostiles running around in a big brawl? Or where enemies don't activate wings while your CC projectile is still travelling, causing it to be reflected with no way to stop this?
    Edited by LordTareq on May 21, 2019 11:17PM
    Options
  • CaliMade
    CaliMade
    ✭✭✭✭
    Console Player Here, I Used to Main mag dk, and i tried to sympathize with other mag builds.

Lately Ive been playing alot of Mag Sorc Have been mainly playing MagSorc since the Big Shield change. And after countless fights with magdks in outnumbered situations i can confidently say that Mag dks have somehow posed the most pathetic threat level imaginable. Im baffled that this is even a complaint.

They do no ducking famage.
    I couldn’t die to a magdk on a Sorc even if i tried. they’re damage is absolutely pathetic.
    And on the flipside, Wings is absolutely the only thing keeping me from DOA’ing every mag dk who comes within 28 meters of me.

Mag dk is fodder to sorc outside of duels where a Melee mag build can get away with high damage.

This change just pushes the matchup more in the sorcs favor.

Yes Swallow soul should be unreflectable thats the biggest issue with wings ive seen.

but the change has already gone through so no point in complaining anymore, congrats you guys, Eso just became that much more less skillfull

XB1 GT- Cali Made

Praetorian Stam DK Redguard

Brigadier Stam/magblade (whatever i feel like running) Redguard

Major Mag DK Dark Elf

lieutenant Mag/stamplar (whatever i feel like running) Redguard
    Options
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well I´ll have to add that the new wings are Kind of hillariously OP in some PvE situations, if you cast wings before the zmaja heavy in cloudrest hits you it gets reduced by an additional 50%, when I blocked it dealt 6k Damage :D:D:D
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
    Options
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Each class had an op ability, by your logic they should nerf streak even further, nerf cloak, nerf purifying ritual, nerf shimmering shield, etc... Do you see my point? I’d love to see the forums melt if they were to nerf purge.

It was too good offensively. Made fighting ranged enemies easy mode AF. Reflecting damage was one thing but CC abilities was a little over the top.
    Options
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    IMO, if you want other classes to have to “know when to attack so it wouldn’t be reflected”, then I say you should “know when to cast it so you can read your opponent & reflect the proper attack, due to travel time on skills”, double or triple the cost of reflect so you can’t have an 80% or better mitigation uptime canceling out entire builds.

If you’re going to make the argument for other players to have to “think” & make good choices then you should have to as well!
    DK no longer gets to be the “I can mash 1 button & mentally check out while you destroy yourself” class.

As a Stam DK, this simply isn't true as we don't have magicka to spam it.
    Options
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

Before it was a skill that required your opponent to change their behavior, and you were rewarded when they didn't. Now it's a boring self buff. A strong buff, to be sure, but just another thing to keep in your buff rotation.

I agree

I main sorc and I would really have to hold off on a frag and if I had bad timing I'd be forced to dodge roll or block. Too bad, it was a cool play/counterplay and then counter counter play
    Options
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Insco851 wrote: »
    MagNbs rejoice. We can finally attack a DK....

I'm having a blast killing DKs hahahaha been waiting 5 years for this XD
    Options
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It was too good offensively. Made fighting ranged enemies easy mode AF. Reflecting damage was one thing but CC abilities was a little over the top.

What do you call streaking out of meteor, block and then cloaking most ults like meteor and dawnbreaker, cloak suppressing dots, etc.. Just like how a sorc can disengagea fight with repeated streaks and night blades be able to reset a fight with cloak. Why shouldn’t the dk ( a class with NO escape) be able to stand its ground against ranged enemies who have no intention of getting close to a class that has no range and IS all melee.
    Options
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It be better if wings stayed the same and reflected all projectiles ( including meteor) but only reflected projectiles greater than 7m which the range of whip. Now tell me how that isn’t fair.
    Options