Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Revert Faction Locks. We've Been Through This Already

• bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MipMip wrote: »
    Now faction lock is here and it's so off-putting to have these non-sensical locks that it really spoils the excitement there could be with the new class, new area, etc

I hope ZOS will remove them soon again!
    And I hope, and will advocate for, faction locks in all campaigns. It doesn't make sense to allow cheaters to earn the same rewards as legitimate players.

Lethal zergling
    Options
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Now faction lock is here and it's so off-putting to have these non-sensical locks that it really spoils the excitement there could be with the new class, new area, etc

I hope ZOS will remove them soon again!
    And I hope, and will advocate for, faction locks in all campaigns. It doesn't make sense to allow cheaters to earn the same rewards as legitimate players.

"Cheaters"

This is getting stale af. Honestly just close these faction lock threads, the decision has been made, it's pointless arguing with brick walls.
    Options
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »
    This is getting stale af. Honestly just close these faction lock threads, the decision has been made, it's pointless arguing with brick walls.
    A decision has been made, but this isn't the final development... once faction locks are shown to be beneficial, we can argue that they should be in place for all campaigns.
    Lethal zergling
    Options
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A decision has been made, but this isn't the final development... once faction locks are shown to be beneficial, we can argue that they should be in place for all campaigns.

Why, you got what you wanted, you don't need to play in a campaign that you don't like, so stop forcing your will on others.
    Options
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    One thing that would fix some of PVP, would just give every month to all CP160, 50 Transmute Crystals per Toon, it would made a lot of people stop going on Cyrodiil on all character just for that, or put it in another place like every 28-day of Daily Rewards Calendar
    Edited by yRaven on May 21, 2019 2:40AM
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)
    Options
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love faction lock so much <3 Thank you ZoS. At least faction involving in pvp makes sense.

Options
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faction locks is great
    Options
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad we finally have the faction locks back, we really should push for alliances back to revert one tamriel so we can enjoy the game the way it was intended to be played when it was first released
    Options
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glad we finally have the faction locks back, we really should push for alliances back to revert one tamriel so we can enjoy the game the way it was intended to be played when it was first released

It will be some time alot of people still level their necros, and do they new content... but im hopfull, iwe even seen some old old people comming back...
    Options
  • The_Shadowborn
    The_Shadowborn
    ✭✭✭
    LMAO come on the people that have made chars on other alliances have mainly done it to find better fights.

Make it so faction lock works so its leaderboard based, so if I lock to EP I can't be on the AD/DC leaderboards and hell even slash AP gain on those factions too if you haven't locked to it, 50%+ decrease in AP gains. Most players that are decent enough to be moving around looking for fights already have millions and millions of AP.
    @W_Shadowborn (PC/EU)
    - Toxic Toads
    - Noxious
    - [/s] Cyrodiil's Fist
    [/s]
    Options
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    LMAO come on the people that have made chars on other alliances have mainly done it to find better fights.

Make it so faction lock works so its leaderboard based, so if I lock to EP I can't be on the AD/DC leaderboards and hell even slash AP gain on those factions too if you haven't locked to it, 50%+ decrease in AP gains. Most players that are decent enough to be moving around looking for fights already have millions and millions of AP.

No !
    Options
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fortunately I have two accounts so I am not locked into a faction, but that should not be necessary in order to look for good fights (for which it is often useful to switch alliance to go away from the dominating faction)

I hope ZOS removes faction locks in their current form soon.
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
    Options
  • BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭
    If people want to play with friends, wouldn't an unlocked campaign suffice? Locking campaigns should make it more competitive. I believe one should stick to their team/alliance, without flipping for any reason.

ZoS needs to add a 7 day noCP campaign for the population that wants an unlocked noCP campaign.
    Options
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    If people want to play with friends, wouldn't an unlocked campaign suffice? Locking campaigns should make it more competitive. I believe one should stick to their team/alliance, without flipping for any reason.

ZoS needs to add a 7 day noCP campaign for the population that wants an unlocked noCP campaign.

@BlackMadara an alliance is not a team by any definition that I know - it is a large mass of players most of whom do not know each other. Locking the factions doesn't make PvP more competitive but rather the contrary as it prevents groups / raids from going where the best fights can be had (usually on the underdog side)

PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
    Options
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@BlackMadara an alliance is not a team by any definition that I know - it is a large mass of players most of whom do not know each other. Locking the factions doesn't make PvP more competitive but rather the contrary as it prevents groups / raids from going where the best fights can be had (usually on the underdog side)

An alliance is greater than a team. It is a collection of teams all fighting for a common goal under one banner. Some of these teams will never see or know each other as you point out, and yet they still fight for the same thing. Their actions impact each other even if they are never side by side on the battlefield. This is what makes AvAvA so much more grand than small scale team based pvp. It overarches it.

Yes this is only a game, but it is a game about a war, the 3 banner war. Faction hopping allows individuals, and small groups of individuals to throw that whole concept of the war under the bus so that they can pursue their own small skirmishes wherever and whenever they want. Cyrodiil is not small scale pvp it is large scale pvp across all time zones. It allows for small scale pvp but should not cater to it. The more it caters to it the more it undermines its large scale tenets. Faction locking is the first great step to making Cyrodiil a meaningful large scale AvAvA experience.
    Options
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know everyone is really excited about the faction locked Trueflame but, I just wanted to pop back in and reiterate that an unlocked campaign exists and is worth your time if you don't care for faction locks.

Two D-ticks earned 60k and 12k AP from an hour long 3-way fight at bleakers.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
    Options
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm casual PVP and I like what they've done with faction locks. But I wonder if maybe they should have faction locked the 7 day campaigns instead. That way if you want to jump around a little you could do that each time there's a reset and it wouldn't be for a whole month.

What I think we're going to see on locked 30 day campaigns is that over time the strongest faction will only get stronger. People are going to see the pop bars and bring in whatever matches the strongest team. So lots of action the first week and then whoever can establish themselves as the strongest will just run the map and everyone else will just quit trying.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Damn right. Dungeons and trials should only allow same-faction teams to be more competitive. Zones should be segregated by faction, and no helping new players unless they are the same alliance! You should have to do Cadwell's silver and gold quests to go shopping in other zones and get lorebooks, skyshards and psijic portals.

The deserted zones of One Tamriel were GREAT.
    Options
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miriel wrote: »
    Mr_Walker wrote: »

Thats not my problem, again alot of people DONT want to play with faction hopping... ZOS fixes this... and no your not forced to do anything, you can play with likeminded on the servers that dosent have faction locks...

To give you a example this is your reasoning, i want to pvp, but i have no peopel to pvp with, so lets force all pve peopel to pvp also ?... do you understand that people have difren preference off play ?

wut?

If I read the above correctly, my problem is I am spoilt for choice for people to play with.
    I hav a preference, like alot of other people, we dont wat to play with faction hoppers, now what you do, is entirly up to you, you will have campaigns where you can faction hop inside, and what you do there i dont care...

Don't hate me because I have friends in different factions. Blame god for making me so damn lovable.

Given the lack of population (and this applies to off peak only, so large chunks of the world), I ask this hypothetical. When critical mass happens, and the map is painted, at that point you're either gating or gated, it doesn't matter, what are you going to do for PvP?

Again, don't suggest Shor. Or Sotha. They're PvDoor.

Thats still not my problem... you have a preference of play, deal with it, dont force others...

Why don't you take a dose of your own advice.

The hypocrisy is so real
    Ranger209 wrote: »

An alliance is greater than a team. It is a collection of teams all fighting for a common goal under one banner. Some of these teams will never see or know each other as you point out, and yet they still fight for the same thing. Their actions impact each other even if they are never side by side on the battlefield. This is what makes AvAvA so much more grand than small scale team based pvp. It overarches it.

Yes this is only a game, but it is a game about a war, the 3 banner war. Faction hopping allows individuals, and small groups of individuals to throw that whole concept of the war under the bus so that they can pursue their own small skirmishes wherever and whenever they want. Cyrodiil is not small scale pvp it is large scale pvp across all time zones. It allows for small scale pvp but should not cater to it. The more it caters to it the more it undermines its large scale tenets. Faction locking is the first great step to making Cyrodiil a meaningful large scale AvAvA experience.

Meanwhile in PC NA: EP, on the most the most popular server that is the 30 day CP, now has all 6 scrolls and there's nothing any balance players can do since most of us home EP.

Faction lock has started with a bang. GG guys!

Sarcasm aside, hopefully balance can be made but I don't see that happening easy with month locks. Maybe if flexibility presents itself which most us old players agreed would be best if we would actually be heard...

***Edited to remove confusion. Before you ask, (and it was in the post before), we couldn't find it in any of us to leave EP.
    Edited by ellahellabella on May 21, 2019 3:11PM
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
    Options
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile in PC NA: EP, on the most the most popular server that is the 30 day CP, now has all 6 scrolls and there's nothing any balance players can do since most of us home EP.

Sure, and that is because of Faction Lock, not the bug with the new Daedric Artifact, right?

Lethal zergling
    Options
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    Giraffon wrote: »
    What I think we're going to see on locked 30 day campaigns is that over time the strongest faction will only get stronger. People are going to see the pop bars and bring in whatever matches the strongest team. So lots of action the first week and then whoever can establish themselves as the strongest will just run the map and everyone else will just quit trying.

Exactly - boring.

PC EU ∙ PC NA

- Vilestride
    Options
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure, and that is because of Faction Lock, not the bug with the new Daedric Artifact, right?

What is bugged about it?
    Edited by Akinos on May 21, 2019 4:04PM
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
    Options
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Thats not my problem, again alot of people DONT want to play with faction hopping... ZOS fixes this... and no your not forced to do anything, you can play with likeminded on the servers that dosent have faction locks...

To give you a example this is your reasoning, i want to pvp, but i have no peopel to pvp with, so lets force all pve peopel to pvp also ?... do you understand that people have difren preference off play ?

wut?

If I read the above correctly, my problem is I am spoilt for choice for people to play with.
    I hav a preference, like alot of other people, we dont wat to play with faction hoppers, now what you do, is entirly up to you, you will have campaigns where you can faction hop inside, and what you do there i dont care...

Don't hate me because I have friends in different factions. Blame god for making me so damn lovable.

Given the lack of population (and this applies to off peak only, so large chunks of the world), I ask this hypothetical. When critical mass happens, and the map is painted, at that point you're either gating or gated, it doesn't matter, what are you going to do for PvP?

Thats still not my problem... you have a preference of play, deal with it, dont force others...

The hypocrisy is so real

Sarcasm aside, hopefully balance can be made but I don't see that happening easy with month locks. Maybe if flexibility presents itself which most us old players agreed would be best if we would actually be heard...

***Edited to remove confusion. Before you ask, (and it was in the post before), we couldn't find it in any of us to leave EP.

The best way to show that a policy is bad is to adhere to it.

Seeing the main 30 day campaign fall flat on its face as a one sided mess is something I would be happy to see, as it would be proof of what's been said over the past several weeks.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
    Options
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭

wut?

The hypocrisy is so real

Seeing the main 30 day campaign fall flat on its face as a one sided mess is something I would be happy to see, as it would be proof of what's been said over the past several weeks.

If you dont like faction lock, you have a campaign that doesnt have it...
    Options
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭

wut?

The hypocrisy is so real

If you dont like faction lock, you have a campaign that doesnt have it...

Would you care to get 5 friends and come GvG and show us how dominant you are because faction lock? Assuming you’re pcna
    Options
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭

wut?

The hypocrisy is so real

To be fair, the map was painted red last night thanks in part to Volendrung. Whichever faction is lucky enough to pick it up is going to be hard to stop overnight. It's too early to tell but I believe it has no small part to play in what happened.
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i love the faction locks. i hope it stays.
    i hated seeing one side win everything, then they all logg out and logg back into the other side and win everything back in one HUGE zerg.
    Options
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    i hated seeing one side win everything, then they all logg out and logg back into the other side and win everything back in one HUGE zerg.

You hate seeing pvp?
    Options
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haashhtaag wrote: »
    Gilvoth wrote: »

You hate seeing pvp?

Don't bring logic into this....

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
    Options
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahtu wrote: »

wut?

The hypocrisy is so real

To be fair, the map was painted red last night thanks in part to Volendrung. Whichever faction is lucky enough to pick it up is going to be hard to stop overnight. It's too early to tell but I believe it has no small part to play in what happened.

Dude, you back doored (or pvdoored) with an artifact that you probably read on the forums was powerful. you can't back down from this now...
    Edited by ellahellabella on May 21, 2019 6:24PM

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact

Aldmeri Dominion

Daggerfall Covernant
    Options