The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Revert Faction Locks. We've Been Through This Already

• Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »
    Miriel wrote: »
    J18696 wrote: »
    Inreality wrote: »
    I love the faction lock, I understand friendships have been formed, however reality is whether it's in a game or in real life, that one true constant is; change.

And when you start anchoring yourself to has beens, instead of moving on and seeing the good that come out of this, you're lost.

For once we will have balanced fights. Where people won't simply hop on whatever faction is winning the zergs, instead, people are locked into having to fight for the alliance they choose to fight for. Deal with it.

Friendsships in real life also come and go, so do alliances, and any form of organisation.

Love to see how this adaption to Cyrodill will shape the battleground.

Friendships irl aren't restricted from hanging out with each other because "reasons."

If you want to hang with your friends without faction locks, there is a campaign for that...

Not in the time zone I play in. As people have endlessly said.

Its NA time zone, i dident know there was any other one ?, have you tried EU if their faction less works better ?

She means oceanic time zone Australians ect only 1 server has population during this time[/qu

People are free to play where they wish, i guess there is very little interest for faction less then ?

Noooo, there's very little interest in playing lower populated servers, and more interest in playing on the main campaign, because of the 30 day rewards.

I personaly think people play on the servers that interests them the most... feels kinda stupid to play on a server that dosent suit your playstyle... when there is both options
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I personaly think people play on the servers that interests them the most... feels kinda stupid to play on a server that dosent suit your playstyle... when there is both options

Don't think you quite know what oceanic population is like, so I don't know why you're bothering to comment on it.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Mirrrr
    Mirrrr
    ✭✭✭
    Tbh all my friends are red. All my toons are yellow but 1. In cyro I play only yellow. And my red stays in the sewers an IC. Good thing is AD wins 80% of the time even though we aren't the biggest faction on ps4.
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭

Don't think you quite know what oceanic population is like, so I don't know why you're bothering to comment on it.

Becouse people seem to choose the campaign with faction lock...you dont want to play with faction lock, et you demand that the campaign that is most numerous should change and be faction less, when people are likely playing there just couse its locked... so no i really dont get your arguments..

You have options
    Edited by Miriel on May 22, 2019 10:44AM
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Becouse people seem to choose the campaign with faction lock...you dont want to play with faction lock, et you demand that the campaign that is most numerous should change and be faction less, when people are likely playing there just couse its locked... so no i really dont get your arguments..

You have options

You literally don’t have options as an oceanic player so just stop.

People don’t choose the campaign because it’s locked. People pick the campaign because it’s the 30 day cp campaign and regarded as the “main” campaign.
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You have options

The only reason most people chose to play that campaign is because it is 30day. If zos implemented faction lock on the 7 day campaign, most people would still play on the 30 day.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    TBois wrote: »

You have options

The only reason most people chose to play that campaign is because it is 30day. If zos implemented faction lock on the 7 day campaign, most people would still play on the 30 day.

We dont know that, what i do know is... IF ihave can go and see a movie i hate that alot of people and my friends go to, or a movie i love, but no one else goes to, i will definatly go to the movie i love... why subject myself to a experince i dont like, if there is a choise ?
    Edited by Miriel on May 22, 2019 1:59PM
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I love the faction lock, I understand friendships have been formed, however reality is whether it's in a game or in real life, that one true constant is; change.

And when you start anchoring yourself to has beens, instead of moving on and seeing the good that come out of this, you're lost.

For once we will have balanced fights. Where people won't simply hop on whatever faction is winning the zergs, instead, people are locked into having to fight for the alliance they choose to fight for. Deal with it.

Friendsships in real life also come and go, so do alliances, and any form of organisation.

Friendships irl aren't restricted from hanging out with each other because "reasons."

If you want to hang with your friends without faction locks, there is a campaign for that...

Its NA time zone, i dident know there was any other one ?, have you tried EU if their faction less works better ?

Aside from having to completely make new characters, grind CP, earn gold and drink endless amounts of toilet cleaner to get all of the sets/weapons and their particular traits, playing 'EU' is not really a response to faction locks.

There are people all over the world outside of NA who play during the 'NA Nighttime' ( including many NAers due to night shifts )

You have options

We dont know that, what i do know is... IF ihave can go and see a movie i hate that alot of people and my friends go to, or a movie i love, but no one else goes to, i will definatly go to the movie i love... why subject myself to a experince i dont like, if there is a choise ?

Exactly, I am not allowed in the cinema with some of my friends because they live in the wrong street.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You have options

Because my friends invited me? Seems like a good reason to see the *** movie. I mean how many people saw The Room? A bunch because it is a collective experience we can all talk about.

PC/NA

Youtube
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ghostbane wrote: »

Aside from having to completely make new characters, grind CP, earn gold and drink endless amounts of toilet cleaner to get all of the sets/weapons and their particular traits, playing 'EU' is not really a response to faction locks.

There are people all over the world outside of NA who play during the 'NA Nighttime' ( including many NAers due to night shifts )

You have options

Exactly, I am not allowed in the cinema with some of my friends because they live in the wrong street.

If their around when you are, they have the same choise as you have...
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭

You have options

Because my friends invited me? Seems like a good reason to see the *** movie. I mean how many people saw The Room? A bunch because it is a collective experience we can all talk about.

Yes, you may do that once, two times ?, every night for a week ?... my point is still, people tend to do things they regulary prefer, now we have a choise
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You have options

Yes, you may do that once, two times ?, every night for a week ?... my point is still, people tend to do things they regulary prefer, now we have a choise

Some have choice. NoCP players dont have choice.

PC/NA

Youtube
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭

You have options

Thats news, i thought there was a campaign without faction locks ?

just to bring up a few things, im fairly sure that if the 7day been faction locked, the majoity would have gone there , without a doubt...
    Edited by Miriel on May 22, 2019 3:14PM
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You have options

just to bring up a few things, im fairly sure that if the 7day been faction locked, the majoity would have gone there , without a doubt...

Lol calls out my opinion due to no evidence then states an opinion as fact

PC/NA

Youtube
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭

You have options

When i say fairly sure, i wouldent state im doing that as a "fact", regardless, lets agree to disagree
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You have options

When i say fairly sure, i wouldent state im doing that as a "fact", regardless, lets agree to disagree

Then why add the "without a doubt"?

PC/NA

Youtube
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭

You have options

As a opinion im sure of it... im fairly sure you are fairly set in your opinion ?
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You have options

As a opinion im sure of it... im fairly sure you are fairly set in your opinion ?

I'm sure that "fairly" implies doubt.

Edit: I'm sure that "without a doubt" is not the same as "fairly sure".
    Edited by TBois on May 22, 2019 5:22PM

PC/NA

Youtube
  • Crispen_Longbow
    Crispen_Longbow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It really boils down to this...

ZOS created a few sandboxes for all the kids to play in, however all the kids only use 1 sandbox (30 Day CP Campaign).

ZOS decides to come up with a new rule.

This rule will force 1 of the 2 kids that care about this rule to an empty sandbox. Neither kid wants to play in the empty sandbox. Regardless if ZOS makes the new sandbox a “Faction lock only” or a “Faction Open” sandbox, it will be dead and empty. Neither kid wants to play in an empty sandbox.

xsp8vvt014aa.jpg
    Crispen Longbow - Daggerfall Covenant (DC): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (Blue VE, Khole, LoM, MO)
    Crispen Longboww - Aldmeri Dominion (AD): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - Crispen's House of Pain RIP (KP, Yellow VE, Omni)
    Crispen Longbow-EP - Ebonheart Pact (EP): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (Red VE)
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It really boils down to this...

ZOS created a few sandboxes for all the kids to play in, however all the kids only use 1 sandbox (30 Day CP Campaign).

ZOS decides to come up with a new rule.

This rule will force 1 of the 2 kids that care about this rule to an empty sandbox. Neither kid wants to play in the empty sandbox. Regardless if ZOS makes the new sandbox a “Faction lock only” or a “Faction Open” sandbox, it will be dead and empty. Neither kid wants to play in an empty sandbox.

xsp8vvt014aa.jpg

Are you a teacher by trade? Great diagram lol!

PC/NA

Youtube
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely not a math teacher. According to the polls, 4 of those children would be "Wants faction lock".
    Lethal zergling
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely not a math teacher. According to the polls, 4 of those children would be "Wants faction lock".

Not really. Majority of players don’t care. Accurate picture is accurate.
  • del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    The players who want faction locks may be more vocal, but they are definitely the minority.

I accidentally homed a faction on the wrong character, and I am now locked out of playing with my friends for a full 30 DAYS. I can't even spend AP to swap this.

My entire PVP experience has been ruined for at least 30 days, and even when those are up, I will only be able to pvp in cyrodil on a fraction of my characters. Dead campaigns are not a viable alternative please do not make that suggestion.

How can I unlock my faction? Customer service help
    PCNA

• bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    del9 wrote: »
    I accidentally homed a faction on the wrong character, and I am now locked out of playing with my friends for a full 30 DAYS
    First of all, this is a complete lie. You are not in any way locked out of "playing with your friends". Last night, two of my friends logged in to find myself and another friend faction-locked to AD. They were stuck in EP. So what did we do? Whine and make threads? No, we joined the fight against each other. Teabags and all. Awesome fun.
    My entire PVP experience has been ruined for at least 30 days, and even when those are up, I will only be able to pvp in cyrodil on a fraction of my characters. Dead campaigns are not a viable alternative please do not make that suggestion.
    Some people will just never be satisfied.

Edited by bulbousb16_ESO on May 22, 2019 7:03PM
    Lethal zergling
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I accidentally homed a faction on the wrong character, and I am now locked out of playing with my friends for a full 30 DAYS
    First of all, this is a complete lie. You are not in any way locked out of "playing with your friends". Last night, two of my friends logged in to find myself and another friend faction-locked to AD. They were stuck in EP. So what did we do? Whine and make threads? No, we joined the fight against each other. Teabags and all. Awesome fun.
    Some people will just never be satisfied.

Yeah Del quit lying and just zerg like bulbousbe
  • del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭

Here we have someone defending faction locks, while simultaneously admitting to and promoting inter-faction collusion. LOL. Doesn't that go against everything that the faction lock is supposed to promote?

Edited by del9 on May 22, 2019 7:19PM
    PCNA

• bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here we have someone defending faction locks, while simultaneously admitting to and promoting inter-faction collusion. LOL. Doesn't that go against everything that the faction lock is supposed to promote?
    You'd think, given recent political events, that everyone would know what "collusion" is....
    Edited by bulbousb16_ESO on May 22, 2019 7:41PM
    Lethal zergling
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    The players who want faction locks may be more vocal, but they are definitely the minority.

I accidentally homed a faction on the wrong character, and I am now locked out of playing with my friends for a full 30 DAYS. I can't even spend AP to swap this.

How can I unlock my faction? Customer service help

Agree. And even if you hadn't homed it accidentally it would restrict your options severely.

Faction lock really makes it difficult for guilds and other groups. For some smaller guilds it threatens their continued existence as an active guild. It is really bad for the community.
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
  • Jurand80
    Jurand80
    ✭✭✭✭
    Say no to faction lock. I want to play with all of my friends! Fu dolphin! Fu whale!
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'd think, given recent political events, that everyone would know what "collusion" is....

Tbh I think that has muddied the waters a bit

PC/NA

Youtube