The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Revert Faction Locks. We've Been Through This Already

• bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBois wrote: »
    Tbh I think that has muddied the waters a bit
    Haha, you may actually be right. However, I don't think even that guy would define people fighting and killing each other, then teabagging them, would qualify as collusion. But then again, you never know with that guy.

Lethal zergling
  • killahsin
    killahsin
    ✭✭✭
    just give these people better rewards for the no lock no claim campaigns and leave the faction locks in. All these people care about is farming rewards.
    Edited by killahsin on May 23, 2019 2:44AM
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    killahsin wrote: »
    just give these people better rewards for the no lock no claim campaigns and leave the faction locks in. All these people care about is farming rewards.

And all "you people" care about is RP?
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man take my rewards I just want to be able to play with all my friends and if anyone says just play the 7 day no ty it's always empty
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If all these people that wanted to 'just play with friends" went to the 7 day, the 7 day wouldn't be empty.
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    00QLGH5.png

Imma put this screenshot into this topic too. @Ahtu who do we blame for this stuff now?
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    If all these people that wanted to 'just play with friends" went to the 7 day, the 7 day wouldn't be empty.

For the 100th time, probably 1000th, that only works at prime time, there isn't the population for more than 1 campaign off peak hours.
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Logs in looks at 7 day campaign no population looks at forums scratch head
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

During off peak on XNA the game barely has enough PvP population to hit 1 bar in 30cp....

Edited by Mr_Walker on May 23, 2019 8:19AM
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »

During off peak on XNA the game barely has enough PvP population to hit 1 bar in 30cp....

Same with PC/NA.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you guys worked half as hard trying to convince one bar of population when you play to switch servers as you do trying to convince everyone around the clock that faction locks should go, you would already all be on the 7 day during your play time.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ranger209 wrote: »
    If you guys worked half as hard trying to convince one bar of population when you play to switch servers as you do trying to convince everyone around the clock that faction locks should go, you would already all be on the 7 day during your play time.

l2read
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    logs in looks at all campaigns no population looks at forum scratch head
  • killahsin
    killahsin
    ✭✭✭

Interesting response tbois. Thanks.
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    We took Brindle last night with about 50 EP in the middle of prime time with emp. The vision is becoming a reality.
    Edited by Ahtu on May 23, 2019 1:35PM
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahtu wrote: »
    We took Brindle last night with about 50 EP in the middle of prime time with emp. The vision is becoming a reality.
    Nah... it's just a protest against faction lock. It won't last.
    Lethal zergling
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting response tbois. Thanks.

Thanks, Killah! I'm always happy to add more tribal generalizations and assumptions. Intelligent dialogue with the other side is so last year.

PC/NA

Youtube
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »

For the 100th time, probably 1000th, that only works at prime time, there isn't the population for more than 1 campaign off peak hours.

Then that just means there are so few people that want unlock server, that ZOS picked the correct server to lock.

• TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then that just means there are so few people that want unlock server, that ZOS picked the correct server to lock.

See sandbox diagram on previous page for different perspective.

PC/NA

Youtube
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's just an opinion, just like mine, doesn't change the fact more people want faction lock.

• jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's just an opinion, just like mine, doesn't change the fact more people want faction lock.

That is also just an opinion. Unless you have personally spoken to every single active player.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

That is also just an opinion. Unless you have personally spoken to every single active player.

Yup. That's why I said it just the way I said it.

• bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is an opinion, but one backed by statistics. The polls and page likes all indicate much greater support for faction lock than those opposed. Not that those are definitive by any stretch, but it is evidence, nonetheless.
    Lethal zergling
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Personally I believe that they should have reworked the CP system before introducing faction locks.

The main goal is to condense our PvP population as much as possible in a minimal amount of campaign to get a fair competition during primetime. Fixing the CP system would mean that we could go with one 30 days with faction locks enabled and another 30 days campaign without locks. I think this would go a long way.

In the meantime, I like the following suggestion from @MipMip :
    - locks that prevent switching to the faction that dominates the map but allow switching to the weaker factions (scoreboard)
    Edited by frozywozy on May 23, 2019 3:23PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is an opinion, but one backed by statistics. The polls and page likes all indicate much greater support for faction lock than those opposed. Not that those are definitive by any stretch, but it is evidence, nonetheless.

Give me actual ZOS numbers and not polls on the internet.
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    Personally I believe that they should have reworked the CP system before introducing faction locks.

The main goal is to condense our PvP population as much as possible in a minimal amount of campaign to get a fair competition during primetime. Fixing the CP system would mean that we could go with one 30 days with faction locks enabled and another 30 days campaign without locks. I think this would go a long way.

- locks that prevent switching to the faction that dominates the map but allow switching to the weaker factions (scoreboard)

@ZOS_GinaBruno Hire this man!
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭

You can change at the end of the campaign, is it so hard to stay and fight with your friends for one damn campaign ?... people gamed the system, so sorry no fun allowed !

About your proposed idea, so lets asume EP is winning, so the "loons" jump to the loosing side, that was AD, now they make AD winners, and jump to DC, and then they make them the winners, and jump back to EP, so not to burst your bubble, but isnt faction locks ment to stop just that ?...
    Edited by Miriel on May 23, 2019 5:03PM
  • IamDestiny
    IamDestiny
    ✭✭✭
    Miriel wrote: »

You can change at the end of the campaign, is it so hard to stay and fight with your friends for one damn campaign ?... people gamed the system, so sorry no fun allowed !

About your proposed idea, so lets asume EP is winning, so the "loons" jump to the loosing side, that was AD, now they make AD winners, and jump to DC, and then they make them the winners, and jump back to EP, so not to burst your bubble, but isnt faction locks ment to stop just that ?...
    Healthy scoreboard:
    unknown.png

Nightcap:
    unknown.png

Zerg:
    unknown.png

Do i have to say anything more?
    Zerg during the day.
    Cap during the night.

You know its actually that bad that DC can not do anything most of the day. I actually feel sorry for them.
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    HellFlame wrote: »

Healthy scoreboard:
    unknown.png

Nightcap:
    unknown.png

Zerg:
    unknown.png

Do i have to say anything more?
    Zerg during the day.
    Cap during the night.

You know its actually that bad that DC can not do anything most of the day. I actually feel sorry for them.

It is what it is, but we been in this position in the past, it solved itself over time, but you dont solve it by faction hopping and abusing the *** out of the campaign... To make a simple example, its like a dota team suddenly leave their loosing team mid game and yoin the winning side, its so utterly stupid, you dont chane side during a campaign, you do it at the beginning of one...

I am sorta certain that since ZOS brought faction locks back they aint going to remove it, atleast not for a forseable future, they might change and make anouther 30day campaign, but either way i am NOT going to play on a campaign without faction locks and so are alot of other people, and most off the more casual players... the most vocal against faction locks is the Git Good people and small scale faction hoppers...

So the population will be split
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The fact that you can change faction every 30days does not change the fact that alot of players who play EP have at least 6-7 EP characters that they would be unable to play anymore by doing an effort to create some balance.

Regarding your second paragraph, I don't believe that a few groups of people willing to help the underdog would drastically change the scoreboard and put a faction in the winning spot. At least not from what I have seen the past few months.

I have been part of a guild who used to help AD once a week and from what I understood, people were only playing AD because EP was way ahead on the scoreboard. They would not have risked to have their main faction lose.

With the suggestion from @MipMip , it creates some more challenging fights on the map and attempt to counter the massive influx of people who used to play AD or DC and who will now main EP for the victory.

Believe it or not, alot of casual people want to get those rewards.

This being said, you entirely ignored my first solution which was to fix the cp system first, and then release two 30 days campaigns, one with faction locks and one without which would make the previous discussion worthless.
    Edited by frozywozy on May 23, 2019 8:02PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug