The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should unlocking Skyshards be available through the Crown Store for Alts ?

• Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No! Please don't implement skyshard packs in the crown store. Please explain.
    TheValar85 wrote: »
    They should also allow to buy the the stupid mages guild skill line.... i have leveled and collected for 10 characters...so if i can reasonably shorten the process for the next ones...

i would add the undaunted skill line. thats a painful process of grind fest. waaay worst then farming skyshards or mages guiild.

I hope you're not serious.
    You can add the all game to the crown store and be done with it! :D;)
    Edited by Universe on April 18, 2019 2:03PM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • GoldenKitsune
    GoldenKitsune
    ✭✭
    So I will play on both sides lanes and offer a few solutions.

Option A: Make the Skyshards giftable. (It would be more profitable believe me, as there are many people that are more than happy to pay gold to people that sell crowns than buy the crown themselves because of the difference in currency/earning etc)

Option B: (if option A is uncodeable) Make them available to buy for gold in game as well. This gives a silver lining to the experience and prevents the bad press for the company since there has been a lot of controversial subjects going around the topic of pay-to-win and corporation greed with Blades and 76, hence reducing the alienation between both the gamers and the corporations.

Option C: Reduce the cost to 100 crown per zone. Since it is per zone AND per toon, it really isn't unreasonable. And we aren't even talking about the DLC zones/Guild lvls that were said to be added later on in the stream.

Option D : Make it free.

Alternatively you can even smash A, B and C together if you have to have it.

There is a lot of profit to be made. You will just make it less if you try to make it by wrecking balling into the room.
  • Sunstone
    Sunstone
    Yes to having the feature for free/in game.

No to having it cost us money, it should be part of the base game or part of eso-plus.

Shop should be for cosmetics only. its a cheap tactic.
  • DovahkiinHeart
    DovahkiinHeart
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! Please implement skyshard packs in the crown store. Please explain.
    I'm all set to buy the Cyrodiil zone skyshard pack since I already got the achievement >:) Those 15 SP are going to be so, so sweet on my alts. It's the only zone that I do not care to hunt for shards in and with this guaranteed coming change, I (and many others in the same boat) will be celebrating the fact that the grind only has to be done once.
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Should be free atleast for ESO+ members.
  • Vulture051
    Vulture051
    ✭✭✭
    ookami007 wrote: »
    They pretty much announced that it will be. BUT... it will be one zone at a time and you'll have to pay for EACH zone for EACH alt. Have fun with that.

Oh, thought it was a one-time account-wide unlock. I was in ok with it but now I'm not.
    3 new classes. 3 new spellcasters. Zenimax has forgotten how to make melee classes.
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vulture051 wrote: »
    ookami007 wrote: »
    They pretty much announced that it will be. BUT... it will be one zone at a time and you'll have to pay for EACH zone for EACH alt. Have fun with that.

Oh, thought it was a one-time account-wide unlock. I was in ok with it but now I'm not.
    Love it how people naively thought ZoS will give them the option to buy all Skyshards for one simple click. They'll monetize every inch of this "feature". You wished for it and now eat it up.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other. Please explain.
    It’s just so ZOS can monetize Elsweyr (and make a little money in general). I don’t thinks that is wrong or bad. Many folks would buy Elsweyr and roll a Necro from scratch anyways. Buying skyshard packs would speed up the process of getting a new toon up to spec.

What I’d really like is lore book packs. Mage’s guild sucks. I’m on PC and used addons and it STILL sucked. Who KNOWS What guys on console have to deal with lol. I’m all for selling stuff like that for crowns. I’d pay.

(I should have voted yes; but, I didn’t know where I was going with this lol. I vote yes).
    Edited by JumpmanLane on May 2, 2019 8:25PM
  • ThanatosXR
    ThanatosXR
    ✭✭✭
    Arint they building a new leveling system?
  • MrSinister213
    MrSinister213
    ✭✭✭
    I think its a great idea and I think you should be able to buy CP as well. Anything to get more people into the game. PC NA is a ghost town in regards to dungeons, trials, PvP, battlegrounds, etc.
    Edited by MrSinister213 on May 2, 2019 9:01PM
    @TTV.BuyMoreCrowns
    Camelot Unchained Soon (ar 49 AD) high elf nb
    High Elf Slayer (ar 38 EP) dunmer dk
    Zangief (ar 37 DC) high elf sorc
    Papi Chulo (Ar 42 AD) stam sorc

wouldnt call myself a pve'er or pvper. my preferred endgame is crown crates.
  • Deter1UK
    Deter1UK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skyshards should be unlocked per account for Free, not something that you have to pay for
    Same with mount feeding and alliance rank.

Skyshards are free - you just have to be bothered to go and pick them up.
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other. Please explain.
    I think its a great idea and I think you should be able to buy CP as well. Anything to get more people into the game. PC NA is a ghost town in regards to dungeons, trials, PvP, battlegrounds, etc.

And now youve requested actual pay to win, which would kill the game. Bad. Shame on you.
  • JadeCoin
    JadeCoin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other. Please explain.
    The right thing to do would have been to provide a skyshard unlock on the base game map for console before they added this feature. Not doing so felt like a slap in the face to us, quite honestly, and a clear indication that "pay-to-skip" was going to be a substitute for QoL of other kinds.

Skyshards were designed for the game before One Tamriel, when progression across the map was more linear. One Tamriel was a fundamental redesign that changed the way people level alts, and skyshards were never brought up to date with the way people now play the game. I would be fine with skyshard packs being in the Crown Store, if ZOS showed a simultaneous commitment to keeping their game current and fun to play on console.

In short, it's bad for the future of the game on console, if the company directly profits from leaving off features that PC players already enjoy.
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, hell no.

Grind them, dont give money to zos.

• Hyperion616
    Hyperion616
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! Please implement skyshard packs in the crown store. Please explain.
    I think the purchase of Sky shard packs through the crown store for those who have already hunted down the sky shards previously is perfectly fine.

Not all things in a game need to have 2 ways to acquire them, sometimes using the in game store is fine as well. This is more of a convenience for those players who have already found all the sky shards in a zone.

Seems rather harmless to me, of course this is My opinion and I do not expect any one to agree with how I view things.
    I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it.

~Edith Sitwell

• Smile2342
    Smile2342
    ✭✭
    Other. Please explain.
    Maybe they should just add a crown store item that says "You Win!" so you can just skip the entire game if playing it is such a chore?

Joking, I don't really care either way that much.
  • NorthernNightmare
    NorthernNightmare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should be for gold

• randomkeyhits
    randomkeyhits
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thin end of the wedge and the mallet is already waiting to drive it in further.

We've seen how aggressive ZOS are over monetisation, just look at how in each iteration of the crates, they've pushed a bit harder each time to see how much we'll swallow and I'm surprised at how much its been.

I understand the pay-to-repeat argument and in some ways I'm OK with it but based on experience I'm not OK with where ZOS are likely to take it.

The thing is, this is not cosmetics, it has an impact on how you'll grow your characters and play them and its purely in the crown store so 100% a cash play.

No confidence that they can steer this down a safe-ish route.
    EU PS4
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Should be for gold

Indeed.
    Thin end of the wedge and the mallet is already waiting to drive it in further.

We've seen how aggressive ZOS are over monetisation, just look at how in each iteration of the crates, they've pushed a bit harder each time to see how much we'll swallow and I'm surprised at how much its been.

I understand the pay-to-repeat argument and in some ways I'm OK with it but based on experience I'm not OK with where ZOS are likely to take it.

The thing is, this is not cosmetics, it has an impact on how you'll grow your characters and play them and its purely in the crown store so 100% a cash play.

No confidence that they can steer this down a safe-ish route.

I agree.
    It is not cosmetic at all and shouldn't be introduced in the first place.

Thanks for voting everyone :)
    I hoped that ZOS will reconsider and will not introduce Skyshards for alts in the crown store or at the very least will add an in-game option to buy them for gold from an NPC.
    The Skyshards will be available for purchase after today's Patch maintenance.
    I won't be purchasing any, but anyone who wants to, you can go ahead.
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • mistermacintosh
    mistermacintosh
    ✭✭✭
    Other. Please explain.
    Would welcome free sky shard account unlock after grinding them out on your main.

I'm not paying for it unless it's super cheap, so it'll just be another item in the store i ignore when I check the stock.
    Legalize Nirnroot!

Mac User, NA Server (CP810+, PVE focused):
    Magicka Templar Ra the Everlasting (Level 50 - Main Character)
    Stamina Sorcerer Khazaka-ri (Level 50 - Crafter)
    Dragonknight Tank Skalda Flamewreath (Level 50)
    Pet Sorcerer Hellias Ocume (Level 50)
    Magicka Necromancer Socelon (Level 4)

Templar Healer Mends-Through-Panic (Level 50)
    Stamina Nightblade Adanna-daro (Level 50)
    Stamina Warden Marely Sprigs (Level 50)
    Stamina Dragonknight Ursula Trollcalmer (Level 50)
    Stamina Necromancer Daengeval (Level 4)

Stamina Templar Cornellus Graves (Level 50)
    Warden Healer Pays-For-Luxury (Level 50)
    Magicka Sorcerer Sophia Flash (Level 50)
    Magicka Dragonknight Cinvalo Aloavel (Level 50)
    Magicka Nightblade Esmerelda the Cruel (Level 50)
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭

Uggh...and by region even? WTF? This is like syphilis ice cream.