The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Should unlocking Skyshards be available through the Crown Store for Alts ?

• Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No! Please don't implement skyshard packs in the crown store. Please explain.
    I'd only be ok with it if there was a merchant/mage npc in game where you could unlock the same thing with gold. Otherwise this is just another obscene cash grab.
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
    "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Universe wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    The OP is not entirely correct. There is an option to get the sky shards in game and there always has been. Go collect them.

I posted there is a grind in which skyshards can be collected.
    Indeed, I wish players will just try to play the game normally rather than asking for shortcuts.
    The multiple requests for skyshards to be bound to account led to this new ZOS idea of crown store skyshard packs.

I would have been really happy if ZOS came and shout April fools!

It is inevitable. While I do not need it and would not buy them even with the new class, I expect MMORPGs have a vested interest in having players play alts. I expect it extends time they play the game but more importantly it means they spend more in the crown store on average.

I know players who personalize each character with their own mounts and more ($$$). Then we have mount training and it is not a stretch to think Zos is selling crown store training to many players.

So making it less of a grind per character on something that really does not hurt other players is a logical step. Other mature MMORPGs sell tokens to instantly have a character at max or near max level. It is good for business and we can expect Zos to take other moves to try to make alts easier.
    Options
  • Lord_Ninka
    Lord_Ninka
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like when they make us to PAY to AVOID PLAYING horribly grindy parts that's designed so most people don't want to repeat them or have the time, yet need the reward (skill points here) to get to the enjoyable part of the game. If something's so bad that people want to pay to skip it, then it shouldn't be in a game we're already paying for. The grind and the FarmVille style pay-to-skip-grind just upsets me.

I like it better when they make us PAY to PLAY wonderfully fun parts that are designed to make us enjoy all the hours we can spare the game. ZOS is fully capable of designing such really fun gameplay (and theory) that'll keep me engaged for many many hours and I'm happy to pay subscription and for expansion to get new fun content and improvements to the old.

Don't like 1 zone 1 character at a time either, it's obviously made to be hard to predict how much you'll end up spending, so you end up spending more than you wanted to, one little bit at a time. Not nice.
    Edited by Lord_Ninka on April 1, 2019 3:05PM
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently the zones are full of players running around and leveling or preparing their characters. With the ability to buy them for crowns, this will have an impact on the game population.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • gapps
    gapps
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! Please implement skyshard packs in the crown store. Please explain.
    Have to get and test several Necromancers .... farming Magesguild, Psijik, Undaunted etc.... is a grind for some days anyways... so yeah would be nice to have. Would like to see it for ingamegold.
    PC-EU
    ID: @gapps
    THE UNITED BROTHERHOOD

1234 CP | Tuck-Tuck-Tormentor before it was cool
    Monkey Three - Magica Nightblade - DD
    Ufo Mammut - Magica Nightblade - DD
    Ufo 'Mammut - Magica Sorcerer - DD
    Been Obsene - Magica Templer - DD

Saint Vitus - Stamina Nightblade - DD
    DŸSE - Stamina Sorcerer - DD
    Uncle Acid - Stamina Dragon Knight - DD
    Beehoover - Stamina Warden - DD
    Crave l l l o - Stamina Necro - DD
    Erec Zion - Stamina Necro - DD

Belzebong - Dragon Knight - Tank
    Cosmic Dead - Sorcerer - Tank

Brant Bjork - Templer - Healer
    Options
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Believe it or not, some people play this game only to enjoy an aspect of it, like PvP for example. I mean look at WoW when they offered a lvl 100 boost token for a price. A bunch of people re-subbed just for that. Not many people like grinding just to be able to enjoy doing something they like. I like traveling, but I don't enjoy the process of it, and I'm sure MANY are on the same boat. The crowded airport, security lines, you get the point.

Maybe some people like to grind skyshards and go through the same stuff over and over, but it's incredibly selfish of them to think that skyshards shouldn't be a part of the crownstore because it's "monetization of certain aspects", or because it's a "necessary thing in the game". Why shouldn't people be allowed to pay to skip parts they don't enjoy, and get straight to the parts they enjoy doing? They're paying with THEIR money, not others. People aren't forced to spend money for skyshards, are they? They can continue grinding as per usual. But people who pay for convenience are happy, and the company is also happy. More money, the game stays running, so I don't see why it's a bad idea to have more whales in this game. Back to the traveling example, some people pay more to go through security faster, and to get first class seats. Why shouldn't they be allowed to do that?

If i could choose between not having skyshards in the crown store, or having skyshards in the crownstore, i would pick the latter everytime. Now if it's between having skyshards in the crownstore, or having it on all alts for free, then that's a different story.
    Edited by StaticWave on April 1, 2019 3:19PM
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

Options
  • Khaadrun
    Khaadrun
    Davor wrote: »
    I personally think yes, not everyone has the time to collect Skyshards on alts.

Sorry, I don't agree with this. What do you mean you don't have time for it. It's not like it's going to take you weeks do to. I guess I play differently than you so I can't understand why someone would say they have no time. When I make a new character, I get the skyshard when I am in the area. Doesn't seem like a big deal to me, at least time wise.

As a teacher once told me, there are 86 400 seconds in a day. If you can't find the time, then something is wrong. People do have the time, they just CHOOSE not to use.

Really if someone has time to play and make a new character, they have time to get skyshards. After all, if someone doesn't have time to get skyshards, they don't have time to level up their mounts, they don't have time to do quests to continue the story, they don't have time to do research etc.

That basically means, if someone doesn't have the time, then they don't have time to make a new character either. Just makes no sense to me.

Please explain in what I am not seeing. I just don't understand and like to see your point of view.

Some people like me are studying or working and only have a few hours to play. And there are times you dont feel like playing your main and want to play a stamsorc instead of a beamplar. I want to play the alt, not spend the 2h i have each day for a week gathering Skyshards i already got in my main or lorebooks or whatever...
    So yeah you can make time (the 2 before mentioned hours) but that doesnt mean you wanna play something boring in those 2h
    Options
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Khaadrun wrote: »
    Davor wrote: »
    I personally think yes, not everyone has the time to collect Skyshards on alts.

Sorry, I don't agree with this. What do you mean you don't have time for it. It's not like it's going to take you weeks do to. I guess I play differently than you so I can't understand why someone would say they have no time. When I make a new character, I get the skyshard when I am in the area. Doesn't seem like a big deal to me, at least time wise.

As a teacher once told me, there are 86 400 seconds in a day. If you can't find the time, then something is wrong. People do have the time, they just CHOOSE not to use.

Really if someone has time to play and make a new character, they have time to get skyshards. After all, if someone doesn't have time to get skyshards, they don't have time to level up their mounts, they don't have time to do quests to continue the story, they don't have time to do research etc.

That basically means, if someone doesn't have the time, then they don't have time to make a new character either. Just makes no sense to me.

Please explain in what I am not seeing. I just don't understand and like to see your point of view.

Some people like me are studying or working and only have a few hours to play. And there are times you dont feel like playing your main and want to play a stamsorc instead of a beamplar. I want to play the alt, not spend the 2h i have each day for a week gathering Skyshards i already got in my main or lorebooks or whatever...
    So yeah you can make time (the 2 before mentioned hours) but that doesnt mean you wanna play something boring in those 2h

This is exactly why pay for convenience shouldn't be frowned upon. It's not really giving anyone an edge. I honestly believe people who don't support this idea cares a lot about the "accomplishments" after spending multiple hours into grinding something. There are people who would rather spend their few hours of free time actually playing the game, like doing trials or PvP, than riding around zones collecting skyshards. It's boring, it's tedious, and it's a waste of time.
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

Options
  • RazielSR
    RazielSR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they implement guild skill lines soon too. Just if you have an alt with those already maxed.
    It's extremely stupid and boring to level up those skill lines again. Im playing since beta and I just hope to see guild skill lines in the crown store soon. They should be ready for Elsweyr update too.
    Options
  • jaysins
    jaysins
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad they're adding it as it's a ridiculous grind and having to do it on multiple characters is nothing more than a boring waste of time as well as it takes zero skill. Run to this location, press "E" get skyshard rinse and repeat over 400 times. Then do it on multiple toons so several thousand times in some instances. It's a pay for convenience so whales who help keep the game running through hundreds, and in some cases thousands, of dollars spent on the game yearly can spend more time actually enjoying the game and focus on content instead of wasting our time. It allows adults with little free time but disposable income the opportunity to pay for more enjoyment and thus benefit the game and other players. If you don't have the funds to pay for them then you can find them and obtain them that way. It's a win win and I don't understand how you could disagree as it doesn't hurt you having an alternative means to obtain them. Or just get rid of skyshards completely as it really is a ridiculous and skilless grind.
    Jaisins -AD Stamsorc. Can't outrun an orc sorc
    Bearingitall -EP Warden. Lions and tigers and especially Bears oh my
    Options
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Currently the zones are full of players running around and leveling or preparing their characters. With the ability to buy them for crowns, this will have an impact on the game population.

Indeed.
    Less crowded zones is one of the main issues which can arise from this new feature.
    Edited by Universe on April 1, 2019 7:05PM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
    Options
  • ArenGesus
    ArenGesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about no to this all the way around. What is next? Paid char boosts to max level? Paid riding unlock to full? Paid crafting research to complete? Where does it stop?

I hate to break it to you, but you can already pay to complete research and to unlock riding level. And yes, you will soon be able to pay to unlock skill lines (psijic/mages/undaunted) - one of the devs even commented that he HATES leveling undaunted during the twitch livestream. So it's happening.

But it should be happening via in-game achievements rather than crown store purchases. I mean, if the game designers themselves admit that they hate the current design, then that's basically an admission that the design is bad. Haha, we sold you a game with poorly designed mechanics, now pay more to avoid using them.
    Options
  • ArenGesus
    ArenGesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    Michae wrote: »
    Just make them account wide. People have been asking for that for years, don't put it behind the pay wall. I can already hear the cries of thousands of forum users if you do that.

And people who enjoy exploring the world with multiple characters and gathering skyshards have asked them NOT to do that. So hopefully this makes both sides happy.

May I remind you that ESO+ subscribers get a crown stipend with their subscription. That's something they can use it for.

This could have been done in a way that optionally unlocks this in-game without changing your play style. And I can all but assure you that the crowns you get for ESO+ won't cover what they'll charge for it.
    Options
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »
    sevomd69 wrote: »
    esotoon wrote: »
    If they do illegalize crown crates and there is no other effective way to generate revenue...then there will be no more ESO...

I think this escapes the reality of some people on this forum...ESO is not a charity organization...if they stop making money they will pull the plug...

It also escapes people who support crown crates that there is a middle ground between crown crates and going broke. For instance you can sell and make revenue on the items in those crown crates by selling those items at a fair price in the crown store, without the need to gamble. And/or you could add these quality of life (non-cosmetic) improvements to ESO+ which in turn will encourage people to subscribe, giving ZOS a regular income.

There is wanting to make money and then there is wanting to make ALL the money as Jim Sterling would say.

The whole reason for the existence of a company like ZoS/Zenimax is to make THE MOST MONEY possible...Some of you just gotta grasp the realities of the real world...they're not doing this for our entertainment...no matter how much you want to think the opposite...

Some companies actually still give a sht and don’t design their games like players are just mindless sheep they can milk and prod without consequence. ZOS isn’t one of them.

Every time the community accepts one of these blatantly player-hostile monetizatons schemes, they’re proving to ZOS that they’re right to think their playerbase consists of mindless sheeple.

Well, the players have asked for an option to grinding skyshards on multiple characters.

ZOS gave them an option that doesn't ruin the game for people who enjoy exploring the world on alts. Makes both sides happy, I hope.

And I’m sure you’ll be saying the same thing when trial gear and vMA weapons are added to the crown store too

To quote from the other thread on this topic:
    Transactions - alternate payment

You learn horse riding buy completing a transaction, with either gold or crowns

You get more bag/bank space by completing a transaction, with either gold or crowns

You obtain potions, food, and drinks by buying them, with either gold or crowns

Expedited Progress - reduced time, maintains gameplay requirements

You earn exp by killing mobs or completing quests, OR you can earn more per kill/quest by using an exp scroll, but you still have to kill and quest to earn exp

You research items by obtaining an item, clicking a button, and waiting, OR faster by clicking a button and spending crowns, but still requiring you obtain the item to be researched

Gameplay Circumvention, P2W - removes gameplay requirements

Skyshards are obtained by exploring the game world and engaging enemies to get through to them VS pay cash to acquire skillpoints

Gear is obtained by defeating delve, dungeon, arena, or trial bosses, or lockpicking treasure chests VS pay cash to obtain gear

Level skill lines by completing related actions (gathering lorebooks, defeating Daedra/undead, completing dungeons and trial achievements, etc) VS pay cash to obtain fully leveled skill lines

ZOS has been pushing this line for a long time, with the more obvious recent example being the Welkynar motif. It’s ingame availability was intentionally designed to be frustrating and inaccessible to the majority of players to get people into the store instead.
    Edited by Jhalin on April 1, 2019 8:07PM
    Options
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other. Please explain.
    ArenGesus wrote: »
    Michae wrote: »
    Just make them account wide. People have been asking for that for years, don't put it behind the pay wall. I can already hear the cries of thousands of forum users if you do that.

And people who enjoy exploring the world with multiple characters and gathering skyshards have asked them NOT to do that. So hopefully this makes both sides happy.

May I remind you that ESO+ subscribers get a crown stipend with their subscription. That's something they can use it for.

This could have been done in a way that optionally unlocks this in-game without changing your play style. And I can all but assure you that the crowns you get for ESO+ won't cover what they'll charge for it.

Unless you are talking about unlocking them with gold instead of crowns, I don't see how making this an "optional unlock" would not have forced people to change their play style if they wanted to play with others.

I don't care how many crowns it costs, since I'm not going to buy them, just like I have never bought a riding lesson or a bag upgrade in the crown store. But others who don't want to spend the time in game now can do that.
    esotoon wrote: »
    If they do illegalize crown crates and there is no other effective way to generate revenue...then there will be no more ESO...

I think this escapes the reality of some people on this forum...ESO is not a charity organization...if they stop making money they will pull the plug...

It also escapes people who support crown crates that there is a middle ground between crown crates and going broke. For instance you can sell and make revenue on the items in those crown crates by selling those items at a fair price in the crown store, without the need to gamble. And/or you could add these quality of life (non-cosmetic) improvements to ESO+ which in turn will encourage people to subscribe, giving ZOS a regular income.

There is wanting to make money and then there is wanting to make ALL the money as Jim Sterling would say.

The whole reason for the existence of a company like ZoS/Zenimax is to make THE MOST MONEY possible...Some of you just gotta grasp the realities of the real world...they're not doing this for our entertainment...no matter how much you want to think the opposite...

Some companies actually still give a sht and don’t design their games like players are just mindless sheep they can milk and prod without consequence. ZOS isn’t one of them.

Every time the community accepts one of these blatantly player-hostile monetizatons schemes, they’re proving to ZOS that they’re right to think their playerbase consists of mindless sheeple.

Well, the players have asked for an option to grinding skyshards on multiple characters.

ZOS gave them an option that doesn't ruin the game for people who enjoy exploring the world on alts. Makes both sides happy, I hope.

And I’m sure you’ll be saying the same thing when trial gear and vMA weapons are added to the crown store too

To quote from the other thread on this topic:
    Transactions - alternate payment

You learn horse riding buy completing a transaction, with either gold or crowns

You get more bag/bank space by completing a transaction, with either gold or crowns

You obtain potions, food, and drinks by buying them, with either gold or crowns

Expedited Progress - reduced time, maintains gameplay requirements

You earn exp by killing mobs or completing quests, OR you can earn more per kill/quest by using an exp scroll, but you still have to kill and quest to earn exp

You research items by obtaining an item, clicking a button, and waiting, OR faster by clicking a button and spending crowns, but still requiring you obtain the item to be researched

Gameplay Circumvention, P2W - removes gameplay requirements

Skyshards are obtained by exploring the game world and engaging enemies to get through to them VS pay cash to acquire skillpoints

Gear is obtained by defeating delve, dungeon, arena, or trial bosses, or lockpicking treasure chests VS pay cash to obtain gear

Level skill lines by completing related actions (gathering lorebooks, defeating Daedra/undead, completing dungeons and trial achievements, etc) VS pay cash to obtain fully leveled skill lines

ZOS has been pushing this line for a long time, with the more obvious recent example being the Welkynar motif. It’s ingame availability was intentionally designed to be frustrating and inaccessible to the majority of players to get people into the store instead.

I would be surprised. Plus, they would have to make it a loot box with a random weapon in it to match the gameplay mechanic.

Either way, I'm tired of the people who want to push the "one and done" gameplay, but still have 15 characters. Decide how much repetition you want and limit your characters to that number.
    The Moot Councillor
    Options
  • haelene
    haelene
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly idgaf what other people do with their money. For the most part it doesn't effect me or my game time and everybody has different ideas of what their entertainment is worth ( in time and in money).

That said - the biggest concern I have is that Zos will use this as evidence to support making future systems slower, longer, or more difficult overall in order to push people towards purchases. If I had a guarantee this would not effect the time or skill it takes to get these things, then I'd be for it as an option.

As it sits now though that kind of guarantee is impossible. They've already shown a penchant towards increasing grind where they think they can get away with it, even without money involved, so it's really not that far-fetched to assume money would be an even more tantalising incentive.

Edited to fix phone auto correct.
    Edited by haelene on April 1, 2019 8:55PM
    Options
  • kmcaj
    kmcaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other. Please explain.
    Please just implement this basic feature without turning it into another shady cash grab.
    Edited by kmcaj on April 1, 2019 9:06PM
    Options
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only upshot to this I can think of is the competitive crowd who thinks this game is all about PvP and trials will leave my wonderful overland world in peace. The days of dealing with the rude people pulling all the mobs between the delve entrance and the skyshard without actually killing them may become a thing of the past.
    Options
  • gapps
    gapps
    ✭✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »
    The only upshot to this I can think of is the competitive crowd who thinks this game is all about PvP and trials will leave my wonderful overland world in peace. The days of dealing with the rude people pulling all the mobs between the delve entrance and the skyshard without actually killing them may become a thing of the past.

so why a NO for you then? o.O
    PC-EU
    ID: @gapps
    THE UNITED BROTHERHOOD

1234 CP | Tuck-Tuck-Tormentor before it was cool
    Monkey Three - Magica Nightblade - DD
    Ufo Mammut - Magica Nightblade - DD
    Ufo 'Mammut - Magica Sorcerer - DD
    Been Obsene - Magica Templer - DD

Saint Vitus - Stamina Nightblade - DD
    DŸSE - Stamina Sorcerer - DD
    Uncle Acid - Stamina Dragon Knight - DD
    Beehoover - Stamina Warden - DD
    Crave l l l o - Stamina Necro - DD
    Erec Zion - Stamina Necro - DD

Belzebong - Dragon Knight - Tank
    Cosmic Dead - Sorcerer - Tank

Brant Bjork - Templer - Healer
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about no to this all the way around. What is next? Paid char boosts to max level? Paid riding unlock to full? Paid crafting research to complete? Where does it stop?

I hate to break it to you, but you can already pay to complete research and to unlock riding level. And yes, you will soon be able to pay to unlock skill lines (psijic/mages/undaunted) - one of the devs even commented that he HATES leveling undaunted during the twitch livestream. So it's happening.

But it should be happening via in-game achievements rather than crown store purchases. I mean, if the game designers themselves admit that they hate the current design, then that's basically an admission that the design is bad. Haha, we sold you a game with poorly designed mechanics, now pay more to avoid using them.

Possibly, but some don't want to provide revenue through subscriptions, some don't want to buy all the additional content, some want rid of crown crates - yet the game has to be paid for somehow. I hate the whole concept of paying to avoid playing the game, but the revenue has to come from somewhere - especially with one eye on the doubtful future of lootboxes in games.
    Options
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Why implement some well thought mechanic/quest for those Skyshards/Skill lines when you can just sell them on the store? From my personal perspective, that announcement reduced my motviation to play ESO to 0 because I am not willing to pay ESO+, buy chapters just to see more stuff like those on the store.
    Options
  • Jayroo
    Jayroo
    ✭✭✭✭
    why make a dupe thread
    Options
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

Possibly, but some don't want to provide revenue through subscriptions, some don't want to buy all the additional content, some want rid of crown crates - yet the game has to be paid for somehow. I hate the whole concept of paying to avoid playing the game, but the revenue has to come from somewhere - especially with one eye on the doubtful future of lootboxes in games.

I don't have any source or proof but ZOS is probably doing very well.
    ESO is still one of the most popular MMO games available right now.
    Even without the crown crates, they should have a decent revenue.
    So monetization of the game's quality of life features is really unnecessary.
    If I was in their position, this is a line I would never cross(even if the revenue decreases).

Jayroo wrote: »
    why make a dupe thread

This is not a duplicate discussion since this discussion's topic is not about if skyshards are P2W or not, this discussion is about if ZOS should include skyshard packs in the crown store for alt characters while there is no other option to unlock them other than grinding.

*I already made it quite clear on my OP post.
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    Options
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no plz. dont turn this into WOW. where everything is for the convenience of the casual.
    PC
    Options
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other. Please explain.
    Im not a fan of this.

first theres the its more incentivized on console argument i have made already on a number of post.

Secondly, i dont like how there planning to implement this. It seems poorly thought out and needlessly complex. From what I at least think ik about this, its per alt and per zone. Meaning if i have alikr and auridon skyshard hunter on my main I would have to purchase alikr and auridon on all of my alts. It seems like a scam, like there trying to get you to pay $5 here and $5 there and before you know it your at $300.

Its also just a bunch of needless purchasing interactions. Even if they make a bundle option for like tam skyshard hunter, with all of the dlc zones thats like 10(11 with elsewyr) purchases on 8-15(16+ with elsewyr). Thats like 150 transactions. Even if im like massively misunderstanding this and its unlock it on all your alts thats still 10 packs you have to buy a minimum if you have tam skyshard hunter.

Not to mention if you dont have the achievement you cant buy anything. If i have 14/15 auridon skyshards you cant buy it. Thats not a big deal but what if you have like 9/15 or 6/15. Then its a pain to go get those just to be able to get the how many youve already collected.

Its overly complicated and not consumer friendly at all.

Seriously just make it an account upgrade. I buy "skyshard unlock upgrade" for [Insert amount of money] and it makes it so any skyshard I have got previously on any character or pick up in the future is automatically unlocked for all of my current and future characters. That is way less complicated and more consumer friendly. 1 purchase, no hassle
    Options
  • Seminolegirl1992
    Seminolegirl1992
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see it as monetizing something that should only cost gold.
    @Seminolegirl1992 PC/NA CP 2300+ PVE, PVP, RP, Housing: Tel Galen, Fair Winds, Moon Sugar, Grand Psijic, Forsaken, HOTLC, Bastion, Ravenhurst, Gardner, Alinor, Hakkvild's, Gorinir, Kragenhome, Hundings, & more- feel free to come see!
    Main PVE: Rynne, breton mag dk
    PVP: Levexa, EP nord mag dk
    Crafter: Sabaki Taiyo, khajiit templar
    RP: N'zuri, Penelope Mecoud, Vhenasi Galanodel, Alassea Rilynn'urdrenn, Taiga Soulhammer, Jhaneyl Everhath, Nym Baenre, Eilistraee, Levexa, Rynne Galanodel, Mielikki, Hanali Celanil, Arwen Galanodel, Grainne. I think I have a problem.
    Former Empress | Swashbuckler Supreme | Godslayer | Gryphon Heart | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Dro-m'athra Destroyer | Dawnbringer
    Options
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ilithyania wrote: »
    no plz. dont turn this into WOW. where everything is for the convenience of the casual.

Agreed :)
    I see it as monetizing something that should only cost gold.

Gold and/or Alliance Points options can be nice.
    Though I'm not 100% sure that account wide skyshards is the right move.
    The achievements for skyshards is per character, it is kind of diminishes the achievement if it is per account.
    Edited by Universe on April 2, 2019 10:48AM
    Options
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If the alt-grind of skyshards, guilds, f****g horse training and the hideous Psijiic Order questline is stopping people playing alts, then ZOS should implement this for free (or for in game gold) for everyone, providing a genuine reward for players who actually play the game. I’d be super happy if they did this.

Devising a system where in game activities are so tiresome and dreary that people will actually PAY MONEY TO AVOID PLAYING is a very dangerous thing to do. Instead of castigating the developer who came up with the PO questline, it threatens to reward them for creating a bit of gameplay so revoltingly tedious that players will pay real money to avoid ever playing it again.

Watching the smirking devs having a laugh about implementing this and saying “it’s a trial, we’ll see how it works out”, was deeply disturbing. It’s clear that their ultimate goal is purchaseable fully kitted out endgame toons, with all the bells and whistles already added, which isn’t a nice look for the game at all.
    Options
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This should already be a feature in the game. This is just a money grab, honestly. We should be able to choose between paying gold or crowns if they are going to implement this.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
    Options
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other. Please explain.
    I don't mind that players will have the option to unlock skyshards on other characters, if they got them before.

But in my opinion this is something that should never be monetised. Especially not with a pseudo currency like crowns where it's too easy to forget how much real money it actually is.

Either give an ingame way to unlock them faster (like with gold at the achievement vendor of each zone or something) or leave it out of the game completely.
    Options