The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

AD seems really strong right now.

• heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    GO AD OR GO CRY !
    Options
  • ThanatosXR
    ThanatosXR
    ✭✭✭
    Yesterday everyone was saying EP was a zerg
    Options
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Knowledge wrote: »
    If this is anything to go by for the upcoming faction locks I think AD will be very dominant.
    I miss the old days of Kush and Pact Militia, prime EP guilds that no longer run; indeed OTC has had some good battles with them. But yes, despite what the lead shows now, AD is still the faction to beat..

I would pay good money to have all the golden oldies on the map again, and a server that could handle it. Imagine a world where Hijinx and No Mercy and Decibel and Vokundein and K-Hole and DiE were all on the map at once.

It would be glorious.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
    Options
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this is anything to go by for the upcoming faction locks I think AD will be very dominant.
    I miss the old days of Kush and Pact Militia, prime EP guilds that no longer run; indeed OTC has had some good battles with them. But yes, despite what the lead shows now, AD is still the faction to beat..

I would pay good money to have all the golden oldies on the map again, and a server that could handle it. Imagine a world where Hijinx and No Mercy and Decibel and Vokundein and K-Hole and DiE were all on the map at once.

It would be glorious.

I used to have trouble streaking or simply roll escaping out of the talon and impulse strong DiE back then with fps drops.
    DiE was a Fantastic guild I shall add before any negatives get any ideas to QQ.

If i were to reflect now however, I would take those fps drops over what we have now. The server ran so smooth most of the time. And people wonder why we daydream about the old days....
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
    Options
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It would be glorious.

I used to have trouble streaking or simply roll escaping out of the talon and impulse strong DiE back then with fps drops.

If i were to reflect now however, I would take those fps drops over what we have now. The server ran so smooth most of the time. And people wonder why we daydream about the old days....

Yup. Right up to the lighting patch, the only issues in pvp were the cruddy class and skill balance issues (and those were severe). But that was fixable. Whatever foundational thing they put into that patch just wrecked the game and has been the underpinning fault that has continued to this day.
    Options
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It would be glorious.

Yup. Right up to the lighting patch, the only issues in pvp were the cruddy class and skill balance issues (and those were severe). But that was fixable. Whatever foundational thing they put into that patch just wrecked the game and has been the underpinning fault that has continued to this day.

In b4 some random guy turns up saying lighting patch didnt cause performance issues. That one patch made so many players quit :/
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on May 2, 2019 8:58PM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
    Options
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It would be glorious.

In b4 some random guy turns up saying lighting patch didnt cause performance issues. That one patch made so many players quit :/

He won't be random, we all know who he is.
    Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »
    He won't be random, we all know who he is.
    aVwZAdt.png
    Imagine these were your glory days.
    rosecolorglass1.jpg
    Options
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the lighting patch was when they moved a bunch of information server side to deal with cheating / exploits. that means more calculations that the server has to do. obviously when the original alliance war was designed and tested it was done so before that change.

im surprised they have kept it going as smooth as they have given that change. I would just cut the fat from cyro even more, get rid of the wild wolves, imperial camps, random mobs, and NPC's outside of dungeons, get rid of the harvesting nodes, etc.

I think that alone might curb lag a bit more, maybe even drop per faction pop by another 10 players per faction (so 30 total) get rid of CP (more calculations)

ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
    Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    the lighting patch was when they moved a bunch of information server side to deal with cheating / exploits. that means more calculations that the server has to do. obviously when the original alliance war was designed and tested it was done so before that change.

This is 100% a player theory that ZOS disputes. Everyone is free to believe what they like, of course, but it's not factual.
    Options
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am of the opinion the servers / code are as good if not better than at launch, however, the player base has evolved faster than the servers.

At launch, people just used bow light attacks or could cast 5 spells before running out of magicka, there was no proc sets, cp calculations and like 20 buffs / debuffs etc etc. The majority probs didn't know how to activate an ability, thus less stress on server compared to today.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
    Options
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Really? I’ve read for the past 3 or so years DC and EP have been dominant and had 2 or 3 times the numbers. There are more AD these days but it’s a recent development - this is no-CP 30 day PC NA.

I’m pretty sure this is where all the recent faction stacking complaints have come from. EP and DC aren’t used to fighting large enough numbers of AD to pose a challenge.

Let’s face it, the same people complaining about faction stacking are the ones who chose EP and DC to play on the most populated team.

I agee with this ... I also want to add that AD has a Map disadvantage with the towns. I also want to mention that AD is home to a ton of Nightblades and solo play because of AD's races.
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
    Options
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

im surprised they have kept it going as smooth as they have given that change. I would just cut the fat from cyro even more, get rid of the wild wolves, imperial camps, random mobs, and NPC's outside of dungeons, get rid of the harvesting nodes, etc.

I think that alone might curb lag a bit more, maybe even drop per faction pop by another 10 players per faction (so 30 total) get rid of CP (more calculations)

Conceptually, having resources in Cyrodiil is a good idea. Having them be extra rich would in fact help with Cyrodiil participation and player numbers. Back in DAOC they even had raid bosses and rich farm spots in the frontiers precisely to entice people to stay in them for long periods of time. And they do participate in the function of getting players to spread out.

Every player in Cropsford, Cheydinhal, a delve, searching for rubedite nodes, ganking a resource, crafting in the south gate, etc is one less player stacked on top of each other in a giant zergball.

I do wish the server did a better job handling everything. That is still a primary failing of ZOS's, is never understanding how to fix it. I attribute a large part of that to spaghetti coding and the fact that they transferred the primary initial dev team to the console development as the lighting patch hit, causing a brain drain while also making it hard to detect the failure point back through the coding to a spot where it could be fixed without breaking a ton of other things.
    Options
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Let's see what happens when IC is separated. Perhaps this will be the fix we have been looking for.

Options
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It would be glorious.

[sarcasm]I don;t know why everyone scapegoats the Lighting Patch. ZOS told us the sudden and precipitous performance drop was because at that very same time everyone unlocked all their class passives, which added a bunch of calculations to the server that hadn;t been there the night before they did the update. Because we all have the same schedules and leveled at the same pace. And none of us reset our routers.[/sarcasm]
    Options
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It would be glorious.

[sarcasm]I don;t know why everyone scapegoats the Lighting Patch. ZOS told us the sudden and precipitous performance drop was because at that very same time everyone unlocked all their class passives, which added a bunch of calculations to the server that hadn;t been there the night before they did the update. Because we all have the same schedules and leveled at the same pace. And none of us reset our routers.[/sarcasm]

inorite?

It couldn't have been the performance that would deteriorate rapidly every 4-5 minutes until you were at .5 FPS unless you restarted your client, causing client restarts to be needed upwards of 10+ times an hour.

It couldn't have been that they made it so that the requisite command for the GFX card to dump its memory was no longer being sent, which was one of the key components to the total failure of the game to maintain a reasonable FPS.

It also couldn't have been the cobbled together patch that came in at 2 AM over two weeks after the patch dropped. A patch built by people who were NOT the original team that wrote the codebase of the game. They were the ones who wrote the lighting patch, their first patch they had written for a game they'd just taken over as a live service while the original client developers went over to work on console development, causing a brain drain of people who actually knew how the client work, and instead lead to spaghetti coding they didn't know how to fix.

It couldn't have been the complete inability to acknowledge that they needed to revert the patch, not try to throw spackle on it. Revert it, rewrite the patch, and redeploy was the correct decision. Even if users had to reinstall to an older version of the game, it would have been stable and given them PLENTY of time to redo the lighting patch in a responsible manner, maybe even asking some of the original devs to throw some programming time their way to help.

It couldn't have been their egos preventing this from being addressed properly that could've fixed this whole thing and instead lead to a legacy of ignored and bitter PVP players and shoddy PVP server performance.

Couldn't have been any of that.
    Options
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes there was a huge performance problem with that patch in 2014... The game was unplayable in 2015 etc... The game isn't like that now though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxskXIbsQH0

This is what the game used to be like, and it doesn't look like this anymore... it has improved a lot and that is despite the fact that the player base has greatly improved, max cp, unlimited sustain and proc sets.

Blackwater Blade had zero lag with lock pop. Console launch had 0 lag with lock pop while PC was still lagging, after a few months console ended up degrading to the same state as PC though. The variable in all this is the players themselves and how much stress they put on the servers as they get better at the game or have better character stats.

Don't get me wrong, lag is still bad, but I don't understand why people still carry on about a patch from 5 years ago when a lot of changes have been made since then.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
    Options
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes there was a huge performance problem with that patch in 2014... The game was unplayable in 2015 etc... The game isn't like that now though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxskXIbsQH0

This is what the game used to be like, and it doesn't look like this anymore... it has improved a lot and that is despite the fact that the player base has greatly improved, max cp, unlimited sustain and proc sets.

Blackwater Blade had zero lag with lock pop. Console launch had 0 lag with lock pop while PC was still lagging, after a few months console ended up degrading to the same state as PC though. The variable in all this is the players themselves and how much stress they put on the servers as they get better at the game or have better character stats.

Don't get me wrong, lag is still bad, but I don't understand why people still carry on about a patch from 5 years ago when a lot of changes have been made since then.

Because the performance in ESO now is at an all time low. You think the current lag/performance issues Cyrodiil currently has is better by "not looking like that anymore"? I would beg to differ, I think it would look worse or the exact same if we had the same lag causing variables, which we don't. Firstly, there's 1/10 if not less of the amount of hardcore pvp guilds that are also called ball grps still playing ESO. These were the guilds/groups that impacted the server's performance the most, but wasn't their fault since they were playing the game as intended.

Secondly, the population caps per campaign have been ninja nerfed/reduced secretly at least 4 or 5 times to the point it's a fraction of the 1800 total, 600 per faction, that it was at launch and still was during the previously referenced patch. Lastly, the overall pvp population is significantly lower meaning even the "main campaign" spends less time with 3 locked factions than previously in ESO's history post-launch. ESO's pvp hasn't gotten better, improved, been refined, polished, etc. since launch other than the occasional and admittedly pathetic only yearly attempt at balancing.
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
    Options
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AD only seems strong because of the lemming like blob of aoe disaster. We all know who I am taking about. I could same the same about the similar ep wall runners. DC needs a blob of AOE disaster to counter that mess.

PC NA Vivec

:D
    Edited by Dojohoda on May 6, 2019 9:32PM
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
    Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This isn't the worst AvA performance has been. Disconnects when approaching a big fight are more common now, but anyone who says this is the worst it's ever been don't have a clear recollection of the past.

The gameplay in the video Stalker posted was normal during that period. The saving grace then was that players melted quickly as the TTK was very low -- I am guessing the video was 1.6 or 2.0 (which was immediately after 1.6). 1.2-1.5 were awful too. When I researched forum posts from 2014 recently, I found a steady progression in complaints about server lag as players leveled, so I think the ZOS explanation for performance issues is credible. It's not like it exonerates them in any way.

After the 1.6-2.0 period, we had some AvA performance improvements when we came out of the sewers in 2.1, but those gains were quickly erased by the massive CN stacks. Because of the gameplay design, better server performance has generally meant larger stacks of players. Performance in 2.2 then was worse than it normally is today.

Server performance took a nose dive in 2.3 which was a very buggy update. Not coincidentally, 2.3 introduced new popular PVP proc sets like Transmutation, Vicious Death, etc.. I did solo bombs before and after VD was introduced and the server lag caused by a single solo vd bomb during prime time was easily discernible. Keep in mind that Brian Wheeler has noted that calculations added by proc sets and passives contribute to server performance issues.

After 2.3, I felt performance gradually improved until it peaked with 3.0. 3.0 was the best performing recent patch I can recall. I don't think it was coincidence that it followed a major performance test by ZOS in 2.7.

Unfortunately, I have found AvA performance has deteriorated each patch since. I think that's because ZOS continues to add processing load to its server in the form of proc sets and passives (like psijic passives in 4.0) and because players and builds constantly improve -- the same number of players will create more server load just by playing better, being more survivable, having better resource recovery, etc.. pretty much everyone notes so called "c-word" tank builds are more common than ever.

Except for the first couple of months after launch, AvA has always had severe performance issues. It just feels like it's the worst ever when you're currently experiencing it IMO.
    Edited by zyk on May 7, 2019 6:26AM
    Options
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To be honest, since Summerset got released, the worst has not been the server or client performances, the quality of life, the rewards system or the lack of new content. The biggest issue has been the lack of communication from Zenimax through all the platforms (Forums, Live streams and Reddit) addressing Cyrodiil performances.

Since Summerset got released (more than half a year ago), I have counted only one post in the Alliance War section addressing something different than TOS violations and twice the devs discussed potential upcoming fixes to help pvp performances in the next 8months during very recent live streams introducing Elsweyr.

This is a huge proof of how disconnected and how disrespectful some people are at Zenimax ignoring hundred and hundred of threads and comments of people who really care about the game and who spend their free time to build bibles of new ideas or fill bug reports that stay unfixed for years ahead.
    Edited by frozywozy on May 7, 2019 9:07AM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
    Options
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Conceptually, having resources in Cyrodiil is a good idea. Having them be extra rich would in fact help with Cyrodiil participation and player numbers. Back in DAOC they even had raid bosses and rich farm spots in the frontiers precisely to entice people to stay in them for long periods of time. And they do participate in the function of getting players to spread out.

Every player in Cropsford, Cheydinhal, a delve, searching for rubedite nodes, ganking a resource, crafting in the south gate, etc is one less player stacked on top of each other in a giant zergball.

I do wish the server did a better job handling everything. That is still a primary failing of ZOS's, is never understanding how to fix it. I attribute a large part of that to spaghetti coding and the fact that they transferred the primary initial dev team to the console development as the lighting patch hit, causing a brain drain while also making it hard to detect the failure point back through the coding to a spot where it could be fixed without breaking a ton of other things.

to be fair to DAOC and the MMO's of that time, open world pvp was just the norm, that's how almost every mmo was.

that kind of design just does not work in this day and age, people have way more options and trying to "entice" pve'rs into pvp with pve rewards only to get fed on by vet pvp'rs just leads to bad blood.

that's why there are pretty much only two spectrums of games these days. the pve game, and the pvp game. and to be fair I do think that's the way to go, when you laser focus you get a better game, compare something like the pve of borderlands, and the pvp of apex, with something like destiny that tries to balance both. and then look at the communication with the developers. when you have a singular focus in your game the back and forth is more clear and easy to fix, compared to something like destiny that has two groups of players and the devs, you end up with bickering between the players and the devs not knowing what to do, and someone ending up mad.

"no more pvp nerfs in pve!"

"no more forced pve"

"when does x group get content"

"**** pvp greifers"

"balance things separately"

etc. I mean look no further then the pvp section of the event, or how bad IC was received by the majority of players. (though to be fair they launched it first after a content draught and orsinium like right after. they should have launched orsinium first then the pvp content)
    Edited by Wing on May 9, 2019 8:30AM
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
    Options
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahtu wrote: »
    AD only won that campaign because siege damage was through the roof and they use the most defensive siege of all the factions.

Really? I’ve read for the past 3 or so years DC and EP have been dominant and had 2 or 3 times the numbers. There are more AD these days but it’s a recent development - this is no-CP 30 day PC NA.

I’m pretty sure this is where all the recent faction stacking complaints have come from. EP and DC aren’t used to fighting large enough numbers of AD to pose a challenge.

Let’s face it, the same people complaining about faction stacking are the ones who chose EP and DC to play on the most populated team.

Right so because DC and EP don´t bring their whole faction to AD keeps. IA and AotP are just small man groups.

IA is a bad group. Like it can be wiped in two seconds.

As is AotP. To keep this civil I find it really nice that AD feels stronger at the moment. Many of the more orginal AD guilds have been on hiatus but luckily the new players been able to hold their best to keep AD competitive. There will be much to see when Elsweyr will be live. I think many veteran players will be back.
    Ahtu wrote: »
    AD only won that campaign because siege damage was through the roof and they use the most defensive siege of all the factions.

Right so because DC and EP don´t bring their whole faction to AD keeps. IA and AotP are just small man groups.

IA is a bad group. Like it can be wiped in two seconds.

As is AotP. To keep this civil I find it really nice that AD feels stronger at the moment. Many of the more orginal AD guilds have been on hiatus but luckily the new players been able to hold their best to keep AD competitive. There will be much to see when Elsweyr will be live. I think many veteran players will be back.

Our group of 10 wiped 2 AoTP raids yesterday near bleaks multiple times.
    Options
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Strength of each faction depends on the raid times of each guild. As much as the small scale pvpers like to talk like they’re the foundation of ESO pvp, it isn’t until the larger guilds log on that objectives get pushed.

A lot of DC and EP also chose that faction because they’re more numerous. The larger AD guilds are fighting numerous smaller guilds at once, so are still usually outnumbered.
    Edited by Iskiab on May 9, 2019 8:03PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
    Options
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    A walk down memory line...

thinking back i cant but not think of all the vampire dk batswarm, ground firepot farmers...

That said, for us that was here at the start, AD was completly dominant in the first months of ESO, to the point that alot of AD guilds moved to the other factions

Aurora NIghtrose, a healer that work in ways no one seems to understands
    Options
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strength of each faction depends on the raid times of each guild. As much as the small scale pvpers like to talk like they’re the foundation of ESO pvp, it isn’t until the larger guilds log on that objectives get pushed.

A lot of DC and EP also chose that faction because they’re more numerous. The larger AD guilds are fighting numerous smaller guilds at once, so are still usually outnumbered.

and most small scale consists of farming noobs at resources, trying to flip an outpost on the opposite side of the map, or generally trying to sit between the opposing two factions and try to feed of people actually trying to engage in the alliance war.

small scale contribute nothing in in cyro, but boy are they loud on the forums.

Edited by Wing on May 11, 2019 11:16PM
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

DK one trick
    Options
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

and most small scale consists of farming noobs at resources, trying to flip an outpost on the opposite side of the map, or generally trying to sit between the opposing two factions and try to feed of people actually trying to engage in the alliance war.

They contribute heaps. When a small scale group attracts the attention of 40 pugs, that's 40 pugs not defending a keep for the Faction Loyal RPers to go PVDoor.
    Options
  • bmesi
    bmesi
    ✭✭✭
    Kush and PM LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
    Options
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »

They contribute heaps. When a small scale group attracts the attention of 40 pugs, that's 40 pugs not defending a keep for the Faction Loyal RPers to go PVDoor.

yes their masters of hopping around, running away, and setting up camps, we know.
    Edited by Wing on May 12, 2019 6:48AM
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

DK one trick
    Options