Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

AD seems really strong right now.

Knowledge
Knowledge
✭✭✭✭✭
If this is anything to go by for the upcoming faction locks I think AD will be very dominant.
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't wait!
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Out of curiosity, what platform and region do you mean?
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Really? I’ve read for the past 3 or so years DC and EP have been dominant and had 2 or 3 times the numbers. There are more AD these days but it’s a recent development - this is no-CP 30 day PC NA.

I’m pretty sure this is where all the recent faction stacking complaints have come from. EP and DC aren’t used to fighting large enough numbers of AD to pose a challenge.

Let’s face it, the same people complaining about faction stacking are the ones who chose EP and DC to play on the most populated team.
    Edited by Iskiab on April 23, 2019 3:03AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its all pretty much the same.
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    wow where do you get that info? AD is by FAR in last place in PvP.
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Really? I’ve read for the past 3 or so years DC and EP have been dominant and had 2 or 3 times the numbers. There are more AD these days but it’s a recent development - this is no-CP 30 day PC NA.

I’m pretty sure this is where all the recent faction stacking complaints have come from. EP and DC aren’t used to fighting large enough numbers of AD to pose a challenge.

Let’s face it, the same people complaining about faction stacking are the ones who chose EP and DC to play on the most populated team.

Right so because DC and EP don´t bring their whole faction to AD keeps. IA and AotP are just small man groups.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think OP was probably talking about Vivec (although not sure of NA or EU).
    But given that you're talking about PC NA Sotha Sil: on multiple time frames in 2018, Sotha Sil had plenty of AD, at least in prime time. In the spring, I was part of a social/PVP/etc AD guild (since gone inactive). It was not uncommon for AD to easily take the map during prime time. They also lost the campaign multiple times because there were more DC/EP as part of the morning crew and they were both incentivized to push hard on AD. In the late summer 2018 (August-October), the DC PvP group I run with currently moved from Kyne to vet, and tried to make Sotha Sil work because plenty of the group were lower CP. In that same time frame, AD would often be at pop lock, DC at 2-3 bar, EP often only at 2. We ended up not staying because the map dynamics were not particularly fun.
    If you were active in that time frame and still think that there weren't large numbers of AD, I have to question the accuracy of your perceptions. I haven't played Sotha Sil more than occasionally as a guest since then.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    From what I’ve seen it depends on the day. When Fengrush is on blue is usually pop locked. Yellow’s sometimes pop locked, but usually only during events. Yellow’s densest population seems to be about 9pm EST when both homicide and war bunnies are on.

Sometimes red has a large presence with warpath and animosity playing, sometimes not.

I’d say for total population it’s blue > red > yellow but it’s hard to tell. I play with homicide so we average 30 players or so, but are also typically fighting multiple guilds so usually outnumbered.

From what I’ve gathered red always wins the campaign. The red Aussies take the entire map overnight making them unbeatable. Tbh I don’t pay attention to score, only my guild’s performance while I’m playing. The final campaign score is irrelevant to me.
    Edited by Iskiab on April 24, 2019 12:09AM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if PC NA I noticed a lot of good EP switched to AD and DC to get away from AotP

the EP zerg so bad it makes EP players go to other factions. . .

but yeah AD has been doing a lot better recently, zone chat is prolly the best out of all three factions too. couple regulars just having fun. Drak, Pickle, Albel, Domina, etc.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this a joke? AD is losing in Vivec right now they are the weakest faction by far. Also, they have the most disadvantageous map layout of all three factions.

I can't even remember when they won a campaign in the last six months.
    Edited by Ahtu on April 24, 2019 2:53AM
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    if PC NA I noticed a lot of good EP switched to AD and DC to get away from AotP

the EP zerg so bad it makes EP players go to other factions. . .

but yeah AD has been doing a lot better recently, zone chat is prolly the best out of all three factions too. couple regulars just having fun. Drak, Pickle, Albel, Domina, etc.

I'm thinking about it. there is a certain EP player who keeps destroying my damn bridge!!!
    Invictus
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahtu wrote: »
    Is this a joke? AD is losing in Vivec right now they are the weakest faction by far. Also, they have the most disadvantageous map layout of all three factions.

They won Vivec PC NA the campaign before last. Still whined, but won.

There certainly are plenty of numbers all around lately
    Edited by technohic on April 24, 2019 3:05AM
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PC NA Vivec (3/13/2019) was the last AD win

after that they have been really strong but purple has been equally good about beating them back to avoid another AD win. in fact recently vivec has been hyper competitive in points and lead changes up until the very end of the campaigns.

the campaign right after AD won had as little as 100 points between first and last place with only a couple days before it ended (iirc it was something like everyone was 53k and change

but yes they still have the worst map layout. I think it was funny that AD said as much for years and EP and DC just downplayed it and called it lies, then ZOS added in the new outposts and towns to help balance PvP and confirm the fact that AD had the worst map layout.

but the bridges on the right side of AD still grant equal opportunity to both AD and EP as far as offense / defense capability, as opposed to the mile gates afforded to DC and EP the clearly and by design favor them.

so EP still has the best layout just not by as much, but DC has the advantage of its northern cluster (bruma, drake, winters peak) are the tightest grouped making reaction super fast, and also have the shortest travel time between most distant outpost (winters peak) and an opposing home keep (kingscrest)

though those are just tiny pro's con's compared to the still crap bridges AD is stuck with.
    Edited by Wing on April 24, 2019 3:18AM
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    AD only won that campaign because siege damage was through the roof and they use the most defensive siege of all the factions.
    Edited by Ahtu on April 24, 2019 4:08AM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD only won that campaign because siege damage was through the roof and they use the most defensive siege of all the factions.

That was 1 week out of 30 days and I seem to recall scores not being as wide that week.

At any rate; yet another example of why siege being strong is good, and not better for zergs just based on who's complaining
  • LoveForElderScrolls

Right so because DC and EP don´t bring their whole faction to AD keeps. IA and AotP are just small man groups.

IA is a bad group. Like it can be wiped in two seconds.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Be nice people! I respect all guilds for playing and organizing raids and doing objectives. Guilds strength go up and down depending on how many new players you have, and I respect guilds more for taking new players under their wing while they’re learning rather than trying to be ultra elite.

You know I was thinking and there are more AD these days. Before we’d have a large guild in front of us, group of 15 behind, several small scale groups orbiting us like satellites. The stronger population has covered our rear so we’re less likely to sidelined.

AD pop has been larger, unfortunately as long as the red aussies cap everything at night they’ll win. They pretty much decide the campaign.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Unstable.Pixel
    Unstable.Pixel
    ✭✭✭
    The legions of Iskra are rising and Winter is coming with him.
    I swear to drunk i'm not god
  • Dunning_Kruger
    Dunning_Kruger
    ✭✭✭✭
    The legions of Iskra are rising and Winter is coming with him.

Iskra is a god; marginal

For the Queen bby
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not on Xbox eu.

3 bar red most the time now. Even when DC and AD have 1 bar each
    Edited by Brrrofski on April 24, 2019 3:45PM
  • ZOS_RikardD
    ZOS_RikardD
    admin
    Greetings,

We have had to remove some comments for baiting or otherwise nonconstructive or inappropriate commentary.

Please keep in mind our Community Rules when posting and remember to keep comments constructive and civil.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As is AotP. To keep this civil I find it really nice that AD feels stronger at the moment. Many of the more orginal AD guilds have been on hiatus but luckily the new players been able to hold their best to keep AD competitive. There will be much to see when Elsweyr will be live. I think many veteran players will be back.
    The blizzard is my home,
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

As is AotP. To keep this civil I find it really nice that AD feels stronger at the moment. Many of the more orginal AD guilds have been on hiatus but luckily the new players been able to hold their best to keep AD competitive. There will be much to see when Elsweyr will be live. I think many veteran players will be back.

Nice, I’ve heard Havoc used to play AD but I didn’t play with them. Hopefully some of the original players come back so I’ll know some people... hopefully you meant them by veterans coming back.

I’ve heard Ruin is around, I don’t know if it’s the same one but Ruin was the name of Havoc’s feeder guild. It went spam invite to ruination -> promoted to Ruin -> promoted to Havoc.
    Edited by Iskiab on April 24, 2019 6:18PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice, I’ve heard Havoc used to play AD but I didn’t play with them. Hopefully some of the original players come back so I’ll know some people... hopefully you meant them by veterans coming back.

I’ve heard Ruin is around, I don’t know if it’s the same one but Ruin was the name of Havoc’s feeder guild. It went spam invite to ruination -> promoted to Ruin -> promoted to Havoc.

If this is the same EP Havoc NA it was formerly known as DiE. Well to be exact some players formed a new guild. We will see how many of the veterans are coming back but least there is some initiative to play the new class. I can´t say if any of the Havoc players exactly are coming back but from other guilds certainly. AD could do with some of the veterans helping the newer player base but I believe it is the same with all factions. So many guilds gone and new founded.
    The blizzard is my home,
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

If this is the same EP Havoc NA it was formerly known as DiE. Well to be exact some players formed a new guild. We will see how many of the veterans are coming back but least there is some initiative to play the new class. I can´t say if any of the Havoc players exactly are coming back but from other guilds certainly. AD could do with some of the veterans helping the newer player base but I believe it is the same with all factions. So many guilds gone and new founded.

I don’t think so, Havoc goes back to DAoC if it’s the same one. Started DAoC, drama led to a split and Condemned split off and Havoc kept going.

The same one on Avelorn (sp?) Warhammer. Too bad if it’s not the same one.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Havoc never played AD, we were DiE at the time. Long story short, AD won all the first 6 months of main campaigns and had too many people and pvp guilds. DiE went EP to fix that, half of DiE decided they wanted to go back to AD half didn't. The half that didn't split off and we formed Havoc; a strictly EP guild as we never believed in playing multiple factions.

Also Havoc never had a feeder guild, Ruin is the ESO branch of Ruin Gaming the several thousand man gaming community.

Havoc hasn't been around in ESO for over 3 years, it's Haxus the merger of Nexus and Havoc that is still around. We don't take this game all that serious, so it's mostly some being back for the expansion and new class.

@IxSTALKERxI
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alomar wrote: »

Havoc never played AD, we were DiE at the time. Long story short, AD won all the first 6 months of main campaigns and had too many people and pvp guilds. DiE went EP to fix that, half of DiE decided they wanted to go back to AD half didn't. The half that didn't split off and we formed Havoc; a strictly EP guild as we never believed in playing multiple factions.

Also Havoc never had a feeder guild, Ruin is the ESO branch of Ruin Gaming the several thousand man gaming community.

Havoc hasn't been around in ESO for over 3 years, it's Haxus the merger of Nexus and Havoc that is still around. We don't take this game all that serious, so it's mostly some being back for the expansion and new class.

@IxSTALKERxI

Is it the same guild from WAR? PKU, Tank, etc... I’m bad with names, I might have the wrong name for the feeder guild.

<- Alair from Warhammer, Archmage

I stopped playing MMOs after Warhammer. The only person I’ve seen is PKU who played Rift.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    AD slaying poor EP. https://youtu.be/Hk8mUqr7D1w
  • ServerusEcru
    ServerusEcru
    ✭✭✭
    Knowledge wrote: »
    If this is anything to go by for the upcoming faction locks I think AD will be very dominant.

I have been a member of the Daggerfall Covenant since the Wabbajack days. It was a fun time then as we were the underdogs coming in; The Ebonheart Pact being the strongest with a higher population; due to the Skyrim fan boys and then there was the Aldmeri Dominion; the ones who were considered the dev’s Faction. Creators like TheShoddyCast also streamed back then and were legendary followers of the Queen.

People fail to realize the lore that has developed over the last 5 years between three rival factions and I admit AD has come a long way; from being that bottom Faction, to now a respected force in Cyrodill. The Knights of Ni originally came from my heart (the DC side) and have now been considered the saviors of the Dominion. Instead of criticizing them, I commend them as a respected opponent. My guild OTC has been battling them for months and they have been a thorn in our side. Unfortunately because DC is still strong mentally, EP has exploited this and will often hit Ales to provide an opportunity for AD to hit Ash and we find ourselves defending from the north and south. I miss the old days of Kush and Pact Militia, prime EP guilds that no longer run; indeed OTC has had some good battles with them. But yes, despite what the lead shows now, AD is still the faction to beat...

Perhaps this is what the devs have envisioned all along.

Eiherway, it has been a good war and I look forward to seeing my opponents in the battlefield. For The Covenant!!!

-Serverus
    Edited by ServerusEcru on April 26, 2019 2:22AM
    "Train your opponent to make the wrong response." — The Book of Circles, By Loredas Maxims
    NA/PC/ Order of the Candle