Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase – May 2019"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
f2d5d08d0fcbe6a1b5ed0ab020be88d5.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for the "Crown Store Showcase – May 2019" blog article.

There’s a look for every occasion in the Crown Store during the month of May. Check out a huge selection of new costumes, styles, and more in this month’s Crown Store Showcase!
Staff Post
  • MrSaxon
    MrSaxon
    ✭✭✭
    That Ancient Sites Explorer costume will go nicely with the camel mount that's amongst this month's Daily Rewards.
    Edited by MrSaxon on May 1, 2019 1:46PM
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow! Female Altmer dresses!

Only took them just under a year since Summerset was released. B)
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did the final price for skyshard unlocks ever get announced?
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • DiNanna63
    DiNanna63
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for finally adding the female Altmer dresses!!
  • Phaedrathallassa
    Phaedrathallassa
    ✭✭✭
    SpAEkus wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    The following items will be retired from the Crown Store on all platforms on May 20 at 10am EDT.

Upgrades (Account)

Adventure Pack

What pack is that? Is that AdventureR Any Race - Any Alliance ?

Are the Alliance Races being locked back down?

Any Race, Any Alliance Bundle

Unlocks the ability to create characters of any Alliance regardless of race. Represent your Alliance with a Mount, Pet, Costume, and Hat!

Also contains a Race & Name Change Token, 3 Experience Scrolls, and a collection of Treasure Maps.

The Any Race, Any Alliance Bundle will be available in the Crown Store on all platforms starting on May 20.
    Edited by Phaedrathallassa on May 1, 2019 2:02PM
  • yooqi
    yooqi
    ✭✭✭
    Finally.... Summerset dresses!!! Does that mean we'll need to wait another year before the Elsewyr costumes though :|

I like most of the selection this month: new hair, lots of costumes, new personality... not bad at all. And more importantly, no gem exclusives!
    Edited by yooqi on May 1, 2019 2:07PM
    Gwen Benele - Breton Templar
    PC NA
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Alinor dresses, a bunch of beautiful new outfits, a new personality...

My wallet feels so attacked right now.
  • Darkenarlol
    Darkenarlol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    damn it is AWESOME!

best showcase 2019 so far

IMO best showcase for at least a year

thanks for great work !!

*throwing money into monitor* :D
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No ESO+ deals? :(
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow, lots of stuff there. And a lot of it is pretty nice. It's good to finally see those Altmer dresses become available.

With the removal of the Adventurer Pack, does that mean the only way to get Any Race, Any Alliance is the new and presumably more expensive bundle?
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of costumes, are these the ones you forgot in the latest crown season? >:)
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yooqi wrote: »
    And more importantly, no gem exclusives!

My assumption is that some of that stuff requires Gems. Just because they don't call it out does not mean there won't be Gem stuff in that list.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, good thing I took advantage of last month's sale after all. After several mostly dry months, we get a flood of new costumes and stuff this month.

One question though, why is the basic senche model a limited time offer?
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Vehlir
    Vehlir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very interested in the Torch personality. Holding a torch constantly while walking/running is definitely tempting, but if you can hold your torch while riding your mount, I think that's a definite buy for me.

Staff user here, but Sinweaver looks really cool!

Also ZoS you continue to tease me with these images of Vivec City interiors in the showcase and it makes my heart jump!

PLEASE make a bigger Vivec City home one day! Anything bigger then that closet that is the St. Delyn Penthouse :D
    Edited by Vehlir on May 1, 2019 3:36PM
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Lioness was already in store long time ago, it was available instead of Lion as basic senche mount long time ago :) It was then "retired" and put into Reaper's Harvest crown crate season. This month new players will simply have an opportunity to buy this mount outside of crates for a limited time. After it, they will have to wait for return of that crate season if they want this mount.
    Holding a torch constantly while walking/running is definitely tempting, but if you can hold your torch while riding your mount

It would be truly unique personality, cause no personality to this date could alter the way you ride a mount <3 I'm also waiting to preview it, together the new hair style and the Nightflame weapon pack. Can't know for sure...
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Removal of the Adventure Pack form the crown store.
    Replaced with "Any Race, Any Alliance Bundle" so its gonna cost more as it has more junk stuff in it.

Edited by majulook on May 1, 2019 4:01PM
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »

Lioness was already in store long time ago, it was available instead of Lion as basic senche mount long time ago :) It was then "retired" and put into Reaper's Harvest crown crate season. This month new players will simply have an opportunity to buy this mount outside of crates for a limited time. After it, they will have to wait for return of that crate season if they want this mount.
    Holding a torch constantly while walking/running is definitely tempting, but if you can hold your torch while riding your mount

It would be truly unique personality, cause no personality to this date could alter the way you ride a mount <3 I'm also waiting to preview it, together the new hair style and the Nightflame weapon pack. Can't know for sure...

I expect that this personality will be quite expensive.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »

I know it's been in the store before, but it's not a recolor and doesn't come with special effects or glow. The six base models are something I think should be in the store year round. It's kind of funny to treat a plain model like a braided sparkle horse.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My assumption is that some of that stuff requires Gems. Just because they don't call it out does not mean there won't be Gem stuff in that list.

@lordrichter

Don't they always call out the stuff that's gem exclusive in its own section?
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Ashfen
    Ashfen
    ✭✭✭✭
    When i see a hairstyle in the Crown Store
    takemymoney.jpg
  • yooqi
    yooqi
    ✭✭✭

They've always highlighted gem exclusives. I don't think they have a reason to suddenly hide it.
    Recremen wrote: »

@lordrichter

Yeah, they do. So I wouldn't be that pessimistic about it :D
    Gwen Benele - Breton Templar
    PC NA
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glad to see the Altmer dresses! My female Altmer is going to look so lovely tomorrow! Plus, all three at once, rather than doling them out is appreciated after such a long wait.

I also like the other costumes on offer, though I'm surprised to see yet more female Redguard costumes. With these 2, that makes 6 so far. Meanwhile, female Khajiit still have no costumes, and female Nords are missing their basic, 500 crown version. Ah well...at least these are all regular items and not limited time offers.

Speaking of the limited-time costumes though - I'll be picking up the tavern maid for sure, and possibly the ancient sites explorer, depending on price.

Plus - a new hairstyle! We'll see how it looks, but I may pick that up as well. Depending on the price of the personality, and how it works, I might get that also. I'm glad a lot of the stuff I want is NOT limited-time, so I can wait on some things and not have to buy it all this month. Kudos to ZOS for finally giving us a showcase with better balance between regular and limited-time offers.

And...Frostvault Chasm! I'm guessing they've left this as a medium home, and if so, I'm hoping it won't cost more than that gimmick snow globe did. If so, I'll probably pick this one up. Only CS limited home since Tel Galen that I'll have purchased.

Thankfully, I did take advantage of the Crowns sale. On XB, I still get my crowns on a monthly basis, even though I've paid for a year sub.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »

@lordrichter

Yeah, but they might not have done it this time. Not to hide it, but just didn't do it. Maybe the Gem list was not available yet. If they don't have Showcase stuff for people to buy with Gems, that would be quite a change. A whole month with no Showcase Gems stuff?
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some good stuff
  • Andre_Noir
    Andre_Noir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Such a greed is the Alliance Bundle
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    With the removal of the Adventurer Pack, does that mean the only way to get Any Race, Any Alliance is the new and presumably more expensive bundle?

99% yes. ZOS is too greedy

• Jenzi
    Jenzi
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll be getting Ancient Sites Explorer costume and the Treasure Hunter personality, everything else is kinda meh.
  • Darkhorse1975
    Darkhorse1975
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of great stuff this month!

There is a story in this showcase screenshot...

d6bf32f6ce5a9fb5310f18dba3bb83d6.jpg
    Master Craftsman!
  • Kegluneq
    Kegluneq
    ✭✭
    FINALLY THE NIGHTFLAME SET COMES! I've been waiting for that since they announced the outfit styles. I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the shoulder piece. Gonna go delving nonstop and save my keys :smiley:
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CROWN PRICE to purchase zone Skyshard unlocks?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CROWN PRICE to purchase zone Skyshard unlocks?

If you have to ask, you can't afford it. :smile:

Seriously, though, they have not announced the price, yet. Likely, we will have to wait until it is on the Live server.