Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Food change is unnecessary and pointless

• MaximusDecimus
    MaximusDecimus
    ✭✭✭
    I agree this change needs to be reverted. It's an unnecessary nerf to food when we're still not going to anything else. I agree with what someone said above that they seem to have forgotten what GOLD means.

Blue Food:
    Rough Sustain. Big Stat Pool. Cheap.

Purple Food:
    Better Sustain. Lower Stat Pool. Sacrifice dmg for sustain. Costs a little.

Gold Food:
    Better sustain. Better Stat Pool. Best of both worlds. BUT...BUT...expensive AF.

It's exactly how it should be setup. So why nerf something nobody complains about? I'd like to hear the real reason behind this nerf please and thank you.
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you serious? Oh no, just no
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. These food changes are bad. I largely agree with a lot of the PTS. Or at least I will say, I understand the purpose of what they are doing as it seems for the first time, they have a cohesive vision for how skills should generally behave, which will hopefully lead to the ability for better and easier balancing in the future. In other words, they are standardizing the development toolkit. That part I get.

That said. All this is going to do is push people towards Bretons and bi stat in PVE and back towards tri stat in pve. Especially with the gold food, the price to craft just wont be justified.

Now if you just wanted to nerf the purple food a smidge, so there was more of a benefit to using gold food, I could wrap my head around that.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remember to use the feedback tool on the PTS
  • mcagatayg
    mcagatayg
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree, the changes are unnecessary, and if they're doing it because Necromancer has a 2k health passive, then reduce their health passive down to 1k or something and allow people to still have their food buffs. It's quite a ridiculous change.

Not to mention, gold food is rarer, and should be stronger.

What about other classes though? I saw on pts necros definitely have more hp as a dd due to passives aswell. But this is not the solution to it. I assume they have high hp due to their skills, like sacrificing their own hp and so
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    mcagatayg wrote: »
    I agree, the changes are unnecessary, and if they're doing it because Necromancer has a 2k health passive, then reduce their health passive down to 1k or something and allow people to still have their food buffs. It's quite a ridiculous change.

Not to mention, gold food is rarer, and should be stronger.

What about other classes though? I saw on pts necros definitely have more hp as a dd due to passives aswell. But this is not the solution to it. I assume they have high hp due to their skills, like sacrificing their own hp and so

What about the other classes? I'm not saying anything about them, I'm saying I really hope they didn't modify food to accommodate Necromancer health passive. They have one skill that takes 1.8k HP and you can instantly heal from it, it's really nothing lol
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's only a loss of about ~200 health and ~200 magicka/stamina.

You say this, could you show us some evidence to show you are correct?
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They said 12% and 15% respectively. This makes sense in stamina department (since orc and dunmer were over-dpsing sustain races), but in magicka this will give additional edge to breton?

This is from my game (unless it's bugged):

PTS:

KrRIKoi.jpg

Live:

TClrJPz.jpg
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on April 16, 2019 10:55AM
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

They said 12% and 15% respectively. This makes sense in stamina department (since orc and dunmer were over-dpsing sustain races), but in magicka this will give additional edge to breton?

PTS:

KrRIKoi.jpg

Live:

TClrJPz.jpg

Thank you.
  • mcagatayg
    mcagatayg
    ✭✭✭✭

Nerf them instead of food everyone uses? lol
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PTS:

KrRIKoi.jpg

Live:

TClrJPz.jpg

unless my math is wrong that is only a 4.4% decrease in hp and a 5.6% decrease of magicka. Better yet, a 11.9% inc
    crease
    in sustain.
  • prototypefb
    prototypefb
    ✭✭✭✭
    instead of nerfing camoran,witchmothers, boost other options to be more appealing!
    nerf should be last option, buff should come 1st.
    same with skills, there are ton of garbage/very situational skills that could be boosted, instead of this barrage of skill nerfs.
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Should have been an increase of 200, not a decrease.

It is actually a bit to low as it is.

• Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    In the current racial situation, damage races+sustain food was ultimately superior to sustain race+bi-stat food in terms of stat density it provided. That is why this change was done.
    Edited by Masel on April 16, 2019 12:17PM
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • mcagatayg
    mcagatayg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Masel wrote: »
    In the current racial situation, damage races+sustain food was ultimately superior to sustain race+bi-stat food in terms of stat density it provided. That is why this change was done.

Wouldnt balancing those races accordingly instead of nerfing food be better? Because for example I play a redguard and still use sustain food because i like it, but after these changes im pigeonholed into blue food because lack of hp. Changing enchants etc. would make me lose even more dps and forces my race choice to be worse than it is anyway.
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So they screwed up with race changes. Now adjust other things to compensate?

Poppycock.

• Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    “Damage races” should not be balanced with “sustain races” via food choice. That makes the concept of quality level meaningless. Damage races with purple food or gold should not be equivalent to sustain races with blue food because purple or gold food should be better. It costs way more. Gold food is crazy expensive. You are not balanced if you are paying way more for your food to do what someone else can do with blue food. And for sustain races, the trade off of lower stats for the additional sustain of purple or gold food (and the additional sustain is great in real world content like vma, it’s not all about dummy parses) is already questionable. Making blue food objectively better is not a good thing for the game.
    Edited by Pevey on April 16, 2019 5:01PM
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No need to change these foods at all. Makes no sense to nerf them. Please do NOT go through with the food changes.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mcagatayg wrote: »

Wouldnt balancing those races accordingly instead of nerfing food be better? Because for example I play a redguard and still use sustain food because i like it, but after these changes im pigeonholed into blue food because lack of hp. Changing enchants etc. would make me lose even more dps and forces my race choice to be worse than it is anyway.

You may still play as redguard with sustain food. It's simply wouldn't be OP anymore. Gold though is still best for PVP if you sum bonuses in comparison to blue food. And I too use dubious and witchbrew on all classes no matter sustain race or not. Because it simply better in real conditions.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is that really a bad thing? I dont see an issue with high elf running gold food being a smidgen ahead of a breton using Bi-stat food. The breton is going to have bigger health, bigger shields, more magic to deal with auxiliary issues that arise, etc. In other words, the glassier build does a bit more DPS currently (and also costs more to run). Makes sense to me.

Now granted, these changes really arent all that drastic, I just frankly dont see the point.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on April 16, 2019 8:26PM
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »

PTS:

KrRIKoi.jpg

Live:

TClrJPz.jpg

unless my math is wrong that is only a 4.4% decrease in hp and a 5.6% decrease of magicka. Better yet, a 11.9% inc
    crease
    in sustain.

What level was your character on PTS?
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good to know who's behind this.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Dashmatt
    Dashmatt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Artaeum Broth is crazy expensive to make. Five Powdered Mother of Pearl. If you must nerf it (probably shouldn’t) please nerf the cost as well.
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Weird, it's almost like the stat density advantage went with the people who used exponentially more expensive ingredients.

WEIRD
    Edited by WreckfulAbandon on April 17, 2019 12:48AM
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »

PTS:

KrRIKoi.jpg

Live:

TClrJPz.jpg

crease
    in sustain.

Yeah since this is the status of foods, what's the status of the purple ones? I haven't checked quite yet.
    Edited by DisgracefulMind on April 17, 2019 1:25AM
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just remove the gold food, they may as well. Who would ever use it now? This change is pointless and confusing TBH.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • JHartEllis
    JHartEllis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weird thing is that currently on PTS, the recoveries are increased, which makes them overall about the same stats-wise just adding up the values.

Regardless, I think food has way too much impact. Comparing to sets like Plague Doctor, Beekeeper, and Crafty Alfiq, good food is roughly equivalent to four 5-piece set bonuses, which is a crazy huge chunk of easy stats. I'd like to see food effectiveness cut by 1/3 or 1/2 and have a bunch of gear or skills buffed to compensate. It would help a ton with making build choices more meaningful.
    Guild leader of Spicy Economics and Spicy Life on PC/NA
    ESO Stream Team Partner on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/jhartellis
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/JHartEllis
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/JHartEllis
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Weird, it's almost like the stat density advantage went with the people who used exponentially more expensive ingredients.

WEIRD

Wait... you mean that the food that costs over 1k gold per single serving to make should in fact be better than food that costs 20 gold per serving? MADNESS!
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't understand why they bothered to try "balancing" races last patch when now they flush all that by nerfing food. The whole racial thing last patch was supposed to bring races more together and make them all viable. Now the only viable option is to use blue food and play Breton.
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the recovery of the food is increase but the max stat is decrease, then I am fine with this. Less health and damage but more subtain is better than less health and damage and the same substain. The whole reason of choosing the food is to get a little of everything. Since I use a race that has little of everything in stats, I want to be balance. Not to be just even more weaker than all the races that have stacked health or stacked stamina or magicka.