The Blackwood Chapter and Update 30 are now available for testing on the PTS! Read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/570427/

PC-EU Server Update - April 11

• Ode2Order
    Ode2Order
    ✭✭✭
    I appreciate that you are communicating with us and I understand the situation. I only ask you remain communicative about this kind of thing before customers come to wild conclusions on their own and irreparable damage is done in the relationship between ZOS and their playerbase. We just want to see you keeping us in the loop about what's happening. We can't know or understand what you don't tell us. <3 Thank you again for the information! May the Eight smile upon you.
  • Fluke.Slywalker
    Fluke.Slywalker
    ✭✭✭
    I fear for the Xbox EU. It's free to play often and part of the Xbox game pass.... We are doomed.

Things are pretty OK at the moment tbh, but reading this..... GULP.
  • WAMB0
    WAMB0
    ✭✭✭
    Mhhh starting January...
    Its also not denying that hardware has been downgraded....
  • Dragneel1207
    Dragneel1207
    ✭✭✭✭
    nice
    and thanks for communicating
  • MikaHR
    MikaHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need some EPYC servers...literally and metaphorically.
    Edited by MikaHR on April 11, 2019 3:49PM
  • Veles
    Veles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone,

You should only see the queue at peak times, when demand is higher than the hardware supports.

What is the problem for ZOS and BETHESDA increase the power of your server hardware?
    And someone says after it "It is the best MMO..."
    Edited by Veles on April 11, 2019 3:52PM
    one of the 276 exploiters
  • Jamdarius
    Jamdarius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gepe87 wrote: »
    Wow. If Matt replied to this then this problem is really serious!
    I hope both devs and players will overcome this :)

#ESOfam

problem was always serious, we finally get a word on it though. Not some check your updates sh*te or turn off addons, about time we get better servers quality.
    Good job for letting us know and hopefully we will get better pings, less lags and no more random disconnects!
    I believe in you guys so pls do not disappoint me.
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not wanting to be a *** about a problem situation and with all appropriate sympathy to ALL players impacted - is the queue designed to favour those who pay a monthly sub as with other games that have both subbing and free players?

Personally I'd be disappointed to be in a queue behind players who don't pay.

[edited for profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_RyanM on April 11, 2019 8:58PM
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you very much for this info - this is EXACTLY what we needed to know. Communication is a wonderful thing.

What this also tells me, is this game is thriving, which is excellent.
    "So long and thanks for all the fish."

This one has gone to pastures new.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Requesting Character Load from last 10 minutes, PC EU
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So kinda like closing the gate after the horse has bolted. You let it get this bad and enable queueing for EU, yet you are going to upgrade NA server before the influx happens. Nice to see who your priority customers are.

From what Matt stated, I think they were aware that there might be an issue starting in January (they started seeing an influx of players), but it didn't reach a drastic level until late March. They won't just knee jerk reaction to a little blip in population that could be ephemeral and throw up new servers right away. They probably decided to see if it persisted first.

Im assuming they arent going out to the local Best Buy for new server equipment. It might take them some time to get approval for new servers, get the new equipment ordered, delivered, installed, tested, the game installed and tested before adding it to the live servers.

He also stated why its a bigger problem on EU and why it happened faster on EU.
    Since they are also starting to see it on NA, they are adding capacity there as well.
    It's probably the same equipment from the same vendor(s). So its easier if they can get one approval for both at once instead of taking more time seperately, which corporate might question a duplicate request since they probably don't understand the problem.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • SgtPepperUK
    SgtPepperUK
    ✭✭✭
    SaltySudd wrote: »
    Unless there really hasn't been an influx in players and this is a tactic to convince people that ESO has a growing community in order to convince them to buy the game...

On a more serious note: It's nice seeing a post from Matt :) huzzah for communication!

Well, I'm only one person but I came back with the recent free weekend on Steam.

Played the game at launch for about five months and moved on.

A couple of weeks ago I'd just been reading about some BTS stuff about TES3 when I went on Steam and saw ESO was having a free weekend so I thought "Why not?"

Ended up rebuying the Steam version of the game along with Summerset and subbing to ESO+ for six months.

As I said, I'm just one person but I don't imagine I'm the only new or returning player after the free weekend.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really nice to see this kind of transparency, thank you.
  • alceleniel
    alceleniel
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds promising :smile:
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This post is what good communication looks like. In the future, keep this up.

Even better, communicate this before the situation gets bad enough that you spring a queue on players with an incomplete explanation. I mean, sure, players will always have questions, but this post has so much information that really deserved to be in the original announcement.

While I agree with your sentiment. Just playing devils advocate, the issue may have been something the community managers were not comfortable or familiar enough with to convey. Matt may have been busy with other things and not have been able to post this yesterday.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    This post is what good communication looks like. In the future, keep this up.

Even better, communicate this before the situation gets bad enough that you spring a queue on players with an incomplete explanation. I mean, sure, players will always have questions, but this post has so much information that really deserved to be in the original announcement.

While I agree with your sentiment. Just playing devils advocate, the issue may have been something the community managers were not comfortable or familiar enough with to convey. Matt may have been busy with other things and not have been able to post this yesterday.

Playing devils advocate to your devils advocate... if, as in your earlier post, the new equipment takes time to get agreement for, ordered, installed and tested, then Matt (or marketing) had plenty of time to have penned this post ready for him (or, well, anyone else) to hit "Post". They said the big problems started a week ago. Assuming they started at that latest possible point it should have been pretty easy to get this written up.