The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Server Login Queue Turned on for PC-EU - April 10

• rootsoflife
    rootsoflife
    Soul Shriven
    xynode wrote: »
    Recently, we’ve seen a massive influx of players to ESO especially on the PC-EU server. This influx of players has resulted in some server performance issues for our players on the PC-EU megaserver, especially during prime-time hours. As a short-term solution to address these issues, we are turning on a login queueing system for that server.

Set in place to create an optimal player experience for our ESO fans playing on the PC-EU server, this queueing system allows for a set number of players to be in the game at a time. Players waiting in the queueing system will be able to enter the game as soon as a spot opens up. (Please note that while your queue position is accurate, your estimated on-screen wait time may not reflect your actual wait time.)

We’re currently working on plans that will add more capacity for our growing PC-EU community, making it possible for many more heroes to jump in and play simultaneously without hindrance to the overall PC-EU server performance. We’ll keep everyone updated. Welcome to all our new and returning players, and thank you all for your patience.

More new players!?? How awesome is this?

So the "Dead game" is growing so fast the servers need to be given a boost to keep up? How cool is THAT!! :)

Thank you for the heads up! :)

This is Very good for the game but also the server queue is unexeptable thing for MMO game 5 years old...
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've been saying the server need improvement for so many years ....

Talk about deaf ear
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Recently, we’ve seen a massive influx of players to ESO especially on the PC-EU server. This influx of players has resulted in some server performance issues for our players on the PC-EU megaserver, especially during prime-time hours. As a short-term solution to address these issues, we are turning on a login queueing system for that server.

Set in place to create an optimal player experience for our ESO fans playing on the PC-EU server, this queueing system allows for a set number of players to be in the game at a time. Players waiting in the queueing system will be able to enter the game as soon as a spot opens up. (Please note that your estimated on-screen wait time may not reflect your actual wait time.)

We’re currently working on plans that will add more capacity for our growing PC-EU community, making it possible for many more heroes to jump in and play simultaneously without hindrance to the overall PC-EU server performance. We’ll keep everyone updated. Welcome to all our new and returning players, and thank you all for your patience.

So ZOS is pushing me back to go and play in NA!
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    perolord wrote: »
    Gnozo wrote: »
    Wow, normally i am not someone who comes up with crazy theories but i doubt that we got more players in EU.

Its more likely they keep reducing server capativities and come up with this lazy excuse...

I do not agree on this... yesterday when i logged in... i said to myself... wow, that is a lot of people online... and also, recently you can see players everywhere...

So there must be some more players in game..

well are there more players becaus emor eppl started playing the game, or are there more players cause the different instances get reduced, ergo playercount increases on existing instances?

PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From a business point of view:
    This proves that EU megaserver has more players than NA megaserver. Every player is a potential buyer. If your buyer base is bigger on EU server, shouldn't EU get more attention and weight when making important decisions and also get appropriate treatment?
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on April 11, 2019 10:02AM
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better performance= more players, few quiters and at least you save your reputation.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As a follow up, I don't think that deteriorating code base is main thing to blame for this calamity, but I also, like many others, don't believe the tales about "massive influx of players to ESO", that's just marketing embellishments. I suspect it's simply the anniversary time when everyone's in hurry to hunt for (otherwise expensive) motifs, rare materials, aetheric ciphers and other goodies from the reward boxes - so the peak load is much higher during the event as everyone's compelled to log in every day and spend more time in-game doing various kinds of dailies. There is a drawback to incentivizing people to do more daily grind.

Also, to folks mentioning the on-demand scaling - nope, I suspect ESO server is a mess that doesn't support that. Sure, a modern software system would react to a spike of load by bringing up more instances and distributing the load between them, but I don't think that five years ago anyone thought about that in advance.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is going to kill your PC/EU population. Most people don't have time to wait in a queue to play a video game.

I rarely play for more than 30 minutes a day. If I have to wait 30 minutes to play 30 minutes, that doesn't work.

I hope you are able to find a solution quickly, for the sake of the game's future.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on April 11, 2019 10:26AM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From a business point of view:
    This proves that EU megaserver has more players than NA megaserver. Every player is a potential buyer. If your buyer base is bigger on EU server, shouldn't EU get more attention and weight when making important decisions and also get appropriate treatment?

Not really. The two servers do not have to be configured identically. The EU server may be twice as large as the NA server, or it may be half the size. We have no way to know.

We don't know anything about the megaservers, aside from their locations and a picture of the EU server from 2014. We don't know if the PS4, XBox, and PC are all the same physical server with some virtual partition to keep players from seeing each other, or whether they can share and reallocated hardware between the three platform servers, or whether they three megaservers are independent.

It has been clear that they have been fiddling with the EU megaserver for a few weeks. Maybe they have been reallocating hardware between XBox, PS4, and PC to balance server capacity with demand.

They took the whole game, accounting system, and store down on the same day, at the same time, for "backend" work. Who knows whether they added hardware to the EU megaservers while they were doing that. Maybe they did, and it was not enough. These things take time to line up, and it isn't always possible to change things at the last minute. Maybe they did add hardware and under estimated what they would need. Maybe not.

We have no way to know, unless they fess up.

That is going to make it harder to clearly read any tea leaves.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is incentive to keep subbing and buying crown store crap?

If they would have spent the time to fix or upgrade the servers when people intially reported problems, would we be here now?
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh well... ok.
    Finally we will get an hardware upgrade let's hope is not just capacity but performance as well.
    Signature

• Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will bet the same people are responsible for server upgrades that have been investigating the lag in Cyrodiil for 5 years now xD .... que to the game. Speechless and big time LOL from here! Gg ZoS! :)
  • Zedrian
    Zedrian
    ✭✭✭
    EU Console servers are empty.... correlation?
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got in after what felt like at least 15 mins of that "approximately 30 seconds" message staring back at me. The lag while doing crafting writs was at least as bad if not worse than it was yesterday.

"Set in place to create an optimal player experience for our ESO fans playing on the PC-EU server"

I guess your idea of optimal is a little lower than mine. -_-

Also those are not just ESO "fans" these are Zos customers. Downplaying like that is an insult not only to the paying customers, but to the core business 101.
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's an influx of PC NA players because they saw alcast made an NA account :D
  • Fluke.Slywalker
    Fluke.Slywalker
    ✭✭✭
    @valeriiya - I love your sig!!! Haven't laughed that much in a while.

• angeleda
    angeleda
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    If you've ever wanted to start an PC-NA account, now is the time....

I tried in PC NA, and friends that live in NA who played more and me/we can confirm that NA server is dead till probably like 10-11pm EST and thats mostly vivec gets busy (during weekdays) and weekends rest of campaigns too... But no, NA is definitely empty...
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gotta upgrade those intel pentium 4 servers with 256mb ram eventually :trollface:

the influx thing is just bs, not true at all.
    those spikes you can see were from when it was "f2p weekend" on steam, but turns out alot decided not to stay with ESO for some reason. :thinking:
    https://steamcharts.com/app/306130
    It seems like the only aproach to improving performance ZOS has, is limiting how many people can play at a time, same with PvP where they already have reduced player-cap multiple times and its still laggy as ***.
    The game was bigger last year summer than it is right now and there were significantly less performance issues, but ok, keep looking for excuses.
    In fact, you should put your whole storytelling team onto making up excuses, so they seem more believable.
    Edited by ATomiX96 on April 11, 2019 11:48AM
  • LiraTaurwen
    LiraTaurwen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this will just be the last nail in the coffin for many people.

We have been complaining for months about EU server issues and nothing was done and no one from ZOS even bother to aknowlegde our concerns and now all of a sudden is because there are too many players? Really?

What happened on that extendend maintenance in January and the day the server died? We got another long maintenance this week and another extra maintenance the day after and it seems they only made the server worse... I mean wth is happening? I don't really buy their explanation but whatever this is something we will never know for sure.

Awesome way to celebrate 5 years anniversary!
  • Isaura
    Isaura
    ✭✭✭
    This decision is totally unacceptable. Problems have been going on for months if not years. You never listened to us and now, the problem is "new players". And to deal with this you're gonna prevent paying customers from playing during the most important event of the year. I had a first glimpse at this login queue, I got kicked while switching character and got stuck in it while I had no problem logging in in the first place. I was really looking forward to playing during this event but you ruined it. Working on a long term solution is good but this measure even if temporary is a very bad business decision. What's the point of paying a sub for a game we cannot play. It's just a fact, you don't ask customers to pay for a service you can't provide.
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CeGZu2v.jpg
    "..or join an army of thousands in epic player battles."

cuxYcod.gif
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Idinuse wrote: »
    CeGZu2v.jpg
    "..or join an army of thousands in epic player battles."

cuxYcod.gif

You can join an army of thousands in a epic player battles ....
    against the :-
    lag, loading screens, disconnects, & ZOS interference to all the world falling in around them
    but not against other players :blush:
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Sanctuary_Reaper
    Sanctuary_Reaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My account has just resubbed aswell, automatically, Expect a chargeback because there is one incoming from my bank, when i pay for goods i expect to be able to use them, your TOS means TOSH where the distanace selling act is concerned.
    Hi all, we've removed the erroneous mention of a queue position in the original message - thanks for pointing that out. We know you have questions, and we will have a more detailed (and technical) explanation for you tomorrow. As mentioned in the original message, the queue is a temporary solution that we've turned on (we've had the queueing system tech for years) while we prepare the more permanent long-term solution.

The trouble is, everything that Zo$ does is a temporary solution, witrh no permanant solution. How on earth do you people keep your jobs? Because its clearly not performance related.

• ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My account has just resubbed aswell, automatically, Expect a chargeback because there is one incoming from my bank, when i pay for goods i expect to be able to use them, your TOS means TOSH where the distanace selling act is concerned.
    Hi all, we've removed the erroneous mention of a queue position in the original message - thanks for pointing that out. We know you have questions, and we will have a more detailed (and technical) explanation for you tomorrow. As mentioned in the original message, the queue is a temporary solution that we've turned on (we've had the queueing system tech for years) while we prepare the more permanent long-term solution.

The trouble is, everything that Zo$ does is a temporary solution, witrh no permanant solution. How on earth do you people keep your jobs? Because its clearly not performance related.

Prepare to have your account banned.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    I find hard to believe a sudden new number of players just appeared.

The motif giveaway (Anniversary box event) is the most popular of the events. Lots of people come back from hiatus to play it, and the crafting part of it is the most popular. Look for population to drop slightly for the next three weeks (especially PvP week), and resurge for the final week. Then after the event the game will look empty again.

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If your server queue is anything like your BG and dungeon queues...

Oh my.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You've capped the servers. Why lie?
    PC EU
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They said it wrong, they didnt mean faction lock.... they meant server lock xD
  • Khaadrun
    Khaadrun
    Is this still on? Cause i've been logging in w/o any probs or waits
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khaadrun wrote: »
    Is this still on? Cause i've been logging in w/o any probs or waits

It only really kicks in when there's more than x players online. Check during prime time and you'll probably see it.
This discussion has been closed.