Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Server Login Queue Turned on for PC-EU - April 10

• Lokov
    Lokov
    ✭✭✭
    Recently, we’ve seen a massive influx of players to ESO especially on the PC-EU server. This influx of players has resulted in some server performance issues for our players on the PC-EU megaserver, especially during prime-time hours. As a short-term solution to address these issues, we are turning on a login queueing system for that server.

Set in place to create an optimal player experience for our ESO fans playing on the PC-EU server, this queueing system allows for a set number of players to be in the game at a time. Players waiting in the queueing system will be able to enter the game as soon as a spot opens up. (Please note that your estimated on-screen wait time may not reflect your actual wait time.)

We’re currently working on plans that will add more capacity for our growing PC-EU community, making it possible for many more heroes to jump in and play simultaneously without hindrance to the overall PC-EU server performance. We’ll keep everyone updated. Welcome to all our new and returning players, and thank you all for your patience.

Well, m'kay.
    We all know how your queueing system "working"
    Cant play bg's normally 2nd week😂 with only two ppl in group.
    With each update the service gets worse and worse. Out of sync comes to a second on bg's. With ping 90-110. This is unacceptable. Give us back the old API.
    I have already canceled ESO Plus month ago because I think that I should not pay for such a terrible service.
    Edited by Lokov on April 10, 2019 10:59PM
    Captain Org As More |Mag Blade| DC
    Bald Dude You Know From |Stam Blade| DC
    Ashot One Shot |Mag Blade| AD
    Strippirella |Stam Blade| AD
    Dont Touch My Tralala |Stam DK| DC
    Im Badman |Mag DK| DC
    Big Mac |Mag Sorc| DC
    Savitar Himself |Stam Sorc| DC
    Captain Old Fashion |Mag Plar| DC
    Chelovek Chlen-Nevidimka |Stam Warden| DC

Welcome to my TWITCH in Russian
  • Apox
    Apox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    Uh...thanks, Blizzard(?).

On a serious note, I hope server upgrades won't take too long to implement. Can we expect them to happen by the time Elsweyr arrives?

the server upgrades/fixes that zos has promised since 2015?

yeah man they'll def be here for elseweyr
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    valeriiya wrote: »
    Universe wrote: »
    Thanks for the clarification :)
    I do hope there will be only one PC EU server and you are not planning to open one more server to relief the pressure.
    The best possible solution as others may have already mentioned is to increase server resources, such as: maximum bandwidth, Memory, CPU etc.

You're welcome. We know this is frustrating. No, we are not planning to open a new server. Our long-term plans will allow the PC-EU server to better handle the larger population that the server now has. (More details on that tomorrow.)

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom if Rob said there are no performance issues why is this happening. It's incredible how the lies flow

This is actually a great point.
    Why the mixed messages?

One hand doesn't seem to know what the other is doing, it seems.

• Heimo57
    Heimo57
    ✭✭
    Hallo Kai,
    ich erlaube mir höflich zu sagen, dass das Spiel immer grösser geworden ist was Spieler und Spielwelt betrifft. Ihr habt sicherlich Millionen an EUR verdient, jedoch wohl nicht entsprechend und rechtzeitig in die Technik investiert, was euch, die Warteschlangen und nicht nur die betreffend auf die Füße fallen könnte und ohne die entsprechenden Maßnahmen auch wird. Warteschlange im PVP ist schon schwer zu ertragen aber das zum Einloggen ins Spiel ist nicht akzeptabel. Zur Zeit kann man sich weder und auch mit Warteschlange nicht einloggen. Ich denke das könnt Ihr euch sparen, da sich dann viele Spieler verabschieden werden. Eure Manager haben da wohl nicht die rechte Voraussicht gehabt was sich unmittelbar zeigt da Ihr das was Ihr verkauft habt, was jedenfalls zur Zeit nicht oder nur ungenügend funktioniert, nicht liefern könnt.

Ich bin seit Anfang an, also seit Frühjahr 2014 bei TESO dabei, habe 2 Accounts - aber ... So geht es ganz Vielen ... nicht mehr lange.

Grüße sendet Dir und zenimax
    Heimo
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is this one of the things that @ZOS_RobGarrett said wasn't a game breaking issue? What a sh*tshow.

Slowing Down Content Releases and the Great Fix Patch
    I spoke with Rob about the fast release of updates and if ZOS had considered doing a “Great Fix Patch” for one of their updates. He said it’s a question they get a lot and whilst it’s not off the table they as a company do need to produce for everyone and a majority of the bugs and issues faced are not ones everyone encounters or are drastically halting gameplay, as such they need to continue creating content for people who want new content to play and and don’t play at the higher level to notice if a skill or mechanic works a little wonky.

Where do you keep pulling this quote from @valeriiya
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    so why isnt na having these problems? They have to have seen an increase of players aswell.

not even on pc, just curious
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LMAO it sure as sh*t isn’t “new players”

Y’all broke the game again, as always
  • jbjondeaueb17_ESO
    jbjondeaueb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Massively Multiplayer Online Game

Massively Multiplayer Offline Game : corrected that for you :'(
    Pain-Healer - Argonian Templar Healer (EP) - Immortal Redeemer - Gryphon's Heart
    Guild : Ghosts and Goblins Target Dummies
    Players know me as Jeban
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow quite bad

Especially before an expansion release
  • WatchYourSixx
    WatchYourSixx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would be cool if this massive influx of players was indicated with actual numbers... Like saying 200k online or whatever, compared to usually only 100k or whatever it is.

Btw anyone that says "there is no way it's more people" how do you know it's not? The game shards like crazy so you never have an issue of "too many players" in one area
    The only thing to fear is, fear itself. - FDR

CP 800
    PC NA

- Maximus the Marksman (AD) Temp
    - Rex the Unstoppable Force (DC) DK
    - Sodor Dragonfire (DC) DK
    - Masha'Dar Shadow-Paw (DC) NB
    - Magnus the Mage (DC) Sorc
  • WatchYourSixx
    WatchYourSixx
    ✭✭✭✭
    They had login queues way back at launch as well. I can only imagine how many people are trying to play
    The only thing to fear is, fear itself. - FDR

CP 800
    PC NA

- Maximus the Marksman (AD) Temp
    - Rex the Unstoppable Force (DC) DK
    - Sodor Dragonfire (DC) DK
    - Masha'Dar Shadow-Paw (DC) NB
    - Magnus the Mage (DC) Sorc
  • Sindarin
    Sindarin
    ✭✭✭
    another reason to stop paying for eso+. thanks for make up my mind
  • Chicharron
    Chicharron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am curious to know how many times a year Zenimax apologizes and thanks our patience.

They use these words so much that I doubt they know what they mean.
    Edited by Chicharron on April 11, 2019 12:03AM
  • Iki
    Iki
    ✭✭✭
    Just for the love of gods don`t add ready-check to this login-queue. Thinking about battlegrounds and group-finder...
  • alenae1b14_ESO
    alenae1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I hope working on plans is faster than soon.
  • Chuaznega
    Chuaznega
    ✭✭
    Pls remove this comment since I'm playing on NA not EU, sorry I missed that detail.
    Edited by Chuaznega on April 11, 2019 1:47AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this one of the things that @ZOS_RobGarrett said wasn't a game breaking issue? What a sh*tshow.

Slowing Down Content Releases and the Great Fix Patch
    I spoke with Rob about the fast release of updates and if ZOS had considered doing a “Great Fix Patch” for one of their updates. He said it’s a question they get a lot and whilst it’s not off the table they as a company do need to produce for everyone and a majority of the bugs and issues faced are not ones everyone encounters or are drastically halting gameplay, as such they need to continue creating content for people who want new content to play and and don’t play at the higher level to notice if a skill or mechanic works a little wonky.

Where do you keep pulling this quote from valeriiya

Its from this post: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5923500
  • NupidStoob
    NupidStoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I take 30 minutes or even an hour queue over the *** 10 minute loading screens we had yesterday any day. Sure it would be awesome if more servers would be available, but stuff like that doesn't happen overnight. ZoS is probably as surprised about the success of the current event as we are. Could it have been predicted and premidated? Sure, but now *** happened and we can't do anything about it. Please don't just threaten to quit the game in a hissy fit on the forums and actually do so so I can have a shorter queue. Thank you.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Btw anyone that says "there is no way it's more people" how do you know it's not? The game shards like crazy so you never have an issue of "too many players" in one area

It's not difficult to see that there are less players running around in the zones than there were a year or two ago. Vvardenfell, Summerset, and even Murkmire look like ghost zones compared to before. My guess is that the "influx of players" are people who download the game, play the tutorial, and then experience the lag, bugs, crashes, confusing lore, etc, and just quit at level 5 and go on to games with less problems. I've seen lots of folks like that join the guilds I'm in.... never to be seen again until they get kicked for inactivity. Those players are still on the company's books, so there's a cumulative population increase on paper, since the only people considered as no longer with the game are bots, hackers, and disruptive players who are terminated along the way.

Edited by Jaraal on April 11, 2019 1:32AM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    method__01 wrote: »
    decision to upgrade the servers: good
    your timing: bad

The need for added capacity, while an annoyance at the moment, is a sign of popularity. Sorry that it is swamping your servers, ZOS, but as problems go, having too many players isn't all bad! :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    method__01 wrote: »
    decision to upgrade the servers: good
    your timing: bad

The need for added capacity, while an annoyance at the moment, is a sign of popularity. Sorry that it is swamping your servers, ZOS, but as problems go, having too many players isn't all bad! :smile:

The number of players is not the only thing that contributes to lag and poor server performance.

Every month they are introducing more and more data heavy particle effects and detailed graphics, yet the aging infrastructure is expected to keep up with all the new demands. Everybody and their durzog is now running around with free sparkly reindeer mounts and shiny Psijic daily rewards pets and the like..... and all that stuff takes up resources.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • NupidStoob
    NupidStoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

It's not difficult to see that there are less players running around in the zones than there were a year or two ago. Vvardenfell, Summerset, and even Murkmire look like ghost zones compared to before. My guess is that the "influx of players" are people who download the game, play the tutorial, and then experience the lag, bugs, crashes, confusing lore, etc, and just quit at level 5 and go on to games with less problems. I've seen lots of folks like that join the guilds I'm in.... never to be seen again until they get kicked for inactivity. Those players are still on the server's books, so there's a cumulative population increase on paper, since the only people considered as no longer with the game are bots, hackers, and disruptive players who are terminated along the way.

Yes it is difficult to see because there are multiple instances of each zone running at any same time. So if one instance reaches full capacity you get put into a new one. I pretty much do everything in this game together with a friend and 95% of the time we port into the same zone without porting on each other we end up in different instances.

More players registered on a server doesn't increase the server load.... People actively logging in and being in the game does. AFK people get kicked considerably fast. Of course ZoS has metrics to see how many people are logging in during timeframes. They have tons of data available that we have not and there is no reason why ZoS would even need to lie about the reason for the server performance. We have seen it deteriorate more with every single event for a while and it's been getting more and more extreme lately with the peak clearly being recent days. There are only two explanations why server performance is getting worse: 1. More players than ZoS anticipated, 2. Zos deliberately not caring and letting servers deteriorate on purpose. Second is a ridiculous notion for any business even if this forum seems so set to believe that.
  • abigfishy
    abigfishy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time for an Asia server. It is the best solution is so many ways...
    Level 50 Characters
    USA
    Odette Skullcrusher Nord DK EP Tank
    Hannah Smithee Breton Templar DC Healer
    Charlotte of the Wild Bosmer NB EP DPS
    Rabbath Amman Dark Elf Sorc EP DPS
    Lovely Twinkle High Elf Sorc AD Tank
    Nepith Dark Elf Warden EP Healer
    Tupac Shakoor Redguard Sorc DC Tank
    Faire the Last Snow Elf Altmer Warden EP Ice Staff Tank
    EU
    Soul-Shriven Breton Sorc DC DPS
    Makush gro-Shurgal Orc DK DC Tank
    Cleopatra Tharn Imperial Sorc EP Healer
    Daenerys Targaryin Nord Templar DC Healer
    Zar Saarshar Khajiit NB DC Thief
    Celrith High Elf Sorc EP Assassin
    Falcar Dark Elf NB DC Necromancer
    Myriam Blaylock Breton NB EP Vampire
    Nivrillin Wood Elf NB DC Werewolf
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be sure to do a quick scan for fraudulently obtained keys and illegally bought/sold accounts.
    Nothing like a few hammer taps to streamline traffic.
    signing off
  • Deep_01
    Deep_01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one (who plays on PC EU) who's not annoyed one bit by this?
    @Deepan on PC-EU
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This seems odd to me. I play on both NA and EU, and the EU server always seems much emptier to me than the NA server does. I see far fewer people in Vivec City crafting area, in Mournhold, in Alinor, in Daggerfal, in Rawl’kha, at dolmens in the Alik’ir desert, etc. etc. Prices are higher in the EU guild stores, too, suggesting lower supply of sellable items, presumably due to lower population. Is the EU server built to handle only smaller loads?
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    If you've ever wanted to start an PC-NA account, now is the time....

EU- server refugees we welcome you.
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because this solves everything. Im speechless.
    Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
    Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • Maphusail
    Maphusail
    ✭✭✭
    As a temporary measure I gonna cancel my ESO + membership and refresh it when my queue is up...
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I'm not confident this will work, Cirion!"
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
This discussion has been closed.