Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Server Login Queue Turned on for PC-EU - April 10

• The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blacksmoke wrote: »
    People complain about server lagg and making it unplayable now ZoS has short term solution to decreasr it people still complain.. make up your minds

The lag has been there for years, you ***!
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    valeriiya wrote: »
    Is this one of the things that @ZOS_RobGarrett said wasn't a game breaking issue? What a sh*tshow.

Slowing Down Content Releases and the Great Fix Patch
    I spoke with Rob about the fast release of updates and if ZOS had considered doing a “Great Fix Patch” for one of their updates. He said it’s a question they get a lot and whilst it’s not off the table they as a company do need to produce for everyone and a majority of the bugs and issues faced are not ones everyone encounters or are drastically halting gameplay, as such they need to continue creating content for people who want new content to play and and don’t play at the higher level to notice if a skill or mechanic works a little wonky.

Hopefully this gives them a nudge to start taking performance a little more seriously ;)

Especially if there really is an influx in new players. It won't take long for those new players to see how awful the game performance can be which will cause them to leave the game.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just logged in on my first attempt, are you sure this queue is ON LOL ? :D
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Niaver
    Niaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it even real?
    It was bad enough already: maitenance during all day, broken group finder, now we have to wait 30m in queue?
    PC EU - Daggerfall Covenant - @Niaver
    Erazar (main) - Khajit DK tank

Proud owner of Maelstrom Sharpened Bow
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I understand that if the server isn't full, there isn't any queue.

I really hope that this is only temporarily, i.e a few days.
    This game should be available at all times without queue.
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi all, we've removed the erroneous mention of a queue position in the original message - thanks for pointing that out. We know you have questions, and we will have a more detailed (and technical) explanation for you tomorrow. As mentioned in the original message, the queue is a temporary solution that we've turned on (we've had the queueing system tech for years) while we prepare the more permanent long-term solution.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Aerithone
    Aerithone
    ✭✭✭
    Permanent solution will be spend more money on servers.
    I will show you fear in a handfull of dust.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom can we at least hope for some clarification on the issue during Fridays live stream?
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi all, we've removed the erroneous mention of a queue position in the original message - thanks for pointing that out. We know you have questions, and we will have a more detailed (and technical) explanation for you tomorrow. As mentioned in the original message, the queue is a temporary solution that we've turned on (we've had the queueing system tech for years) while we prepare the more permanent long-term solution.

Thanks for the clarification :)
    I do hope there will be only one PC EU server and you are not planning to open one more server to relief the pressure.
    The best possible solution as others may have already mentioned is to increase server resources, such as: maximum bandwidth, Memory, CPU etc.
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom can we at least hope for some clarification on the issue during Fridays live stream?

You won't have to wait till friday, she said they'll have clarification tomorrow.
  • polgarah
    polgarah
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Will have Eso plus subscribers priority?

I hope so, because if we have the same queue you can tell to your company my feedback. Enjoy your new customers without subscription, my sub is gone.

Nothing personal with you Gina, you’re awesome.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom so can we expect the servers to be off about 12:00 UTC when the new hardware arrives???
    and when they are back the lag and queue to be gone?
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager

It'll be tomorrow. :)
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Squeaky_Clean
    Squeaky_Clean
    ✭✭✭✭
    econ190116m.jpg

Is this an out-of-season April Fools joke? I mean, maybe they messed just up the date 10/04 instead of 01/04?!?
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Universe wrote: »
    I do hope there will be only one PC EU server and you are not planning to open one more server to relief the pressure.
    The best possible solution as others may have already mentioned is to increase server resources, such as: maximum bandwidth, Memory, CPU etc.

You're welcome. We know this is frustrating. No, we are not planning to open a new server. Our long-term plans will allow the PC-EU server to better handle the larger population that the server now has. (More details on that tomorrow.)
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Wolste
    Wolste
    Soul Shriven
    Waiting for 50 mins. I'll just go and play a working game now.
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to upgrade both servers actually. Your game is growing, which is a good thing, but your servers are strained. Do something new before it becomes a massive issue and costs you players because this...
    Wolste wrote: »
    Waiting for 50 mins. I'll just go and play a working game now.
    is not something you ever want.

The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You're welcome. We know this is frustrating. No, we are not planning to open a new server. Our long-term plans will allow the PC-EU server to better handle the larger population that the server now has. (More details on that tomorrow.)

Thanks for the information :)
    I understand you're working on a permanent solution.
    Hopefully, it will be resolved soon.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I mean people kept asking ZOS to upgrade their servers... I guess increasing the player base beyond what the server is comfortable with would be one way to make that happen. :sweat_smile:

Awaiting the new information and hoping any upgrades needed don't take too long as log-in queues are never fun.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Verbal_Earthworm
    Verbal_Earthworm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real question though is why didn't they anticipate the extra load?

EU-PC has been unwell for months, it's been reported Ad nauseam until players were blue in the face.

The server status was well known and the event was planned in advance and yet no contingencies were set up?

I know common sense is rare nowadays but really?

• Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom when you say tomorrow do you mean tomorrow EU time as this is about the EU server (ie before 16:00 UTC) or sort of Friday, as any later means it may as well be Friday, so nothing can even be started until late on Monday (EU time?
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭

EU-PC has been unwell for months, it's been reported Ad nauseam until players were blue in the face.

The server status was well known and the event was planned in advance and yet no contingencies were set up?

Really!
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They will probably lease and spin up a few more server blades.
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS server is lagging so hard, even their april fools joke is 9 days late
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i JUST BOUGHT ANOTHER CROWN PACK AND NOW i GET THIS ***??? I HAVE BEEN PLAYING FOR 5 YEARS NOW, BUT I AM ABOUT TO QUIT!!!

This is hilarious. I’m hoping you’re being sarcastic
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keylun wrote: »
    i JUST BOUGHT ANOTHER CROWN PACK AND NOW i GET THIS ***??? I HAVE BEEN PLAYING FOR 5 YEARS NOW, BUT I AM ABOUT TO QUIT!!!

This is hilarious. I’m hoping you’re being sarcastic

Trust me, I'm not.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • KoultouraS
    KoultouraS
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Which action of this company makes you believe they actually plan anything?
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom if Rob said there are no performance issues why is this happening. It's incredible how the lies flow
  • Diundriel
    Diundriel
    ✭✭✭
    would be awesome if that certain Change to the Server would effect cyrodil aswell
    tho i guess it will feel like a Downgrade :disappointed:
    GM of former Slack Squad PvP Raid Guild
    Our Vids:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKLwZNZlv8an4p-xNoboE7w

Characters:
    Zoe'la- AD Magplar AvA 50 x2.5
    Not Zoe'la- DC Magplar AvA 25
    Worst Healbot EU- EP Magplar AvA 20
    Diundriel- AD StamNB AvA 36
    Pugs Got Bombed- AD ManaNB AvA 36
    Cause we have dots- AD ManaSorc AvA 33
    Red Zergs Again- AD StamDen AvA 29
    Synergy Spam Bot- AD MagDK AvA 17
    Heals of Cyrodiil- AD ManaDen AvA 14
    Nawrina- DC StamDK AvA 26
    Not Ganking- StamNB PVE DD
    Stack Pls- DC ManaNB AvA 20
    Der Katzenmensch- AD AvA 30
    Der kleine Troll- DC StamDen AvA 24
    and some I deleted and new ones I am to lazy to add so well above 200 Mio AP and 6 Former Emperor Characters

PvE: multiple Flawless Conqueror Chars, vAS +2, vCloudrest +3, vRG, vKA, vCrag hms, vDSA 43,5k score ...
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    T@rty wrote: »
    In five years of playing ESO I have never had to queue to login and now you're saying its due to more players?!?!?!

bullsh!t!
    This
    Edited by Mojmir on April 10, 2019 10:07PM
This discussion has been closed.