Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Server Login Queue Turned on for PC-EU - April 10

• electromagnets
    electromagnets
    ✭✭✭
    Just got in after what felt like at least 15 mins of that "approximately 30 seconds" message staring back at me. The lag while doing crafting writs was at least as bad if not worse than it was yesterday.

"Set in place to create an optimal player experience for our ESO fans playing on the PC-EU server"

I guess your idea of optimal is a little lower than mine. -_-

• detrraxic
    detrraxic
    Soul Shriven
    I've been in the queue for the past 30 minutes and I am still waiting. This is unacceptable, you are bringing players to the point that we have to unsubscribe from your service because we are unable to use it.
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why cant EU have the same hardware as NA?

Because who cares about EU
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i JUST BOUGHT ANOTHER CROWN PACK AND NOW i GET THIS ***??? I HAVE BEEN PLAYING FOR 5 YEARS NOW, BUT I AM ABOUT TO QUIT!!!

Thank you for playing our gambling system - big cookie of false joy to you
    We know you wont quit - so here we give you an invisible crown crate ....nope haha - go go buy more of our awesome lootboxes

Don't test me, I am not lying here.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • Childeric
    Childeric
    ✭✭✭
    People complain the game lost it's attractiveness... and now it has regained it (my guild have more online people than ever), we're complaining about the consequences... I'm not sure Zenimax anticipated this popularity boost. Should I mention that recent GW2 dark future perspective (due to Arena.net firing people), SWTOR uncertain, WOW getting old, ESO ever evolving with nice new content regularly and now a plan to have year long episodes...

I'll only say they should have anticipated it... Maybe should they move on Amazon AWS or try to find another operator their current one? Not German but French maybe? :P
  • Silaf
    Silaf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alaztor91 wrote: »
    I wonder if the login queue works as smoothly as the dungeon finder/bg queue.

I have the same problem entering battleground is nearly impossible.

Still congratulations to ZOS for the new record playerbase this is a good way to celebrate 5 years. The server need some serious power up at this point.
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best anniversary event ever... :joy:

But in a serious note I really hope this is is short-term solution and that ZOS updates the server fast.
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • Bloodraven187
    Bloodraven187
    ✭✭✭
    Rake wrote: »

I do. i like having people playing in different parts of the world. As for the answer to the person you quoted, pretty much the same reason why they have to upgrade the hardware for EU. Player capacity. Instead of a portion of the player base being affected it would be all of the players everywhere. Most companies can't support that many simultaneous users and have any kind of viable functionality, even your multinational mega corps. Millions of people are playing at any given time, and current tech would need military level hardware to support that many at one time. Private sector doesn't often have that kind of capital. So they break it down into smaller chunks of users that their infrastructure can support and still work. Welcome to networking technology basics in a nutshell.
  • cmetzger93
    cmetzger93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the communication! Don’t play on EU but I for one do appreciate being kept in the loop! Glad to hear we are getting an influx of new players!
  • Malcadicta
    Malcadicta
    ✭✭✭
    And my subscription just got renewed… Holy hell, I'm cancelling. I get game breaking bugs, I get problems but now I'm going to stare at my screen for gods know how long just to experience the problems?

Great way to celebrate the anniversary. I suppose at least now you do have a quick way of dealing with the "influx of players" since a lot will just leave, unable to play.
    @Malcadicta - PC EU
    Malamhin - dd magsorc Dunmer (main)
    Maladict Temperance - healer magplar Altmer
    Malifer Viridi - tank magden Bosmer
    Malafas Mastiphal - healer magblade Dunmer
    Malady-Not-Talked-About - healer magden Argonian
    Manutri'Tion - dd stamblade Khajiit
    Malatesta the Fourth - tank magdk Redguard
    Malcadh - healer magcro Altmer

• Bagatur
    Bagatur
    ✭✭✭
    So I thought there is nothing make me stop playing ESO. I'd live with bugs, kicking outside, crashes, imbalance. But you did it, ZOS. You are good feeding ppl with more and more disgust day after day. You are good, I give you that.

P.S. And yes, canceling subs on two accounts until this mega fail is back to normal.
    Edited by Bagatur on April 10, 2019 8:45PM
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    Wait, so EU has to try get passed a (bugged queue) during the ENTIRE 5th anniversary event, probably till release of Elsweyr or so, because ZOS runs a mmo but doesnt have a clue how to fix hardware for more players??

i bet if one account is created on US server, someone calls a tech dude downstairs and he plugs in hardware to provide for 2 players, just to be sure
  • Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only thing that will happen, is that new players will be scared away at the entrance gate.
    And longtime players too.

I don't understand that way of thinking. Bad idea. Very bad idea.
    PC/EU
  • Bloodraven187
    Bloodraven187
    ✭✭✭

I do. i like having people playing in different parts of the world. As for the answer to the person you quoted, pretty much the same reason why they have to upgrade the hardware for EU. Player capacity. Instead of a portion of the player base being affected it would be all of the players everywhere. Most companies can't support that many simultaneous users and have any kind of viable functionality, even your multinational mega corps. Millions of people are playing at any given time, and current tech would need military level hardware to support that many at one time. Private sector doesn't often have that kind of capital. So they break it down into smaller chunks of users that their infrastructure can support and still work. Welcome to networking technology basics in a nutshell.

Additional comment:

Governments can throw billions at military networks and technology and infrastructure thereof. Most private companies might be able to afford a few hundred thousand at the top tier. Often not even that. So funding becomes a limitation as much as technology does.
    Edited by Bloodraven187 on April 10, 2019 8:48PM
  • afonik
    afonik
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the Login Crates.
    Gamble for a chance to be placed in the queue to log in.
    This time they aren't even investigating, it's an intended feature

Oh, the memories, it reminds me my 48k Spectrum loadings
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue for me is it’s taken player reports of getting this for you to tell us about this. Why can’t this have been communicated to at least set expectations?

Tonight we had 4 disconnects and then those people were stuck in a queue. That’s really poor!

Will this make you re-think events in future as well? Whether it’s PVP, Dungeon related or crafting writs everything seems to break the game with EU being impacted the most. I’d happily leave events out the plan for a while and have a stable and usable game.
  • me_ming
    me_ming
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I really hope ZOS find a more concrete solution to the EU servers.

And how cares about EU? Me who plays in NA. Because God forbid those EU guys create an NA account and we ALL have problems logging in.
    "We're heroes, my boon companion, and heroes always win! Let that be a lesson to you."
    -Caldwell, "The Final Assault"

"There is always a choice. But you don't get to choose what is true, you only get to choose what you will do about it..."

-Abnur Tharn, "God of Schemes"]
  • Wolste
    Wolste
    Soul Shriven
    The game is unplayable now... literaly
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Additional comment:

Governments can throw billions at military networks and technology and infrastructure thereof. Most private companies might be able to afford a few hundred thousand at the top tier. Often not even that. So funding becomes a limitation as much as technology does.

Dob"t play that ***, they gave away 1 million dollars to a player few years ago.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • Leeched
    Leeched
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS should just do it like this game - way to go to sell more ESO+ memberships:
    unknown.png
    2vs0uf.jpg
    (DC) Grimsley - MagSorc || Denderan - StamPlar || Phaedon - StamBlade || Oberon - MagPlar || Leontes - StamSorc || Saroush - MagDk || Culan - StamDen || Dullahan - StamDk
    Ruvik - MagBlade || Tivil - MagDen || Juval - MagNecro || Gargrave - StamNecro
    (EP) Vicio - MagBlade || Clavigo - MagPlar || Peritas - MagDen || Fedrak - MagSorc
    (AD) Maledicto - MagBlade || Voriak - StamBlade

PC EU || Currently CP 1500+
    Azura's Star Sotha Sil
    I serve bombs ღ - retired
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought this was a joke :joy: Apparently not. I just logged out so someone has now taken my spot in the server. Yay!

But it's true. People pay subscription to play the game. It's easy to see we'll be upset if suddenly we can't play.

This is so incresibly sad. Give priority to ESO+ accounts then, leaving the non paying players in queue. Just another added perk of subscribing.
  • ZOS_RikardD
    ZOS_RikardD
    admin
    Greetings,

We have had to remove several comments for bashing, insults, spam, or otherwise nonconstructive or inappropriate commentary.

Please remember to keep comments civil and constructive and take a moment to review our Community Rules here.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Sanctuary_Reaper
    Sanctuary_Reaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Massively Multiplayer Online Game
  • XamXam777
    XamXam777
    ✭✭✭
    At the very least ESO Plus Subscribers should get priority in the queue (if they aren't already) until you guys can sort this out. This is a common thing other F2P MMO's that have multiple servers do.
    - Xam Xam -
    Owner of mmobits.com
    Psijic Order Skill Line Quest and Time Breach Location Guide
    PC - NA | Grey Host - Pact | Xam Xam (Nord Warden Heal Scrub), Xam'ess (Nord Templar DPS Scrub) & others...
    Noob PvPer | Eternally Poor Housing Enthusiast
  • Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe your higher ups in the company could offer their next bonus to buy some new hardware for their product or hire some more helping hands. That would spare us and you some major headaches.
  • Blacksmoke
    Blacksmoke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People complain about server lagg and making it unplayable now ZoS has short term solution to decreasr it people still complain.. make up your minds
    Champion point: 645
    Characters
    Ganlian Stormian - AD - Dungeon healer - Templar - Crafter
    Ondaril Stormian - AD - Trail DPS - Sorcerer
    Shagrod gro-Bolmog - AD - PVP - Dragonknight
  • Ragnork
    Ragnork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does this also explain Error 307 Booted from Server and then unable to login again as all you get is Error 307 Booted from Server?
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    decision to upgrade the servers: good
    your timing: bad
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• todokete
    todokete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    XamXam777 wrote: »
    At the very least ESO Plus Subscribers should get priority in the queue (if they aren't already) until you guys can sort this out. This is a common thing other F2P MMO's that have multiple servers do.

I'm not subbed. that would make me quit 100%
  • Blacksmoke
    Blacksmoke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    todokete wrote: »
    XamXam777 wrote: »

I'm not subbed. that would make me quit 100%

That only means others then can play! :D
    Champion point: 645
    Characters
    Ganlian Stormian - AD - Dungeon healer - Templar - Crafter
    Ondaril Stormian - AD - Trail DPS - Sorcerer
    Shagrod gro-Bolmog - AD - PVP - Dragonknight
This discussion has been closed.