Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Server Login Queue Turned on for PC-EU - April 10

• Amilla_Silverline
    Awww man. Looked like I picked a bad time to go out and buy sausages.
  • Reaver-Stormhamre
    Reaver-Stormhamre
    ✭✭✭
    Why cant EU have the same hardware as NA?
    Working as intended
  • Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even play on EU, or PC and this is ridiculous. I've got money on some people accepting the queue into the game and then getting kicked with a little notification "Someone in your group declined..."
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
    "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."
  • bzz86
    bzz86
    ✭✭✭✭
    Somewhere around 8 minutes it let me in. :-)
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this one of the things that @ZOS_RobGarrett said wasn't a game breaking issue? What a sh*tshow.

Slowing Down Content Releases and the Great Fix Patch
    I spoke with Rob about the fast release of updates and if ZOS had considered doing a “Great Fix Patch” for one of their updates. He said it’s a question they get a lot and whilst it’s not off the table they as a company do need to produce for everyone and a majority of the bugs and issues faced are not ones everyone encounters or are drastically halting gameplay, as such they need to continue creating content for people who want new content to play and and don’t play at the higher level to notice if a skill or mechanic works a little wonky.

• Bloodraven187
    Bloodraven187
    ✭✭✭
    I have seen this in other server based systems, both MMO and business applications like databases) where a sudden influx of a massive number of users can slow down and crash those servers, or create bottlenecks that prevent practical use of the server's applications. It sucks but that's technology. Like trying to use the same boat to ferry people that was designed for 100 passengers and 20 crew when you have 1000 passengers and 200 crew. You have to get a bigger boat, or in this case higher capacity servers. In all likelihood they just have to allocate the hardware, get the appropriate background programs for server functionality and networking, then load on the ESO server applications themselves. Just be patient and know that since they are aware fo it they are working on it as fast as they can. And in general ZOS has been good about compensation players for problems that are not their fault like the anniversary reward. Just let them handle the hardware and software and then see what they do to make it up to the player base.
    I know patience is not a common virtue to gamers as a whole (being one myself) but try to be patient.
  • CiNNeR
    CiNNeR
    ✭✭✭
    Really, during an event and loads of players can't get in? For a game they pay for!!!!

Even worse when you crash out of the game and cannot get back in.
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great! So glad I no long pay to play this shitshow!
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • LanteanPegasus
    LanteanPegasus
    ✭✭✭✭
    After a wait of 15 to 20 minutes (didn't stay in front of the PC, so I can't be more exact): "An error occurred" and I was obviously thrown from the queue.
    Upside: Now I'm not shown a "maybe 30 seconds" but a "13 minutes" waiting time.
    Downside: 20min + 13min = more than half an hour to wait every time to play the game. With no indication of the problem being solved anytime soon. (At least probably not during the ongoing, quite time consuming, event.)

"Please note that while your queue position is accurate, your estimated on-screen wait time may not reflect your actual wait time" - I am not shown my position in the queue, the time can only be an estimation, so it's just hope and pray.
  • Chaquinho89
    Chaquinho89
    ✭✭✭
    Sells millions of crown packs every month, FORCES us to BUY "expansions" in order to access the same standard dlc type content, hundreds of people subscribed to the ESO+ program. Yet, no real good enough servers to handle a lot of people at the same time.
    PC / NA.

"Each event is preceded by Prophecy. but without the Hero, there is no Event." -- Zurin Arctus, the Underking.
  • afonik
    afonik
    ✭✭✭
    The queue is bugged, please fix!

It was 30 seconds for several minutes.

I got kicked out of the queue several times and had to re-enter.

As mentioned in the message above, the estimated on-screen wait time may not reflect the actual wait time (the position listed is correct, though).

As we all are also mentioning: there is no information on what position we are, it's a hanging queue, that's all.
  • CiNNeR
    CiNNeR
    ✭✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    Uh...thanks, Blizzard(?).

On a serious note, I hope server upgrades won't take too long to implement. Can we expect them to happen by the time Elsweyr arrives?

That's the goal (or sooner).

Sooner i hope, else it will cost players who pay to land in queue
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    it doesn't work. Queue starts. Than i get Error 108 and everyng stops.
    I have only background without any sighn that i'm in queue or not.
    I tested in - it was 20 minuts than a closed, again logged in, again 10 minuts of queue. anad again and again Error 108.

88vb9fw4niuv.png
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Lovelocke
    Lovelocke
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly something has to be done - queues are horrible but if it means people in the game can join dungeons then it's a horrible but necessary temporary solution.

My only concern is in case ZOS implement this and conveniently "forget" about the issue, with a vague post in a years time saying "we're not aware of any dungeon finder issues" like they've done before.

The community needs to keep up the reports to ZOS and don't let it slide.
  • Heavensblue
    Heavensblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry ZOS.

I pay a lot of money for ESO PLUS and not for waiting to come into the game to the best playing time!

You want money from us - so do more for the server performance iff you know that a lot of more players come at the EU-Server.

You celebrate 5 YEAR ESO!

(That´s a bad performance from you!)
    „Der Kluge lernt aus allem und von jedem, der Normale aus seinen Erfahrungen und der Dumme weiß alles besser.“ (Sokrates)
  • the_other_Alice
    the_other_Alice
    ✭✭✭
    you gotta be effing kidding me?! That is your solution? Adding yet another broken queue...for entering the game?
    ""I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it. CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE. "
    (Terry Pratchett)
    “If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”
    ( Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass)

"I don't think..."
    "Then you shouldn't talk", said the Hatter.”

(Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland)
    - Gildenleitung Not like the Otters -
  • Alaztor91
    Alaztor91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if the login queue works as smoothly as the dungeon finder/bg queue.
  • Kilnerdyne
    Kilnerdyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new players reason is almost certainly not true & is instead an excuse for terrible performance problems once again during Events. There is nothing in the last week that would have brought alot of players to the game.

Don't forget the maintenance of 28th January where EU Server almost certainly got migrated to worse hardware.
    Also don't forget that when problems occur on EU Server nobody at ZOS notices until there are multiple forum threads.

They don't test their game.
    They don't play their game.
    Once the Cats & Dragons patch is over it'll be gg thanks for playing.
  • Squeaky_Clean
    Squeaky_Clean
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a really, really bad move. Performance deteriorating on PC EU since the end of January. But instead of upgrading their hardware or adding capacity, ZOS' answer is, we have to limit access? This is an MMO, as in Massive Multiplayer Online, ffs ... smh.

Paying customer with ESO+, coming back from work, and then I have to wait in queue??!??!?
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry, soon you won't need to implement this login queue any longer, because most of us will leave!!!
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is absurd. Massive influx my ass. I have never encountered this in my 5 years of playing this game, and the population now is certainly not the highest it's ever been. Please stop feeding us ***.

By the way, great way to celebrate your 5 year anniversary. Cheers.

Yeah, terrible anniversary in my opinion.
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worst party ever
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • ViRUSsamtastic
    ViRUSsamtastic
    ✭✭✭
    PLZ ZOS, this is not the solution for this problem. I'm paying every month only to NOT PLAY because of unexpected maintenance and now this stupid player queue. i get you want to take some stress of the server but this is not the way to go.
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is not solution.
    Solution is to change server hoster (or how calls the company which provide hardware for it).
    I can't remember any time when EU server worked better or at least same good as than NA.
    Crushes, more lags with lower "ping" numbers, much often problems with login, esp for steam users, etc.
    @Anethum from .ua
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anethum wrote: »
    it doesn't work. Queue starts. Than i get Error 108 and everyng stops.
    I have only background without any sighn that i'm in queue or not.
    I tested in - it was 20 minuts than a closed, again logged in, again 10 minuts of queue. anad again and again Error 108.

88vb9fw4niuv.png

Yep, I got the same again and again. Then I got on character screen and another three crashes after chosing a character. Finally it worked, though. More reports of similar problems from guild members incoming.
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Brandanus
    Brandanus
    ✭✭
    Aerithone wrote: »
    Just fire those German guys responsible for EU server and get better data center to maintain the servers.
    Its easy.
    I just checked my calendar and it is actually 2019. Autoscaling and seamless provisioning of resources is a technique widely used. Well, the limits are usually commercial limits. Many new players but no additional resources?
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    essi2 wrote: »
    Great, so the broken EU server has been replaced with a broken static queue -_-

And if you're going to Cyrodiil, you get a second queue.

Talkin bout a girl who looks quite like you
    She didn't have the time to wait in the queue
    She cried away her life since she fell off the cradle....
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully this will be the nudge ZOS needs to put a GM or two into the game to evict all the bots taking up cap space.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is beyond disgusting. We have been complaining about (increased) performance issues in PC-EU since January. ZOS never acknowledged anything. Yet they developed and implemented a login queue system (which doesn't appear magically overnight) rather than increase server capacity. Remind me, why did I beta test this game, purchase early access, and subscribe for years?

To add insult to injury, the queue system is glitchy as hell. As others have reported, I also got error 108 (twice) upon which I had to alt-f4 out of the game and launch it again because I was left on a splash screen with no UI element or indication of any activity.

But yes, give us all the dragons. Maybe there will be someone in PC-EU still around to see them come June 4.
    Edited by daemonios on April 10, 2019 8:42PM
  • MikaHR
    MikaHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been saying it since January. Glad that they decided to start making plans to fix it... mid April!

But it is better experience for those of us that are ingame!
    Edited by MikaHR on April 10, 2019 8:31PM
This discussion has been closed.