Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Elsweyr Prologue - this was...

Nemesis7884
Nemesis7884
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
...by far the BEST PROLOGUE ever in ESO - that was awesome!! great quest / characters and really high quality! Congratz to ZOS - really well done!!!! Everyone should play it!

ps: No spoilers
Edited by Nemesis7884 on March 26, 2019 6:19AM
  • Castiel_Silvermist
    Castiel_Silvermist
    ✭✭✭
    agreed 100%
    GM of The Order of the Stars
    PC: NA
    Castiel Silvermist -- Stamblade DPS (AD) Wood elf
    Valokiloren -- Templar healer (AD) Dark elf
    Vidia -- Mag Sorc (AD) Breton

• nickl413
    nickl413
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ya i wasn't expecting the what happened at the end. very cool
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No spoilers huh?
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was indeed awesome! :):smiley:

And we actually got some insight on Abnur.
    We saw how and why Abnur screwed up. He was trying to seal the place. In the trailer it looked like him combining the tablets was how the door opened. I thought he was being careless or just supremely overconfident and arrogant as usual. The quest sure was leaning that way. He thought he could use the weapon (the demon/dragons) to end the three banners war, when Khamira insisted we destroy it. But he had good intentions...and a wicked half sister.
    Edited by VDoom1 on March 26, 2019 8:36PM
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
    Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
    Guild - Priests Of Hircine
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's good
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Grandma
    Grandma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    liked it wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more than most of the other prologue quests. Murkmire was awesome but this takes the cake.
    GH / 3/04/2021 / Elemental Catalyst Necromancer
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nickl413 wrote: »
    Ya i wasn't expecting the what happened at the end. very cool

But the end was literally shown in the previews during the Elsweyr and Season of the Dragon sneak peeks.
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
    Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The best part was when the spoilers came out and started spoiling everything for the spoilers in spoiler.

These are the words, and the words are true.
    PS5 EU.
  • cheifsoap
    cheifsoap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best part is that I don't have to do 150 dailies for a title...
    tenor.gif?itemid=8715911
  • eklhaftb16_ESO
    eklhaftb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does Tharn remember you from the main storyline? I can't decide which character to to choose for my first playthrough of the prologue. Not that it matters, since I will eventually play it with all of them... but you know, decisions. ;)
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does Tharn remember you from the main storyline?

Yes, he says maybe few insignificant lines in whole quest :/ I remember him too, and I don't want to work with him...

I really liked the room with frescoes (?) before the boss fight in last quest - very mysterious, I spent some time there taking screenshots <3 There was also curious book in that room (a detailed story of the khajiiti hero "part 1") - I really want to read "part 2" of the story and I hope it will be available in Elsweyr :)

Screenshots of the room:

1VC6jdA.jpg

QpPdRkd.jpg

nm4H78O.jpg

bpTzqRj.jpg

K05eOhe.jpg
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah that prologue quest was amazing!!

This is a very good intro for Elsweyr!
  • Nivinfarr
    Nivinfarr
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent job.

And, as so often is said in WoW these days, "Better story than BFA" (Battle for Azeroth).

Glad I defected.
  • Esha76
    Esha76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also enjoyed it immensely.

It's wonderful to have Abnur Tharn back, especially with Alfred Molina reprising his role.

If I recall correctly, I think Rich Lambert also stated, during the announcement, that John Cleese is reprising Cadwell in this chapter as well.

I really couldn't be more thrilled. Really looking forward to more of Abnur's witty jabs, and more Cadwell.
    "There is no moisture in your angry stares." - Laughs-at-All
    "I don't know why I bother guarding you horrible people." - Orama Sadas
    "Scales here is about to have a really bad day..." - Valeric
    "Just tell me what you're doing here before I turn your heart into a tomato..." - Sereyne
    "Break those rocks! Dig those ditches! Why??? Because I want you to!!!" - Ifriz the Unraveller
    "There are worse masters than I. Far worse." - Molag Bal
    "I humiliated the Daedra in Mehrunes Spite." - You, when turning in a specific Undaunted Daily.
    "I'm not finding you very pleasant!" - Adla the Brewer
    "Old Ri'hirr likes his birds slow and stupid!" - Old Ri'hirr
    "When things get dirty... Oh, I get so flustered." - Meredil the Archivist
    "Too many Argonians about these days..." - Davon's Watch Guard (though I think this one has been removed from game)
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How would it be trying to do this with my mega-ping? Which in case you weren't aware is ALWAYS 2k + ms.... I was really wanting to do this one but....
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Esha76 wrote: »
    I also enjoyed it immensely.

It's wonderful to have Abnur Tharn back, especially with Alfred Molina reprising his role.

If I recall correctly, I think Rich Lambert also stated, during the announcement, that John Cleese is reprising Cadwell in this chapter as well.

I really couldn't be more thrilled. Really looking forward to more of Abnur's witty jabs, and more Cadwell.

I did too. Very well done ZOS.

More John Cleese? Take my wallet now ZOS!
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...by far the BEST PROLOGUE ever in ESO - that was awesome!! great quest / characters and really high quality! Congratz to ZOS - really well done!!!! Everyone should play it!

ps: No spoilers

I played it last night. Really good quest!
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • personman_145
    personman_145
    ✭✭✭
    Played it yesterday and loved it!
    Ooh those dragons... I dunno how they'll compare to Skyrim in the end, but pretty friggin wicked so far!
    PC: i5 8600k, 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz RAM, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
    Chars: Alathaar is a high elf vampire dps sorc | Andy Rink is a dark elf tank sword and board WW
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abnur Tharn just made it fun.

I like him next to Lyris, the other two are so boring, I wish I sacrified both of them.

Edited by russelmmendoza on March 26, 2019 11:28PM
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really gets my hopes up about new Chapter quality
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this is what passes for quality content these days, I fear for ESO's future...
    The dialogues, but especially the Khajiiti legend, were poorly written. Lines of dialogue were repeated several times. The prologue was poorly integrated with your character, sending you to whichever faction you belong to but naming all of them instead of naming yours specifically. The journal was confusing in some parts, listing the quest under "Grahtwood" even though you don't ever pick it up in that zone, and only the last objective before going to the Halls of Colossus is there. The light puzzles in the delves were beyond obvious, and doing three similar fetch quests doesn't make the prologue any more interesting. There was no challenge whatsoever, not even what might pass for a mini boss. And let's not even get started on the dailies...

On the other hand, the entrance and interior of the Halls were beautifully crafted and the voice acting was excellent. These are to this day some of ESO's most successful features, in my view. So it's not all bad. I guess it's good that so many people are enjoying this prologue, but in the end I just don't agree that it was particularly good quality.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wasnt sure what to expect going into that, but it was actually quite entertaining. My original feelings about Tharn came flooding back the moment he started patting himself on the back as he did in the MQ.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it not bother anyone else that how it happens in the prologue quest is much different than the first teaser trailer? I'm not gonna dwell on it but it kinda annoys me.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think there's a reason they're called "teasers". Which is why I never watch them....
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I loved this prologue.

Love the fact that it has Alfred Molina as Tharn again. I keep wanting to demand that he give me the Amulet of Kings. This prologue felt like it was actually part of ESO.

Looking forward to running into Cadwell again.
  • Emathides
    Emathides
    ✭✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »

I really liked the room with frescoes (?) before the boss fight in last quest - very mysterious, I spent some time there taking screenshots <3 There was also curious book in that room (a detailed story of the khajiiti hero "part 1") - I really want to read "part 2" of the story and I hope it will be available in Elsweyr :)

Agree and hope we have the opportunity to buy them as an achievement item or in a furnishing pack for our homes!

• TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it not bother anyone else that how it happens in the prologue quest is much different than the first teaser trailer? I'm not gonna dwell on it but it kinda annoys me.

They didn't want to spoil Euraxia's part in it obviosly.
    Edited by TiaFrye on March 27, 2019 4:29AM
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

No because the Trailers have never been true to what we experience in the game. Theres only a few differences from what I noticed and they can easily be chocked up to artistic differences.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I too really enjoyed this prologue much more then the other ones. Really has me more excited for Elsweyr now. The graphics looked very good compared to older zones as well. The frescoes were beautiful.
  • KyraCROgnon
    KyraCROgnon
    ✭✭✭
    The prologue quests were fairly good indead (and i love having Abnur open a portal for me to travel to next quest part rather than teleporting out letting me find my own way out to the wayshrine and back to him lol )

Wish the dailies were morediverse, i enjoyed the murkmire expedition ones more :/