Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Introducing Craglorn"

• Csection
    Csection
    Leijona wrote: »
    Csection wrote: »
    Why place craglorn, a veteran rank 10 zone, when a main quest at 43 that leads to veteran rank 1 zones does not work? Prioritize. Whats the point of that zone if you cant even get into the first vet zone!
    1. Do you really think the same developers who are responsible for Craglorn are also doing the bug fixes?
    2. Craglorn has been finished more or less during the beta, as it has allready been tested then. If they are still working on it, then only for polishing.
    3. The zone will not be published before May. They still have time to fix that quest and for you to become veteran rank 10. As fast as you have leveld up to now, this shouldn't be a problem for you.

Actually the whole thing is, you can't level up to veteran rank 10. Why? Because the doesn't allow you to. It's pretty much saying max level is 60 but you're stuck at 50. I guess it's a good business motto. Trick people to thinking the game is more in depth than it really is.
  • vegeta0585b14_ESO
    vegeta0585b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I sure hope the content is massive in scale. I would hate to see Zennimax make the Bioware mistake in thinking they've somehow made a casual MMO that will take players time to advance in. There were 50s on day one, 4 days in now and there are LOTS of 50 / vets. Dont make the mistake of overestimating your own content. You guys made XP rain like freaking candy from a pinata in this game, and now you're gonna have a huge playerbase at end game less than a month after the games been out. Hope you can keep them happy. Shoulda broke the meta and not made a super casual mmo.
  • vegeta0585b14_ESO
    vegeta0585b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Salacious wrote: »
    This is going to hurt people more then it is going to help them - Why are you not allowing SOME solo content in this new ZONE? thats taking away from the rest of us who dont really like group content and come to the game for its solo aspects ....

If you're playing an MMO for SOLO content, you're playing the wrong genre. You're also dragging it down to WoW like standards, please go play a console RPG.
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey ESO fanboy, keep paying for a crappy game that doesn't work. Stay smart.

Seriously, no one is forcing you to play this game. If you don't want to play, or you don't like it for whatever reason, just go away. Nobody is going to miss you.
    Life of a Nightblade (Screenshot Tumblr)

Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
  • Northman
    Northman
    ✭✭
    Can we enter the craglorn if we haven't completed the main story quest? The quest "Messages across Tamriel" is still bugged. I guess a good reason to quit this game is because people who actually got to veteran rank can not play vet content because Zenimax's game doesn't work and have no intention on fixing it.

I can't take someone serious when they whine about endgame content less then a week after launch, your own fault for rushing, mate.
  • maethoresb14_ESO
    What I like about Craglorn is Zenimax is catering to everyone. There are groups of 4 and 12. There are story lines, timed trials, quests inside to take you off the beaten track. It's good for those that like to take their time and those that zoom zoom through it all. Good on you Zenimax, I'm excited to get in there.

Also the gear on the characters looked awesome and the graphics were stunning!
  • Viverim
    Viverim
    ✭✭
    Actually anyone who has made it to 50 in less than a week will burn through content so fast that Zenimax literally cannot produce it fast enough to satisfy them. Even if they did weekly updates those kinds of people will rush through it and demand more. And really, I just can't understand how you can enjoy a game when you blast past everything in it. I mean, you can't possibly tell me that they did every quest as they rocketed up to 50.
  • CASP3R421
    CASP3R421
    ✭✭✭
    CASP3R421 wrote: »
    Can we enter the craglorn if we haven't completed the main story quest? The quest "Messages across Tamriel" is still bugged. I guess a good reason to quit this game is because people who actually got to veteran rank can not play vet content because Zenimax's game doesn't work and have no intention on fixing it.

another reason to quit is that tamriel is no place for whiney whelps and milkdrinkers.

bye!

so its a place for tamriel fanboys where they love games that are just broken. good to know. don't want to be dumb like that
    Actually it's a place for troll slayers, not trolls.
    But if you want to hate on the smoothest mmo launch the industry has seen, maybe someone should send an arrow at your knee.

But the main point stays the same, no one is making you play. If you don't like the game, stop playing it. But all of these fickle consumers that want to rage about bugs are the same ones that would rage about a delayed release for more beta testing. Get out from behind your monitor and in front of a mirror next time you feel like being so demanding of perfection.

My Alt is a Mer

Due to the excessive amount of bait that we had to remove, this thread will remain closed
  • Csection
    Csection

another reason to quit is that tamriel is no place for whiney whelps and milkdrinkers.

bye!

so its a place for tamriel fanboys where they love games that are just broken. good to know. don't want to be dumb like that
    Actually it's a place for troll slayers, not trolls.
    But if you want to hate on the smoothest mmo launch the industry has seen, maybe someone should send an arrow at your knee.

But the main point stays the same, no one is making you play. If you don't like the game, stop playing it. But all of these fickle consumers that want to rage about bugs are the same ones that would rage about a delayed release for more beta testing. Get out from behind your monitor and in front of a mirror next time you feel like being so demanding of perfection.

Heard it was smart to pay for a game that doesn't work. Woot woot.
  • Kalann_Pander
    Kalann_Pander
    ✭✭✭
    MorHawk wrote: »
    You're certainly entitled to your opinions, you just have to forgive peoples' understandable incredulity that you're apparently so fixated on single-player gameplay in an MMO.

You also kinda forget that a fair number of us aren't here to play an MMO, but an Elder Scrolls installment. ESO is both, so solo play may be a bit more common than what you've experienced in other games up to now.

There seem to be quite a few solo players posting here, and also take note that it's more of a reflex for MMO players to go to the forums to discuss things, so we may be under-represented in regards to the number of forum posts.
    What I like about Craglorn is Zenimax is catering to everyone. There are groups of 4 and 12. There are story lines, timed trials, quests inside to take you off the beaten track. It's good for those that like to take their time and those that zoom zoom through it all. Good on you Zenimax, I'm excited to get in there.

Exactly. It does look quite enticing indeed.
    Which is why I feel so disappointed (previous posters have said it all).
    Edited by Kalann_Pander on April 8, 2014 10:47PM
    Opinions are like buttholes : Everybody has one, and they usually stink.

3 things to reduce stamina/magicka imbalance :
    - Use magicka to block abilities costing magicka, instead of stamina.
    - Add % damage reduction to heavy armor.
    - Add block penetration to 2H.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xezzu wrote: »
    Viverim wrote: »
    My concern is if there will be new items/gear found in the zone. They say the game is "play how you want", but if the 12-man raid gives you the best items and the game has a PvP element, then if you don't do the raid you are, in effect, penalized in PvP.

To some degree, I agree. Though, if we were to say for conversations sake that they didn't offer gear, what would they offer to give incentive to do it? (that's a rhetorical question).
    This is going to hurt people more then it is going to help them - Why are you not allowing SOME solo content in this new ZONE? thats taking away from the rest of us who dont really like group content and come to the game for its solo aspects ....

I respect the fact that you as a player prefer to play alone (assuming that's what you are implying), but being this's an MMO, I suspect it may be hard to justify expanding the amount of content for solo-play. Sure, I'm sure they could, and while I am not speaking for them and just using my opinion, I'm not sure it would be on the top of their list of priorities.

I dont have a regular 4 man group and I hate pugs. I wont get squat iut of this zone either, and neither with my friends(who srent all on at the same time... theres three of us).

If this is what we have to look forward to at VR10, we'll probably quit too. Patch after patch of full group/raid only content? Thats why I quit playing EQ2.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you're playing an MMO for SOLO content, you're playing the wrong genre. You're also dragging it down to WoW like standards, please go play a console RPG.

This game was designed for tes players too. Many if us play in pairs. MMO does not mean "bound by the gods at gunpiint to three other people to enjoy a content patch".
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Everone but those that dont have a four to 12 man group at thier beck and call.
  • Northman
    Northman
    ✭✭
    I like how people talk about this update like it's the last update to come out for the game. People, its the first endgame update (should be happy you speedrunners gets anything at all so quickly) who's to say the next update in a few weeks won't be catering to the solo players?
  • ZOS_AlexD
    Remember to keep it civil guys. You can disagree with one another, but if you resort to name calling and personal attacks, this conversation will be closed. Please review the rules before posting to help keep the forums safe for entire ESO community.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • WyeVxndzz
    WyeVxndzz
    ✭✭✭
    Talk about Craglorn? HOW ABOUT YOU FIX THE *** MAIN STORY QUEST - Messages Across Tamriel so we can actually ENTER veteran maps. GET YOUR PRIORITIES FIXED ZENIMAX This quest has been broken since early Access and you fix the *** Frog race first?! No one gives two *** about the frogs...

Wow.
    So.
    Uh.
    You realize there's probably different development teams and you don't just yank people off of the job they're doing to throw them in another team's work-in-progress?
    Edited by ZOS_AlexD on April 9, 2014 12:09AM
    «♥» «♥» «♥» «♥» «♥» «♥»
    When you're feeling under pressure, do something different. Roll up your sleeves, or eat an orange.
    Be on the look out for things that make you laugh. If you see nothing worth laughing at, pretend you see it, then laugh.
  • WyeVxndzz
    WyeVxndzz
    ✭✭✭
    Viverim wrote: »
    MorHawk wrote: »
    You're certainly entitled to your opinions, you just have to forgive peoples' understandable incredulity that you're apparently so fixated on single-player gameplay in an MMO.

MMO means more than one person playing the game at the same time. It in no way requires that you team up with others. This argument has always left me particularly unmoved and isn't terribly logical. And I'm not fixated on it. I am simply pointing out that one aspect of the upgrade is lacking. Why do I need to make comment on group play when group play is what the add-on is obviously all about? Or are you someone who thinks Forum threads should only be loaded with fanboy jubilation?

On the whole I enjoy ESO. The game is quite superior. But there are elements which I think can be improved, and if asked then I will put my own thoughts forward so that, should these comments be read by anyone taking feedback, they might be considered in the future.

As for the new content, which is the actual focus of the thread, while it has nice visuals I don't expect I will ever get to enjoy much of it for, as was pointed out earlier, joining a group necessitates moving at the group speed. No time to sit and look around. Probably no time to collect material nodes. No option to take off in a random direction and simply see what's over the next hill. To me, this is highly limiting, and therefore I remain underwhelmed by what has been revealed so far.

Join a guild.
    You can ignore them 90% of the time and when you need something there's a pool of people you've selected for whatever shared interest or reason you picked that particular guild - problem solved. Search for a PVE, light social guild. Time to go to the place you can't solo? Bring up that guild chat window you keep hidden and ask for a group of like minded explorers.
    «♥» «♥» «♥» «♥» «♥» «♥»
    When you're feeling under pressure, do something different. Roll up your sleeves, or eat an orange.
    Be on the look out for things that make you laugh. If you see nothing worth laughing at, pretend you see it, then laugh.
  • Csection
    Csection
    WyeVxndzz wrote: »
    Talk about Craglorn? HOW ABOUT YOU FIX THE *** MAIN STORY QUEST - Messages Across Tamriel so we can actually ENTER veteran maps. GET YOUR PRIORITIES FIXED ZENIMAX This quest has been broken since early Access and you fix the *** Frog race first?! No one gives two *** about the frogs...

Wow.
    So.
    Uh.
    You realize there's probably different development teams and you don't just yank people off of the job they're doing to throw them in another team's work-in-progress?
    Wow. Ragey fanboi denied a toy goes haywire - that's really no way to behave.
    So you attack people who voice their opinions about a particular product? They paid for this game just as you did. Let him complain because it's the truth. Hopefully even if a few people see this post and steer away from the game, job done. Stay smart, keep advocating a game that doesn't work, also keep paying for it!
  • Csection
    Csection
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8478/kw/messages across tamriel
    "Abandon and restart the quest, which also causes quest NPCs and objectives to restart; this generally gets positive results."

Ohh I guess support knows what they're talking about when they say to abandon the quest. I wonder if they even played this game? Do they know you can't abandon a main quest? Or are they just copying and pasting random solutions from some manual
  • Grengoshi
    Grengoshi
    Ok so some part of the game are bugged... but you guys would be the first ones to cry and throw a tantrum if they fixed the game and not tell you what content there releasing... FYI did theyt make this video the day of release or do they have these videos made prior so they can release them. just because they are showing future content does not mean they are not planning on fixing the bugs. IF THEY DONT FIX IT THEY WILL LOSE MONEY!!! they are not stupid... chill out and stop whining.
  • Csection
    Csection
    Grengoshi wrote: »
    Ok so some part of the game are bugged... but you guys would be the first ones to cry and throw a tantrum if they fixed the game and not tell you what content there releasing... FYI did theyt make this video the day of release or do they have these videos made prior so they can release them. just because they are showing future content does not mean they are not planning on fixing the bugs. IF THEY DONT FIX IT THEY WILL LOSE MONEY!!! they are not stupid... chill out and stop whining.

Don't really know what you're saying. Doesn't make sense. Don't know how what you're saying relates to the support saying abandon the quest as a solution when you can't abandon main quests. I'm saying the support doesn't play the game or clearly they have crap support.

• jedensuscg
    Oh great, more leaderboard stuff...

when I hear leaderboard all I hear is

exploit exploit exploit.

Just like EVERY other game out here, the top of the leaderboards are rarely ever legit players with legit tactics.

Just saying. Leaderboards are never a realistic metric for anything when it comes to gaming unless you have an active team that weeds out the filth that generally ruin the leaderboards through exploits and bad behavior. Zenimax will spend the first month easily closing all the exploits that these dedicated jackass groups will be abusing (and most likely not reporting) to get the best times, and the top ten times easily will be because of these exploits.

And zeni already showed they don't care about cleaning the leaderboards up, because they did not reset the PvP leaderboards after they did a major change to the way the quests worked in Cyrodil, meaning the vast majority of players joining during the 3 day pre-release and later have no chance at all, no matter how many hours they grind, to come close to topping the leaderboards until the campaigns reset in 90 days.

Don't get me wrong. I would love to have leaderboards that work. But rarely do they work. If your a competitive person, but refuse to resort to exploits, cheap tactics, or forcing yourself to play that OP flavor of the month build, then you never play to top the leaderboards, you play to land somewhere in the middle.

Edited by jedensuscg on April 9, 2014 3:26AM
  • Leijona
    Leijona
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't understand, why people complain about Craglorn beeing group content. There ist more or less no group content in the game yet. Sure, there are a few dungeons, where you need a group of four people. But beside that?

Up to now you can play the game alone, so why is it so hard to be happy for those that want some group content and therefor are glad about Craglorn being an area full of group content?

What if the next content update is for AvA? Will everyone, who is not interested in AvA, complain about the update is for AvA? Or will you be able to be happy for those guys around you, who are into AvA?
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't understand, why people complain about Craglorn beeing group content. There ist more or less no group content in the game yet. Sure, there are a few dungeons, where you need a group of four people. But beside that?

Up to now you can play the game alone, so why is it so hard to be happy for those that want some group content and therefor are glad about Craglorn being an area full of group content?

What if the next content update is for AvA? Will everyone, who is not interested in AvA, complain about the update is for AvA? Or will you be able to be happy for those guys around you, who are into AvA?

Because Ill get to VR 10 and be forced to retire out of lack of things to do that arent pvp? I dont plan on setting foot in Cyrodiil.

Thats the problem. Im a fairly quick leveler. If theres not more content that can be duo'd by the time I hit that it becomes a problem. Questing otherfactions' areas isnt even doable as a pair becaus of the absurdity of phasing.
  • Leijona
    Leijona
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because Ill get to VR 10 and be forced to retire out of lack of things to do that arent pvp? I dont plan on setting foot in Cyrodiil.

Thats the problem. Im a fairly quick leveler. If theres not more content that can be duo'd by the time I hit that it becomes a problem. Questing otherfactions' areas isnt even doable as a pair becaus of the absurdity of phasing.

In that case, Zenimax will never be able to get you entertained all the time. When you decide to level that fast and you decide not to go into Cyrodiil or make some group content, you will allways get bored pretty fast.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In that case, Zenimax will never be able to get you entertained all the time. When you decide to level that fast and you decide not to go into Cyrodiil or make some group content, you will allways get bored pretty fast.

Being able to do group content is fine and dandy but being locked out entirely because I dont have a full group of 4 is ***.

If we want to try overland Craglorn with 2 or 3 we should be able to but from what Im gathering, "nope need 4".

I dont pug. A decade of wow has taughr me other players are jackholes and my ignore list so far only reinforces that thought.

Im looking at you, Mr I have to be Annoying with rainbow chat and Mr I Feel a Need to Spew Stupid Crap In Zone Chat.

And dont get me started on the idiot using orange text that tried to start [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker] in zone the other day.

Those morons are ruining peoples' perceptions and making both me and my friends not want to group with any of you, ever.

/rant
  • RingobloodtheOld
    RingobloodtheOld
    ✭✭✭

Being able to do group content is fine and dandy but being locked out entirely because I dont have a full group of 4 is ***.

If we want to try overland Craglorn with 2 or 3 we should be able to but from what Im gathering, "nope need 4".

I dont pug. A decade of wow has taughr me other players are jackholes and my ignore list so far only reinforces that thought.

Im looking at you, Mr I have to be Annoying with rainbow chat and Mr I Feel a Need to Spew Stupid Crap In Zone Chat.

And dont get me started on the idiot using orange text that tried to start [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker] in zone the other day.

Those morons are ruining peoples' perceptions and making both me and my friends not want to group with any of you, ever.

/rant

Then join a Guild, make friends in that guild and run with them, dont be lazy now. Your playing an MMO if you dont like it, your playing the wrong type of game.

Server: NA/PC
    Holyringoblood (Altmer) Templer
    Torgrimmer (Breton) Templer
    Ringoblood (Nord) Dragonknight
    Ringobloodtheold (Dummer) Nightblade
  • Kalann_Pander
    Kalann_Pander
    ✭✭✭
    Then join a Guild, make friends in that guild and run with them, dont be lazy now. Your playing an MMO if you dont like it, your playing the wrong type of game.

Wrong, I'm playing Elder Scrolls Online, it just happens that a bunch of other guys are playing it at the same time I am.

For one, previous experiences have taught me that mostly, playing with others will be a source of frustration rather than enjoyment. The list of flaws is long - immaturity, stupidity, selfishness, dishonesty.
    It can, also, simply result from different playstyles. My own playstyle is definitely not group-friendly, as I tend to randomly explore places, stop to read books, and generally take my time looking around. That is the way I enjoy playing. Also, due to working in shifts, including the weekend, my schedule is anything but regular, rendering the whole group experience even more complicated to manage.

Granted, I'm nowhere near the level required to enter craglorn, so it won't bother me for a while.
    And I certainly wouldn't be ranting if a new mechanic which improved group-play was introduced, for example. I'd be thinking "Good for them, hope they enjoy it".

What I feel is wrong here, is that a whole new region is introduced, that the whole thing looks just gorgeous, but I won't get to play it as I want to play it because it's for a group of 4 minimum.

I don't understand the logic behind restricting some players from enjoying content. Even if the region is designed to receive a group of 4, with a commensurate level of danger, why should I be denied the chance to go see what the place looks like ?
    Opinions are like buttholes : Everybody has one, and they usually stink.

3 things to reduce stamina/magicka imbalance :
    - Use magicka to block abilities costing magicka, instead of stamina.
    - Add % damage reduction to heavy armor.
    - Add block penetration to 2H.
  • Zury1001ub17_ESO
    I wish they would add more single player content. While I like playing in a group, sometimes it is fun to just solo and do things by yourself. Hopefully we will see this in future updates
  • Inco
    Inco
    ✭✭✭✭
    More Single Player content? Really? Wow... you cleared all those quests in each and every zone already? Impressive... highly unlikely, but impressive. :)

I've skipped thru two zones so far and I know at least 30+ quests in them in the process. I plan on going back in my "free time" and check them out (even out leveled the storyline is still the same).